- Don't count on your inheritance
- ISIS: 'We get hate mail, the trolls are out'
- Whitlam home to be demolished
- Ross and John at the Cox Plate Breakfast
- The Block's tick of approval
- 'Cage fighting is safer'
- Plucky pupil skirts punishment
- Dog attacks and kills pet in park
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
- IBARKER on How to NOT define shirtfront Suffer Putin?? more
- EVGENII on How to NOT define shirtfront What do you know about Russia more
Lysterfield boy's heart-warming Halloween gesture
To the chagrin of many the Halloween juggernaut has been slowly but surely seeping into the hearts, minds and lolly-filled-hands of many Aussie children.
But regardless of those thoughts on the American holiday we couldn’t help but be touched and chuffed by Lysterfield resident Ray Hewitt’s most recent ‘trick or treating’ experience.
On Halloween last year Ray had his letter box knocked over and part of his garden trashed by a group of disgruntled teenagers when he refused to acknowledge their confectionary demands.
It was with that unfortunate occurrence in mind that Ray decided to get on the front foot to prevent any similar 'trick-or-treating' retribution.
"My wife was diagnosed with cancer five months ago and I put a note up to say: 'Please do not knock. Lady owner. Very ill with cancer',”
"It seemed to work until a group of three boys came up to the door, stood about five or six meters back from the note, two of them ran off and one stayed there,” Ray told Ross and John.
The lone doorknocker, whom Ray guessed to be aged between 10 to 12, then moved toward the house where Ray lost sight of him.
"I opened the door after he'd had gone and there on the mat was a Fantale lolly," he said.
"I'd love to meet him and shake his hand."
If you know the trick-or-treater who was responsible for the Fantale on Ray's doorstep we'd love to get in contact! Email email@example.com.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.