- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Seoul Seoul, food with soul: Tregan reviews for 3AW Breakfast
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
'Bomb' tweet lands teenage Pink fan in hot water
A teenage boy who attended last night’s Pink concert at Rod Laver arena left with more than he bargained for, after an apparent bomb threat contained in a tweet saw him evicted, arrested and charged.
Speaking with Ross and John, the boy’s father, David King, said the tweet had innocent intentions and was a reference to Pink’s song ‘Timebomb’.
LISTEN: David King speaks with Ross and John:
“When he wrote that, he didn’t have time to put ‘Timebomb’, you know,” he said.
The 16-year-old last night tweeted:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think the boy should face charges? Comment below
The teenager's father said he believed security were able to locate within the 12,000-strong crowd by using his Twitter profile picture.
David King said the fact his son was facing criminal charges, including public nuisance, was excessive.
“The policeman said to me, 'if it was up to me, I would have booted him in the backside and said go home',” he told Ross and John.
“But they demanded (he) be arrested.”
You can't tell me this 'kid' did not know what he was doing and am betting if the police had given him a kick up the bum, as his father suggested, dad woud be the first one to scream police brutality.Gloria Wednesday 10 July, 2013 - 11:44 AM
If AC/DC played at Rod Laver TNT would have to be dropped from their set as well as every song from Blow Up Your Video.mylene Wednesday 10 July, 2013 - 9:48 AM
If the little attention seeking
nuisance,threatens 12,000 peoples lives, and has priors for bad behavior. There should be consequences.He obviously is not treating threatening behavior seriously. Oh cancel his Facebook and twitter account as well.
Good CatchAndrea G Tuesday 9 July, 2013 - 11:18 AM
Why would ANY artist worth their salt EVER play this arena again?Clint Tuesday 9 July, 2013 - 5:32 AM
Anything to do with bombs is and has no longer been acceptable for a long time. The word BOMB is no joking matter. If you are going to tweet make sure you think about any consequences before doing so.joe blonski Monday 8 July, 2013 - 8:54 PM