- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Seoul Seoul, food with soul: Tregan reviews for 3AW Breakfast
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
A Tale of Two Cities: Sunbury 'bogans' vs the 'elite'
A petition to stop ‘bogan’ Sunbury residents from using V/Line rail services has gathered 75 signatures from residents of nearby towns, in what a local councillor has described as ‘A Tale of Two Cities’.
Speaking with 3AW Breakfast, Councillor Jack Medcraft, representative for Jacksons Creek Ward said his Sunbury constituents were the victims of discrimination at the hands of the Gisborne and Macedon ‘elite’.
After Sunbury locals were given access to Metro’s rail service following the completion of the Sunbury electrification project in November, fellow commuters on the V/Line Bendigo line have banded to ether to try to stop Subury residents from double dipping.
Cr Medcraft said V/Line’s staff were now also involved, trying to stop Sunbury residents from using the service.
"It's got to the stage now where conductors are forcing people off the train if they're going to Sunbury," he said.
"I'm a bit concerned that the elite, who think they're better up in Gisborne than Sunbury people, they've got the cheek to put a petition together and train to ban us from getting on the train."
Cr Medcraft said Macdeon’s local member Joanne Duncan MP had promised Sunbury’s access to V/Line services would remain after the Metro rail electrification was complete.
"So if the Gisborne people think they're more entitled to it, well, sorry guys, democracy says we can all use the same train," he said.
"A lot of people in Sunbury didn't want the Metro system, and they like the V/Line system because there's conductors and toilets."
LISTEN: Cr Jack Medcraft speaks with 3AW Breakfast:
Good on you Rod. Thanks for capitalising "scumbury" in your comments. We're so thick we wouldn't have picked it up any other way.
If you are from the Macedon Ranges, why are on the 3AW website anyway? A bit low brow isn't it? I thought all you elitists exclusively listened to the ABC?
Reading through these comments, the posters from Sunbury have shown a level of class and maturity clearly beyond you and others of a similarly mean-spirited persuasion. You're behaviour and attitude is straight out of the schoolyard. An unhappy childhood was it?Ross Bates Monday 21 January, 2013 - 2:23 AM
Does the same thing happen on the Pakenham line? I know you can't take V/line from the city to Dandenong but can you to Pakenham.Ian Montgomery Tuesday 8 January, 2013 - 9:43 AM
We are all just trying to commute to the city. I don't see what the problem is.
Of course I was disgusted by the popping of a champagne cork on the last Sunbury service before the metro services began, not to mention alcohol wouldn't have been acceptable by a Sunbury residence. The two times I've seen alcohol being consumes on vline services were both by parties going past the Sunbury station. Double standards.Andrew Monday 7 January, 2013 - 4:54 PM
Dear Anonymous (Wed 26th Dec)
you now have extra trains to catch so you can choose not to get on a Sunbury train. Instead you can get on the train with all your unfriendly,small minded,foul mouthed commuters. And who would want to catch a Metro train that has been totally grafitted, smells like urine and is filthy. And I wander who has done that to the trains certainly not the Sunbury commuters as they were like that before we started using the service.AC Monday 7 January, 2013 - 10:35 AM
Interesting to note that early January Sunbury is being used by Bendigo and Macedon Rangers V/line commuters during rail line closures to use the Sunbury Station car park for the special v/line buses into the city. Yes unless they drive this is the only option but I do not see any complaints from Sunbury residents losing 100 car spaces to Bendigo line people for their buses when it suits them and not surprisingly they are mixing with us "bogans" by coming into the town.
If Sunbury are not part of V/line why use our station as a changeover point?
This makes this whole issue pointless and meaningless.Michael Monday 7 January, 2013 - 9:29 AM
Gisborne & Macedon Ranges Elite? Elite in what way exactly? And what is this term Scumbury? Is this a word game? Can I play? How about Gisborin or Macedon DeRanges. It seems comments such as those I have just read can only come from boring or deranged minds. It's time for the vocal, discriminating minority to get off their high horses, or ride-on mowers or whatever it is they get about on out there and find something better to do with their time, oh but wait.. there is nothing to do out there in the land of the supposed Elite. Is there now? No wonder.Confused Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 2:37 PM