- Ela's Glasgow food highlights
- Ross and John and in Glasgow: Whisky day
- Ross stands under his homeless grandfather's bridge
- AFL's plan to win back footy fans
- Concerns over spread of Ebola virus
- Vinnies receives generous package
- Athletics coach given his marching orders
- Sly of the Underworld meets his match!
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Christine on AFL's plan to win back footy fans You killed the golden goose. Yes, Victorian's love their footy, but there's a limit to what we will put up with, no matter ... more
- Nick on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD First ban smoking in the CBD, then ban headphones in the CBD, soon start banning people coming into the CBD. more
- Jed Maxwell on Pedestrians urged to unplug in CBD I certainly won't be 'unplugging' my headphones in the CBD. Walking around with headphones on means I don't have to listen ... more
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge
This year the challenge was set for John Burns to swim 100-metres up against gold medal winning Paralypian Ellie Cole, Octogenarian swim record holder Hazel Gilbee and 6-year aquatic prodigy Abbey Carr.
To no one's surprise, Ellie took out gold, 2028 Olympian Abbey took Silver, Burnso Bronze and Hazel Gilbee received the honorary platinum award for fourth.
WATCH: The 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge
IMAGE: Six-year old Abbey Carr is a demon in the pool
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge! Get to Watermarc at Greensborough on Dec 7 to see Burnso get beat by a Paralympian & Octogenarian!— 3AW Breakfast (@RossAndJohn) November 21, 2012
Since the launch last week, Burnso has been training hard to give the three girls a run for their money.
WATCH: Burnso's 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge Training Video
THE HISTORY OF THE CHALLENGE: The Pancake Parlour Challenge is now in it's 6th year. The idea is to pit one of our own against a champion in a specific field... all in the name of charity!
There have been some classics over the years and the original which saw John Burns challenge our then Police reporter Paul Bentley on a run around the tan.
The last few years it's centred around one of the buzz events or interests of the year, from renovations to masterchefs.
This year, the event that captured everyone's attention took place in London. Our Olympians did a great job, but it was the Paralympians who inspired us with a herculean effort and a bagful of medals.
So, we decided Burnso could learn a thing or two from one of our more decorated Paralympians in the pool, enter Ellie Cole.
There was another mammoth effort from some female swimmers this year, four women broke a world swimming record in the 360+ years age group and one of them was Hazel Gilbee.
She's agreed to give Burnso a run for her money as well...
VIDEO: Meet the competitors....
* Unfortunately due to illness in his family 3AW Newsreader David Armstrong is no longer able to compete as planned. We wish him all the best!
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will miss Ross and John's program during the Christmas break...enjoy your holidays and have a fantastic ChristmasRose Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:16 PM
Please get John Michael H and Nick Mc C off and replace them with the guys that did it in their absence. I can be bothered listening on Sundays anymore. Had enough of JMHs hysteria and what seems Nicks lack of knowledge which seems surprising given his job experience. The others had good discussions without hysteria. It was great listening. Please make some more change.
Peter.Peter Nugent Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
John, you should be given gold for looking so good..Faye Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:43 AM
Burnso you look like Sean Connery with your facial hair.Gloria Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:49 PM
good luck abbey, our beautiful grand-daughter. thanks ross and john for putting a smile on my face every morningnana jude Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:20 PM