- Whitlam home to be demolished
- Ross and John at the Cox Plate Breakfast
- The Block's tick of approval
- 'Cage fighting is safer'
- Plucky pupil skirts punishment
- Dog attacks and kills pet in park
- Real tastes of a far-away place
- Search for Swiss stonemason's heirs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
- IBARKER on How to NOT define shirtfront Suffer Putin?? more
- EVGENII on How to NOT define shirtfront What do you know about Russia more
'Dumb ways to die' goes viral
A new Metro Trains transport safety advertisement has racked up an astounding 4.1 million views in just five days, educating public transport users on some of the many dumb ways people lose their lives.
The catchy tune 'Dumb ways to die', written by Creative director John Mescall and musically composed by Sydney Musician Ollie McGill, reached the top 10 chart of iTunes within 24 hours and by Sunday was ranked number six in the global iTunes chart.
The song's amusing lyrics include warnings about standing too close to the edge of station platforms and driving around boom gates at level crossings, but also chronicle more unusual ways to die like poking grizzly bears with sticks and using private parts as piranha bait.
Sally Webster, Lecturer Public Relations & Communication at Victoria University told Ross and John the video has absolutely dwarfed Pop singer Rhianna on iTunes sales.
"It's been the biggest Australian ad response in recent times," she said.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Mums and Dads are singing this song with their kids in the car on the way to school right now."
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Love this ad as it WILL get through to young kids as sounds like a nursery rhyme and littlies will learn the words and the tune is easy to sing to. So if this gets into the heads of youngies it will stay there forever.Gloria Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I am very doubtful about whether this will get the message through its lacking something the TAC ads didn't work and Sally its hardly appropriate for children to use it as a sing along.mandy Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 5:38 PM
Can they alter the lyrics and add in schoolies be careful near balconies.mandy Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:07 PM
Cute and catchy but the grizzly bear doesn't exist here!poptart Tuesday 20 November, 2012 - 7:30 PM
I congratulate Ollie and particularly the wordsmith involved in putting together this catchy song, which would appeal to the young risk-takers. The video is cute too. I pray the words come readily to mind when situations sung about confront them.Jo Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:06 PM
very well done ollie i love to think you have saved many lives with this rippa lil tune and i hope the knockers just take a big breath and think about the lil people who arnt here any more. on ya ollie.bushiepete Monday 19 November, 2012 - 9:53 AM