- Man charged over 30yo murder case
- Shouse: Sandringham train like a 'pig sty'
- On board with a dauntless drone
- 3D scanners to suit up gents
- Ela tastes Indian at Babu Ji
- Reporter recalls 'believable' Bill Vlahos
- Possums pinned in doomed trees
- Wearable kidneys offer hope
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Luke on Man charged over 30yo murder case Ahhh so this is Senior Sergeant Ron Iddles swansong! Great work! more
- Tony on Possums pinned in doomed trees The way humans treat animals and do these types of things makes me utterly sick. more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... I think Mr Samuels needs to drive a taxi for a few weeks to get a better understanding of what really happens and how things ... more
- Mandi on Teens too hungover for school My niece told me one of her casual work acquaintances couldn't attend her 5 hr shift unless she could keep a vomit bag ... more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... Here is an idea for you Graeme Samuels, How about you go drive a taxi for a week and really see what happens in the real ... more
- Gerry on Both parties plan to offload port If the Labor party didn't waste BILLONS on the desal plant and all other crackpot Labor and Green policies, we would have ... more
- Stephen Pitney on After the AFL Wall falls International development of Australian football is essential to make the game relevant and sustainable. Just like every ... more
- Bee on After the AFL Wall falls Bring back black and white rules (nothing to do with Collingwood) there are too many open to interpretation even the players ... more
- Craig on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee It's a disgrace. An outrage. And numbers will be up this year and all the sheep will pay, and pay and pay. Thank God i gave ... more
- mylene on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee Concert goers have had to put up with this for years. The Melbourne Recital Centre also asks for a 'donation' when you book. more
- Christine on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee How is this allowed to happen? It's day light robbery and unethical business practice. more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Heavy prisoners' blame Bayley for ... so who really cares..... more
- r on Study shows mammograms useless The mammogram did not pick up the cancer that my mum had but the ultrasound did so they are not 100% please be aware of that. more
- Rosemary on Study shows mammograms useless at 43 I found a lump in my breast. Surgeon sent me for mammo & ultrasound. Mammo found nothing, ultrasound found 2 cancerous ... more
- Jill on Study shows mammograms useless Tough titty's to the 25 year old study....I WILL STILL BE HAVING MY REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FOR THE SAKE OF NOT ONLY MY OWN ... more
- Jackie on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... I rarely use Myki as I live in country Vic but I know that the green one, gives you the message, saying that you've touched ... more
- Sharon Williams on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... Seriously? I hope the fine was withdrawn, beaurocracy gone mad. more
- Dave gelbart on Shopper chases down runaway racehorse Question for john..Was I in the right place at the wrong time?Dave gelbart more
- Gloria on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers Although had seen it before I watched 'School of Rock' on Eleven as don't much like 'Rake' and was never going to watch ... more
- Lynne List on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers I wanted to watch both Schapelle and INXS but INXS won only because I'm a huge fan and I was peeved off 9 moved it. With ... more
Airport rail link government's responsibility: Melbourne Airport
With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?
Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett told Ross and John that while Australia Pacific Airport Corporation is happy to bankroll the new road, the construction of a rail link fell into the government's hands.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you rather see - a new road to the airport or a rail link from the city? Comment below
"Melbourne Airport absolutely supports a rail link and we are working with the government on a feasibility study for that, however it is up to the government to build that rail link," she said.
"There are a lot of people who drive to the airport so what we're doing here is providing a direct link to Melbourne Airport from the Western Ring Road which will hopefully also ease congestion on Tullamarine Freeway."
LISTEN: Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett with Ross and John:
The Sydney rail line passes right by Airport West shopping centre. How much would it cost to divert and run a line no more than 5km right up into the Airport port .Using the new rail motors they can run a train through Sunshine. Footscray into Southern Cross Station costing very little.wayne Friday 7 December, 2012 - 10:44 PM
Why can't they just extend the tram line that already goes to Airport West and use the double carriaged trams....light rail?Graeme Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:57 AM
I parked for 1 hour waiting for late flight and long wait for luggage. $24.00!!!!!!
Great cash cow for the idiots that control the airport that still has same drop off zone that was built in 1970Harry Brown Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:22 AM
Instead of 80 million it would be cheaper to build rail. because THE BROADMEDOWS LINE,UPFIELD LINE,ST ALBANS LINE are very close the air port..
The tram net work also has a line to airport west to city...
I just feel VICTORIA is going know where and fast.. some time less is more.. its the quality life stylesteve Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
They gave us the desal plant for future generations why not a decent railway network.Anne Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:43 PM
Yay. More parking money for the Airport.Nick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:43 AM