- Whitlam home to be demolished
- Ross and John at the Cox Plate Breakfast
- The Block's tick of approval
- 'Cage fighting is safer'
- Plucky pupil skirts punishment
- Dog attacks and kills pet in park
- Real tastes of a far-away place
- Search for Swiss stonemason's heirs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
- IBARKER on How to NOT define shirtfront Suffer Putin?? more
- EVGENII on How to NOT define shirtfront What do you know about Russia more
Mosquito Index: beat the mozzies this summer!
A world-first Mozzie Index has been launched where you can put in your suburb and it will provide a weekly forecast for how bad mozzies are in your area.
The site has been launched by mosquito repellant producer, Aeroguard.
After Burnso was bitten by his first mozzie of the year at the weekend, the Breakfast boys reckoned this story was worth chasing up with Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney.
"We're expecting a return to hot dry conditions which means more mosquitoes this summer," Dr Webb said.
"The basis of the Mozzie index is we can now provide a forecast of what mosquitoes will be like in your area based on local environmental conditions."
Dr Webb told listeners to visit mozzieindex.com.au to find out their mozzie forecast.
"I'd like to see how indicative the index is of the mozzie population this summer," he said.
LISTEN: Dr Cameron Webb, Medical Entomologist at the University of Sydney
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Hi Gerald and Gillian - thank you for your comments. At this time of year, the levels in many areas will be similar given that we're not really in the peak summer period yet. For Melbourne, we wouldn't expect that much change will happen until there is substantial rainfall and/or tides in coastal regions from which we will likely see some differences in results. We really do appreciate your feedback - do keep using the Index and make sure you keep yourselves protected!The Mozzie Index Team Tuesday 23 October, 2012 - 4:18 PM
Mozzies killed my pet rabbit as this state is riddled with the myxomotisis virus which is a very cruel way of eradicating bunnies and it will continue because nobody cares I've tried to voice my dissapointment to Julia gillard in a letter she did reply but nothing will change so to all bunny owners be vigilant keep your bunnies inside if you have to away from mozzies its devastating. So I couldn't care less about humans being bitten.poptart Monday 22 October, 2012 - 7:28 PM
Nice pickup Gillian. Every Suburb I put in gave the same answer as well.Gerald Monday 22 October, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Just checked out the mozzie index and it shows the same result regardless of what suburb or state you enter!!!Gillian Monday 22 October, 2012 - 8:46 AM