- Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD
- Piggery Cafe at Burnham Beeches
- Is this Myer's most loyal employee?
- Ross and John at the Robert Burns Hotel
- Fad to famish: Australia running out of kale
- 'Rational people' will still fly with Malaysia
- Hird's back and raring to go
- $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy Laver
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Nick on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD First ban smoking in the CBD, then ban headphones in the CBD, soon start banning people coming into the CBD. more
- Jed Maxwell on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD I certainly won't be 'unplugging' my headphones in the CBD. Walking around with headphones on means I don't have to listen ... more
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
- tracy on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Bet a lot of the people complaining have not signed the sex offender register. Easier to whinge and whine about Sam Newman ... more
Airport rail link government's responsibility: Melbourne Airport
With Melbourne Airport set to build an $80 million six-lane road to directly connect motorists between the Western Ring Road and Tullamarine, 3AW Breakfast have asked: What about a rail link?
Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett told Ross and John that while Australia Pacific Airport Corporation is happy to bankroll the new road, the construction of a rail link fell into the government's hands.
HAVE YOUR SAY: What would you rather see - a new road to the airport or a rail link from the city? Comment below
"Melbourne Airport absolutely supports a rail link and we are working with the government on a feasibility study for that, however it is up to the government to build that rail link," she said.
"There are a lot of people who drive to the airport so what we're doing here is providing a direct link to Melbourne Airport from the Western Ring Road which will hopefully also ease congestion on Tullamarine Freeway."
LISTEN: Melbourne Airport spokesperson Anna Gillett with Ross and John:
The Sydney rail line passes right by Airport West shopping centre. How much would it cost to divert and run a line no more than 5km right up into the Airport port .Using the new rail motors they can run a train through Sunshine. Footscray into Southern Cross Station costing very little.wayne Friday 7 December, 2012 - 10:44 PM
Why can't they just extend the tram line that already goes to Airport West and use the double carriaged trams....light rail?Graeme Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 11:57 AM
I parked for 1 hour waiting for late flight and long wait for luggage. $24.00!!!!!!
Great cash cow for the idiots that control the airport that still has same drop off zone that was built in 1970Harry Brown Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 7:22 AM
Instead of 80 million it would be cheaper to build rail. because THE BROADMEDOWS LINE,UPFIELD LINE,ST ALBANS LINE are very close the air port..
The tram net work also has a line to airport west to city...
I just feel VICTORIA is going know where and fast.. some time less is more.. its the quality life stylesteve Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 8:10 PM
They gave us the desal plant for future generations why not a decent railway network.Anne Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 1:43 PM
Yay. More parking money for the Airport.Nick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 10:43 AM