- Ross and John at the Robert Burns Hotel
- Fad to famish: Australia running out of kale
- 'Rational people' will still fly with Malaysia
- Hird's back and raring to go
- $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy Laver
- Retired couple take on graffiti
- Anna Meares announced Comm Games flag-bearer
- Reports man hit junior footballer
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
- tracy on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Bet a lot of the people complaining have not signed the sex offender register. Easier to whinge and whine about Sam Newman ... more
- Fran Barclay on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Have you considered they may have been being towed on a low loader trailer like they use in the movies ? The camera work ... more
- darrin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... yes another example of the Victoria police doing there job looking at video's from a tv program while people get killed ... more
- LIVE Solutions on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Here's an intelligent pair???? more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... as i always say, no footballer or ex footballer has ever been charged by the police.these pampered buggers are protected ... more
Ela Carte's 3AW Breakfast reviews
ABOVE: Ela Carte reviews for 3AW Breakfast every Friday at 8:15am.
REVIEW: This week, Ela Carte touted the various 'Locals Nights' put on by pubs and restaurants around Melbourne.
She visited the Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne which offers its entire bistro menu for $14.50 a meal on Monday and Tuesday nights, singling out the house-made gnocchi with Tuscan beef ragout.
The Albion Hotel - 146 Evans St Port Melbourne 9646 1991
Ross said to call in with your favourite local cafe/restaurant. I am putting forward Merchant Guild which is new to East Bentleigh. This place has absolutely top class dishes and coffee. Great service too.Carol Byrne Tuesday 13 August, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Ela, you are a spunk!CC Monday 27 February, 2012 - 5:29 PM
Help please! I have friends from interstate staying in Brighton this week, and they have asked me to organise lunch somewhere. I am thinking fresh and modern with a glass of wine, but not outrageous in price plse. I appreciate your suggestions.
PS Love your segment on Fridays.robin Sunday 26 February, 2012 - 9:51 AM
That was Claypots Evening Star at the Sth Melbourne Market ... You can see the review on the food page - www.3aw.com.au/food
ElaEla Carte Thursday 13 October, 2011 - 6:26 PM
What was the name of the restaurant playing French music you mentioned on the programme this morning?
Heather WalkerHeather Walker Friday 7 October, 2011 - 9:27 AM
I heard you speaking on 3aw about 3 months ago about a Greek restaurant in Oakleigh, it was upstairs near the Oakleigh market. Could you please tell me the name of the restaurant?
Thanks MaggieMaggie Tuesday 2 August, 2011 - 7:42 PM