- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Seoul Seoul, food with soul: Tregan reviews for 3AW Breakfast
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Police question new fitness tests
The Police Association is questioning the relevance of a new fitness test for police recruits.
While the new test will not apply to current officers all new recruits will be expected to pass the test two times a year.
The Association's Greg Davies says the police need to fine tune the testing regime which includes push-ups, agility tests and swimming.
VIDEO: John Burns tries some of the new police fitness tests. Warning: John Burns may stick his finger up at you!
I do believe that it is just right that police officers gets a yearly fitness test because in my opinion it is a part of their job to be in top form all the time. I would however agree that there should be a different level of test for the the female officers.Classic kettlebell Monday 16 July, 2012 - 2:26 AM
Vicky, 100% agree~! It's time to introduce psychological testing for braid~! For far too long too many officers have been promoted PURELY on the basis of suspect crime statistics, instead of being promoted on "management ability", as in the ability to handle any given situation in a professional manner, particularly in relation to staff motivation & deployment. Too many braid live in their own little fantasy world and have become a 'protected species', surviving in the system only through lack of any independent accountability. Victoria Police has recently gone from one extreme to another, and the last thing we need in this state are do-good theorists who have no practical Police experience whatsoever, otherwise known as wankers~! Victoria Police also had a habit of promoting some psychologically disturbed staff, just to keep them occupied & out of the way. We need psychologically sound, professional managers & investigators, not rank amateurs with psychological disorders. Victoria Police, it's time to start living in the REAL world~!Lenny Thursday 8 July, 2010 - 5:18 AM
Policing requires fitness all round - it should not just apply to new recruits. If police can't do their job they need to be managed out of the job. This is just a joke. Overland looks like he could chase down a bad guy but others who work the van don't. Make them all stay fit so they can catch criminals.the Truth Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:49 PM
I dare wonderland and command do mental disorder tests as well.Wendy Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:00 PM
I think some psychiatric tests are also required for all police of or above the rank of Inspector.
There is no point focusing only on physical health and forgetting about mental health.Vicky Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 4:55 PM
Fitness tests should apply to all Police officers, new and existing.A healthy body a healthy mind.Tom Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 11:13 AM