- News website's headline blunder
- Banning drugs 'doesn't work that well': Expert
- Vlahos link to fiery Connewarre incident
- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- New Royal Children's Hospital 'too small'
- Trucks explode in fiery collision
- Australian students falling behind global counterparts
- Rolling Stones add five concert dates to Australia tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kath on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Great breathing On the audio Ross.great goal Burnso. Great stuff all round. more
- Lisa on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Hugh is gorgeous!!!! more
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
- Jed Maxwell on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travelled that area of Victoria for a few weeks last month. Many of the truck drivers apper to be complete nutters, ... more
Mosquito Index: beat the mozzies this summer!
A world-first Mozzie Index has been launched where you can put in your suburb and it will provide a weekly forecast for how bad mozzies are in your area.
The site has been launched by mosquito repellant producer, Aeroguard.
After Burnso was bitten by his first mozzie of the year at the weekend, the Breakfast boys reckoned this story was worth chasing up with Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney.
"We're expecting a return to hot dry conditions which means more mosquitoes this summer," Dr Webb said.
"The basis of the Mozzie index is we can now provide a forecast of what mosquitoes will be like in your area based on local environmental conditions."
Dr Webb told listeners to visit mozzieindex.com.au to find out their mozzie forecast.
"I'd like to see how indicative the index is of the mozzie population this summer," he said.
LISTEN: Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Hi Gerald and Gillian - thank you for your comments. At this time of year, the levels in many areas will be similar given that we're not really in the peak summer period yet. For Melbourne, we wouldn't expect that much change will happen until there is substantial rainfall and/or tides in coastal regions from which we will likely see some differences in results. We really do appreciate your feedback - do keep using the Index and make sure you keep yourselves protected!The Mozzie Index Team Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 4:18 PM
Mozzies killed my pet rabbit as this state is riddled with the myxomotisis virus which is a very cruel way of eradicating bunnies and it will continue because nobody cares I've tried to voice my dissapointment to Julia gillard in a letter she did reply but nothing will change so to all bunny owners be vigilant keep your bunnies inside if you have to away from mozzies its devastating. So I couldn't care less about humans being bitten.poptart Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:28 PM
Nice pickup Gillian. Every Suburb I put in gave the same answer as well.Gerald Monday 22 October, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Just checked out the mozzie index and it shows the same result regardless of what suburb or state you enter!!!Gillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 8:46 AM