- Ela tastes Indian at Babu Ji
- Reporter recalls 'believable' Bill Vlahos
- Possums pinned in doomed trees
- Wearable kidneys offer hope
- Keka finally makes team photo
- 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi drivers
- Teens too hungover for school
- Which animal makes the best noise?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Tony on Possums pinned in doomed trees The way humans treat animals and do these types of things makes me utterly sick. more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... I think Mr Samuels needs to drive a taxi for a few weeks to get a better understanding of what really happens and how things ... more
- Mandi on Teens too hungover for school My niece told me one of her casual work acquaintances couldn't attend her 5 hr shift unless she could keep a vomit bag ... more
- Jason Wright on 'Backpackers' weed out rogue taxi ... Here is an idea for you Graeme Samuels, How about you go drive a taxi for a week and really see what happens in the real ... more
- Gerry on Both parties plan to offload port If the Labor party didn't waste BILLONS on the desal plant and all other crackpot Labor and Green policies, we would have ... more
- Stephen Pitney on After the AFL Wall falls International development of Australian football is essential to make the game relevant and sustainable. Just like every ... more
- Bee on After the AFL Wall falls Bring back black and white rules (nothing to do with Collingwood) there are too many open to interpretation even the players ... more
- Craig on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee It's a disgrace. An outrage. And numbers will be up this year and all the sheep will pay, and pay and pay. Thank God i gave ... more
- mylene on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee Concert goers have had to put up with this for years. The Melbourne Recital Centre also asks for a 'donation' when you book. more
- Christine on Footy fans charged 'crazy' new fee How is this allowed to happen? It's day light robbery and unethical business practice. more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Heavy prisoners' blame Bayley for ... so who really cares..... more
- r on Study shows mammograms useless The mammogram did not pick up the cancer that my mum had but the ultrasound did so they are not 100% please be aware of that. more
- Rosemary on Study shows mammograms useless at 43 I found a lump in my breast. Surgeon sent me for mammo & ultrasound. Mammo found nothing, ultrasound found 2 cancerous ... more
- Jill on Study shows mammograms useless Tough titty's to the 25 year old study....I WILL STILL BE HAVING MY REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FOR THE SAKE OF NOT ONLY MY OWN ... more
- Jackie on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... I rarely use Myki as I live in country Vic but I know that the green one, gives you the message, saying that you've touched ... more
- Sharon Williams on Blue Myki scanner costs commuter $200 ... Seriously? I hope the fine was withdrawn, beaurocracy gone mad. more
- Dave gelbart on Shopper chases down runaway racehorse Question for john..Was I in the right place at the wrong time?Dave gelbart more
- Gloria on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers Although had seen it before I watched 'School of Rock' on Eleven as don't much like 'Rake' and was never going to watch ... more
- Lynne List on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers I wanted to watch both Schapelle and INXS but INXS won only because I'm a huge fan and I was peeved off 9 moved it. With ... more
- Robstar on INXS telemovie a hit with viewers It's kind of ironic how Underbelly:INXS showed the band "accidentally" bringing drugs into a country, being forced to scoff ... more
Sydney 'poisoned by envy and hate'
In Sydney, there are two cities. There is the Sydney we know, the harbour, the picture-postcard, the most beautiful place in the country. Then, there is the other side...
Many people have described the scenes in Sydney over the weekend as virtually Christians vs. Muslims.
I don't see it that way. I see it as Sydney vs. Melbourne.
Sydney is so poisoned by an atmosphere that has encouraged envy and hate. This problem goes back some twenty years ago.
There are enclaves in Sydney that have not moved. The politicians lack the will because these were seats they wanted to win.
Police say there are third-generation residents who still speak with an accent as if they arrived yesterday. They have not embraced multiculturalism and there has been no attempt to do it.
The local police have been forced to clean up this mess.
Disturbingly, we have an element of commentators in Melbourne that seem to be acting as though we've missed out on something. They are sort of gleefully suggesting it will happen here because it happened in Sydney.
That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the differences between Melbourne and Sydney.
Compare the riots with the terrorism raids that were conducted in Melbourne last week.
The Victoria Police took in the Muslim leaders, confided to them of what they were doing and the Muslim community were able to condemn the violence and the suggestions of terrorism about this small group.
It didn't become a Muslim issue, it became a loon bag issue.
In Melbourne, there is a problem with Lebanese crime gangs. There is a problem with African crime gangs. But the key to it is crime gangs, not their ethnicity.
Invariably, these groups from minorities get their power by preying and exhorting people in their own community.
In Melbourne, the police are working to change these habits. They work on the basis that the 18, 19-20 year olds are gone, they can't get to those. It's about the 12, 13 and 14-year olds. Police arrive in uniform, change the kid and now they're just normal guys.
That is the difference between Melbourne and Sydney.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Well I see it much differently. I see it as Sydneysiders versus wanton terrorist muslims who came out of their hidey holes to inflict their wrath of our CBD community! The whole disgusting episode should have been brought to an end on the instant by full on police deployment including their $850K water canon supported by helmets and long batons and mass arrests! Another shameful kid glove approach 'directed' by equally failed politicians!Justin J Thursday 20 September, 2012 - 7:59 AM
Jihad is a global fight, not Sydney Vs Melbourne. Don't you watch the world news Sly? The end game is total control of countries like they achieved in Egypt!Craig Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 4:26 PM