- 'Why didn't we let the dangerous man leave?'
- AFL to review Multicultural Cup
- Calls to explore cannabis as psychosis aid
- 'It's as simple as good ingredients'
- New rules make phones OK on Qantas and Virgin flights
- Bishop on ISIS beheading: 'Outrageous, brutal'
- Seven buys back the Games
- The one cabbie who passed the taxi test says it's not that hard
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Lesley Durham on AFL to review Multicultural Cup The AFL is a bunch of politically correct, meddling do gooders. This is segregation and rather than promoting inclusion, ... more
- Kris on AFL to review Multicultural Cup Its ridiculous that an aussie is pushed aside for thinking this is wrong yet if we were to exclude any other race/religon ... more
- Sinbad on AFL to review Multicultural Cup This really smacks of double standards from the newest left wing entity which used to be called the AFL. 'Fonzie' ... more
- simone on AFL to review Multicultural Cup So Australian is no longer a culture. Onya AFL. Way to promote diversity and racism. more
- Aria Judilla on AFL to review Multicultural Cup Kid, you'll do much better in life if you're kept away from this obscenely violent AFL football culture. Consider it a ... more
- Michael McCarthy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black more
- Sue Moyle on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver Cabs for Melbourne more
- Manda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black! Most people recognise London taxis already, so keep them easily identifiable. more
- Shaz the all rounder on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver- looks a bit more sophisisticated more
- Claire on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver = classy more
- Alison on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... white more
- alison tuxworth on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White more
- Shawn on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... We're in Melbourne...Black is the new Black! more
- Sal J on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver 'cos if you miss washing it, it'll still look clean enough whereas black shows up dirt too easily more
- Kath on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Silver always looks clean more
- Heather on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White London Cabs is my choiceHowever, if they have to be Black withthe silver roof, or other black and silver combination ... more
- Clorinda on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White, looks smart will look cleaner more
- Vic on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White for summer and visibility safety more
- Tracey on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... Black is Melbourne's signature colour so the taxis should be black. more
- John murphy on London taxis in Melbourne: Choose the ... White more
Police question new fitness tests
The Police Association is questioning the relevance of a new fitness test for police recruits.
While the new test will not apply to current officers all new recruits will be expected to pass the test two times a year.
The Association's Greg Davies says the police need to fine tune the testing regime which includes push-ups, agility tests and swimming.
VIDEO: John Burns tries some of the new police fitness tests. Warning: John Burns may stick his finger up at you!
I do believe that it is just right that police officers gets a yearly fitness test because in my opinion it is a part of their job to be in top form all the time. I would however agree that there should be a different level of test for the the female officers.Classic kettlebell Monday 16 July, 2012 - 2:26 AM
Vicky, 100% agree~! It's time to introduce psychological testing for braid~! For far too long too many officers have been promoted PURELY on the basis of suspect crime statistics, instead of being promoted on "management ability", as in the ability to handle any given situation in a professional manner, particularly in relation to staff motivation & deployment. Too many braid live in their own little fantasy world and have become a 'protected species', surviving in the system only through lack of any independent accountability. Victoria Police has recently gone from one extreme to another, and the last thing we need in this state are do-good theorists who have no practical Police experience whatsoever, otherwise known as wankers~! Victoria Police also had a habit of promoting some psychologically disturbed staff, just to keep them occupied & out of the way. We need psychologically sound, professional managers & investigators, not rank amateurs with psychological disorders. Victoria Police, it's time to start living in the REAL world~!Lenny Thursday 8 July, 2010 - 5:18 AM
Policing requires fitness all round - it should not just apply to new recruits. If police can't do their job they need to be managed out of the job. This is just a joke. Overland looks like he could chase down a bad guy but others who work the van don't. Make them all stay fit so they can catch criminals.the Truth Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:49 PM
I dare wonderland and command do mental disorder tests as well.Wendy Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:00 PM
I think some psychiatric tests are also required for all police of or above the rank of Inspector.
There is no point focusing only on physical health and forgetting about mental health.Vicky Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 4:55 PM
Fitness tests should apply to all Police officers, new and existing.A healthy body a healthy mind.Tom Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 11:13 AM