- How Liz may have cost Warnie $5 million
- Miranda Kerr naked in Australian flag
- Belly dancer leaves audience displeased
- Australia Post's Good Samaritan
- Rumour File: Where is Mark Neeld headed?
- Ross's Melburnian of the week
- Rumour File: Could Ricky Nixon's stand-up routine land him in legal trouble?
- Tips of the trade from Warnie's agent
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Malcolm Fraser on Miranda Kerr naked in Australian flag If it's OK for bogans at the cricket and Cronulla beach to wear the flag then surely Miranda is fine. more
- Fran on Rumour File: Where is Mark Neeld headed? Leave the man alone. It's like a racehorse trainer having to try and train a three legged horse it's not going to win. ... more
- Peggy on Australia Post's Good Samaritan So glad this lady was served by a quick thinking person. Some would simply comply with her request without thinking.Our ... more
- gbh on Australia Post's Good Samaritan How thick would you have to be? more
- Peter Harris on Rumour File: Could Ricky Nixon's ... Ricky Nixon is a total waste of space. I can't understand how anyone can look at him with anything other than contempt. This ... more
- Julie on Shane's 'sexy' selfie All I can say is Ewwwwwwwwww more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Rumour File: Could Ricky Nixon's ... That's Aussie Ball culture, that's how they all act when the cameras are off or at suburban clubs. It's a game for societies ... more
- Footy fan on Rumour File: Where is Mark Neeld headed? Hopefully he's off on a family holiday, but honestly who cares?!The media should be ashamed of themselves at how they ... more
- Jillian on Rumour File: Where is Mark Neeld headed? Just like a boomerang 'I'LL BE BACK!" more
- Matt - proudly Un-Australian on Rumour File: Where is Mark Neeld headed? To coaching school for dummies. If he was a football manager he wouldn't get a job in the Romanian 5th division, shows how ... more
- Brenda Rawlins on Shane's 'sexy' selfie Shane used to look great. The latest photo in the Herald Sun makes him look as if he emerged from Madam Taussaud's more
- Brenda Rawlins on Confirmed: Defunct primary school's ... Why the heck is any sane premier signing up to Gonski when hopefully Gillard will be out of business and someone sane will ... more
- Brenda Rawlins on Drink-driving a social offence, not a ... Of course. A drink driving offence is not enough to prohibit someone from being a PSO or even a policeman, as long as it is ... more
- Rob Marinelli on Tips of the trade from Warnie's agent I bought a home because of the smell once... Crazy i know but it smelt of one of those really nice massage parlours so we ... more
- Sinbad on Tips of the trade from Warnie's agent I wonder if 'Mr. Smooth' has had two metre by two metre blown up of his selfie done for the main entrance to greet ... more
- Chris on Push to change legal drinking age from ... Increase the age, this is Gen Y speaking more
- jason on Push to change legal drinking age from ... Well Mike I'm glad you asked. Rudd's shambolic Alcopop Tax has raised $4.5 billion since 2008 yet a report shows the same ... more
- Mandi on Push to change legal drinking age from ... I agree the legal age for drinking should be lifted to 21 because most teenagers cannot handle it they turn into stupid ... more
- Jan on Shane's 'sexy' selfie Shane you have been behaving like a complete dill for quite a few years now - TIME TO GROW UP heaven knows what your poor ... more
- Peggy on Push to change legal drinking age from ... The legal drinking age now is 18 but kids as young as 12 are getting drunk.Making is 21 is not going to stop the same young ... more
Airport rail link government's responsibility: Melbourne Airport
With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?
Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett told Ross and John that while Australia Pacific Airport Corporation is happy to bankroll the new road, the construction of a rail link fell into the government's hands.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you rather see - a new road to the airport or a rail link from the city? Comment below
"Melbourne Airport absolutely supports a rail link and we are working with the government on a feasibility study for that, however it is up to the government to build that rail link," she said.
"There are a lot of people who drive to the airport so what we're doing here is providing a direct link to Melbourne Airport from the Western Ring Road which will hopefully also ease congestion on Tullamarine Freeway."
LISTEN: Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett with Ross and John:
The Sydney rail line passes right by Airport West shopping centre. How much would it cost to divert and run a line no more than 5km right up into the Airport port .Using the new rail motors they can run a train through Sunshine. Footscray into Southern Cross Station costing very little.wayne Friday 7 December, 2012 - 10:44 PM
Why can't they just extend the tram line that already goes to Airport West and use the double carriaged trams....light rail?Graeme Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:57 AM
I parked for 1 hour waiting for late flight and long wait for luggage. $24.00!!!!!!
Great cash cow for the idiots that control the airport that still has same drop off zone that was built in 1970Harry Brown Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:22 AM
Instead of 80 million it would be cheaper to build rail. because THE BROADMEDOWS LINE,UPFIELD LINE,ST ALBANS LINE are very close the air port..
The tram net work also has a line to airport west to city...
I just feel VICTORIA is going know where and fast.. some time less is more.. its the quality life stylesteve Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
They gave us the desal plant for future generations why not a decent railway network.Anne Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:43 PM
Yay. More parking money for the Airport.Nick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:43 AM