- Palmer: 'Mongrels' an 'accurate reflection'
- Laneway culture to hit Geelong
- Aldi takes on big two
- ‘He is very plugged into the real world’
- Dick Smith calls for small population
- Australia’s seventh state
- Public housing sell off slammed
- Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed Islamic State leader
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on ‘He is very plugged into the real world’ My grand-daughter has four children from 9 to 3. The two boys 9 and 7 have no other way to get to school than Mum driving ... more
- Geoff on ‘He is very plugged into the real world’ Hockey said: 'the poorest people Ã?Â?Ã?Âeither donÃ?Â¢Ã?Â?Ã?Â?t have cars or actually donÃ?Â¢Ã?Â?Ã?Â?t drive very far in ... more
- ElitTzur on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... To Nargis Could you please elaborate on your statement: "With the exception of self defence under oppression or matters of ... more
- Georgia on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Well said Nargis, it is maniacs like him who make life so much more difficult for the decent muslims. I also know muslim ... more
- Christine Williams on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... SHOCKING !!!!! more
- Ali. on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Lets not forget. That western countries haveing supporting these people for ages more
- simon chamberlain on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... i just listened to the interview with that islamic extremist.i am in shock that the world seems to have another hitler and a ... more
- Natasha on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Unfortunately Australia I believe is finally realising the true reality of extremist Islam and even are few are so damaging ... more
- Adhil on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Thats not omar shishani. Thats a poser more
- Sam on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Worried more
- Nargis on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... As a law abiding muslim-Australian, I condemn and utterly reject the views held by this heartless criminal.His views DO NOT ... more
- GEMMA PARKS on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... THEY ARE ALL NUTS....get these war mongers out of MY COUNTRY! NOW. more
- Diane Antonopoulos on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... How frightening.I worry about my children and their children what will their lives be like?The trouble with all of this is ... more
- Lyn Gallagher on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Omar Shishani sounds like a bad actor in a B grade movie. His references to wifies and doggies is very bizarre in his ... more
- Simone on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... So what gets me, and its been no secret, that they are going after Iran next and followed by Mecca, why its expected the ... more
- shlomo Gurewicz on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... HI Tom And the world expects Israel to make peace with Hamass/Isis more
- Tony Logue on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... I believe listening to that interview with the Muslim leader, I have just unfortunatley been part of an unnerving historical ... more
- Dave on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... "I'll give it some thought.":) hahaha awesome. more
- Andrew on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... I fear for my Kids future when you have mental cases like this in charge of armed forces.These kind of people only know ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New super tower will match Eureka Melbourne is nearly 100 years behind New York City. These new skyscrapers are no big deal to me when New York's Empire State ... more
Australian Apple devices hacked
Australian users of Apple technology have had their devices hijacked by hackers who are then demanding a ransom to unlock their products.
Some owners of iPhones, iPads and Mac computers have reported receiving a pop-up message alerting them to seizure of their devices.
Former Victoria Police superintendent Tony Warren told 3AW Drive he was startled in the middle of the night by the hackers infiltrating his iPad.
"About 1am this morning I was nicely awoken by a fairly loud alarm going on my iPad," Mr Warren told Tom Elliott.
"I got it and switched it on to see what was going on and when I opened it up - I have a code to open it - the alarm went off.
"No sooner had that stopped than an alarm went off on my iPhone, and then my wife's iPhone, and then my wife's iPad. So all four were going off.
"Basically the message was that I had been hacked by Oleg Pliss, was the name given, to contact him on a telephone number... and pay $50 to unlock my iPhone and iPad."
LISTEN IN FULL: Tony Warren tells Tom Elliott how his devices were hacked
Trevor Long from YourTechLife.com said these hacks are a serious threat to personal security but has no doubt Apple will swiftly fix the problem.
"Clearly someone has obtained the user names, i.e email addresses, and passwords of individuals.
"This will be a group of people, and it will be spreading now because people who have that information... will start this scam themselves."
Mr Long said Apple users should promptly change their password to prevent this happening to them.
IT security expert Troy Hunt told Denis Walter it is unclear how the hackers are gaining access to the Apple products but the cases appear to be isolated to Australia.
"The news that we're seeing, and this is really only in the last 24 hours, seems to be centralised around Australia," he said.
"I guess what's odd about that is obviously Apple, iOS and iCloud is a global service.
"So there seems to be something that's putting us at risk in Australia that we're not quite clear on yet."
What part of the hacker's message looks like on an iMac screen (Fairfax images)
LISTEN IN FULL: Troy Hunt speaks to 3AW Afternoons
LISTEN IN FULL: Tony Warren speaks to Tom Elliott