- Piggery Cafe at Burnham Beeches
- Is this Myer's most loyal employee?
- Ross and John at the Robert Burns Hotel
- Fad to famish: Australia running out of kale
- 'Rational people' will still fly with Malaysia
- Hird's back and raring to go
- $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy Laver
- Retired couple take on graffiti
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloria on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? Good on you Sue. I worked in an Administration job but got retrenched at 71, 3 years ago and hate being a pensioner, so keep ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Is this Myer's most loyal employee? I know this lady she is 89 years old. I wish I can still be working at this age. more
- Gary on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... What a nice gesture but after all the Government is only buying votes. With a State election coming up they need all the ... more
- ian on Retired couple take on graffiti Great work. more
- A Falkingham on Retired couple take on graffiti Stupid old fools. more
- Peggy on $8K and free rent for 101-year-old Ivy ... Congratulations to Ms Laver.The changes in the world she has seen and been a part of is so impressive.I wonder if smoking ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Retired couple take on graffiti Please dont call then "Street Artists" They are vandals plain and simple more
- Graham on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... It's not unusual. more
- bushiepete on Rumour File: Is Tom Jones coming to the ... I just hope he will be as good as lionel Ritchie was. he did rock the g for all ages. more
- PJ on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness Surely this principle applies to Benefits and Social Housing.Do people accept help as a life choice? Are we entrenching ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Generosity 'entrenching' homelessness The Salvation Army should recall what Jesus said: that people should give to the poor directly. ...go sell what you possess ... more
- Lukew on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Who in their right mind would complain about this? What drives people to want to make someone else's life worse? more
- Auguste Rodin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... If nothing is actionable in the video, the Gestapo have no right to demand its removal. Go and catch some real criminals!!! more
- Gloss on Foreign investors not to blame Bulltish!!!!!! more
- James on Foreign investors not to blame Well at least Real Estate agents and investors can finally stop boasting the wide held belief that "property doubles every 7 ... more
- Colin Lacivita on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... I can't believe how people actually believe that Sam was driving without his hands on the steering wheel. Everyone knows ... more
- jgl Melb on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... "Took his hands off the wheel"And we all know where he put them,or at least one of them. more
- tracy on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Bet a lot of the people complaining have not signed the sex offender register. Easier to whinge and whine about Sam Newman ... more
- Fran Barclay on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... Have you considered they may have been being towed on a low loader trailer like they use in the movies ? The camera work ... more
- darrin on 'Inconclusive': Police investigate Sam ... yes another example of the Victoria police doing there job looking at video's from a tv program while people get killed ... more
Sydney 'poisoned by envy and hate'
In Sydney, there are two cities. There is the Sydney we know, the harbour, the picture-postcard, the most beautiful place in the country. Then, there is the other side...
Many people have described the scenes in Sydney over the weekend as virtually Christians vs. Muslims.
I don't see it that way. I see it as Sydney vs. Melbourne.
Sydney is so poisoned by an atmosphere that has encouraged envy and hate. This problem goes back some twenty years ago.
There are enclaves in Sydney that have not moved. The politicians lack the will because these were seats they wanted to win.
Police say there are third-generation residents who still speak with an accent as if they arrived yesterday. They have not embraced multiculturalism and there has been no attempt to do it.
The local police have been forced to clean up this mess.
Disturbingly, we have an element of commentators in Melbourne that seem to be acting as though we've missed out on something. They are sort of gleefully suggesting it will happen here because it happened in Sydney.
That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the differences between Melbourne and Sydney.
Compare the riots with the terrorism raids that were conducted in Melbourne last week.
The Victoria Police took in the Muslim leaders, confided to them of what they were doing and the Muslim community were able to condemn the violence and the suggestions of terrorism about this small group.
It didn't become a Muslim issue, it became a loon bag issue.
In Melbourne, there is a problem with Lebanese crime gangs. There is a problem with African crime gangs. But the key to it is crime gangs, not their ethnicity.
Invariably, these groups from minorities get their power by preying and exhorting people in their own community.
In Melbourne, the police are working to change these habits. They work on the basis that the 18, 19-20 year olds are gone, they can't get to those. It's about the 12, 13 and 14-year olds. Police arrive in uniform, change the kid and now they're just normal guys.
That is the difference between Melbourne and Sydney.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Well I see it much differently. I see it as Sydneysiders versus wanton terrorist muslims who came out of their hidey holes to inflict their wrath of our CBD community! The whole disgusting episode should have been brought to an end on the instant by full on police deployment including their $850K water canon supported by helmets and long batons and mass arrests! Another shameful kid glove approach 'directed' by equally failed politicians!Justin J Thursday 20 September, 2012 - 7:59 AM
Jihad is a global fight, not Sydney Vs Melbourne. Don't you watch the world news Sly? The end game is total control of countries like they achieved in Egypt!Craig Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 4:26 PM