- New research says salt has no impact on blood pressure
- Footy freak wins two fantasy competitions
- Shark attacked by chainsaw
- Ela Carte visits Valley Cellar Door
- Concrete house fetches $225k above reserve
- Footballer's damaged passport fail
- New bike rules under consideration
- Watch: 3D printer wows Ross and John
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Colin Lacivita on New bike rules under consideration This is a world gone mad,bikes can go through red lights! Whats next cars and pedestrians can also go through a red light as ... more
- Jonathan Gay. on New bike rules under consideration Cyclists should be able to ride on the same side of the road, at least in the country, that pedestrians should walk on, ie ... more
- Stephen on New bike rules under consideration Stupidity at its worst. So what happens when a car hits the bike running the Red. What happens when the bike cleans up a ... more
- jgl Melb on New bike rules under consideration This tosh is a classic example of the squeaky wheel getting the oil...Anyone would think there's an election in the wind. more
- David on New bike rules under consideration The only new bike rule that should be introduced is banning them from the road!! more
- John Karmouche on New bike rules under consideration Allowing motorcycles to share bicycles lanes is a common sense solution to what is a common practice. Where is the evidence ... more
- Willow on Bigger, but better? Maybe John should get the watch that gives the phases of the moon. On Monday he mentioned that there was a full moon on ... more
- Dale on A new 'super square' by the Yarra Another Election promise. more
- Andrew on A new 'super square' by the Yarra As far as spending government money on Melbourne eyesores, the rail lines behind Federation Square largely hidden from view ... more
- Lesley Durham on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL changes Multicultural Cup rules Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
Molly Meldrum's 'off-the-record' conversation with Elton John
Molly Meldrum is involved in editorial controversy over comments made by Elton John concerning Madonna which aired on Channel 7's Sunday Night program last night.
IMAGE: Molly Meldrum interview Elton John on Sunday Night (Source: Channel 7)
In the Sunday night interview, Elton described Madonna as a "f---ing fairground stripper" whose career was over.
"Why is she such a nightmare? Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c---," Elton John said.
3AW's entertainment reporter Peter Ford told Ross and John he had been contacted by Elton John's publicity team, first saying the claims made by Molly Meldrum were rubbish.
Pete Ford said after telling Elton John's representative that the claims had aired on television, he was told that the conversation was allegedly 'off-the-record'.
"Elton's been around long enough to know that if there's a camera there and someone's standing behind it with a red light on... It's still being recorded," Peter Ford told 3AW Breakfast.
Speaking with 3AW Breakfast, Molly Meldrum said he was taken aback by Elton John's comments attacking Madonna.
"I love Elton, but when he launched into Madonna I slightly went into shock because Madonna also is a friend of mine," Molly Meldrum told Ross and John. "But I have to say that she has been very naughty of late."
Peter Ford said Molly Meldrum had a good enough relationship with Elton John to not do the wrong thing by him.
"Unless you actually specify it's off the record, then everything is up for grabs," he said.
Peter Ford said he had been asked to give Molly Meldrum's phone number to Elton's publicity team, as Elton was demanding he speak with him, but he respectfully declined.
LISTEN: Molly Meldrum and Peter Ford speak with 3AW Breakfast:
Ian Meldrum what a tool its a pity he didnt live in a 3 story home .. What is his claim to fame ..did he ever have a real job i dont think so maybe it was being at the right place at the right time .. The saints should dump this hammer , screwdriver , pliers . he is such a tool AND whats with the stupid hat ..Gino Tommasi Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:50 PM
Elton, you are my favorite artist ever but you are now damaging your own brand, hang up your microphone.Philip Monday 10 September, 2012 - 9:50 AM
I think Elton has no success, and Madonna is !!!!!!!
So Elton, leave the show for the Queen !!!
Thank you old fat guy !!!!!!!Paulo Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 9:14 PM
elton otsells madonna anytime . she is most overrated artist ever!simon Saturday 11 August, 2012 - 5:59 AM
Sorry seems to be the hardest word!A.Milbourne Wednesday 8 August, 2012 - 7:15 PM
madonna should have given the game away years agorod fallon Wednesday 8 August, 2012 - 1:56 PM