- Bags of Rock join 3AW Breakfast in Glasgow
- Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD
- Piggery Cafe at Burnham Beeches
- Is this Myer's most loyal employee?
- Ross and John at the Robert Burns Hotel
- Fad to famish: Australia running out of kale
- 'Rational people' will still fly with Malaysia
- Hird's back and raring to go
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Nick on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD First ban smoking in the CBD, then ban headphones in the CBD, soon start banning people coming into the CBD. more
- Jed Maxwell on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD I certainly won't be 'unplugging' my headphones in the CBD. Walking around with headphones on means I don't have to listen ... more
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
- tracy on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Bet a lot of the people complaining have not signed the sex offender register. Easier to whinge and whine about Sam Newman ... more
Did Lady Gaga call the 3AW openline?
Has Lady Gaga revealed her poker face on 3AW?
You be the judge!
We've uncovered some audio which we believe may be the pop superstar on the 3AW Talkback line.
The following call was taken by hosts Andrew McLaren and Mark Petkovic on the Overnighters program just before 2:00am on 4th July.
Speaking in a thick American accent, the caller identifies herself as "Stefani from Richmond" and asks about the weather before telling Andrew and Mark she was at Saturday night's Lady Gaga concert.
"It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to," Stefani tells Andrew and Mark.
"I was absolutely speechless, her shows, her performance, it was unbelievable.”
We think the vocal similarities are uncanny. But the coincidences don't stop there.
At the time the call was made, Lady Gaga was winding down in Melbourne having completed her string of five shows at Rod Laver Arena, with a party planned that night at the Northcote Social Club.
And to add to the mystery of the unusual call, Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
So perhaps the name 'Stefani' was not a pseudonym at all.
COMPARE: Lady Gaga on 'Ellen' last year:
90 per cent of respondents to 3AW Breakfast's 'Instant Poll' think it's her.
Tracy Grimshaw and 3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who spent an hour with Lady Gaga for an interview on A Current Affair last year, both agree they think it's the real deal.
"It's the sort of mischievous thing that she would do," Tracy Grimshaw said.
Peter Ford said he does think it's her, saying Gaga is an insomniac.
"These people do get lonely," he said.
"Very often...all her tour group go to bed, and she's there feeling very bored and wanting someone to chat to."
Peter said the often question mark left hanging was the fact she did not answer definitively to the number of costume changes in the show.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Andrew McLaren said he had no suspicions whatsoever that it could've been Lady Gaga.
"I didn't suspect it at all," he said.
"I just came to work last night and Mark, my offsider, said 'apparently we spoke to Lady Gaga last week.'"
Andrew floated the idea of cashing in on his newfound success by selling the button of the phone line on which 'Stephanie from Richmond' came through on.
"I wish the conversation had gone longer, because I had a couple of song suggestions for her next album," Andrew McLaren said.
IMAGE: A screen shot from Lady Gaga's hit song Telephone (YouTube)
LISTEN: Peter Ford gives his verdict on whether it's Lady Gaga:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think it's Lady Gaga?
Gillard has a political life expectancy of 10 days or less. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation from that abomination, that would be dictator and that traitor. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation like never before. I will use the sentiment of Bob, I am not a union thug, Hawke. Any employer of Australians who sacks those Australians for celebrating that great day is a BUM. We have had a long road of abuse and tyranny and we must celebrate our emancipation. We will celebrate. A great nation will soon be unshackled. It is time for our great nation to stop following an evil monster and lead the world out of tyranny. We have the ability. We have the people. We have the opportunity. We have the support. It is now Australias day in the sun. VIVA AUSTRALIA.The Australian Cup Runneth Over Monday 10 June, 2013 - 9:09 PM
GaGa is not a real rocker. there not like Blondie and the pretenders . today they are choreographed performing seals to make money for their handlers.Barney Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:59 PM
I don't think her life's that boring that she needs to ring 3aw.Mark Monday 16 July, 2012 - 5:07 PM
It's deff not Gaga cause if it was, even drunk, she would have something amazing to say. She always has something interesting to say and it deff didn't sound like her.Sascha Monday 16 July, 2012 - 9:01 AM
Hey very interesting blog!trc Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 11:57 PM
My best guess is that this is a rly good impersonator with accent training... but i've noticed that Gaga's voice gets higher when she's drunk so this could very well be her.al12 Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 4:17 AM