- New research says salt has no impact on blood pressure
- Footy freak wins two fantasy competitions
- Shark attacked by chainsaw
- Ela Carte visits Valley Cellar Door
- Concrete house fetches $225k above reserve
- Footballer's damaged passport fail
- New bike rules under consideration
- Watch: 3D printer wows Ross and John
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on New bike rules under consideration This is a world gone mad,bikes can go through red lights! Whats next cars and pedestrians can also go through a red light as ... more
- Jonathan Gay. on New bike rules under consideration Cyclists should be able to ride on the same side of the road, at least in the country, that pedestrians should walk on, ie ... more
- Stephen on New bike rules under consideration Stupidity at its worst. So what happens when a car hits the bike running the Red. What happens when the bike cleans up a ... more
- jgl Melb on New bike rules under consideration This tosh is a classic example of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...Anyone would think there's an election in the wind. more
- David on New bike rules under consideration The only new bike rule that should be introduced is banning them from the road!! more
- John Karmouche on New bike rules under consideration Allowing motorcycles to share bicycles lanes is a common sense solution to what is a common practice. Where is the evidence ... more
- Willow on Bigger, but better? Maybe John should get the watch that gives the phases of the moon. On Monday he mentioned that there was a full moon on ... more
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
This image was taken in 1993 and features Her Majesty firing a gun at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley, England.
PHOTO: Sport-loving Australians expressed their disappointment this afternoon after a photograph of Olympian swimmers Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk posing with pistols and shotguns surfaced. Sport commentator Jim Wilson is furious.
The gun toting swimmers debacle is like stopping them driving because there are accidents..........Her Maj is the chief of the defence force and was in the air force so i'd be suprised if she didnt shoot something.Barney Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 7:28 PM
We had all this crap over the swimmers photo. Today in the HeraldSun on page 3 we have shooting representatives aiming their pistols at cameras presumably with a cameraman holding it. The first thing you are taught with gun safety is that you treat your gun as if it is loaded. These representatives have done far worse than the swimmers did in my viewIan Montgomery Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 2:26 PM
What the Hell's wrong with that. "Liz" is authorised and entitled to operate, or allow to be in charge of, any firearm she wants. At a rough guess, I'd say she didn't enjoy this particular experience.David T. Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 6:42 PM
An total over reaction. D'Arcy's previous court case aside, what has happened to the Aussie humor and our iconic larrikinism. Isn't this what the photo is portraying? So its "dumb and dumber"! Get over it!Lynne Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 11:49 AM
Irrelevant pic to this stupid debate.
QE2 is Colonel-in-Chief to umpteen army battalions and regiments so it stands to reason that she would be seen in priximity to military firearms.
Amongst other events at Bisley, there is the Queen's Shooting Prize.Jake Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 3:54 AM
Should we hate on the Queen and all of the Princes too???
Ohhh they have all fired and have photos with guns.
Oh that's right, I am no longer in primary school and refuse to bully someone over a picture!Allison Saturday 9 June, 2012 - 1:03 AM