- ISIS: 'We get hate mail, the trolls are out'
- Whitlam home to be demolished
- Ross and John at the Cox Plate Breakfast
- The Block's tick of approval
- 'Cage fighting is safer'
- Plucky pupil skirts punishment
- Dog attacks and kills pet in park
- Real tastes of a far-away place
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- IBARKER on 'Cage fighting is safer' Animals Fighting Animals more
- Belinda on 'Cage fighting is safer' You have got to be joking don't you?What pleasure do you get out of watching someone get bashed.Bloody barbaric,stupid, ... more
- MICHAEL KENNA on 'Cage fighting is safer' MMA is a discipline that is already legal and permitted by state legislation.The problem is the fact that a boxing ring is ... more
- CHRIS WATTS on 'Cage fighting is safer' good old 'bling bling' Lay....living in the past, as usualall he has to do is enforce the law NOT giving us his opinion. more
- poppitt on 'Cage fighting is safer' Labour has gone mad. Is this to get the votes of the young men? Really. This is not a sport. The last thing we need is more ... more
- Stephen on Whitlam home to be demolished It's an ex-PM's house! really does it matter? You'll be protecting Julia's house down at Altona next!! more
- Mark on Foreign investors flock to Melbourne The FIRB should be renamed to FARB the foreign acquisition review board more
- Ray on How to NOT define shirtfront I just came here to read the comments more
- Catherine on How to NOT define shirtfront People seem to lack insight about this. Although Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians, people should think about ... more
- Jan on How to NOT define shirtfront Putin should be shirtfronted. more
- Jamie on How to NOT define shirtfront Benny says in his comment "you just need to cop stuff on the chin and move on". Someone needs to shirtfront you for making ... more
- IBARKER on The eyes don't work! Typical bike rider. more
- Stephen Devereux on How to NOT define shirtfront would have been simpler to deny Putin a visa more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront putin by a ko easy more
- Hooksy of the Bush on The eyes don't work! Sorry Chris, it is done up. It's just not done up tight enough. more
- bc on How to NOT define shirtfront what a fool this dog abbott is .Yes he was a boxer in his earlier days he was called KID CANDLE ONE BLOW AND HE WAS OUT more
- Greg on The eyes don't work! You big sook! more
- Tommy on How to NOT define shirtfront Vladimir Putin was awarded the highest rank in taekwondo, giving him honorary grandmaster status.It means the president has ... more
- IBARKER on How to NOT define shirtfront Suffer Putin?? more
- EVGENII on How to NOT define shirtfront What do you know about Russia more
Sydney 'poisoned by envy and hate'
In Sydney, there are two cities. There is the Sydney we know, the harbour, the picture-postcard, the most beautiful place in the country. Then, there is the other side...
Many people have described the scenes in Sydney over the weekend as virtually Christians vs. Muslims.
I don't see it that way. I see it as Sydney vs. Melbourne.
Sydney is so poisoned by an atmosphere that has encouraged envy and hate. This problem goes back some twenty years ago.
There are enclaves in Sydney that have not moved. The politicians lack the will because these were seats they wanted to win.
Police say there are third-generation residents who still speak with an accent as if they arrived yesterday. They have not embraced multiculturalism and there has been no attempt to do it.
The local police have been forced to clean up this mess.
Disturbingly, we have an element of commentators in Melbourne that seem to be acting as though we've missed out on something. They are sort of gleefully suggesting it will happen here because it happened in Sydney.
That is a fundamental misunderstanding of the differences between Melbourne and Sydney.
Compare the riots with the terrorism raids that were conducted in Melbourne last week.
The Victoria Police took in the Muslim leaders, confided to them of what they were doing and the Muslim community were able to condemn the violence and the suggestions of terrorism about this small group.
It didn't become a Muslim issue, it became a loon bag issue.
In Melbourne, there is a problem with Lebanese crime gangs. There is a problem with African crime gangs. But the key to it is crime gangs, not their ethnicity.
Invariably, these groups from minorities get their power by preying and exhorting people in their own community.
In Melbourne, the police are working to change these habits. They work on the basis that the 18, 19-20 year olds are gone, they can't get to those. It's about the 12, 13 and 14-year olds. Police arrive in uniform, change the kid and now they're just normal guys.
That is the difference between Melbourne and Sydney.
Ross Stevenson and John Burns entertain listeners with their razor sharp wit and oddball humour every morning. And every day the best segments of their on-air - and sometimes off-air - program are published on 3AW.com.au.
Well I see it much differently. I see it as Sydneysiders versus wanton terrorist muslims who came out of their hidey holes to inflict their wrath of our CBD community! The whole disgusting episode should have been brought to an end on the instant by full on police deployment including their $850K water canon supported by helmets and long batons and mass arrests! Another shameful kid glove approach 'directed' by equally failed politicians!Justin J Thursday 20 September, 2012 - 7:59 AM
Jihad is a global fight, not Sydney Vs Melbourne. Don't you watch the world news Sly? The end game is total control of countries like they achieved in Egypt!Craig Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 4:26 PM