- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Seoul Seoul, food with soul: Tregan reviews for 3AW Breakfast
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Airport rail link government's responsibility: Melbourne Airport
With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?
Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett told Ross and John that while Australia Pacific Airport Corporation is happy to bankroll the new road, the construction of a rail link fell into the government's hands.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you rather see - a new road to the airport or a rail link from the city? Comment below
"Melbourne Airport absolutely supports a rail link and we are working with the government on a feasibility study for that, however it is up to the government to build that rail link," she said.
"There are a lot of people who drive to the airport so what we're doing here is providing a direct link to Melbourne Airport from the Western Ring Road which will hopefully also ease congestion on Tullamarine Freeway."
LISTEN: Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett with Ross and John:
The Sydney rail line passes right by Airport West shopping centre. How much would it cost to divert and run a line no more than 5km right up into the Airport port .Using the new rail motors they can run a train through Sunshine. Footscray into Southern Cross Station costing very little.wayne Friday 7 December, 2012 - 10:44 PM
Why can't they just extend the tram line that already goes to Airport West and use the double carriaged trams....light rail?Graeme Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:57 AM
I parked for 1 hour waiting for late flight and long wait for luggage. $24.00!!!!!!
Great cash cow for the idiots that control the airport that still has same drop off zone that was built in 1970Harry Brown Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:22 AM
Instead of 80 million it would be cheaper to build rail. because THE BROADMEDOWS LINE,UPFIELD LINE,ST ALBANS LINE are very close the air port..
The tram net work also has a line to airport west to city...
I just feel VICTORIA is going know where and fast.. some time less is more.. its the quality life stylesteve Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
They gave us the desal plant for future generations why not a decent railway network.Anne Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:43 PM
Yay. More parking money for the Airport.Nick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:43 AM