- Piggery Cafe at Burnham Beeches
- Is this Myer's most loyal employee?
- Ross and John at the Robert Burns Hotel
- Fad to famish: Australia running out of kale
- 'Rational people' will still fly with Malaysia
- Hird's back and raring to go
- $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy Laver
- Retired couple take on graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
- tracy on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Bet a lot of the people complaining have not signed the sex offender register. Easier to whinge and whine about Sam Newman ... more
- Fran Barclay on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Have you considered they may have been being towed on a low loader trailer like they use in the movies ? The camera work ... more
- darrin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... yes another example of the Victoria police doing there job looking at video's from a tv program while people get killed ... more
Op shop shortage: Donate your quality clothes today!
With charity op shops reporting their lowest level of stock on record, Ross and John want your support in donating clothes you haven’t worn for a year to your local op shop.
Speaking with 3AW Breakfast, Do Something! spokesperson John Dee said despite a huge demand for goods and clothing from op shops, people were holding onto their goods because of economic pressures.
”Unfortunately we're in a situation where they are literally billions of dollars of clothes lying unused in our wardrobes,” he said.
”And yet...the charity op shops are desperately needing more clothes and more items to get donated at the 2,000 op shop stores around Australia.”
John Dee urged people to do a spring clean and give any unneeded, good quality clothes to their local charity.
"If you haven't worn it for a year, and it's good quality, get it down to the local op shop and give them a hand," he said.
Go to Do Something’s! Op Shop Week site to find the closest op shop to you to donate.
LISTEN: Do Something! spokesperson John Dee speaks with Ross and John:
why are they renovating these op shops to look like boutiques then upping the price? Leaving them as they are with cheaper goods for all, would be alot better. Who is paying for these renovations?julia Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 9:50 AM
Do opp shops or salvos accept bathersAmira Tuesday 2 October, 2012 - 10:09 AM
I have taken all my items on a Saturday and handed them in.
Kerryn, these charities don't make it hard. They are there on weekends too.
The reason you can't just leave items after hours at the door is because this is when most people will leave their rubbish there.zoeymoggard Monday 1 October, 2012 - 8:20 PM
People are selling their clothes themselves on Ebay, etc. I'm sick of all the Op shops crying poor. When they stop paying yourselves disgusting wages and benefits I'll start donating again. Disclose how much actual goes to the poor and then we'll all know the truth. The Op shops are only for the rich now!I now ask the local church if there are people in need of anything I no longer have need for. I've just cut out the middle man now.Tanya Friday 28 September, 2012 - 12:12 PM
Why does the public expect op shops to be accessible 24 hours seven days a week? One doesn't expect these hours of a hairdresser or a clothing store. And municipal by-laws govern the use of footpaths outside op shops - not the op shops. Leaving goods outside op shops is also an OH&S issue for the public - not a very charitable act.Kerryn Thursday 27 September, 2012 - 11:49 AM
Stop moaning and crying op shops, you have no one to blame but yourselves as you have made it extremely difficult for people to donate. Make donating conveniant and people will donate until then stop with the poor, poor pitiful me attitude.Stella - Morwell Tuesday 25 September, 2012 - 2:59 PM