- Australian Jesus look-alike booted from UK darts... again
- Grade five student ignites homemade explosive
- News website's headline blunder
- Banning drugs 'doesn't work that well': Expert
- Vlahos link to fiery Connewarre incident
- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- New Royal Children's Hospital 'too small'
- Trucks explode in fiery collision
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- former parent on Grade five student ignites homemade ... Nothing surprises me or the community . This school has a history of " Sweeping things under the mat" The Principle is an ... more
- Kath on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Great breathing On the audio Ross.great goal Burnso. Great stuff all round. more
- Lisa on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Hugh is gorgeous!!!! more
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge
This year the challenge was set for John Burns to swim 100-metres up against gold medal winning Paralypian Ellie Cole, Octogenarian swim record holder Hazel Gilbee and 6-year aquatic prodigy Abbey Carr.
To no one's surprise, Ellie took out gold, 2028 Olympian Abbey took Silver, Burnso Bronze and Hazel Gilbee received the honorary platinum award for fourth.
WATCH: The 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge
IMAGE: Six-year old Abbey Carr is a demon in the pool
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge! Get to Watermarc at Greensborough on Dec 7 to see Burnso get beat by a Paralympian & Octogenarian!— 3AW Breakfast (@RossAndJohn) November 21, 2012
Since the launch last week, Burnso has been training hard to give the three girls a run for their money.
WATCH: Burnso's 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge Training Video
THE HISTORY OF THE CHALLENGE: The Pancake Parlour Challenge is now in it's 6th year. The idea is to pit one of our own against a champion in a specific field... all in the name of charity!
There have been some classics over the years and the original which saw John Burns challenge our then Police reporter Paul Bentley on a run around the tan.
The last few years it's centred around one of the buzz events or interests of the year, from renovations to masterchefs.
This year, the event that captured everyone's attention took place in London. Our Olympians did a great job, but it was the Paralympians who inspired us with a herculean effort and a bagful of medals.
So, we decided Burnso could learn a thing or two from one of our more decorated Paralympians in the pool, enter Ellie Cole.
There was another mammoth effort from some female swimmers this year, four women broke a world swimming record in the 360+ years age group and one of them was Hazel Gilbee.
She's agreed to give Burnso a run for her money as well...
VIDEO: Meet the competitors....
* Unfortunately due to illness in his family 3AW Newsreader David Armstrong is no longer able to compete as planned. We wish him all the best!
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will miss Ross and John's program during the Christmas break...enjoy your holidays and have a fantastic ChristmasRose Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:16 PM
Please get John Michael H and Nick Mc C off and replace them with the guys that did it in their absence. I can be bothered listening on Sundays anymore. Had enough of JMHs hysteria and what seems Nicks lack of knowledge which seems surprising given his job experience. The others had good discussions without hysteria. It was great listening. Please make some more change.
Peter.Peter Nugent Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
John, you should be given gold for looking so good..Faye Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:43 AM
Burnso you look like Sean Connery with your facial hair.Gloria Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:49 PM
good luck abbey, our beautiful grand-daughter. thanks ross and john for putting a smile on my face every morningnana jude Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:20 PM