- Jake Carlisle a 50/50 chance
- Malthouse happy to talk footy, not media
- Rioli to play forward on return
- Still a place for taggers
- AFL teams: Round 22
- Broken neck for Crow
- Umpire got it wrong
- Expect rule change to protect head
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
Adrian Anderson resigns from the AFL
LISTEN BELOW: Adrian Anderson's extensive interview with Sports Today.
Adrian Anderson has resigned as the AFL's Football Operations Manager after 9-years in the job.
Caroline Wilson broke the news on the Neil Mitchell Program saying that Anderson has been one the most influential people in the organisation.
"This is a very, and highly significant departure. He has resigned partly because he realised he didn’t have the support of the CEO of the AFL to be a potential replacement for him when he finally goes,"
"I think the nomination of Gillian McLachlan as Andrew's (Demetriou) preferred successor probably prompted Adrian to look elsewhere, and start thinking about moving elsewhere" Ms Wilson told Neil Mitchell.
"This is the third executive departure, and the fourth very senior departure, from the AFL since the end of the season" she said.
AFL Press Conference: Andrew Demetriou has confirmed that Adrian Anderson has resigned as the General Manager of Football Operations.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) December 5, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
I am glad Adrian is gone he made too many changes in the game I was sick of trying to keep up with it all.Colin Lacivita Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:11 AM
Maybe time for him to step up into a admin role of a sport that is played internationally, while we in Melbourne like to think AFL is a big sport, in reality hardly anyone outside of a few states in Australia has ever heard about it. As a person involved in a sports like AFL & Gaelic it can't be very rewarding when the sport is so small.Marco Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:25 PM
you make me laugh keep up the good work, however you are right in this post!
As for Adrian Anderson i am sure he will find something else quite quickly the word on the greap vine is maybe North Melbourne? But either was he was never senior or polished enough to hold the top job at the AFL. But then again with whats been happening in the AFL the code is starting to stink!Mighty Mick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:37 PM
So when's the North Melbourne press conference on to announce they've picked thier new CEO?Michael Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
So this means he'll be plying his spin,oops,trade somewhere else,does it?jgl Melb Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Lissy & I say that 3AW should sign Andrian Andreson as a Producer of 3AW Drive for 2013.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTRE GULLY Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:08 PM