- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- What are Victorians obsessed with?
- Ian Thorpe in intensive care
- Rumour File: Anzac Day clash shake-up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Ross and John question why VFL footballers are drug tested, but surgeons are not
After news of three surgeons continuing to operate despite admitting to cocaine use, Ross and John say surgeons should ‘stultifying boring’, and have questioned why a ‘back pocket player for Sandringham’ gets drug tested when doctors do not.
Victorian Health Services Commissioner Beth Wilson said surgeons have an obligations to keep their patients safe, which requires them to be safe, well and healthy themselves.
HAVE YOUR SAY: Which other occupations require people to be 'stultifying boring'?
”"The difficulty is it is a euphoric-inducing substance and surgeons or anybody else may think they're just doing fine, when in fact they may not be,” she said.
”The problem with cocaine it is illegal. If you're taking an illegal substance, you're going to be dealing with criminals because your dealers will be breaking the law.
Ms Wilson said doctors earned many privileges, but when them carried very serious responsibility.
”I would hope that (cocaine use prevalence among doctors) was far less than in the general society, because being a registered doctor is a big responsibility,” she said.
LISTEN: Victorian Health Services Commissioner Beth Shaw speaks with Ross and John:
Hope I don't get any of these doctors performing surgery on me. Ms Wilson said the drug 'could make them believe they are doing a good job when they are not' so has to be detrimental to the patient. Has their records been checked to see if any of their patients have been harmed by their treatment?Willow Friday 26 October, 2012 - 3:14 PM
Why not all public officials?
The erratic and mostly incomprehensible decisions from Land Victoria and other divisions of DSE would suggest that most of the senior executives are on something.TFof LV Thursday 25 October, 2012 - 12:08 PM