- On board with a dauntless drone
- 3D scanners to suit up gents
- Ela tastes Indian at Babu Ji
- Reporter recalls 'believable' Bill Vlahos
- Possums pinned in doomed trees
- Wearable kidneys offer hope
- Keka finally makes team photo
- 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi drivers
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Possums pinned in doomed trees The way humans treat animals and do these types of things makes me utterly sick. more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... I think Mr Samuels needs to drive a taxi for a few weeks to get a better understanding of what really happens and how things ... more
- Mandi on Teens too hungover for school My niece told me one of her casual work acquaintances couldn't attend her 5 hr shift unless she could keep a vomit bag ... more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... Here is an idea for you Graeme Samuels, How about you go drive a taxi for a week and really see what happens in the real ... more
- Gerry on Both parties plan to offload port If the Labor party didn't waste BILLONS on the desal plant and all other crackpot Labor and Green policies, we would have ... more
- Stephen Pitney on After the AFL Wall falls International development of Australian football is essential to make the game relevant and sustainable. Just like every ... more
- Bee on After the AFL Wall falls Bring back black and white rules (nothing to do with Collingwood) there are too many open to interpretation even the players ... more
- Craig on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee It's a disgrace. An outrage. And numbers will be up this year and all the sheep will pay, and pay and pay. Thank God i gave ... more
- mylene on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee Concert goers have had to put up with this for years. The Melbourne Recital Centre also asks for a 'donation' when you book. more
- Christine on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee How is this allowed to happen? It's day light robbery and unethical business practice. more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Heavy prisoners' blame Bayley for ... so who really cares..... more
- r on Study shows mammograms useless The mammogram did not pick up the cancer that my mum had but the ultrasound did so they are not 100% please be aware of that. more
- Rosemary on Study shows mammograms useless at 43 I found a lump in my breast. Surgeon sent me for mammo & ultrasound. Mammo found nothing, ultrasound found 2 cancerous ... more
- Jill on Study shows mammograms useless Tough titty's to the 25 year old study....I WILL STILL BE HAVING MY REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FOR THE SAKE OF NOT ONLY MY OWN ... more
- Jackie on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... I rarely use Myki as I live in country Vic but I know that the green one, gives you the message, saying that you've touched ... more
- Sharon Williams on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... Seriously? I hope the fine was withdrawn, beaurocracy gone mad. more
- Dave gelbart on Shopper chases down runaway racehorse Question for john..Was I in the right place at the wrong time?Dave gelbart more
- Gloria on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers Although had seen it before I watched 'School of Rock' on Eleven as don't much like 'Rake' and was never going to watch ... more
- Lynne List on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers I wanted to watch both Schapelle and INXS but INXS won only because I'm a huge fan and I was peeved off 9 moved it. With ... more
- Robstar on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers It's kind of ironic how Underbelly:INXS showed the band "accidentally" bringing drugs into a country, being forced to scoff ... more
Ela Carte's 3AW Breakfast reviews
ABOVE: Ela Carte reviews for 3AW Breakfast every Friday at 8:15am.
REVIEW: This week, Ela Carte touted the various 'Locals Nights' put on by pubs and restaurants around Melbourne.
She visited the Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne which offers its entire bistro menu for $14.50 a meal on Monday and Tuesday nights, singling out the house-made gnocchi with Tuscan beef ragout.
The Albion Hotel - 146 Evans St Port Melbourne 9646 1991
Ross said to call in with your favourite local cafe/restaurant. I am putting forward Merchant Guild which is new to East Bentleigh. This place has absolutely top class dishes and coffee. Great service too.Carol Byrne Tuesday 13 August, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Ela, you are a spunk!CC Monday 27 February, 2012 - 5:29 PM
Help please! I have friends from interstate staying in Brighton this week, and they have asked me to organise lunch somewhere. I am thinking fresh and modern with a glass of wine, but not outrageous in price plse. I appreciate your suggestions.
PS Love your segment on Fridays.robin Sunday 26 February, 2012 - 9:51 AM
That was Claypots Evening Star at the Sth Melbourne Market ... You can see the review on the food page - www.3aw.com.au/food
ElaEla Carte Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:26 PM
What was the name of the restaurant playing French music you mentioned on the programme this morning?
Heather WalkerHeather Walker Friday 7 October, 2011 - 9:27 AM
I heard you speaking on 3aw about 3 months ago about a Greek restaurant in Oakleigh, it was upstairs near the Oakleigh market. Could you please tell me the name of the restaurant?
Thanks MaggieMaggie Tuesday 2 August, 2011 - 7:42 PM