- No flipping worries: Bill Kusznirczuk says on-selling tactic OK
- How can Shaw make his apology genuine?
- Stamps launched as closure announced
- Not only celebrities at risk
- Suspected joy-riders flee after tractor smash
- Moreland Councillor linked to Calabrian mafia
- Flying footballer leads teams to victory
- A new 'super square' by the Yarra
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL to review Multicultural Cup The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL to review Multicultural Cup Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL to review Multicultural Cup This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL to review Multicultural Cup So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL to review Multicultural Cup Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
- alison tuxworth on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White more
- Shawn on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... We're in Melbourne...Black is the new Black! more
- Sal J on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver 'cos if you miss washing it, it'll still look clean enough whereas black shows up dirt too easily more
- Kath on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver always looks clean more
- Heather on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White London Cabs is my choiceHowever, if they have to be Black withthe silver roof, or other black and silver combination ... more
- Clorinda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White, looks smart will look cleaner more
- Vic on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White for summer and visibility safety more
Did Lady Gaga call the 3AW openline?
Has Lady Gaga revealed her poker face on 3AW?
You be the judge!
We've uncovered some audio which we believe may be the pop superstar on the 3AW Talkback line.
The following call was taken by hosts Andrew McLaren and Mark Petkovic on the Overnighters program just before 2:00am on 4th July.
Speaking in a thick American accent, the caller identifies herself as "Stefani from Richmond" and asks about the weather before telling Andrew and Mark she was at Saturday night's Lady Gaga concert.
"It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to," Stefani tells Andrew and Mark.
"I was absolutely speechless, her shows, her performance, it was unbelievable.”
We think the vocal similarities are uncanny. But the coincidences don't stop there.
At the time the call was made, Lady Gaga was winding down in Melbourne having completed her string of five shows at Rod Laver Arena, with a party planned that night at the Northcote Social Club.
And to add to the mystery of the unusual call, Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
So perhaps the name 'Stefani' was not a pseudonym at all.
COMPARE: Lady Gaga on 'Ellen' last year:
90 per cent of respondents to 3AW Breakfast's 'Instant Poll' think it's her.
Tracy Grimshaw and 3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who spent an hour with Lady Gaga for an interview on A Current Affair last year, both agree they think it's the real deal.
"It's the sort of mischievous thing that she would do," Tracy Grimshaw said.
Peter Ford said he does think it's her, saying Gaga is an insomniac.
"These people do get lonely," he said.
"Very often...all her tour group go to bed, and she's there feeling very bored and wanting someone to chat to."
Peter said the often question mark left hanging was the fact she did not answer definitively to the number of costume changes in the show.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Andrew McLaren said he had no suspicions whatsoever that it could've been Lady Gaga.
"I didn't suspect it at all," he said.
"I just came to work last night and Mark, my offsider, said 'apparently we spoke to Lady Gaga last week.'"
Andrew floated the idea of cashing in on his newfound success by selling the button of the phone line on which 'Stephanie from Richmond' came through on.
"I wish the conversation had gone longer, because I had a couple of song suggestions for her next album," Andrew McLaren said.
IMAGE: A screen shot from Lady Gaga's hit song Telephone (YouTube)
LISTEN: Peter Ford gives his verdict on whether it's Lady Gaga:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think it's Lady Gaga?
Gillard has a political life expectancy of 10 days or less. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation from that abomination, that would be dictator and that traitor. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation like never before. I will use the sentiment of Bob, I am not a union thug, Hawke. Any employer of Australians who sacks those Australians for celebrating that great day is a BUM. We have had a long road of abuse and tyranny and we must celebrate our emancipation. We will celebrate. A great nation will soon be unshackled. It is time for our great nation to stop following an evil monster and lead the world out of tyranny. We have the ability. We have the people. We have the opportunity. We have the support. It is now Australias day in the sun. VIVA AUSTRALIA.The Australian Cup Runneth Over Monday 10 June, 2013 - 9:09 PM
GaGa is not a real rocker. there not like Blondie and the pretenders . today they are choreographed performing seals to make money for their handlers.Barney Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:59 PM
I don't think her life's that boring that she needs to ring 3aw.Mark Monday 16 July, 2012 - 5:07 PM
It's deff not Gaga cause if it was, even drunk, she would have something amazing to say. She always has something interesting to say and it deff didn't sound like her.Sascha Monday 16 July, 2012 - 9:01 AM
Hey very interesting blog!trc Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 11:57 PM
My best guess is that this is a rly good impersonator with accent training... but i've noticed that Gaga's voice gets higher when she's drunk so this could very well be her.al12 Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 4:17 AM