- Ela tastes Indian at Babu Ji
- Reporter recalls 'believable' Bill Vlahos
- Possums pinned in doomed trees
- Wearable kidneys offer hope
- Keka finally makes team photo
- 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi drivers
- Teens too hungover for school
- Which animal makes the best noise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Possums pinned in doomed trees The way humans treat animals and do these types of things makes me utterly sick. more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... I think Mr Samuels needs to drive a taxi for a few weeks to get a better understanding of what really happens and how things ... more
- Mandi on Teens too hungover for school My niece told me one of her casual work acquaintances couldn't attend her 5 hr shift unless she could keep a vomit bag ... more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... Here is an idea for you Graeme Samuels, How about you go drive a taxi for a week and really see what happens in the real ... more
- Gerry on Both parties plan to offload port If the Labor party didn't waste BILLONS on the desal plant and all other crackpot Labor and Green policies, we would have ... more
- Stephen Pitney on After the AFL Wall falls International development of Australian football is essential to make the game relevant and sustainable. Just like every ... more
- Bee on After the AFL Wall falls Bring back black and white rules (nothing to do with Collingwood) there are too many open to interpretation even the players ... more
- Craig on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee It's a disgrace. An outrage. And numbers will be up this year and all the sheep will pay, and pay and pay. Thank God i gave ... more
- mylene on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee Concert goers have had to put up with this for years. The Melbourne Recital Centre also asks for a 'donation' when you book. more
- Christine on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee How is this allowed to happen? It's day light robbery and unethical business practice. more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Heavy prisoners' blame Bayley for ... so who really cares..... more
- r on Study shows mammograms useless The mammogram did not pick up the cancer that my mum had but the ultrasound did so they are not 100% please be aware of that. more
- Rosemary on Study shows mammograms useless at 43 I found a lump in my breast. Surgeon sent me for mammo & ultrasound. Mammo found nothing, ultrasound found 2 cancerous ... more
- Jill on Study shows mammograms useless Tough titty's to the 25 year old study....I WILL STILL BE HAVING MY REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FOR THE SAKE OF NOT ONLY MY OWN ... more
- Jackie on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... I rarely use Myki as I live in country Vic but I know that the green one, gives you the message, saying that you've touched ... more
- Sharon Williams on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... Seriously? I hope the fine was withdrawn, beaurocracy gone mad. more
- Dave gelbart on Shopper chases down runaway racehorse Question for john..Was I in the right place at the wrong time?Dave gelbart more
- Gloria on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers Although had seen it before I watched 'School of Rock' on Eleven as don't much like 'Rake' and was never going to watch ... more
- Lynne List on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers I wanted to watch both Schapelle and INXS but INXS won only because I'm a huge fan and I was peeved off 9 moved it. With ... more
- Robstar on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers It's kind of ironic how Underbelly:INXS showed the band "accidentally" bringing drugs into a country, being forced to scoff ... more
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge
This year the challenge was set for John Burns to swim 100-metres up against gold medal winning Paralypian Ellie Cole, Octogenarian swim record holder Hazel Gilbee and 6-year aquatic prodigy Abbey Carr.
To no one's surprise, Ellie took out gold, 2028 Olympian Abbey took Silver, Burnso Bronze and Hazel Gilbee received the honorary platinum award for fourth.
WATCH: The 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge
IMAGE: Six-year old Abbey Carr is a demon in the pool
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge! Get to Watermarc at Greensborough on Dec 7 to see Burnso get beat by a Paralympian & Octogenarian!— 3AW Breakfast (@RossAndJohn) November 21, 2012
Since the launch last week, Burnso has been training hard to give the three girls a run for their money.
WATCH: Burnso's 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge Training Video
THE HISTORY OF THE CHALLENGE: The Pancake Parlour Challenge is now in it's 6th year. The idea is to pit one of our own against a champion in a specific field... all in the name of charity!
There have been some classics over the years and the original which saw John Burns challenge our then Police reporter Paul Bentley on a run around the tan.
The last few years it's centred around one of the buzz events or interests of the year, from renovations to masterchefs.
This year, the event that captured everyone's attention took place in London. Our Olympians did a great job, but it was the Paralympians who inspired us with a herculean effort and a bagful of medals.
So, we decided Burnso could learn a thing or two from one of our more decorated Paralympians in the pool, enter Ellie Cole.
There was another mammoth effort from some female swimmers this year, four women broke a world swimming record in the 360+ years age group and one of them was Hazel Gilbee.
She's agreed to give Burnso a run for her money as well...
VIDEO: Meet the competitors....
* Unfortunately due to illness in his family 3AW Newsreader David Armstrong is no longer able to compete as planned. We wish him all the best!
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will miss Ross and John's program during the Christmas break...enjoy your holidays and have a fantastic ChristmasRose Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:16 PM
Please get John Michael H and Nick Mc C off and replace them with the guys that did it in their absence. I can be bothered listening on Sundays anymore. Had enough of JMHs hysteria and what seems Nicks lack of knowledge which seems surprising given his job experience. The others had good discussions without hysteria. It was great listening. Please make some more change.
Peter.Peter Nugent Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
John, you should be given gold for looking so good..Faye Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:43 AM
Burnso you look like Sean Connery with your facial hair.Gloria Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:49 PM
good luck abbey, our beautiful grand-daughter. thanks ross and john for putting a smile on my face every morningnana jude Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:20 PM