- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- What are Victorians obsessed with?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge
This year the challenge was set for John Burns to swim 100-metres up against gold medal winning Paralypian Ellie Cole, Octogenarian swim record holder Hazel Gilbee and 6-year aquatic prodigy Abbey Carr.
To no one's surprise, Ellie took out gold, 2028 Olympian Abbey took Silver, Burnso Bronze and Hazel Gilbee received the honorary platinum award for fourth.
WATCH: The 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge
IMAGE: Six-year old Abbey Carr is a demon in the pool
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge! Get to Watermarc at Greensborough on Dec 7 to see Burnso get beat by a Paralympian & Octogenarian!— 3AW Breakfast (@RossAndJohn) November 21, 2012
Since the launch last week, Burnso has been training hard to give the three girls a run for their money.
WATCH: Burnso's 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge Training Video
THE HISTORY OF THE CHALLENGE: The Pancake Parlour Challenge is now in it's 6th year. The idea is to pit one of our own against a champion in a specific field... all in the name of charity!
There have been some classics over the years and the original which saw John Burns challenge our then Police reporter Paul Bentley on a run around the tan.
The last few years it's centred around one of the buzz events or interests of the year, from renovations to masterchefs.
This year, the event that captured everyone's attention took place in London. Our Olympians did a great job, but it was the Paralympians who inspired us with a herculean effort and a bagful of medals.
So, we decided Burnso could learn a thing or two from one of our more decorated Paralympians in the pool, enter Ellie Cole.
There was another mammoth effort from some female swimmers this year, four women broke a world swimming record in the 360+ years age group and one of them was Hazel Gilbee.
She's agreed to give Burnso a run for her money as well...
VIDEO: Meet the competitors....
* Unfortunately due to illness in his family 3AW Newsreader David Armstrong is no longer able to compete as planned. We wish him all the best!
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will miss Ross and John's program during the Christmas break...enjoy your holidays and have a fantastic ChristmasRose Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:16 PM
Please get John Michael H and Nick Mc C off and replace them with the guys that did it in their absence. I can be bothered listening on Sundays anymore. Had enough of JMHs hysteria and what seems Nicks lack of knowledge which seems surprising given his job experience. The others had good discussions without hysteria. It was great listening. Please make some more change.
Peter.Peter Nugent Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
John, you should be given gold for looking so good..Faye Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:43 AM
Burnso you look like Sean Connery with your facial hair.Gloria Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:49 PM
good luck abbey, our beautiful grand-daughter. thanks ross and john for putting a smile on my face every morningnana jude Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:20 PM