- New research says salt has no impact on blood pressure
- Footy freak wins two fantasy competitions
- Shark attacked by chainsaw
- Ela Carte visits Valley Cellar Door
- Concrete house fetches $225k above reserve
- Footballer's damaged passport fail
- New bike rules under consideration
- Watch: 3D printer wows Ross and John
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on New bike rules under consideration This is a world gone mad,bikes can go through red lights! Whats next cars and pedestrians can also go through a red light as ... more
- Jonathan Gay. on New bike rules under consideration Cyclists should be able to ride on the same side of the road, at least in the country, that pedestrians should walk on, ie ... more
- Stephen on New bike rules under consideration Stupidity at its worst. So what happens when a car hits the bike running the Red. What happens when the bike cleans up a ... more
- jgl Melb on New bike rules under consideration This tosh is a classic example of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...Anyone would think there's an election in the wind. more
- David on New bike rules under consideration The only new bike rule that should be introduced is banning them from the road!! more
- John Karmouche on New bike rules under consideration Allowing motorcycles to share bicycles lanes is a common sense solution to what is a common practice. Where is the evidence ... more
- Willow on Bigger, but better? Maybe John should get the watch that gives the phases of the moon. On Monday he mentioned that there was a full moon on ... more
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
Comedian Phyllis Diller dies at 95
Pioneer stand-up comedian Phyllis Diller has died in Los Angeles, aged 95.
One of the first female stand-up comics, Diller went from being a housewife at 37 to a professional jokester after her husband lost his job.
3AW Entertainment reporter Pete Ford said Diller was one-of-a-kind:
"I've always loved Phyllis Diller. She's a remarkable woman and a generous soul. Incredibly funny and clever," Pete said.
"There have been women in the past who were funny but there had never been a stand-up comedian. She was dubbed the female Bob Hope."
Diller only stopped doing stand-up comedy five years ago on her 90th birthday.
"She knew in the back of her mind that she wasn't as sharp as she used to be to do a stand-up routine," Pete said.
Diller performed in Melbourne many times during her career and had thousands of fans in Australia.
I agree! Very funny lady. Some of today's female comedians should ditch their tiresome vulgar diatribes about bodily functions and watch (and learn) from one of the best!Max Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 5:38 PM
The funniest female standup ever. And like all the true greats, she always got laughs without working blue.
Give Fang heaps in Heaven, Phyllis!Robert Drossaert Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 9:30 AM
Funny as!Faye Tuesday 21 August, 2012 - 9:04 AM