- Ela heads to Fu Manchu in Preston
- Ross and John’s list of Australian made products
- Paramedics ordered to stop handwritten political slogans on ambulances
- CT Scans increase cancer risk for children
- Most Victorians in jail since 1890
- Ross and John incredulous at Justin Bieber's 'Baby' making music history
- Ross and John’s list of beautiful places in Australia that no one has ever heard of
- Ross and John's gastronomical Footscray tour
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jeremy on Ross and John’s list of Australian made ... There aren't any more. You've managed to note them all. more
- Faye on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... Hi Ross and John, I would love to see Eggs and Bacon Bay in Tasmania, which is around 44 kms. from Hobart.Fascinating name! more
- fiona on Ela in B'Stilla South Yarra Ela, we would love you to recommend a great asian place to go to while we are visiting melbourne CBD.we are staying at the ... more
- mark on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... You can't go pass Wine Glass Bay in Tassie more
- john mitris on Ela Carte find a south eastern culinary ... Hi Could you please recommend a good quality Chinese or Vietnamese restaurant in the Northern suburbs or City.Thanks more
- Judy on Most Victorians in jail since 1890 I am distressed at this news. Only people who are a phyiscal danger to the community should locked up. All other crimes ... more
- Graeme on Most Victorians in jail since 1890 About time! Happy for my taxes to go towards getting and keeping scum off the streets........... more
- Peggy on Most Victorians in jail since 1890 Finally something being done.Even if the idiots don't think twice about committing violent crimes because of this, they will ... more
- Disgusted on Most Victorians in jail since 1890 Prison does not solve crime, it is simply an environment that makes disadvantaged people worse off and isolated.Crime rates ... more
- Peter on Ross and John's gastronomical Footscray ... Tony Cavallaro's Italian cakes and sweets are TO DIE FOR! The only pastry shop in Australia that compares to anything you ... more
- Graeme Frith on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... Hi FolksCould you let me know the name of the beautiful beach or bay in Tasmania that the German guy stays at Ross mentioned ... more
- Tricia on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... What was the name of the place outside of St Petersburg in Russia from today's program?Thanks Tricia more
- Helen on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... Please post the name of the beach in Tasmania that he German guy spoke about. more
- poptart on Ross and John incredulous at Justin ... Great song and great singer the new Elvis.The younger generation is certainly bound to disagree with you Ross and John. The ... more
- Barb on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... I would also like to know the name of the beach near Hobart as I did not have a pen. more
- Garry on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... Hi Ross John what was the name of the Beach in or near Hobart that the German person spends six months of the year at? I was ... more
- junk cars removal portland on Mass retail exodus in Bridge Road A salvage lot can present you with information on how to get these documents.The deals are completely installment less and ... more
- Frank on Why is there no rail link to the ... What about useing city link its just not fair on city link ,its not right to even talk about rail to the airport .. I ... more
- roger canruntojet on Why is there no rail link to the ... The Transcontinental Union Pacific and Central Pacific railway across USA was built in 7 years guess what, the Chinese did ... more
- fay silk on Organ donation up by 100 per cent I love the mobile execution vans that travel around china and harvest the dead condemned prisoners organs for usually rich ... more
Ross and John question why VFL footballers are drug tested, but surgeons are not
After news of three surgeons continuing to operate despite admitting to cocaine use, Ross and John say surgeons should ‘stultifying boring’, and have questioned why a ‘back pocket player for Sandringham’ gets drug tested when doctors do not.
Victorian Health Services Commissioner Beth Wilson said surgeons have an obligations to keep their patients safe, which requires them to be safe, well and healthy themselves.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Which other occupations require people to be 'stultifying boring'?
”"The difficulty is it is a euphoric-inducing substance and surgeons or anybody else may think they're just doing fine, when in fact they may not be,” she said.
”The problem with cocaine it is illegal. If you're taking an illegal substance, you're going to be dealing with criminals because your dealers will be breaking the law.
Ms Wilson said doctors earned many privileges, but when them carried very serious responsibility.
”I would hope that (cocaine use prevalence among doctors) was far less than in the general society, because being a registered doctor is a big responsibility,” she said.
LISTEN: Victorian Health Services Commissioner Beth Shaw speaks with Ross and John:
Hope I don't get any of these doctors performing surgery on me. Ms Wilson said the drug 'could make them believe they are doing a good job when they are not' so has to be detrimental to the patient. Has their records been checked to see if any of their patients have been harmed by their treatment?Willow Friday 26 October, 2012 - 3:14 PM
Why not all public officials?
The erratic and mostly incomprehensible decisions from Land Victoria and other divisions of DSE would suggest that most of the senior executives are on something.TFof LV Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 12:08 PM