- Ross and John get cheesy
- How to make Melbourne better
- The thief who didn't know when to quit
- Too many raiders? That's ridiculous
- Suits, spreads and shooters
- The price of getting drunk at the races
- A changing society
- Sydney baffled over missing girl
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Hendrik on How to make Melbourne better Melbourne really needs higher density living. The reason why the housing and public transport situation is so bad is exactly ... more
- Milton on How to make Melbourne better Brent:That may be why Vancouver is runner-up? more
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
Ela Carte's 3AW Breakfast reviews
ABOVE: Ela Carte reviews for 3AW Breakfast every Friday at 8:15am.
REVIEW: This week, Ela Carte touted the various 'Locals Nights' put on by pubs and restaurants around Melbourne.
She visited the Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne which offers its entire bistro menu for $14.50 a meal on Monday and Tuesday nights, singling out the house-made gnocchi with Tuscan beef ragout.
The Albion Hotel - 146 Evans St Port Melbourne 9646 1991
Ross said to call in with your favourite local cafe/restaurant. I am putting forward Merchant Guild which is new to East Bentleigh. This place has absolutely top class dishes and coffee. Great service too.Carol Byrne Tuesday 13 August, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Ela, you are a spunk!CC Monday 27 February, 2012 - 5:29 PM
Help please! I have friends from interstate staying in Brighton this week, and they have asked me to organise lunch somewhere. I am thinking fresh and modern with a glass of wine, but not outrageous in price plse. I appreciate your suggestions.
PS Love your segment on Fridays.robin Sunday 26 February, 2012 - 9:51 AM
That was Claypots Evening Star at the Sth Melbourne Market ... You can see the review on the food page - www.3aw.com.au/food
ElaEla Carte Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:26 PM
What was the name of the restaurant playing French music you mentioned on the programme this morning?
Heather WalkerHeather Walker Friday 7 October, 2011 - 9:27 AM
I heard you speaking on 3aw about 3 months ago about a Greek restaurant in Oakleigh, it was upstairs near the Oakleigh market. Could you please tell me the name of the restaurant?
Thanks MaggieMaggie Tuesday 2 August, 2011 - 7:42 PM