- Traders torn on Brunswick St car ban plan
- 2014 Pancake Parlour challenge: Ross and John become cabbies
- 3AW caller prevents car-train smash
- Cushla's marquee day
- Ross and John get cheesy
- How to make Melbourne better
- The thief who didn't know when to quit
- Too many raiders? That's ridiculous
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kate on Traders torn on Brunswick St car ban ... So stop cars travelling down Brunswick Street. Trade will be cut and the surrounding streets inundated. They are cutting ... more
- Sue on Cushla's marquee day Cushla, you are a deadset legend. more
- Alexis Michael on 3AW caller prevents car-train smash Wondering if the burnt out Peugeot in Diggers Rest has some connection to the abandoned 4WD on the Geelong train line at ... more
- Hendrik on How to make Melbourne better Melbourne really needs higher density living. The reason why the housing and public transport situation is so bad is exactly ... more
- Milton on How to make Melbourne better Brent:That may be why Vancouver is runner-up? more
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge
This year the challenge was set for John Burns to swim 100-metres up against gold medal winning Paralypian Ellie Cole, Octogenarian swim record holder Hazel Gilbee and 6-year aquatic prodigy Abbey Carr.
To no one's surprise, Ellie took out gold, 2028 Olympian Abbey took Silver, Burnso Bronze and Hazel Gilbee received the honorary platinum award for fourth.
WATCH: The 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge
IMAGE: Six-year old Abbey Carr is a demon in the pool
Pancake Parlour Swimming Challenge! Get to Watermarc at Greensborough on Dec 7 to see Burnso get beat by a Paralympian & Octogenarian!— 3AW Breakfast (@RossAndJohn) November 21, 2012
Since the launch last week, Burnso has been training hard to give the three girls a run for their money.
WATCH: Burnso's 2012 Pancake Parlour Challenge Training Video
THE HISTORY OF THE CHALLENGE: The Pancake Parlour Challenge is now in it's 6th year. The idea is to pit one of our own against a champion in a specific field... all in the name of charity!
There have been some classics over the years and the original which saw John Burns challenge our then Police reporter Paul Bentley on a run around the tan.
The last few years it's centred around one of the buzz events or interests of the year, from renovations to masterchefs.
This year, the event that captured everyone's attention took place in London. Our Olympians did a great job, but it was the Paralympians who inspired us with a herculean effort and a bagful of medals.
So, we decided Burnso could learn a thing or two from one of our more decorated Paralympians in the pool, enter Ellie Cole.
There was another mammoth effort from some female swimmers this year, four women broke a world swimming record in the 360+ years age group and one of them was Hazel Gilbee.
She's agreed to give Burnso a run for her money as well...
VIDEO: Meet the competitors....
* Unfortunately due to illness in his family 3AW Newsreader David Armstrong is no longer able to compete as planned. We wish him all the best!
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Will miss Ross and John's program during the Christmas break...enjoy your holidays and have a fantastic ChristmasRose Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:16 PM
Please get John Michael H and Nick Mc C off and replace them with the guys that did it in their absence. I can be bothered listening on Sundays anymore. Had enough of JMHs hysteria and what seems Nicks lack of knowledge which seems surprising given his job experience. The others had good discussions without hysteria. It was great listening. Please make some more change.
Peter.Peter Nugent Sunday 9 December, 2012 - 9:55 AM
John, you should be given gold for looking so good..Faye Saturday 8 December, 2012 - 6:43 AM
Burnso you look like Sean Connery with your facial hair.Gloria Friday 7 December, 2012 - 1:49 PM
good luck abbey, our beautiful grand-daughter. thanks ross and john for putting a smile on my face every morningnana jude Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 7:20 PM