- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- What are Victorians obsessed with?
- Ian Thorpe in intensive care
- Rumour File: Anzac Day clash shake-up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
This image was taken in 1993 and features Her Majesty firing a gun at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley, England.
PHOTO: Sport-loving Australians expressed their disappointment this afternoon after a photograph of Olympian swimmers Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk posing with pistols and shotguns surfaced. Sport commentator Jim Wilson is furious.
The gun toting swimmers debacle is like stopping them driving because there are accidents..........Her Maj is the chief of the defence force and was in the air force so i'd be suprised if she didnt shoot something.Barney Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 7:28 PM
We had all this crap over the swimmers photo. Today in the HeraldSun on page 3 we have shooting representatives aiming their pistols at cameras presumably with a cameraman holding it. The first thing you are taught with gun safety is that you treat your gun as if it is loaded. These representatives have done far worse than the swimmers did in my viewIan Montgomery Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 2:26 PM
What the Hell's wrong with that. "Liz" is authorised and entitled to operate, or allow to be in charge of, any firearm she wants. At a rough guess, I'd say she didn't enjoy this particular experience.David T. Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 6:42 PM
An total over reaction. D'Arcy's previous court case aside, what has happened to the Aussie humor and our iconic larrikinism. Isn't this what the photo is portraying? So its "dumb and dumber"! Get over it!Lynne Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 11:49 AM
Irrelevant pic to this stupid debate.
QE2 is Colonel-in-Chief to umpteen army battalions and regiments so it stands to reason that she would be seen in priximity to military firearms.
Amongst other events at Bisley, there is the Queen's Shooting Prize.Jake Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 3:54 AM
Should we hate on the Queen and all of the Princes too???
Ohhh they have all fired and have photos with guns.
Oh that's right, I am no longer in primary school and refuse to bully someone over a picture!Allison Saturday 9 June, 2012 - 1:03 AM