- Ela's best of the best 2013
- Breakfast's Rumour File Lexus giveaway 2013
- Australian Jesus look-alike booted from UK darts... again
- Grade five student ignites homemade explosive
- News website's headline blunder
- Banning drugs 'doesn't work that well': Expert
- Vlahos link to fiery Connewarre incident
- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- former parent on Grade five student ignites homemade ... Nothing surprises me or the community . This school has a history of " Sweeping things under the mat" The Principle is an ... more
- Kath on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Great breathing On the audio Ross.great goal Burnso. Great stuff all round. more
- Lisa on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Hugh is gorgeous!!!! more
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
Airport rail link government's responsibility: Melbourne Airport
With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?
Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett told Ross and John that while Australia Pacific Airport Corporation is happy to bankroll the new road, the construction of a rail link fell into the government's hands.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you rather see - a new road to the airport or a rail link from the city? Comment below
"Melbourne Airport absolutely supports a rail link and we are working with the government on a feasibility study for that, however it is up to the government to build that rail link," she said.
"There are a lot of people who drive to the airport so what we're doing here is providing a direct link to Melbourne Airport from the Western Ring Road which will hopefully also ease congestion on Tullamarine Freeway."
LISTEN: Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett with Ross and John:
The Sydney rail line passes right by Airport West shopping centre. How much would it cost to divert and run a line no more than 5km right up into the Airport port .Using the new rail motors they can run a train through Sunshine. Footscray into Southern Cross Station costing very little.wayne Friday 7 December, 2012 - 10:44 PM
Why can't they just extend the tram line that already goes to Airport West and use the double carriaged trams....light rail?Graeme Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:57 AM
I parked for 1 hour waiting for late flight and long wait for luggage. $24.00!!!!!!
Great cash cow for the idiots that control the airport that still has same drop off zone that was built in 1970Harry Brown Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:22 AM
Instead of 80 million it would be cheaper to build rail. because THE BROADMEDOWS LINE,UPFIELD LINE,ST ALBANS LINE are very close the air port..
The tram net work also has a line to airport west to city...
I just feel VICTORIA is going know where and fast.. some time less is more.. its the quality life stylesteve Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
They gave us the desal plant for future generations why not a decent railway network.Anne Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:43 PM
Yay. More parking money for the Airport.Nick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:43 AM