- New super tower will match Eureka
- 'Those who tampered with the tape should be dismissed'
- Melbourne to employ a 'resilience officer'
- 'I think a line has been crossed'
- Painless way to slash health costs
- 'The Age' boss questions ALP claims
- 'Drug addiction is not a disease'
- Study: Kids exposed to gambling 'worse off'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peggy on Asylum seekers to be brought to shore But they are not at risk. War is over and has been for a long time. Tamils live in Sri Lanka so why are these particular ... more
- Michael on 'Sending porn at work is not ok' To be perfectly fair, they didn't say that it "was okay to send porn at work", they are saying that doing so should be ... more
- Tania on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Seriously 3AW, please explain the facts. Parking was NOT denied to anyone, it was 6am in the morning. It was a mistake, ... more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' And for all you non Fox listeners Fifi Box Formally apologised this morning on air - the podcast is on there website more
- Chris Teller on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' She should be sentenced to a community service order. Preferably some service in the disabled community. more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' All the angry people on here are so funny. . . What mistake have you made lately ?And before you get started on my comments ... more
- leigh on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' As a person with autism , i actually think Fifi IS disabled , MORALLY !!! I also think it IS a laughing matter ;-)))) more
- sam on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' This is crap!!! You took the situation out of context, she didn't mean to park there and she was embarrassed by people ... more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' What a Joke . . . She came on air on fox and confessed that she did something wrong and didnÃ¢Â?Â?t realise Tom is the ... more
- Trent on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Who really gives two rats ! get over it tom and 3aw there are worse things going on in the world than FiFi Box parlking in ... more
- FG on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' As the parent of two kids with disabilities that often can't find a parking spot because they are taken up by selfish jerks, ... more
- Ruth on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Fifi, What gives you the right to use a disabled parking spot, your own self importance I guess. It is about time using what ... more
- Molly on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Look I'm not Fifi Box's greatest fan either, but if you actually listened to the whole story you would hear her explanation, ... more
- Owen Holbert on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' SHAME...SHAME...SHAME perhaps if after 20 years with a disability(me with MS)AND paying for a parking permit you might ... more
- Jan Lannan on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Fifi Box shld at least apologize & give money 2 Disability Charity I also am sick & tired of able people taking disability ... more
- Tamatha on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I hope you get fined, by your own admission of guilt, for parking in disability parking. These spaces are so limited it's ... more
- audrey stanaway on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I think it's disgusting. I have a disabled sticker and I actually see people do this. I also asked a male who had parked in ... more
- Melinda on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I get so sick of people questioning us about parking in disabled parking spots.....I have a child with a wheelchair and ... more
- Lukew on World's most liveable? Who cares I couldn't agree more. I couldn't care less what other people thought about Melbourne; it is a great city and we should ... more
- Marion Barnes on Don't 'erase' memory of Harris failing Try asking his victims this question. I'm betting they are wishing they could erase him from their memories. more
'Leave Frances Abbott alone'
Frances Abbott, in some people’s minds, has controversially received a scholarship to study at the Whitehouse Institute of Design.
People are looking at this and saying ‘there must be something wrong here’, ‘was she qualified enough to get this scholarship?’, ‘Isn’t the institute's founder mates with the Prime Minister?’.
Now I’ve got to say, I really think all this focus on the Prime Minister’s daughters is unfair.
I really believe in politics, especially in Australian politics, you don’t elect a family, you elect an individual.
Have a go at Tony Abbott all you like, and let’s be honest, there’s plenty of reasons to have a good go at the Prime Minister whether it’s the budget or other things about him, but I think having a go at his family isn’t right.
I remember with Kevin Rudd’s wife, Therese, people had a go at her because she was so rich.
I always found that a bit like the tall poppy syndrome.
Why would you have a go at a woman just because she’s made a lot of money and created a very successful business?
Now yes, the Prime Minister did bring his daughters out on the electoral stump before the election.
They were with him on many opportunities. But they are people with their own lives, their own minds, they are not the people we elected.
I don’t think anybody really voted for Tony Abbott because of his daughters, and if you did, then frankly, you need your head read.
I just think this focus, this questioning of a scholarship to Frances Abbott, I think it’s unfair.
She is a young lady, she’s got her own life to lead, she did not run in the last election, it’s her father, I think she needs to be left alone.
I feel uncomfortable when the families of politicians are brought into the limelight.
Yes, Tony Abbott did use his daughters during the election campaign. I was uncomfortable with that and I’m uncomfortable now, with the attention they’re getting.
CLICK HERE to read Victoria Rollison's open letter to Frances Abbott