- Organ donation up by 100 per cent
- Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo worker
- Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being first ever top women's AFL draft pick
- Rumour File: Defence force confirms Australian Army base incident
- Top cop not just a pretty face in a dodgy toilet
- Rumour File: Ramping issue caused paramedics 28 minutes to reach fitting baby
- Beware of the jury duty fine letter scam
- Standing equals exercise
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- No Thanks on 'Cats fighting over a rancid sandwich' She's no big deal. I'm quite she there are plenty of others who could take her place. more
- Ken of Euroa on Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo ... Wow what a story....zoo worker scratched on the finger by sharp thing! Hold the presses this is bigger than Watergate! more
- Andrew on Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being ... Poor Daisy - What chance does she have? Another first round selection by Melbourne!!!!!!! more
- Susan on Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being ... We have women's football, women's netball, women's cricket...all thriving sports for women, yet none can't get a interview ... more
- David R on Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo ... This is news.. you will be reporting paper cuts soon!! more
- mylene on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... Dog owners are the smokers of the 21st Century. :) more
- Ivan@kinnane on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced Ella was 13 when she first fronted Killing Heidi. She used to wear some provocative outfits! So interesting comments from ... more
- Ross on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Agree Peninsula Ambo.Paramedics are constantly called out to attend patients who are better off seeking a GP's opinion or ... more
- Peninsula Ambo on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Ramping I believe is NOT the issue here, and with all other cases in the media. The problem solely lies in the call taking ... more
- Peggy on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... The ONLY was to stop this is to punish the stupid, irrisponsible owners.You can't blame a gun for killing someone. It's the ... more
- David R on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Shouldn't you be asking the Hospital staff and management why they refuse to accept patients. more
- Jake on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced BS. more
- Peter on Restaurant owners want penalty rates ... Hospitality industry workers along with retail industry workers are among the lower paid workers in this country and to ... more
- mylene on Victoria Police unable to share ... What a load of rubbish. The Premier of Victoria is also the racing minister and if he found out there was any criminals ... more
- John on Mass retail exodus in Bridge Road The new tram stops on Bridge Road west have taken dozens of parking spaces and helped to make the place look like an ... more
- bruce on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... Some facts on Pitbulls. American Pitbull Terriers constitute the majority of dogs used for illegal dog fighting in the ... more
- mylene on Mass retail exodus in Bridge Road It's a lot easier to build apartments over an existing shop and it's even easier is that shop is unoccupied. There. The ... more
- janetp on Victoria Police unable to share ... Who benefits from the Fed Legislation, the Politicians,to many crooks in power. more
- janetp on Restaurant owners want penalty rates ... Restaurants, cafe's, coffee shops, takeaway food, any thing to do with food are charged an additional $700 a year. No other ... more
- janetp on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced Get real, if u wear short short's to attract attention u get what u deserve, the complaint should be,they wreaked my ear ... more
Happy Chinese New Year, Mr Ling
A constituent of Simon Crean’s electorate in Melbourne’s south-east with an Asiatic-sounding surname has told the rumour file his local member sent him a card to welcome in the Chinese New Year.
Rumour file caller ‘Happy New Year’ told Ross and John the card he received seemed to have been sent his way due to his surname being ‘Ling’.
"But (I have) absolutely no Asian heritage whatsoever," Happy New Year said.
A spokesperson from Simon Crean’s office confirm Happy Chinese New Year cards were sent out to constituents in the electorate of Hotham. The spokesperson told 3AW Breakfast they would now look into exactly whom they were sent to.
LISTEN: 'Happy New Year' on the Rumour File:
Egg on face for old leftie vote seeking Simon>..Steve Friday 1 February, 2013 - 10:39 AM
LOOKED AT THE ROLL ONLY FOR A CHANCE TO GET A VOTE.IT WILL NOT WORK "SIMPLE SIMON".IAN Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 11:59 AM
Wonder if Geelongs' Cameron Ling got a Chinese New Year greeting from his local member.GIW Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 11:35 AM
Simon 'Senile' Crean - your typical Labor non-thinker - hasn't a clue about anything.
A supporter of Gillard's mayhem is old Crean. In typical Labor fashion - supports the destruction of Australia's economy and well-being of its people.
What a DISGRACE!!!Gerard Thursday 31 January, 2013 - 11:18 AM