- Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he?
- Seoul Seoul, food with soul: Tregan reviews for 3AW Breakfast
- Chocolate company's Easter obstacle
- AC/DC confirms Malcolm Young illness
- Derrinallum bomb blast: The Colonel's obsession
- When and where: Melbourne's lunar eclipse
- Touching cover for Chrissy
- Magistrate: 'Worst drink-driving I've seen'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Dame Mylene on Late-night shopping for Melbourne It's been legal to open shops late since John Cain. JB was open until 10PM every night until it stopped being profitable. I ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Late-night shopping for Melbourne There is no need to open stores later in the city, the Mayor is out of touch. JB Hi Fi is already open til 9PM weekdays, ... more
- ian on Late-night shopping for Melbourne Gee I feel sorry tor the employees and owners,what tea at 8pm,???? No putting the kids to bed.This is a joke. more
- Saff on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I agree! He is so talented! more
- Dame Mylene on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Hopefully the producers of Underbelly don't hear about this. That show ran out of goodwill 4 years ago. Underbelly: Lawyer X ... more
- jgl Melb on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' Anyone who doesn't know the identity of this,so called,lawyer X has been living in a cave for the last 10 odd years. more
- Gloss on Sun silenced on 'Lawyer X' The Herald Sun obviously know the identity of Lawyer X, how would they feel if his/her name is 'leaked' and he/she is ... more
- Aria Judilla on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... Why do we need to label certain times of the year spring or summer or winter or spring anyway? Of what benefit is it? more
- mark on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... of course its april the 1st more
- Dame Mylene on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I'm with Tony Abbott. Who needs CSIRO scientists when you've got Dorothea Mackellar (of drought and flooding rains), Neil ... more
- Willow on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? I love Bruces' commentary and the informed info he gives along the way. more
- Gloria on Scrap spring for sprinter and sprummer: ... I have been saying all along that it is not Global Warming we are experiencing, it is Climate Change. I am 74 and the ... more
- Phillip Molly Malone on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I would be interested how many of the commenters here have kids going through this! I umpired my sons under 10s game and ... more
- Shane W on Bruce McAvaney's good, isn't he? Most unbiased commentator around. Keep it up Bruce. more
- Katie Rantall on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... I'm a tad confused I agree with all the comments Life is all bout winners, losers, perseverence, get knocked down U get back ... more
- Dame Mylene on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... People have to realise there's winners and losers in society. If we can drum it into them before they get to primary school ... more
- Susan on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... They need to do something as numbers are falling every year in junior footy, while Soccer numbers are rising. It's very ... more
- David Tait on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... If parents don't want the kids to win or lose, perhaps riding a bike would be better. The majority of all games are ... more
- Willow on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What incentive does this give the kids to 'play to win' as there are no winners. They don't have to put all their efforts in ... more
- Sinbad on Footy shake-up to change 'win-lose' ... What a load of crap ! Typical wimp policies from idiotic social engineers who believe everyone is equal and everyone should ... more
Sydney 'poisoned by envy and hate'
In Sydney, there are two cities. There is the Sydney we know, the harbour, the picture-postcard, the most beautiful place in the country. Then, there is the other side...
Many people have described the scenes in Sydney over the weekend as virtually Christians vs. Muslims.
I don't see it that way. I see it as Sydney vs. Melbourne.
Sydney is so poisoned by an atmosphere that has encouraged envy and hate. This problem goes back some twenty years ago.
There are enclaves in Sydney that have not moved. The politicians lack the will because these were seats they wanted to win.
Police say there are third-generation residents who still speak with an accent as if they arrived yesterday. They have not embraced multiculturalism and there has been no attempt to do it.
The local police have been forced to clean up this mess.
Disturbingly, we have an element of commentators in Melbourne that seem to be acting as though we've missed out on something. They are sort of gleefully suggesting it will happen here because it happened in Sydney.
That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the differences between Melbourne and Sydney.
Compare the riots with the terrorism raids that were conducted in Melbourne last week.
The Victoria Police took in the Muslim leaders, confided to them of what they were doing and the Muslim community were able to condemn the violence and the suggestions of terrorism about this small group.
It didn't become a Muslim issue, it became a loon bag issue.
In Melbourne, there is a problem with Lebanese crime gangs. There is a problem with African crime gangs. But the key to it is crime gangs, not their ethnicity.
Invariably, these groups from minorities get their power by preying and exhorting people in their own community.
In Melbourne, the police are working to change these habits. They work on the basis that the 18, 19-20 year olds are gone, they can't get to those. It's about the 12, 13 and 14-year olds. Police arrive in uniform, change the kid and now they're just normal guys.
That is the difference between Melbourne and Sydney.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Well I see it much differently. I see it as Sydneysiders versus wanton terrorist muslims who came out of their hidey holes to inflict their wrath of our CBD community! The whole disgusting episode should have been brought to an end on the instant by full on police deployment including their $850K water canon supported by helmets and long batons and mass arrests! Another shameful kid glove approach 'directed' by equally failed politicians!Justin J Thursday 20 September, 2012 - 7:59 AM
Jihad is a global fight, not Sydney Vs Melbourne. Don't you watch the world news Sly? The end game is total control of countries like they achieved in Egypt!Craig Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 4:26 PM