- AFL's plan to win back footy fans
- Concerns over spread of Ebola virus
- Vinnies receives generous package
- Athletics coach given his marching orders
- Sly of the Underworld meets his match!
- Bags of Rock join 3AW Breakfast in Glasgow
- Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD
- Piggery Cafe at Burnham Beeches
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Christine on AFL's plan to win back footy fans You killed the golden goose. Yes, Victorian's love their footy, but there's a limit to what we will put up with, no matter ... more
- Nick on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD First ban smoking in the CBD, then ban headphones in the CBD, soon start banning people coming into the CBD. more
- Jed Maxwell on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD I certainly won't be 'unplugging' my headphones in the CBD. Walking around with headphones on means I don't have to listen ... more
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
This image was taken in 1993 and features Her Majesty firing a gun at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley, England.
PHOTO: Sport-loving Australians expressed their disappointment this afternoon after a photograph of Olympian swimmers Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk posing with pistols and shotguns surfaced. Sport commentator Jim Wilson is furious.
The gun toting swimmers debacle is like stopping them driving because there are accidents..........Her Maj is the chief of the defence force and was in the air force so i'd be suprised if she didnt shoot something.Barney Wednesday 25 July, 2012 - 7:28 PM
We had all this crap over the swimmers photo. Today in the HeraldSun on page 3 we have shooting representatives aiming their pistols at cameras presumably with a cameraman holding it. The first thing you are taught with gun safety is that you treat your gun as if it is loaded. These representatives have done far worse than the swimmers did in my viewIan Montgomery Tuesday 19 June, 2012 - 2:26 PM
What the Hell's wrong with that. "Liz" is authorised and entitled to operate, or allow to be in charge of, any firearm she wants. At a rough guess, I'd say she didn't enjoy this particular experience.David T. Wednesday 13 June, 2012 - 6:42 PM
An total over reaction. D'Arcy's previous court case aside, what has happened to the Aussie humor and our iconic larrikinism. Isn't this what the photo is portraying? So its "dumb and dumber"! Get over it!Lynne Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 11:49 AM
Irrelevant pic to this stupid debate.
QE2 is Colonel-in-Chief to umpteen army battalions and regiments so it stands to reason that she would be seen in priximity to military firearms.
Amongst other events at Bisley, there is the Queen's Shooting Prize.Jake Sunday 10 June, 2012 - 3:54 AM
Should we hate on the Queen and all of the Princes too???
Ohhh they have all fired and have photos with guns.
Oh that's right, I am no longer in primary school and refuse to bully someone over a picture!Allison Saturday 9 June, 2012 - 1:03 AM