- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- New Royal Children's Hospital 'too small'
- Trucks explode in fiery collision
- Australian students falling behind global counterparts
- Rolling Stones add five concert dates to Australia tour
- TAC launches Safer P Platers campaign
- Upset Bieber fans want their money back
- Lollipop lady hit by car, denied compensation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lisa on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Hugh is gorgeous!!!! more
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
- Jed Maxwell on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travelled that area of Victoria for a few weeks last month. Many of the truck drivers apper to be complete nutters, ... more
- Tristan on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger with all due respect a I'm speaking for most truck drivers not all because there are some bad ones . Most car speedos ... more
Did Lady Gaga call the 3AW openline?
Has Lady Gaga revealed her poker face on 3AW?
You be the judge!
We've uncovered some audio which we believe may be the pop superstar on the 3AW Talkback line.
The following call was taken by hosts Andrew McLaren and Mark Petkovic on the Overnighters program just before 2:00am on 4th July.
Speaking in a thick American accent, the caller identifies herself as "Stefani from Richmond" and asks about the weather before telling Andrew and Mark she was at Saturday night's Lady Gaga concert.
"It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to," Stefani tells Andrew and Mark.
"I was absolutely speechless, her shows, her performance, it was unbelievable.”
We think the vocal similarities are uncanny. But the coincidences don't stop there.
At the time the call was made, Lady Gaga was winding down in Melbourne having completed her string of five shows at Rod Laver Arena, with a party planned that night at the Northcote Social Club.
And to add to the mystery of the unusual call, Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
So perhaps the name 'Stefani' was not a pseudonym at all.
COMPARE: Lady Gaga on 'Ellen' last year:
90 per cent of respondents to 3AW Breakfast's 'Instant Poll' think it's her.
Tracy Grimshaw and 3AW Entertainment reporter Peter Ford, who spent an hour with Lady Gaga for an interview on A Current Affair last year, both agree they think it's the real deal.
"It's the sort of mischievous thing that she would do," Tracy Grimshaw said.
Peter Ford said he does think it's her, saying Gaga is an insomniac.
"These people do get lonely," he said.
"Very often...all her tour group go to bed, and she's there feeling very bored and wanting someone to chat to."
Peter said the often question mark left hanging was the fact she did not answer definitively to the number of costume changes in the show.
Speaking with Neil Mitchell, Andrew McLaren said he had no suspicions whatsoever that it could've been Lady Gaga.
"I didn't suspect it at all," he said.
"I just came to work last night and Mark, my offsider, said 'apparently we spoke to Lady Gaga last week.'"
Andrew floated the idea of cashing in on his newfound success by selling the button of the phone line on which 'Stephanie from Richmond' came through on.
"I wish the conversation had gone longer, because I had a couple of song suggestions for her next album," Andrew McLaren said.
IMAGE: A screen shot from Lady Gaga's hit song Telephone (YouTube)
LISTEN: Peter Ford gives his verdict on whether it's Lady Gaga:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think it's Lady Gaga?
Gillard has a political life expectancy of 10 days or less. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation from that abomination, that would be dictator and that traitor. Australia and Australians will celebrate their emancipation like never before. I will use the sentiment of Bob, I am not a union thug, Hawke. Any employer of Australians who sacks those Australians for celebrating that great day is a BUM. We have had a long road of abuse and tyranny and we must celebrate our emancipation. We will celebrate. A great nation will soon be unshackled. It is time for our great nation to stop following an evil monster and lead the world out of tyranny. We have the ability. We have the people. We have the opportunity. We have the support. It is now Australias day in the sun. VIVA AUSTRALIA.The Australian Cup Runneth Over Monday 10 June, 2013 - 9:09 PM
GaGa is not a real rocker. there not like Blondie and the pretenders . today they are choreographed performing seals to make money for their handlers.Barney Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 5:59 PM
I don't think her life's that boring that she needs to ring 3aw.Mark Monday 16 July, 2012 - 5:07 PM
It's deff not Gaga cause if it was, even drunk, she would have something amazing to say. She always has something interesting to say and it deff didn't sound like her.Sascha Monday 16 July, 2012 - 9:01 AM
Hey very interesting blog!trc Sunday 15 July, 2012 - 11:57 PM
My best guess is that this is a rly good impersonator with accent training... but i've noticed that Gaga's voice gets higher when she's drunk so this could very well be her.al12 Saturday 14 July, 2012 - 4:17 AM