- Ela's Glasgow food highlights
- Ross and John and in Glasgow: Whisky day
- Ross stands under his homeless grandfather's bridge
- AFL's plan to win back footy fans
- Concerns over spread of Ebola virus
- Vinnies receives generous package
- Athletics coach given his marching orders
- Sly of the Underworld meets his match!
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Christine on AFL's plan to win back footy fans You killed the golden goose. Yes, Victorian's love their footy, but there's a limit to what we will put up with, no matter ... more
- Nick on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD First ban smoking in the CBD, then ban headphones in the CBD, soon start banning people coming into the CBD. more
- Jed Maxwell on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD I certainly won't be 'unplugging' my headphones in the CBD. Walking around with headphones on means I don't have to listen ... more
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
Mosquito Index: beat the mozzies this summer!
A world-first Mozzie Index has been launched where you can put in your suburb and it will provide a weekly forecast for how bad mozzies are in your area.
The site has been launched by mosquito repellant producer, Aeroguard.
After Burnso was bitten by his first mozzie of the year at the weekend, the Breakfast boys reckoned this story was worth chasing up with Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney.
"We're expecting a return to hot dry conditions which means more mosquitoes this summer," Dr Webb said.
"The basis of the Mozzie index is we can now provide a forecast of what mosquitoes will be like in your area based on local environmental conditions."
Dr Webb told listeners to visit mozzieindex.com.au to find out their mozzie forecast.
"I'd like to see how indicative the index is of the mozzie population this summer," he said.
LISTEN: Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Hi Gerald and Gillian - thank you for your comments. At this time of year, the levels in many areas will be similar given that we're not really in the peak summer period yet. For Melbourne, we wouldn't expect that much change will happen until there is substantial rainfall and/or tides in coastal regions from which we will likely see some differences in results. We really do appreciate your feedback - do keep using the Index and make sure you keep yourselves protected!The Mozzie Index Team Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 4:18 PM
Mozzies killed my pet rabbit as this state is riddled with the myxomotisis virus which is a very cruel way of eradicating bunnies and it will continue because nobody cares I've tried to voice my dissapointment to Julia gillard in a letter she did reply but nothing will change so to all bunny owners be vigilant keep your bunnies inside if you have to away from mozzies its devastating. So I couldn't care less about humans being bitten.poptart Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:28 PM
Nice pickup Gillian. Every Suburb I put in gave the same answer as well.Gerald Monday 22 October, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Just checked out the mozzie index and it shows the same result regardless of what suburb or state you enter!!!Gillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 8:46 AM