- 'It's a thing of beauty'
- New research says salt has no impact on blood pressure
- Footy freak wins two fantasy competitions
- Shark attacked by chainsaw
- Ela Carte visits Valley Cellar Door
- Concrete house fetches $225k above reserve
- Footballer's damaged passport fail
- New bike rules under consideration
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on New bike rules under consideration This is a world gone mad,bikes can go through red lights! Whats next cars and pedestrians can also go through a red light as ... more
- Jonathan Gay. on New bike rules under consideration Cyclists should be able to ride on the same side of the road, at least in the country, that pedestrians should walk on, ie ... more
- Stephen on New bike rules under consideration Stupidity at its worst. So what happens when a car hits the bike running the Red. What happens when the bike cleans up a ... more
- jgl Melb on New bike rules under consideration This tosh is a classic example of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...Anyone would think there's an election in the wind. more
- David on New bike rules under consideration The only new bike rule that should be introduced is banning them from the road!! more
- John Karmouche on New bike rules under consideration Allowing motorcycles to share bicycles lanes is a common sense solution to what is a common practice. Where is the evidence ... more
- Willow on Bigger, but better? Maybe John should get the watch that gives the phases of the moon. On Monday he mentioned that there was a full moon on ... more
- Sam K on Flying footballer leads teams to victory Is that Dan Bilzerian? What a Boss! more
- Gazza on Flying footballer leads teams to victory Great story more
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
Ela Carte's 3AW Breakfast reviews
ABOVE: Ela Carte reviews for 3AW Breakfast every Friday at 8:15am.
REVIEW: This week, Ela Carte touted the various 'Locals Nights' put on by pubs and restaurants around Melbourne.
She visited the Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne which offers its entire bistro menu for $14.50 a meal on Monday and Tuesday nights, singling out the house-made gnocchi with Tuscan beef ragout.
The Albion Hotel - 146 Evans St Port Melbourne 9646 1991
Ross said to call in with your favourite local cafe/restaurant. I am putting forward Merchant Guild which is new to East Bentleigh. This place has absolutely top class dishes and coffee. Great service too.Carol Byrne Tuesday 13 August, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Ela, you are a spunk!CC Monday 27 February, 2012 - 5:29 PM
Help please! I have friends from interstate staying in Brighton this week, and they have asked me to organise lunch somewhere. I am thinking fresh and modern with a glass of wine, but not outrageous in price plse. I appreciate your suggestions.
PS Love your segment on Fridays.robin Sunday 26 February, 2012 - 9:51 AM
That was Claypots Evening Star at the Sth Melbourne Market ... You can see the review on the food page - www.3aw.com.au/food
ElaEla Carte Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:26 PM
What was the name of the restaurant playing French music you mentioned on the programme this morning?
Heather WalkerHeather Walker Friday 7 October, 2011 - 9:27 AM
I heard you speaking on 3aw about 3 months ago about a Greek restaurant in Oakleigh, it was upstairs near the Oakleigh market. Could you please tell me the name of the restaurant?
Thanks MaggieMaggie Tuesday 2 August, 2011 - 7:42 PM