- 'The Age' boss questions ALP claims
- 'Drug addiction is not a disease'
- Study: Kids exposed to gambling 'worse off'
- Scrapping bus line will hurt elderly
- Asylum seekers to be brought to shore
- 'Sending porn at work is not ok'
- 'Fifi's apology was half-baked'
- Kids bullied, adults 'unaware'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peggy on Asylum seekers to be brought to shore But they are not at risk. War is over and has been for a long time. Tamils live in Sri Lanka so why are these particular ... more
- Michael on 'Sending porn at work is not ok' To be perfectly fair, they didn't say that it "was okay to send porn at work", they are saying that doing so should be ... more
- Tania on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Seriously 3AW, please explain the facts. Parking was NOT denied to anyone, it was 6am in the morning. It was a mistake, ... more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' And for all you non Fox listeners Fifi Box Formally apologised this morning on air - the podcast is on there website more
- Chris Teller on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' She should be sentenced to a community service order. Preferably some service in the disabled community. more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' All the angry people on here are so funny. . . What mistake have you made lately ?And before you get started on my comments ... more
- leigh on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' As a person with autism , i actually think Fifi IS disabled , MORALLY !!! I also think it IS a laughing matter ;-)))) more
- sam on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' This is crap!!! You took the situation out of context, she didn't mean to park there and she was embarrassed by people ... more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' What a Joke . . . She came on air on fox and confessed that she did something wrong and didnÃ¢Â?Â?t realise Tom is the ... more
- Trent on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Who really gives two rats ! get over it tom and 3aw there are worse things going on in the world than FiFi Box parlking in ... more
- FG on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' As the parent of two kids with disabilities that often can't find a parking spot because they are taken up by selfish jerks, ... more
- Ruth on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Fifi, What gives you the right to use a disabled parking spot, your own self importance I guess. It is about time using what ... more
- Molly on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Look I'm not Fifi Box's greatest fan either, but if you actually listened to the whole story you would hear her explanation, ... more
- Owen Holbert on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' SHAME...SHAME...SHAME perhaps if after 20 years with a disability(me with MS)AND paying for a parking permit you might ... more
- Jan Lannan on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Fifi Box shld at least apologize & give money 2 Disability Charity I also am sick & tired of able people taking disability ... more
- Tamatha on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I hope you get fined, by your own admission of guilt, for parking in disability parking. These spaces are so limited it's ... more
- audrey stanaway on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I think it's disgusting. I have a disabled sticker and I actually see people do this. I also asked a male who had parked in ... more
- Melinda on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I get so sick of people questioning us about parking in disabled parking spots.....I have a child with a wheelchair and ... more
- Lukew on World's most liveable? Who cares I couldn't agree more. I couldn't care less what other people thought about Melbourne; it is a great city and we should ... more
- Marion Barnes on Don't 'erase' memory of Harris failing Try asking his victims this question. I'm betting they are wishing they could erase him from their memories. more
Australian Apple devices hacked
Australian users of Apple technology have had their devices hijacked by hackers who are then demanding a ransom to unlock their products.
Some owners of iPhones, iPads and Mac computers have reported receiving a pop-up message alerting them to seizure of their devices.
Former Victoria Police superintendent Tony Warren told 3AW Drive he was startled in the middle of the night by the hackers infiltrating his iPad.
"About 1am this morning I was nicely awoken by a fairly loud alarm going on my iPad," Mr Warren told Tom Elliott.
"I got it and switched it on to see what was going on and when I opened it up - I have a code to open it - the alarm went off.
"No sooner had that stopped than an alarm went off on my iPhone, and then my wife's iPhone, and then my wife's iPad. So all four were going off.
"Basically the message was that I had been hacked by Oleg Pliss, was the name given, to contact him on a telephone number... and pay $50 to unlock my iPhone and iPad."
LISTEN IN FULL: Tony Warren tells Tom Elliott how his devices were hacked
Trevor Long from YourTechLife.com said these hacks are a serious threat to personal security but has no doubt Apple will swiftly fix the problem.
"Clearly someone has obtained the user names, i.e email addresses, and passwords of individuals.
"This will be a group of people, and it will be spreading now because people who have that information... will start this scam themselves."
Mr Long said Apple users should promptly change their password to prevent this happening to them.
IT security expert Troy Hunt told Denis Walter it is unclear how the hackers are gaining access to the Apple products but the cases appear to be isolated to Australia.
"The news that we're seeing, and this is really only in the last 24 hours, seems to be centralised around Australia," he said.
"I guess what's odd about that is obviously Apple, iOS and iCloud is a global service.
"So there seems to be something that's putting us at risk in Australia that we're not quite clear on yet."
What part of the hacker's message looks like on an iMac screen (Fairfax images)
LISTEN IN FULL: Troy Hunt speaks to 3AW Afternoons
LISTEN IN FULL: Tony Warren speaks to Tom Elliott