- Royal prank DJ quits radio
- New Royal Children's Hospital 'too small'
- Trucks explode in fiery collision
- Australian students falling behind global counterparts
- Rolling Stones add five concert dates to Australia tour
- TAC launches Safer P Platers campaign
- Upset Bieber fans want their money back
- Lollipop lady hit by car, denied compensation
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jim on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What has happened to the old hospital? Can't it still be used to treat patients more
- Dan from Wheelers Hill on Trucks explode in fiery collision I love it when all of these anti-truck nutters come out and start bagging the entire industry just because they perceive ... more
- mylene on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... In opposition Ted said it was too small but he still stood next to the Queen when she opened it. more
- Christine on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... What incompetent fools were in charge of this project? more
- Damien Tyl on Trucks explode in fiery collision Quick judgement by a pack of morons that hav no road sense whatsoever to even comment the way u hav on such a tragedy u ... more
- Garry on New Royal Children's Hospital 'too ... When this New Hospital was being built, I am sure I remember Neilo having a story that the new U Beaut hospital was going to ... more
- tony elsworthy on Trucks explode in fiery collision well I drove this highway for 10 yrs most of it was over night express so wot half of yous gona call me a cowboy coz I did ... more
- Craig on Rolling Stones add five concert dates ... Dont know how i am going to afford it, but i wont miss the Stones for anything. Saw them in 95, 03 & 06. They actually get ... more
- Craig on Trucks explode in fiery collision Time the state/Federal Government got off their ass and spent some money and make this a divided road...they have it...stop ... more
- Kenny Moore on Trucks explode in fiery collision All I really have to say is all the do gooders that are canning truck drivers , how about they get actual fact before ... more
- DORIS on Trucks explode in fiery collision Is is sad to hear. On all negative comments about the truck drivers remember who put the food in the supermarkets! About ... more
- wayne on Trucks explode in fiery collision roger, why didn't you slow down a little when you can plainly see that the truck is coming up to pass in the overtaking ... more
- Dave From Great Western on Trucks explode in fiery collision This latest accident occurred just a couple of Km's from my town where more than 3000 trucks pass through,each day on the ... more
- Sean on Trucks explode in fiery collision I am sick and tired of seeing a blame game on truck drivers.As soon as there is a report of an incident it is always the ... more
- Denise Butler on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travel this road without any problems with trucki. In fact when I come up behind a truck I usually stay behind the, ... more
- Lukey J on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger, I myself drive trucks for a living. I'm all for everyone to have the right to one's opinion. But there are some bad ... more
- Michael Real on Trucks explode in fiery collision I agree with Roger's comments. Out on the Princes Freeway east of Melb you are tailgated, intimidated and overtaken by ... more
- Jed Maxwell on Trucks explode in fiery collision I travelled that area of Victoria for a few weeks last month. Many of the truck drivers apper to be complete nutters, ... more
- Tristan on Trucks explode in fiery collision Roger with all due respect a I'm speaking for most truck drivers not all because there are some bad ones . Most car speedos ... more
- Roger on Trucks explode in fiery collision My wife and I drove back from Adelaide on the Western Highway last April. The standard of driving of trucks was ... more
Sydneysiders more hostile towards Muslims than Melburnians
Image: Sydneysiders take part in the 'Cronulla Riots' to denounce the Lebanese. (Dean Sewell)
Research shows hostility towards Muslims is far more widespread in Sydney than in Melbourne due to a higher, more concentrated Islamic population and differing attitudes to social integration.
29 per cent of Sydneysiders hold a negative perception of Muslims, compared with just 15 per cent of Melburnians.
Speaking with Ross and John, author of the Mapping Social Cohesion Report, Professor Andrew Markus from Monash University, said Sydney’s ‘in-your-face’ media also played a part in attitudes.
"They have this sort of in-your-face media which really doesn't go down very well in Melbourne. People actually like a more reasoned and less in-your-face discussion," he said.
”One of the things that Victorians are distinctive for, and particularly Melburnians, is they probably work harder at the business of integration.
”We've got governments and we've got oppositions that agree on policies of multiculturalism.”
Professor Markus said Sydney also had at least a 25 per cent higher Muslim population compared to Melbourne, who lived in concentrated migrant communities. He said in Melbourne, the Muslim communities were more widely dispersed.
LISTEN: Professor Andrew Markus speaks with Ross and John:
With constant bickering over their own problems abroad and here(objection to Ham Sandwich and Christmas out of street signs etc) ,no wonder locals are afraid of Muslims in Australia. Attempts to overturn Australian ethos is abhorrent and bound to create hostilityaustin theodore Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 9:38 AM
I live in NSW and I find 2UE too offensive, except ross greenwood, (now that I don't trust the ABC) I have very little radio to listen to. so I've can take 3AW, Melbourne is not so red-neck like sydney, these red-necks are making sure of an ALP win, like the hard right teabags in the USA!niki Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 12:06 PM
We will wake up when its too late,if they get a few of them in parliment they will pass their own laws>!Steve Tuesday 6 November, 2012 - 12:11 PM
mark my words there will be trouble between muslims and and the rest of australians in the near future you only have to see what has happened overseas wake up now before its to latelw ross Monday 5 November, 2012 - 9:16 AM