- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Swans, Eagles, Markhors and Bingtang mark Anzac Day in Asia
- Killer crossing: Lollipop lady's near-miss
- Police investigate Mordialloc factory fire
- Is the 'Pitbull' letting Oscar Pistorius off lightly?
- Plans to freshen up the Vic Market
- Limbs saved in delicate rescue
- Video: Cop's last-minute decision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Limbs saved in delicate rescue I'm sick of hearing about these stupid climbers, walkers etc. falling and getting lost and we the tax payer funding their ... more
- ian on Limbs saved in delicate rescue There an idiot born everyday. more
- CHRIS WATTS on Limbs saved in delicate rescue what a prat.do these people get charged for all the emergency workers time to get themselves rescued or not.the gov. should ... more
- Ben on Video: Cop's last-minute decision He is in a great deal of muck more
- Jonathon L Benson on Video: Cop's last-minute decision One law for them, Oink Oink, and a standard enforceable one for us motorists. But I won't hold my breath on the prospects of ... more
- Caleb Dawson on Video: Cop's last-minute decision I Twittered this to @vicpolice and all media outlets I could think of however received no response.Glad to see it picked up ... more
- bemused on Limbs saved in delicate rescue hope he is going to pay the rescue bill .... idiot more
- bryan smith on Limbs saved in delicate rescue Maybe they should rename it the brain dead squeeze. more
- james wilson on Limbs saved in delicate rescue Not the most intelligent thing to do was it. Who paying for the rescue. James more
- james mason on Video: Cop's last-minute decision What an absolute loser. He just missed hitting the rail. What would happen if it was a civilian drive. more
- Mandi on Banned dog laws costing councils Monash council only have themselves to blame for stupidly taking on the seizure of a dog that they presumed was vicious when ... more
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
Molly Meldrum's 'off-the-record' conversation with Elton John
Molly Meldrum is involved in editorial controversy over comments made by Elton John concerning Madonna which aired on Channel 7's Sunday Night program last night.
IMAGE: Molly Meldrum interview Elton John on Sunday Night (Source: Channel 7)
In the Sunday night interview, Elton described Madonna as a "f---ing fairground stripper" whose career was over.
"Why is she such a nightmare? Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c---," Elton John said.
3AW's entertainment reporter Peter Ford told Ross and John he had been contacted by Elton John's publicity team, first saying the claims made by Molly Meldrum were rubbish.
Pete Ford said after telling Elton John's representative that the claims had aired on television, he was told that the conversation was allegedly 'off-the-record'.
"Elton's been around long enough to know that if there's a camera there and someone's standing behind it with a red light on... It's still being recorded," Peter Ford told 3AW Breakfast.
Speaking with 3AW Breakfast, Molly Meldrum said he was taken aback by Elton John's comments attacking Madonna.
"I love Elton, but when he launched into Madonna I slightly went into shock because Madonna also is a friend of mine," Molly Meldrum told Ross and John. "But I have to say that she has been very naughty of late."
Peter Ford said Molly Meldrum had a good enough relationship with Elton John to not do the wrong thing by him.
"Unless you actually specify it's off the record, then everything is up for grabs," he said.
Peter Ford said he had been asked to give Molly Meldrum's phone number to Elton's publicity team, as Elton was demanding he speak with him, but he respectfully declined.
LISTEN: Molly Meldrum and Peter Ford speak with 3AW Breakfast:
Ian Meldrum what a tool its a pity he didnt live in a 3 story home .. What is his claim to fame ..did he ever have a real job i dont think so maybe it was being at the right place at the right time .. The saints should dump this hammer , screwdriver , pliers . he is such a tool AND whats with the stupid hat ..Gino Tommasi Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 5:50 PM
Elton, you are my favorite artist ever but you are now damaging your own brand, hang up your microphone.Philip Monday 10 September, 2012 - 9:50 AM
I think Elton has no success, and Madonna is !!!!!!!
So Elton, leave the show for the Queen !!!
Thank you old fat guy !!!!!!!Paulo Thursday 16 August, 2012 - 9:14 PM
elton otsells madonna anytime . she is most overrated artist ever!simon Saturday 11 August, 2012 - 5:59 AM
Sorry seems to be the hardest word!A.Milbourne Wednesday 8 August, 2012 - 7:15 PM
madonna should have given the game away years agorod fallon Wednesday 8 August, 2012 - 1:56 PM