- Ela tastes Indian at Babu Ji
- Reporter recalls 'believable' Bill Vlahos
- Possums pinned in doomed trees
- Wearable kidneys offer hope
- Keka finally makes team photo
- 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi drivers
- Teens too hungover for school
- Which animal makes the best noise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Possums pinned in doomed trees The way humans treat animals and do these types of things makes me utterly sick. more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... I think Mr Samuels needs to drive a taxi for a few weeks to get a better understanding of what really happens and how things ... more
- Mandi on Teens too hungover for school My niece told me one of her casual work acquaintances couldn't attend her 5 hr shift unless she could keep a vomit bag ... more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... Here is an idea for you Graeme Samuels, How about you go drive a taxi for a week and really see what happens in the real ... more
- Gerry on Both parties plan to offload port If the Labor party didn't waste BILLONS on the desal plant and all other crackpot Labor and Green policies, we would have ... more
- Stephen Pitney on After the AFL Wall falls International development of Australian football is essential to make the game relevant and sustainable. Just like every ... more
- Bee on After the AFL Wall falls Bring back black and white rules (nothing to do with Collingwood) there are too many open to interpretation even the players ... more
- Craig on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee It's a disgrace. An outrage. And numbers will be up this year and all the sheep will pay, and pay and pay. Thank God i gave ... more
- mylene on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee Concert goers have had to put up with this for years. The Melbourne Recital Centre also asks for a 'donation' when you book. more
- Christine on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee How is this allowed to happen? It's day light robbery and unethical business practice. more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Heavy prisoners' blame Bayley for ... so who really cares..... more
- r on Study shows mammograms useless The mammogram did not pick up the cancer that my mum had but the ultrasound did so they are not 100% please be aware of that. more
- Rosemary on Study shows mammograms useless at 43 I found a lump in my breast. Surgeon sent me for mammo & ultrasound. Mammo found nothing, ultrasound found 2 cancerous ... more
- Jill on Study shows mammograms useless Tough titty's to the 25 year old study....I WILL STILL BE HAVING MY REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FOR THE SAKE OF NOT ONLY MY OWN ... more
- Jackie on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... I rarely use Myki as I live in country Vic but I know that the green one, gives you the message, saying that you've touched ... more
- Sharon Williams on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... Seriously? I hope the fine was withdrawn, beaurocracy gone mad. more
- Dave gelbart on Shopper chases down runaway racehorse Question for john..Was I in the right place at the wrong time?Dave gelbart more
- Gloria on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers Although had seen it before I watched 'School of Rock' on Eleven as don't much like 'Rake' and was never going to watch ... more
- Lynne List on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers I wanted to watch both Schapelle and INXS but INXS won only because I'm a huge fan and I was peeved off 9 moved it. With ... more
- Robstar on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers It's kind of ironic how Underbelly:INXS showed the band "accidentally" bringing drugs into a country, being forced to scoff ... more
Police question new fitness tests
The Police Association is questioning the relevance of a new fitness test for police recruits.
While the new test will not apply to current officers all new recruits will be expected to pass the test two times a year.
The Association's Greg Davies says the police need to fine tune the testing regime which includes push-ups, agility tests and swimming.
VIDEO: John Burns tries some of the new police fitness tests. Warning: John Burns may stick his finger up at you!
I do believe that it is just right that police officers gets a yearly fitness test because in my opinion it is a part of their job to be in top form all the time. I would however agree that there should be a different level of test for the the female officers.Classic kettlebell Monday 16 July, 2012 - 2:26 AM
Vicky, 100% agree~! It's time to introduce psychological testing for braid~! For far too long too many officers have been promoted PURELY on the basis of suspect crime statistics, instead of being promoted on "management ability", as in the ability to handle any given situation in a professional manner, particularly in relation to staff motivation & deployment. Too many braid live in their own little fantasy world and have become a 'protected species', surviving in the system only through lack of any independent accountability. Victoria Police has recently gone from one extreme to another, and the last thing we need in this state are do-good theorists who have no practical Police experience whatsoever, otherwise known as wankers~! Victoria Police also had a habit of promoting some psychologically disturbed staff, just to keep them occupied & out of the way. We need psychologically sound, professional managers & investigators, not rank amateurs with psychological disorders. Victoria Police, it's time to start living in the REAL world~!Lenny Thursday 8 July, 2010 - 5:18 AM
Policing requires fitness all round - it should not just apply to new recruits. If police can't do their job they need to be managed out of the job. This is just a joke. Overland looks like he could chase down a bad guy but others who work the van don't. Make them all stay fit so they can catch criminals.the Truth Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:49 PM
I dare wonderland and command do mental disorder tests as well.Wendy Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:00 PM
I think some psychiatric tests are also required for all police of or above the rank of Inspector.
There is no point focusing only on physical health and forgetting about mental health.Vicky Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 4:55 PM
Fitness tests should apply to all Police officers, new and existing.A healthy body a healthy mind.Tom Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 11:13 AM