- 'Fifi's apology was half-baked'
- Kids bullied, adults 'unaware'
- Abbott 'unpopular' among young people
- World's most liveable? Who cares
- Children need a 'media blackout'
- 'You would think they would learn'
- Don't 'erase' memory of Harris failing
- 'It's a nasty place, bodies everywhere'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- leigh on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' As a person with autism , i actually think Fifi IS disabled , MORALLY !!! I also think it IS a laughing matter ;-)))) more
- sam on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' This is crap!!! You took the situation out of context, she didn't mean to park there and she was embarrassed by people ... more
- Daniel on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' What a Joke . . . She came on air on fox and confessed that she did something wrong and didnÃ¢Â?Â?t realise Tom is the ... more
- Trent on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Who really gives two rats ! get over it tom and 3aw there are worse things going on in the world than FiFi Box parlking in ... more
- FG on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' As the parent of two kids with disabilities that often can't find a parking spot because they are taken up by selfish jerks, ... more
- Ruth on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Fifi, What gives you the right to use a disabled parking spot, your own self importance I guess. It is about time using what ... more
- Molly on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Look I'm not Fifi Box's greatest fan either, but if you actually listened to the whole story you would hear her explanation, ... more
- Owen Holbert on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' SHAME...SHAME...SHAME perhaps if after 20 years with a disability(me with MS)AND paying for a parking permit you might ... more
- Jan Lannan on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' Fifi Box shld at least apologize & give money 2 Disability Charity I also am sick & tired of able people taking disability ... more
- Tamatha on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I hope you get fined, by your own admission of guilt, for parking in disability parking. These spaces are so limited it's ... more
- audrey stanaway on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I think it's disgusting. I have a disabled sticker and I actually see people do this. I also asked a male who had parked in ... more
- Melinda on 'Fifi's apology was half-baked' I get so sick of people questioning us about parking in disabled parking spots.....I have a child with a wheelchair and ... more
- Lukew on World's most liveable? Who cares I couldn't agree more. I couldn't care less what other people thought about Melbourne; it is a great city and we should ... more
- Marion Barnes on Don't 'erase' memory of Harris failing Try asking his victims this question. I'm betting they are wishing they could erase him from their memories. more
- Lmao on 'Australia is not such a terrible ... Easy for you to say australia is not a racist, sexist or homophobic when you're a straight white male. more
- nat carr on 'Australia is not such a terrible ... Its easy for you not to think Australia is not racist with a Anglo name growing in the land of oz.I grew up with a italian ... more
- Chris Keating on Stop fretting about they're spelling Do you think the good professor's viewpoint would change if a family member was given the wrong drug by a nurse or ... more
- AllanJC on Stop fretting about they're spelling Tom, first, the language is not going down the tube. if anything, its (sic) thriving. Second, spelling is not the language. ... more
- poppitt on 'This is what we call 'carbon karma'' Scarey to think these people are having such a huge say in running our beautiful country.They can not even draw up their own ... more
- Libby on 'This is what we call 'carbon karma'' Really, how did this woman get elected??? She thinks she can come in to our politics and start dictating to the government ... more
'Leave Frances Abbott alone'
Frances Abbott, in some people’s minds, has controversially received a scholarship to study at the Whitehouse Institute of Design.
People are looking at this and saying ‘there must be something wrong here’, ‘was she qualified enough to get this scholarship?’, ‘Isn’t the institute's founder mates with the Prime Minister?’.
Now I’ve got to say, I really think all this focus on the Prime Minister’s daughters is unfair.
I really believe in politics, especially in Australian politics, you don’t elect a family, you elect an individual.
Have a go at Tony Abbott all you like, and let’s be honest, there’s plenty of reasons to have a good go at the Prime Minister whether it’s the budget or other things about him, but I think having a go at his family isn’t right.
I remember with Kevin Rudd’s wife, Therese, people had a go at her because she was so rich.
I always found that a bit like the tall poppy syndrome.
Why would you have a go at a woman just because she’s made a lot of money and created a very successful business?
Now yes, the Prime Minister did bring his daughters out on the electoral stump before the election.
They were with him on many opportunities. But they are people with their own lives, their own minds, they are not the people we elected.
I don’t think anybody really voted for Tony Abbott because of his daughters, and if you did, then frankly, you need your head read.
I just think this focus, this questioning of a scholarship to Frances Abbott, I think it’s unfair.
She is a young lady, she’s got her own life to lead, she did not run in the last election, it’s her father, I think she needs to be left alone.
I feel uncomfortable when the families of politicians are brought into the limelight.
Yes, Tony Abbott did use his daughters during the election campaign. I was uncomfortable with that and I’m uncomfortable now, with the attention they’re getting.
CLICK HERE to read Victoria Rollison's open letter to Frances Abbott