- Traders torn on Brunswick St car ban plan
- 2014 Pancake Parlour challenge: Ross and John become cabbies
- 3AW caller prevents car-train smash
- Cushla's marquee day
- Ross and John get cheesy
- How to make Melbourne better
- The thief who didn't know when to quit
- Too many raiders? That's ridiculous
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kate on Traders torn on Brunswick St car ban ... So stop cars travelling down Brunswick Street. Trade will be cut and the surrounding streets inundated. They are cutting ... more
- Sue on Cushla's marquee day Cushla, you are a deadset legend. more
- Alexis Michael on 3AW caller prevents car-train smash Wondering if the burnt out Peugeot in Diggers Rest has some connection to the abandoned 4WD on the Geelong train line at ... more
- Hendrik on How to make Melbourne better Melbourne really needs higher density living. The reason why the housing and public transport situation is so bad is exactly ... more
- Milton on How to make Melbourne better Brent:That may be why Vancouver is runner-up? more
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
Molly Meldrum's 'off-the-record' conversation with Elton John
Molly Meldrum is involved in editorial controversy over comments made by Elton John concerning Madonna which aired on Channel 7's Sunday Night program last night.
IMAGE: Molly Meldrum interview Elton John on Sunday Night (Source: Channel 7)
In the Sunday night interview, Elton described Madonna as a "f---ing fairground stripper" whose career was over.
"Why is she such a nightmare? Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c---," Elton John said.
3AW's entertainment reporter Peter Ford told Ross and John he had been contacted by Elton John's publicity team, first saying the claims made by Molly Meldrum were rubbish.
Pete Ford said after telling Elton John's representative that the claims had aired on television, he was told that the conversation was allegedly 'off-the-record'.
"Elton's been around long enough to know that if there's a camera there and someone's standing behind it with a red light on... It's still being recorded," Peter Ford told 3AW Breakfast.
Speaking with 3AW Breakfast, Molly Meldrum said he was taken aback by Elton John's comments attacking Madonna.
"I love Elton, but when he launched into Madonna I slightly went into shock because Madonna also is a friend of mine," Molly Meldrum told Ross and John. "But I have to say that she has been very naughty of late."
Peter Ford said Molly Meldrum had a good enough relationship with Elton John to not do the wrong thing by him.
"Unless you actually specify it's off the record, then everything is up for grabs," he said.
Peter Ford said he had been asked to give Molly Meldrum's phone number to Elton's publicity team, as Elton was demanding he speak with him, but he respectfully declined.
LISTEN: Molly Meldrum and Peter Ford speak with 3AW Breakfast:
Ian Meldrum what a tool its a pity he didnt live in a 3 story home .. What is his claim to fame ..did he ever have a real job i dont think so maybe it was being at the right place at the right time .. The saints should dump this hammer , screwdriver , pliers . he is such a tool AND whats with the stupid hat ..Gino Tommasi Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:50 PM
Elton, you are my favorite artist ever but you are now damaging your own brand, hang up your microphone.Philip Monday 10 September, 2012 - 9:50 AM
I think Elton has no success, and Madonna is !!!!!!!
So Elton, leave the show for the Queen !!!
Thank you old fat guy !!!!!!!Paulo Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 9:14 PM
elton otsells madonna anytime . she is most overrated artist ever!simon Saturday 11 August, 2012 - 5:59 AM
Sorry seems to be the hardest word!A.Milbourne Wednesday 8 August, 2012 - 7:15 PM
madonna should have given the game away years agorod fallon Wednesday 8 August, 2012 - 1:56 PM