- 'The losers in this are paramedics'
- Bunny killer jailed over attack
- Palmer: 'Mongrels' an 'accurate reflection'
- Laneway culture to hit Geelong
- Aldi takes on big two
- ‘He is very plugged into the real world’
- Dick Smith calls for small population
- Australia’s seventh state
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on ‘He is very plugged into the real world’ My grand-daughter has four children from 9 to 3. The two boys 9 and 7 have no other way to get to school than Mum driving ... more
- Geoff on ‘He is very plugged into the real world’ Hockey said: 'the poorest people Ã?Â?Ã?Âeither donÃ?Â¢Ã?Â?Ã?Â?t have cars or actually donÃ?Â¢Ã?Â?Ã?Â?t drive very far in ... more
- ElitTzur on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... To Nargis Could you please elaborate on your statement: "With the exception of self defence under oppression or matters of ... more
- Georgia on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Well said Nargis, it is maniacs like him who make life so much more difficult for the decent muslims. I also know muslim ... more
- Christine Williams on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... SHOCKING !!!!! more
- Ali. on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Lets not forget. That western countries haveing supporting these people for ages more
- simon chamberlain on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... i just listened to the interview with that islamic extremist.i am in shock that the world seems to have another hitler and a ... more
- Natasha on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Unfortunately Australia I believe is finally realising the true reality of extremist Islam and even are few are so damaging ... more
- Adhil on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Thats not omar shishani. Thats a poser more
- Sam on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Worried more
- Nargis on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... As a law abiding muslim-Australian, I condemn and utterly reject the views held by this heartless criminal.His views DO NOT ... more
- GEMMA PARKS on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... THEY ARE ALL NUTS....get these war mongers out of MY COUNTRY! NOW. more
- Diane Antonopoulos on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... How frightening.I worry about my children and their children what will their lives be like?The trouble with all of this is ... more
- Lyn Gallagher on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... Omar Shishani sounds like a bad actor in a B grade movie. His references to wifies and doggies is very bizarre in his ... more
- Simone on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... So what gets me, and its been no secret, that they are going after Iran next and followed by Mecca, why its expected the ... more
- shlomo Gurewicz on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... HI Tom And the world expects Israel to make peace with Hamass/Isis more
- Tony Logue on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... I believe listening to that interview with the Muslim leader, I have just unfortunatley been part of an unnerving historical ... more
- Dave on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... "I'll give it some thought.":) hahaha awesome. more
- Andrew on Tom Elliott with self-proclaimed ... I fear for my Kids future when you have mental cases like this in charge of armed forces.These kind of people only know ... more
- Colin Lacivita on New super tower will match Eureka Melbourne is nearly 100 years behind New York City. These new skyscrapers are no big deal to me when New York's Empire State ... more
'Leave Frances Abbott alone'
Frances Abbott, in some people’s minds, has controversially received a scholarship to study at the Whitehouse Institute of Design.
People are looking at this and saying ‘there must be something wrong here’, ‘was she qualified enough to get this scholarship?’, ‘Isn’t the institute's founder mates with the Prime Minister?’.
Now I’ve got to say, I really think all this focus on the Prime Minister’s daughters is unfair.
I really believe in politics, especially in Australian politics, you don’t elect a family, you elect an individual.
Have a go at Tony Abbott all you like, and let’s be honest, there’s plenty of reasons to have a good go at the Prime Minister whether it’s the budget or other things about him, but I think having a go at his family isn’t right.
I remember with Kevin Rudd’s wife, Therese, people had a go at her because she was so rich.
I always found that a bit like the tall poppy syndrome.
Why would you have a go at a woman just because she’s made a lot of money and created a very successful business?
Now yes, the Prime Minister did bring his daughters out on the electoral stump before the election.
They were with him on many opportunities. But they are people with their own lives, their own minds, they are not the people we elected.
I don’t think anybody really voted for Tony Abbott because of his daughters, and if you did, then frankly, you need your head read.
I just think this focus, this questioning of a scholarship to Frances Abbott, I think it’s unfair.
She is a young lady, she’s got her own life to lead, she did not run in the last election, it’s her father, I think she needs to be left alone.
I feel uncomfortable when the families of politicians are brought into the limelight.
Yes, Tony Abbott did use his daughters during the election campaign. I was uncomfortable with that and I’m uncomfortable now, with the attention they’re getting.
CLICK HERE to read Victoria Rollison's open letter to Frances Abbott