- Don't count on your inheritance
- ISIS: 'We get hate mail, the trolls are out'
- Whitlam home to be demolished
- Ross and John at the Cox Plate Breakfast
- The Block's tick of approval
- 'Cage fighting is safer'
- Plucky pupil skirts punishment
- Dog attacks and kills pet in park
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
- IBARKER on How to NOT define shirtfront Suffer Putin?? more
- EVGENII on How to NOT define shirtfront What do you know about Russia more
Private eyes want intervention order database access
Private detectives are being duped by clients into hunting for victims of domestic abuse who have been protected by court orders.
Offenders are being led by private investigators to former partners who are in hiding, prompting calls from Police Association secretary Greg Davies to allow investigators licenced by Victoria Police to gain access to IVO information.
Wayne Edwards from Harjan Investigators told 3AW Breakfast that while investigators do take precautions, having access to an IVO register would be beneficial.
"I'd like to actually go to my local police station, present my licence and say I'm doing a possible investigation on someone, is there any chance... can I check up to see if there are any active orders in place?” he said.
Mr Edwards said he asked clients a range to questions to assist any identifying any issues between them and the person they seek.
”"I'm pretty passionate because I've got a duty of care, not only for the client, but also for the person that I'm actually probably putting under investigation,” he said.
"What I need to go then is ask them a series of questions and try to identify anything that seems unusual or (any) red flags that's going to identify a possible problem that may exist."
LISTEN: Wayne Edwards from Harjan Investigators speaks with 3AW Breakfast:
My ex got a DVO against me for a txt message when I found out she was getting my children involved in a religious cult. There was no violence but she lied in court and said there was. Had she run off with our children what avenue's am I left with to find her ??? Most people mistakenly believe that these order's are to protect people from violence, unfortunatly they can also be used to control a person by making false alegations.John F Wednesday 24 October, 2012 - 10:40 AM