- Footy freak wins two fantasy competitions
- Shark attacked by chainsaw
- Ela Carte visits Valley Cellar Door
- Concrete house fetches $225k above reserve
- Footballer's damaged passport fail
- New bike rules under consideration
- Watch: 3D printer wows Ross and John
- East-West Link battle lines drawn
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on New bike rules under consideration This is a world gone mad,bikes can go through red lights! Whats next cars and pedestrians can also go through a red light as ... more
- Jonathan Gay. on New bike rules under consideration Cyclists should be able to ride on the same side of the road, at least in the country, that pedestrians should walk on, ie ... more
- Stephen on New bike rules under consideration Stupidity at its worst. So what happens when a car hits the bike running the Red. What happens when the bike cleans up a ... more
- jgl Melb on New bike rules under consideration This tosh is a classic example of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...Anyone would think there's an election in the wind. more
- David on New bike rules under consideration The only new bike rule that should be introduced is banning them from the road!! more
- John Karmouche on New bike rules under consideration Allowing motorcycles to share bicycles lanes is a common sense solution to what is a common practice. Where is the evidence ... more
- Willow on Bigger, but better? Maybe John should get the watch that gives the phases of the moon. On Monday he mentioned that there was a full moon on ... more
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
Happy Chinese New Year, Mr Ling
A constituent of Simon Crean’s electorate in Melbourne’s south-east with an Asiatic-sounding surname has told the rumour file his local member sent him a card to welcome in the Chinese New Year.
Rumour file caller ‘Happy New Year’ told Ross and John the card he received seemed to have been sent his way due to his surname being ‘Ling’.
"But (I have) absolutely no Asian heritage whatsoever," Happy New Year said.
A spokesperson from Simon Crean’s office confirm Happy Chinese New Year cards were sent out to constituents in the electorate of Hotham. The spokesperson told 3AW Breakfast they would now look into exactly whom they were sent to.
LISTEN: 'Happy New Year' on the Rumour File:
Egg on face for old leftie vote seeking Simon>..Steve Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:39 AM
LOOKED AT THE ROLL ONLY FOR A CHANCE TO GET A VOTE.IT WILL NOT WORK "SIMPLE SIMON".IAN Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 11:59 AM
Wonder if Geelongs' Cameron Ling got a Chinese New Year greeting from his local member.GIW Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 11:35 AM
Simon 'Senile' Crean - your typical Labor non-thinker - hasn't a clue about anything.
A supporter of Gillard's mayhem is old Crean. In typical Labor fashion - supports the destruction of Australia's economy and well-being of its people.
What a DISGRACE!!!Gerard Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 11:18 AM