- Organ donation up by 100 per cent
- Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo worker
- Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being first ever top women's AFL draft pick
- Rumour File: Defence force confirms Australian Army base incident
- Top cop not just a pretty face in a dodgy toilet
- Rumour File: Ramping issue caused paramedics 28 minutes to reach fitting baby
- Beware of the jury duty fine letter scam
- Standing equals exercise
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- No Thanks on 'Cats fighting over a rancid sandwich' She's no big deal. I'm quite she there are plenty of others who could take her place. more
- Ken of Euroa on Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo ... Wow what a story....zoo worker scratched on the finger by sharp thing! Hold the presses this is bigger than Watergate! more
- Andrew on Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being ... Poor Daisy - What chance does she have? Another first round selection by Melbourne!!!!!!! more
- Susan on Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being ... We have women's football, women's netball, women's cricket...all thriving sports for women, yet none can't get a interview ... more
- David R on Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo ... This is news.. you will be reporting paper cuts soon!! more
- mylene on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... Dog owners are the smokers of the 21st Century. :) more
- Ivan@kinnane on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced Ella was 13 when she first fronted Killing Heidi. She used to wear some provocative outfits! So interesting comments from ... more
- Ross on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Agree Peninsula Ambo.Paramedics are constantly called out to attend patients who are better off seeking a GP's opinion or ... more
- Peninsula Ambo on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Ramping I believe is NOT the issue here, and with all other cases in the media. The problem solely lies in the call taking ... more
- Peggy on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... The ONLY was to stop this is to punish the stupid, irrisponsible owners.You can't blame a gun for killing someone. It's the ... more
- David R on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Shouldn't you be asking the Hospital staff and management why they refuse to accept patients. more
- Jake on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced BS. more
- Peter on Restaurant owners want penalty rates ... Hospitality industry workers along with retail industry workers are among the lower paid workers in this country and to ... more
- mylene on Victoria Police unable to share ... What a load of rubbish. The Premier of Victoria is also the racing minister and if he found out there was any criminals ... more
- John on Mass retail exodus in Bridge Road The new tram stops on Bridge Road west have taken dozens of parking spaces and helped to make the place look like an ... more
- bruce on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... Some facts on Pitbulls. American Pitbull Terriers constitute the majority of dogs used for illegal dog fighting in the ... more
- mylene on Mass retail exodus in Bridge Road It's a lot easier to build apartments over an existing shop and it's even easier is that shop is unoccupied. There. The ... more
- janetp on Victoria Police unable to share ... Who benefits from the Fed Legislation, the Politicians,to many crooks in power. more
- janetp on Restaurant owners want penalty rates ... Restaurants, cafe's, coffee shops, takeaway food, any thing to do with food are charged an additional $700 a year. No other ... more
- janetp on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced Get real, if u wear short short's to attract attention u get what u deserve, the complaint should be,they wreaked my ear ... more
A Tale of Two Cities: Sunbury 'bogans' vs the 'elite'
A petition to stop ‘bogan’ Sunbury residents from using V/Line rail services has gathered 75 signatures from residents of nearby towns, in what a local councillor has described as ‘A Tale of Two Cities’.
Speaking with 3AW Breakfast, Councillor Jack Medcraft, representative for Jacksons Creek Ward said his Sunbury constituents were the victims of discrimination at the hands of the Gisborne and Macedon ‘elite’.
After Sunbury locals were given access to Metro’s rail service following the completion of the Sunbury electrification project in November, fellow commuters on the V/Line Bendigo line have banded to ether to try to stop Subury residents from double dipping.
Cr Medcraft said V/Line’s staff were now also involved, trying to stop Sunbury residents from using the service.
"It's got to the stage now where conductors are forcing people off the train if they're going to Sunbury," he said.
"I'm a bit concerned that the elite, who think they're better up in Gisborne than Sunbury people, they've got the cheek to put a petition together and train to ban us from getting on the train."
Cr Medcraft said Macdeon’s local member Joanne Duncan MP had promised Sunbury’s access to V/Line services would remain after the Metro rail electrification was complete.
"So if the Gisborne people think they're more entitled to it, well, sorry guys, democracy says we can all use the same train," he said.
"A lot of people in Sunbury didn't want the Metro system, and they like the V/Line system because there's conductors and toilets."
LISTEN: Cr Jack Medcraft speaks with 3AW Breakfast:
Good on you Rod. Thanks for capitalising "scumbury" in your comments. We're so thick we wouldn't have picked it up any other way.
If you are from the Macedon Ranges, why are on the 3AW website anyway? A bit low brow isn't it? I thought all you elitists exclusively listened to the ABC?
Reading through these comments, the posters from Sunbury have shown a level of class and maturity clearly beyond you and others of a similarly mean-spirited persuasion. You're behaviour and attitude is straight out of the schoolyard. An unhappy childhood was it?Ross Bates Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:23 AM
Does the same thing happen on the Pakenham line? I know you can't take V/line from the city to Dandenong but can you to Pakenham.Ian Montgomery Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 9:43 AM
We are all just trying to commute to the city. I don't see what the problem is.
Of course I was disgusted by the popping of a champagne cork on the last Sunbury service before the metro services began, not to mention alcohol wouldn't have been acceptable by a Sunbury residence. The two times I've seen alcohol being consumes on vline services were both by parties going past the Sunbury station. Double standards.Andrew Monday 7 January, 2013 - 4:54 PM
Dear Anonymous (Wed 26th Dec)
you now have extra trains to catch so you can choose not to get on a Sunbury train. Instead you can get on the train with all your unfriendly,small minded,foul mouthed commuters. And who would want to catch a Metro train that has been totally grafitted, smells like urine and is filthy. And I wander who has done that to the trains certainly not the Sunbury commuters as they were like that before we started using the service.AC Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:35 AM
Interesting to note that early January Sunbury is being used by Bendigo and Macedon Rangers V/line commuters during rail line closures to use the Sunbury Station car park for the special v/line buses into the city. Yes unless they drive this is the only option but I do not see any complaints from Sunbury residents losing 100 car spaces to Bendigo line people for their buses when it suits them and not surprisingly they are mixing with us "bogans" by coming into the town.
If Sunbury are not part of V/line why use our station as a changeover point?
This makes this whole issue pointless and meaningless.Michael Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:29 AM
Gisborne & Macedon Ranges Elite? Elite in what way exactly? And what is this term Scumbury? Is this a word game? Can I play? How about Gisborin or Macedon DeRanges. It seems comments such as those I have just read can only come from boring or deranged minds. It's time for the vocal, discriminating minority to get off their high horses, or ride-on mowers or whatever it is they get about on out there and find something better to do with their time, oh but wait.. there is nothing to do out there in the land of the supposed Elite. Is there now? No wonder.Confused Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 2:37 PM