- Whitlam home to be demolished
- Ross and John at the Cox Plate Breakfast
- The Block's tick of approval
- 'Cage fighting is safer'
- Plucky pupil skirts punishment
- Dog attacks and kills pet in park
- Real tastes of a far-away place
- Search for Swiss stonemason's heirs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
- IBARKER on How to NOT define shirtfront Suffer Putin?? more
- EVGENII on How to NOT define shirtfront What do you know about Russia more
Police question new fitness tests
The Police Association is questioning the relevance of a new fitness test for police recruits.
While the new test will not apply to current officers all new recruits will be expected to pass the test two times a year.
The Association's Greg Davies says the police need to fine tune the testing regime which includes push-ups, agility tests and swimming.
VIDEO: John Burns tries some of the new police fitness tests. Warning: John Burns may stick his finger up at you!
I do believe that it is just right that police officers gets a yearly fitness test because in my opinion it is a part of their job to be in top form all the time. I would however agree that there should be a different level of test for the the female officers.Classic kettlebell Monday 16 July, 2012 - 2:26 AM
Vicky, 100% agree~! It's time to introduce psychological testing for braid~! For far too long too many officers have been promoted PURELY on the basis of suspect crime statistics, instead of being promoted on "management ability", as in the ability to handle any given situation in a professional manner, particularly in relation to staff motivation & deployment. Too many braid live in their own little fantasy world and have become a 'protected species', surviving in the system only through lack of any independent accountability. Victoria Police has recently gone from one extreme to another, and the last thing we need in this state are do-good theorists who have no practical Police experience whatsoever, otherwise known as wankers~! Victoria Police also had a habit of promoting some psychologically disturbed staff, just to keep them occupied & out of the way. We need psychologically sound, professional managers & investigators, not rank amateurs with psychological disorders. Victoria Police, it's time to start living in the REAL world~!Lenny Thursday 8 July, 2010 - 5:18 AM
Policing requires fitness all round - it should not just apply to new recruits. If police can't do their job they need to be managed out of the job. This is just a joke. Overland looks like he could chase down a bad guy but others who work the van don't. Make them all stay fit so they can catch criminals.the Truth Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:49 PM
I dare wonderland and command do mental disorder tests as well.Wendy Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 5:00 PM
I think some psychiatric tests are also required for all police of or above the rank of Inspector.
There is no point focusing only on physical health and forgetting about mental health.Vicky Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 4:55 PM
Fitness tests should apply to all Police officers, new and existing.A healthy body a healthy mind.Tom Wednesday 7 July, 2010 - 11:13 AM