- AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules
- Essendon, ASADA case 'nearly completed'
- Stamps launched as closure announced
- No flipping worries: Kusznirczuk says on-selling tactic OK
- How can Shaw make his apology genuine?
- Not only celebrities at risk
- Suspected joy-riders flee after tractor smash
- Moreland Councillor linked to Calabrian mafia
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
- alison tuxworth on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White more
- Shawn on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... We're in Melbourne...Black is the new Black! more
- Sal J on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver 'cos if you miss washing it, it'll still look clean enough whereas black shows up dirt too easily more
- Kath on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver always looks clean more
- Heather on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White London Cabs is my choiceHowever, if they have to be Black withthe silver roof, or other black and silver combination ... more
- Clorinda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White, looks smart will look cleaner more
- Vic on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White for summer and visibility safety more
Airport rail link government's responsibility: Melbourne Airport
With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?
Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett told Ross and John that while Australia Pacific Airport Corporation is happy to bankroll the new road, the construction of a rail link fell into the government's hands.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you rather see - a new road to the airport or a rail link from the city? Comment below
"Melbourne Airport absolutely supports a rail link and we are working with the government on a feasibility study for that, however it is up to the government to build that rail link," she said.
"There are a lot of people who drive to the airport so what we're doing here is providing a direct link to Melbourne Airport from the Western Ring Road which will hopefully also ease congestion on Tullamarine Freeway."
LISTEN: Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett with Ross and John:
The Sydney rail line passes right by Airport West shopping centre. How much would it cost to divert and run a line no more than 5km right up into the Airport port .Using the new rail motors they can run a train through Sunshine. Footscray into Southern Cross Station costing very little.wayne Friday 7 December, 2012 - 10:44 PM
Why can't they just extend the tram line that already goes to Airport West and use the double carriaged trams....light rail?Graeme Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:57 AM
I parked for 1 hour waiting for late flight and long wait for luggage. $24.00!!!!!!
Great cash cow for the idiots that control the airport that still has same drop off zone that was built in 1970Harry Brown Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:22 AM
Instead of 80 million it would be cheaper to build rail. because THE BROADMEDOWS LINE,UPFIELD LINE,ST ALBANS LINE are very close the air port..
The tram net work also has a line to airport west to city...
I just feel VICTORIA is going know where and fast.. some time less is more.. its the quality life stylesteve Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
They gave us the desal plant for future generations why not a decent railway network.Anne Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:43 PM
Yay. More parking money for the Airport.Nick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:43 AM