- Banning drugs 'doesn't work that well': Expert
- Vlahos link to fiery Connewarre incident
- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- New Royal Children's Hospital 'too small'
- Trucks explode in fiery collision
- Australian students falling behind global counterparts
- Rolling Stones add five concert dates to Australia tour
- TAC launches Safer P Platers campaign
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lisa on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Hugh is gorgeous!!!! more
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
- Jed Maxwell on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travelled that area of Victoria for a few weeks last month. Many of the truck drivers apper to be complete nutters, ... more
- Tristan on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger with all due respect a I'm speaking for most truck drivers not all because there are some bad ones . Most car speedos ... more
'Dumb ways to die' goes viral
A new Metro Trains transport safety advertisement has racked up an astounding 4.1 million views in just five days, educating public transport users on some of the many dumb ways people lose their lives.
The catchy tune 'Dumb ways to die', written by Creative director John Mescall and musically composed by Sydney Musician Ollie McGill, reached the top 10 chart of iTunes within 24 hours and by Sunday was ranked number six in the global iTunes chart.
The song's amusing lyrics include warnings about standing too close to the edge of station platforms and driving around boom gates at level crossings, but also chronicle more unusual ways to die like poking grizzly bears with sticks and using private parts as piranha bait.
Sally Webster, Lecturer Public Relations & Communication at Victoria University told Ross and John the video has absolutely dwarfed Pop singer Rhianna on iTunes sales.
"It's been the biggest Australian ad response in recent times," she said.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Mums and Dads are singing this song with their kids in the car on the way to school right now."
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Love this ad as it WILL get through to young kids as sounds like a nursery rhyme and littlies will learn the words and the tune is easy to sing to. So if this gets into the heads of youngies it will stay there forever.Gloria Tuesday 27 November, 2012 - 10:27 AM
I am very doubtful about whether this will get the message through its lacking something the TAC ads didn't work and Sally its hardly appropriate for children to use it as a sing along.mandy Sunday 25 November, 2012 - 5:38 PM
Can they alter the lyrics and add in schoolies be careful near balconies.mandy Friday 23 November, 2012 - 8:07 PM
Cute and catchy but the grizzly bear doesn't exist here!poptart Tuesday 20 November, 2012 - 7:30 PM
I congratulate Ollie and particularly the wordsmith involved in putting together this catchy song, which would appeal to the young risk-takers. The video is cute too. I pray the words come readily to mind when situations sung about confront them.Jo Monday 19 November, 2012 - 12:06 PM
very well done ollie i love to think you have saved many lives with this rippa lil tune and i hope the knockers just take a big breath and think about the lil people who arnt here any more. on ya ollie.bushiepete Monday 19 November, 2012 - 9:53 AM