- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- What are Victorians obsessed with?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Ela Carte's 3AW Breakfast reviews
ABOVE: Ela Carte reviews for 3AW Breakfast every Friday at 8:15am.
REVIEW: This week, Ela Carte touted the various 'Locals Nights' put on by pubs and restaurants around Melbourne.
She visited the Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne which offers its entire bistro menu for $14.50 a meal on Monday and Tuesday nights, singling out the house-made gnocchi with Tuscan beef ragout.
The Albion Hotel - 146 Evans St Port Melbourne 9646 1991
Ross said to call in with your favourite local cafe/restaurant. I am putting forward Merchant Guild which is new to East Bentleigh. This place has absolutely top class dishes and coffee. Great service too.Carol Byrne Tuesday 13 August, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Ela, you are a spunk!CC Monday 27 February, 2012 - 5:29 PM
Help please! I have friends from interstate staying in Brighton this week, and they have asked me to organise lunch somewhere. I am thinking fresh and modern with a glass of wine, but not outrageous in price plse. I appreciate your suggestions.
PS Love your segment on Fridays.robin Sunday 26 February, 2012 - 9:51 AM
That was Claypots Evening Star at the Sth Melbourne Market ... You can see the review on the food page - www.3aw.com.au/food
ElaEla Carte Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:26 PM
What was the name of the restaurant playing French music you mentioned on the programme this morning?
Heather WalkerHeather Walker Friday 7 October, 2011 - 9:27 AM
I heard you speaking on 3aw about 3 months ago about a Greek restaurant in Oakleigh, it was upstairs near the Oakleigh market. Could you please tell me the name of the restaurant?
Thanks MaggieMaggie Tuesday 2 August, 2011 - 7:42 PM