- Grade five student ignites homemade explosive
- News website's headline blunder
- Banning drugs 'doesn't work that well': Expert
- Vlahos link to fiery Connewarre incident
- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- New Royal Children's Hospital 'too small'
- Trucks explode in fiery collision
- Australian students falling behind global counterparts
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- former parent on Grade five student ignites homemade ... Nothing surprises me or the community . This school has a history of " Sweeping things under the mat" The Principle is an ... more
- Kath on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Great breathing On the audio Ross.great goal Burnso. Great stuff all round. more
- Lisa on 2013 Pancake Parlour Challenge Hugh is gorgeous!!!! more
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
Police question new fitness tests
The Police Association is questioning the relevance of a new fitness test for police recruits.
While the new test will not apply to current officers all new recruits will be expected to pass the test two times a year.
The Association's Greg Davies says the police need to fine tune the testing regime which includes push-ups, agility tests and swimming.
VIDEO: John Burns tries some of the new police fitness tests. Warning: John Burns may stick his finger up at you!
I do believe that it is just right that police officers gets a yearly fitness test because in my opinion it is a part of their job to be in top form all the time. I would however agree that there should be a different level of test for the the female officers.Classic kettlebell Monday 16 July, 2012 - 2:26 AM
Vicky, 100% agree~! It's time to introduce psychological testing for braid~! For far too long too many officers have been promoted PURELY on the basis of suspect crime statistics, instead of being promoted on "management ability", as in the ability to handle any given situation in a professional manner, particularly in relation to staff motivation & deployment. Too many braid live in their own little fantasy world and have become a 'protected species', surviving in the system only through lack of any independent accountability. Victoria Police has recently gone from one extreme to another, and the last thing we need in this state are do-good theorists who have no practical Police experience whatsoever, otherwise known as wankers~! Victoria Police also had a habit of promoting some psychologically disturbed staff, just to keep them occupied & out of the way. We need psychologically sound, professional managers & investigators, not rank amateurs with psychological disorders. Victoria Police, it's time to start living in the REAL world~!Lenny Thursday 8 July, 2010 - 5:18 AM
Policing requires fitness all round - it should not just apply to new recruits. If police can't do their job they need to be managed out of the job. This is just a joke. Overland looks like he could chase down a bad guy but others who work the van don't. Make them all stay fit so they can catch criminals.the Truth Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:49 PM
I dare wonderland and command do mental disorder tests as well.Wendy Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:00 PM
I think some psychiatric tests are also required for all police of or above the rank of Inspector.
There is no point focusing only on physical health and forgetting about mental health.Vicky Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 4:55 PM
Fitness tests should apply to all Police officers, new and existing.A healthy body a healthy mind.Tom Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 11:13 AM