- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Seoul Seoul, food with soul: Tregan reviews for 3AW Breakfast
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Did Lady Gaga call the 3AW openline?
Has Lady Gaga revealed her poker face on 3AW?
You be the judge!
We've uncovered some audio which we believe may be the pop superstar on the 3AW Talkback line.
The following call was taken by hosts Andrew McLaren and Mark Petkovic on the Overnighters program just before 2:00am on 4th July.
Speaking in a thick American accent, the caller identifies herself as "Stefani from Richmond" and asks about the weather before telling Andrew and Mark she was at Saturday night's Lady Gaga concert.
"It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to," Stefani tells Andrew and Mark.
"I was absolutely speechless, her shows, her performance, it was unbelievable.”
We think the vocal similarities are uncanny. But the coincidences don't stop there.
At the time the call was made, Lady Gaga was winding down in Melbourne having completed her string of five shows at Rod Laver Arena, with a party planned that night at the Northcote Social Club.
And to add to the mystery of the unusual call, Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
So perhaps the name 'Stefani' was not a pseudonym at all.
COMPARE: Lady Gaga on 'Ellen' last year:
90 per cent of respondents to 3AW Breakfast's 'Instant Poll' think it's her.
Tracy Grimshaw and 3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who spent an hour with Lady Gaga for an interview on A Current Affair last year, both agree they think it's the real deal.
"It's the sort of mischievous thing that she would do," Tracy Grimshaw said.
Peter Ford said he does think it's her, saying Gaga is an insomniac.
"These people do get lonely," he said.
"Very often...all her tour group go to bed, and she's there feeling very bored and wanting someone to chat to."
Peter said the often question mark left hanging was the fact she did not answer definitively to the number of costume changes in the show.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Andrew McLaren said he had no suspicions whatsoever that it could've been Lady Gaga.
"I didn't suspect it at all," he said.
"I just came to work last night and Mark, my offsider, said 'apparently we spoke to Lady Gaga last week.'"
Andrew floated the idea of cashing in on his newfound success by selling the button of the phone line on which 'Stephanie from Richmond' came through on.
"I wish the conversation had gone longer, because I had a couple of song suggestions for her next album," Andrew McLaren said.
IMAGE: A screen shot from Lady Gaga's hit song Telephone (YouTube)
LISTEN: Peter Ford gives his verdict on whether it's Lady Gaga:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think it's Lady Gaga?
Gillard has a political life expectancy of 10 days or less. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation from that abomination, that would be dictator and that traitor. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation like never before. I will use the sentiment of Bob, I am not a union thug, Hawke. Any employer of Australians who sacks those Australians for celebrating that great day is a BUM. We have had a long road of abuse and tyranny and we must celebrate our emancipation. We will celebrate. A great nation will soon be unshackled. It is time for our great nation to stop following an evil monster and lead the world out of tyranny. We have the ability. We have the people. We have the opportunity. We have the support. It is now Australias day in the sun. VIVA AUSTRALIA.The Australian Cup Runneth Over Monday 10 June, 2013 - 9:09 PM
GaGa is not a real rocker. there not like Blondie and the pretenders . today they are choreographed performing seals to make money for their handlers.Barney Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:59 PM
I don't think her life's that boring that she needs to ring 3aw.Mark Monday 16 July, 2012 - 5:07 PM
It's deff not Gaga cause if it was, even drunk, she would have something amazing to say. She always has something interesting to say and it deff didn't sound like her.Sascha Monday 16 July, 2012 - 9:01 AM
Hey very interesting blog!trc Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 11:57 PM
My best guess is that this is a rly good impersonator with accent training... but i've noticed that Gaga's voice gets higher when she's drunk so this could very well be her.al12 Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 4:17 AM