- Ela tastes Indian at Babu Ji
- Reporter recalls 'believable' Bill Vlahos
- Possums pinned in doomed trees
- Wearable kidneys offer hope
- Keka finally makes team photo
- 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi drivers
- Teens too hungover for school
- Which animal makes the best noise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Possums pinned in doomed trees The way humans treat animals and do these types of things makes me utterly sick. more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... I think Mr Samuels needs to drive a taxi for a few weeks to get a better understanding of what really happens and how things ... more
- Mandi on Teens too hungover for school My niece told me one of her casual work acquaintances couldn't attend her 5 hr shift unless she could keep a vomit bag ... more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... Here is an idea for you Graeme Samuels, How about you go drive a taxi for a week and really see what happens in the real ... more
- Gerry on Both parties plan to offload port If the Labor party didn't waste BILLONS on the desal plant and all other crackpot Labor and Green policies, we would have ... more
- Stephen Pitney on After the AFL Wall falls International development of Australian football is essential to make the game relevant and sustainable. Just like every ... more
- Bee on After the AFL Wall falls Bring back black and white rules (nothing to do with Collingwood) there are too many open to interpretation even the players ... more
- Craig on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee It's a disgrace. An outrage. And numbers will be up this year and all the sheep will pay, and pay and pay. Thank God i gave ... more
- mylene on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee Concert goers have had to put up with this for years. The Melbourne Recital Centre also asks for a 'donation' when you book. more
- Christine on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee How is this allowed to happen? It's day light robbery and unethical business practice. more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Heavy prisoners' blame Bayley for ... so who really cares..... more
- r on Study shows mammograms useless The mammogram did not pick up the cancer that my mum had but the ultrasound did so they are not 100% please be aware of that. more
- Rosemary on Study shows mammograms useless at 43 I found a lump in my breast. Surgeon sent me for mammo & ultrasound. Mammo found nothing, ultrasound found 2 cancerous ... more
- Jill on Study shows mammograms useless Tough titty's to the 25 year old study....I WILL STILL BE HAVING MY REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FOR THE SAKE OF NOT ONLY MY OWN ... more
- Jackie on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... I rarely use Myki as I live in country Vic but I know that the green one, gives you the message, saying that you've touched ... more
- Sharon Williams on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... Seriously? I hope the fine was withdrawn, beaurocracy gone mad. more
- Dave gelbart on Shopper chases down runaway racehorse Question for john..Was I in the right place at the wrong time?Dave gelbart more
- Gloria on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers Although had seen it before I watched 'School of Rock' on Eleven as don't much like 'Rake' and was never going to watch ... more
- Lynne List on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers I wanted to watch both Schapelle and INXS but INXS won only because I'm a huge fan and I was peeved off 9 moved it. With ... more
- Robstar on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers It's kind of ironic how Underbelly:INXS showed the band "accidentally" bringing drugs into a country, being forced to scoff ... more
Mosquito Index: beat the mozzies this summer!
A world-first Mozzie Index has been launched where you can put in your suburb and it will provide a weekly forecast for how bad mozzies are in your area.
The site has been launched by mosquito repellant producer, Aeroguard.
After Burnso was bitten by his first mozzie of the year at the weekend, the Breakfast boys reckoned this story was worth chasing up with Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney.
"We're expecting a return to hot dry conditions which means more mosquitoes this summer," Dr Webb said.
"The basis of the Mozzie index is we can now provide a forecast of what mosquitoes will be like in your area based on local environmental conditions."
Dr Webb told listeners to visit mozzieindex.com.au to find out their mozzie forecast.
"I'd like to see how indicative the index is of the mozzie population this summer," he said.
LISTEN: Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Hi Gerald and Gillian - thank you for your comments. At this time of year, the levels in many areas will be similar given that we're not really in the peak summer period yet. For Melbourne, we wouldn't expect that much change will happen until there is substantial rainfall and/or tides in coastal regions from which we will likely see some differences in results. We really do appreciate your feedback - do keep using the Index and make sure you keep yourselves protected!The Mozzie Index Team Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 4:18 PM
Mozzies killed my pet rabbit as this state is riddled with the myxomotisis virus which is a very cruel way of eradicating bunnies and it will continue because nobody cares I've tried to voice my dissapointment to Julia gillard in a letter she did reply but nothing will change so to all bunny owners be vigilant keep your bunnies inside if you have to away from mozzies its devastating. So I couldn't care less about humans being bitten.poptart Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:28 PM
Nice pickup Gillian. Every Suburb I put in gave the same answer as well.Gerald Monday 22 October, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Just checked out the mozzie index and it shows the same result regardless of what suburb or state you enter!!!Gillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 8:46 AM