- Ross and John incredulous at Justin Bieber's 'Baby' making music history
- Ross and John’s list of beautiful places in Australia that no one has ever heard of
- Ross and John's gastronomical Footscray tour
- Why is there no rail link to the airport?
- Call for children under 16 to be banned from quad bike riding
- Miniature houses quick, cheap and loveable
- Does this advertisement trivialise depression?
- Organ donation up by 100 per cent
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry on Ross and John’s list of beautiful ... Hi Ross John what was the name of the Beach in or near Hobart that the German person spends six months of the year at? I was ... more
- mylene on Does this advertisement trivialise ... I didn't see the ad in The Age. Depressed men must favour The Herald Sun. :) more
- mylene on Why is there no rail link to the ... There's a guy and there's a deal and there's a confidentiality clause. Join the dots. ;) more
- POOR DOG on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... It was sad for both dogs, but the dog put down was the American staffy after been punched in the face at least 40 times to ... more
- Jim on Does this advertisement trivialise ... They could have at least picked a winning team to put the message out. The Demons would get anyone down at the moment! more
- Jillian on Does this advertisement trivialise ... Sadly people with depression has to fight their own personal 'DEMONS' on a day to day basis. Mental illness is on the rise ... more
- Aria Judilla on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... You're correct Mylene. Like the stupid smokers you mentioned they need to be regulated and slowly phased out from society. more
- Ivan@kinnane on Does this advertisement trivialise ... Well it certainly got everyone's attention! more
- Rob on Does this advertisement trivialise ... The lady from beyond blue who called up and said the advertisement was done to try and get men's attention, because "it's ... more
- Brian Myerson on Organ donation up by 100 per cent OTA, the Organ and Tissue Authority was established in January 2009. In Australia, for the year ended 31 December 2008 there ... more
- No Thanks on 'Cats fighting over a rancid sandwich' She's no big deal. I'm quite she there are plenty of others who could take her place. more
- Ken of Euroa on Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo ... Wow what a story....zoo worker scratched on the finger by sharp thing! Hold the presses this is bigger than Watergate! more
- Andrew on Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being ... Poor Daisy - What chance does she have? Another first round selection by Melbourne!!!!!!! more
- Susan on Daisy Pearce 'overwhelmed' at being ... We have women's football, women's netball, women's cricket...all thriving sports for women, yet none can't get a interview ... more
- David R on Sharp scare 'Gibbon' to Melbourne Zoo ... This is news.. you will be reporting paper cuts soon!! more
- mylene on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... Dog owners are the smokers of the 21st Century. :) more
- Ivan@kinnane on Ella Hooper leaves Nine red-faced Ella was 13 when she first fronted Killing Heidi. She used to wear some provocative outfits! So interesting comments from ... more
- Ross on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Agree Peninsula Ambo.Paramedics are constantly called out to attend patients who are better off seeking a GP's opinion or ... more
- Peninsula Ambo on Rumour File: Ramping issue caused ... Ramping I believe is NOT the issue here, and with all other cases in the media. The problem solely lies in the call taking ... more
- Peggy on Rumour File: Vicious dog attack spills ... The ONLY was to stop this is to punish the stupid, irrisponsible owners.You can't blame a gun for killing someone. It's the ... more
Sydney 'poisoned by envy and hate'
In Sydney, there are two cities. There is the Sydney we know, the harbour, the picture-postcard, the most beautiful place in the country. Then, there is the other side...
Many people have described the scenes in Sydney over the weekend as virtually Christians vs. Muslims.
I don't see it that way. I see it as Sydney vs. Melbourne.
Sydney is so poisoned by an atmosphere that has encouraged envy and hate. This problem goes back some twenty years ago.
There are enclaves in Sydney that have not moved. The politicians lack the will because these were seats they wanted to win.
Police say there are third-generation residents who still speak with an accent as if they arrived yesterday. They have not embraced multiculturalism and there has been no attempt to do it.
The local police have been forced to clean up this mess.
Disturbingly, we have an element of commentators in Melbourne that seem to be acting as though we've missed out on something. They are sort of gleefully suggesting it will happen here because it happened in Sydney.
That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the differences between Melbourne and Sydney.
Compare the riots with the terrorism raids that were conducted in Melbourne last week.
The Victoria Police took in the Muslim leaders, confided to them of what they were doing and the Muslim community were able to condemn the violence and the suggestions of terrorism about this small group.
It didn't become a Muslim issue, it became a loon bag issue.
In Melbourne, there is a problem with Lebanese crime gangs. There is a problem with African crime gangs. But the key to it is crime gangs, not their ethnicity.
Invariably, these groups from minorities get their power by preying and exhorting people in their own community.
In Melbourne, the police are working to change these habits. They work on the basis that the 18, 19-20 year olds are gone, they can't get to those. It's about the 12, 13 and 14-year olds. Police arrive in uniform, change the kid and now they're just normal guys.
That is the difference between Melbourne and Sydney.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Well I see it much differently. I see it as Sydneysiders versus wanton terrorist muslims who came out of their hidey holes to inflict their wrath of our CBD community! The whole disgusting episode should have been brought to an end on the instant by full on police deployment including their $850K water canon supported by helmets and long batons and mass arrests! Another shameful kid glove approach 'directed' by equally failed politicians!Justin J Thursday 20 September, 2012 - 7:59 AM
Jihad is a global fight, not Sydney Vs Melbourne. Don't you watch the world news Sly? The end game is total control of countries like they achieved in Egypt!Craig Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 4:26 PM