- 'It's a thing of beauty'
- New research says salt has no impact on blood pressure
- Footy freak wins two fantasy competitions
- Shark attacked by chainsaw
- Ela Carte visits Valley Cellar Door
- Concrete house fetches $225k above reserve
- Footballer's damaged passport fail
- New bike rules under consideration
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on New bike rules under consideration This is a world gone mad,bikes can go through red lights! Whats next cars and pedestrians can also go through a red light as ... more
- Jonathan Gay. on New bike rules under consideration Cyclists should be able to ride on the same side of the road, at least in the country, that pedestrians should walk on, ie ... more
- Stephen on New bike rules under consideration Stupidity at its worst. So what happens when a car hits the bike running the Red. What happens when the bike cleans up a ... more
- jgl Melb on New bike rules under consideration This tosh is a classic example of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...Anyone would think there's an election in the wind. more
- David on New bike rules under consideration The only new bike rule that should be introduced is banning them from the road!! more
- John Karmouche on New bike rules under consideration Allowing motorcycles to share bicycles lanes is a common sense solution to what is a common practice. Where is the evidence ... more
- Willow on Bigger, but better? Maybe John should get the watch that gives the phases of the moon. On Monday he mentioned that there was a full moon on ... more
- Sam K on Flying footballer leads teams to victory Is that Dan Bilzerian? What a Boss! more
- Gazza on Flying footballer leads teams to victory Great story more
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
Did Lady Gaga call the 3AW openline?
Has Lady Gaga revealed her poker face on 3AW?
You be the judge!
We've uncovered some audio which we believe may be the pop superstar on the 3AW Talkback line.
The following call was taken by hosts Andrew McLaren and Mark Petkovic on the Overnighters program just before 2:00am on 4th July.
Speaking in a thick American accent, the caller identifies herself as "Stefani from Richmond" and asks about the weather before telling Andrew and Mark she was at Saturday night's Lady Gaga concert.
"It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to," Stefani tells Andrew and Mark.
"I was absolutely speechless, her shows, her performance, it was unbelievable.”
We think the vocal similarities are uncanny. But the coincidences don't stop there.
At the time the call was made, Lady Gaga was winding down in Melbourne having completed her string of five shows at Rod Laver Arena, with a party planned that night at the Northcote Social Club.
And to add to the mystery of the unusual call, Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
So perhaps the name 'Stefani' was not a pseudonym at all.
COMPARE: Lady Gaga on 'Ellen' last year:
90 per cent of respondents to 3AW Breakfast's 'Instant Poll' think it's her.
Tracy Grimshaw and 3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who spent an hour with Lady Gaga for an interview on A Current Affair last year, both agree they think it's the real deal.
"It's the sort of mischievous thing that she would do," Tracy Grimshaw said.
Peter Ford said he does think it's her, saying Gaga is an insomniac.
"These people do get lonely," he said.
"Very often...all her tour group go to bed, and she's there feeling very bored and wanting someone to chat to."
Peter said the often question mark left hanging was the fact she did not answer definitively to the number of costume changes in the show.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Andrew McLaren said he had no suspicions whatsoever that it could've been Lady Gaga.
"I didn't suspect it at all," he said.
"I just came to work last night and Mark, my offsider, said 'apparently we spoke to Lady Gaga last week.'"
Andrew floated the idea of cashing in on his newfound success by selling the button of the phone line on which 'Stephanie from Richmond' came through on.
"I wish the conversation had gone longer, because I had a couple of song suggestions for her next album," Andrew McLaren said.
IMAGE: A screen shot from Lady Gaga's hit song Telephone (YouTube)
LISTEN: Peter Ford gives his verdict on whether it's Lady Gaga:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think it's Lady Gaga?
Gillard has a political life expectancy of 10 days or less. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation from that abomination, that would be dictator and that traitor. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation like never before. I will use the sentiment of Bob, I am not a union thug, Hawke. Any employer of Australians who sacks those Australians for celebrating that great day is a BUM. We have had a long road of abuse and tyranny and we must celebrate our emancipation. We will celebrate. A great nation will soon be unshackled. It is time for our great nation to stop following an evil monster and lead the world out of tyranny. We have the ability. We have the people. We have the opportunity. We have the support. It is now Australias day in the sun. VIVA AUSTRALIA.The Australian Cup Runneth Over Monday 10 June, 2013 - 9:09 PM
GaGa is not a real rocker. there not like Blondie and the pretenders . today they are choreographed performing seals to make money for their handlers.Barney Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:59 PM
I don't think her life's that boring that she needs to ring 3aw.Mark Monday 16 July, 2012 - 5:07 PM
It's deff not Gaga cause if it was, even drunk, she would have something amazing to say. She always has something interesting to say and it deff didn't sound like her.Sascha Monday 16 July, 2012 - 9:01 AM
Hey very interesting blog!trc Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 11:57 PM
My best guess is that this is a rly good impersonator with accent training... but i've noticed that Gaga's voice gets higher when she's drunk so this could very well be her.al12 Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 4:17 AM