- Brad Scott impressive post game
- Dale Thomas out with ankle injury
- AFL drug testing: 26 players test positive in 2012
- Luke Ball set to return for Collingwood
- AFL to hold first-ever women's player draft
- Cats and Dons break TV ratings record
- Malthouse blasts Waite suspension
- Axe looms over Mark Neeld after Melbourne's devastating loss to Gold Coast
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Monica on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... They have had enough priority draft picks and number one picks to build 2 champion teams. It appears the Recruiting team ... more
- william grant on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... mark Neeld needs to go now! He is damaging the Melbourne football club. Brett Ratten if available would be my choice. The ... more
- JMB Gold Coast on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... You really do have to feel for the guy! He obviously does have a high level experience and is a quality coach. How often ... more
- Lukew on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Usually I am against these rule changes, but I like this one and think it would work well. It makes a lot of sense. more
- Brad Moore on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... All areas of the club need reviewing.The Coach is the coach, footy manager is that, team manager is team manager and so ... more
- Lukew on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I am not a Melbourne supporter, but I agree with Phil and Stephen. I feel sorry for some of these younger players whose ... more
- Justin on Racist taunts directed at Majak Daw There is no right to publically say what you like in regards to race etc. It is called offensive, hate speech. There may ... more
- Denise on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I have heard the comment that the intensity wasnt there, I have heard Chris Garland defend Mark Neeld and blame the team. ... more
- Richard on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... As a Melbourne supporter (and member) for decades I believe the current lack of basic skills, determination, desire, run and ... more
- Stephen on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Not a Melbourne fan but I believe this is far deeper than a skill problem as some are suggesting. Its morale and confidence ... more
- Greg on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... It's all good and well to say sack the coach but Norm Smith,Ron Barassi or Tom Hafey couldn't coach this team to a win.The ... more
- Anthony on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Breaks my heart when I take my 3 small boys (10, 8 & 8) all dressed up in their Dees gear to one of the only games I think ... more
- mylene on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Right about now the year's suspension the Dees should have got for tanking would have been less humiliating than the way ... more
- Jillian on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... The pride and spirit of the great Melbourne Football Club has unfortunately gone to heaven with Jimmy Stynes. more
- Phil on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Nothing will happen. I agree something needs to be done and he his in the firing line. People say you can't keep sackin ... more
- IAN on Geelong unbeaten from 7 games So What.?? more
- John on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Leigh Matthews has lost the plot. Maybe just get rid of the review system. Leave the game alone! more
- Gloss on Racist taunts directed at Majak Daw @Kylie I do not believe you when you says that babies in prams have been racially abused, think you are endeavouring to ... more
- Gloria on Mark rule interpretation changed heaps: ... Trav everyone is confused with the new interpretation of 'pushing' and 'bumping', players, coaches, supporters and most ... more
- bc on Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley in ... Ken hinkley would not be the first person who didnt want to go to hobart more
Adrian Anderson resigns from the AFL
LISTEN BELOW: Adrian Anderson's extensive interview with Sports Today.
Adrian Anderson has resigned as the AFL's Football Operations Manager after 9-years in the job.
Caroline Wilson broke the news on the Neil Mitchell Program saying that Anderson has been one the most influential people in the organisation.
"This is a very, and highly significant departure. He has resigned partly because he realised he didn’t have the support of the CEO of the AFL to be a potential replacement for him when he finally goes,"
"I think the nomination of Gillian McLachlan as Andrew's (Demetriou) preferred successor probably prompted Adrian to look elsewhere, and start thinking about moving elsewhere" Ms Wilson told Neil Mitchell.
"This is the third executive departure, and the fourth very senior departure, from the AFL since the end of the season" she said.
AFL Press Conference: Andrew Demetriou has confirmed that Adrian Anderson has resigned as the General Manager of Football Operations.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) December 5, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
I am glad Adrian is gone he made too many changes in the game I was sick of trying to keep up with it all.Colin Lacivita Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:11 AM
Maybe time for him to step up into a admin role of a sport that is played internationally, while we in Melbourne like to think AFL is a big sport, in reality hardly anyone outside of a few states in Australia has ever heard about it. As a person involved in a sports like AFL & Gaelic it can't be very rewarding when the sport is so small.Marco Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:25 PM
you make me laugh keep up the good work, however you are right in this post!
As for Adrian Anderson i am sure he will find something else quite quickly the word on the greap vine is maybe North Melbourne? But either was he was never senior or polished enough to hold the top job at the AFL. But then again with whats been happening in the AFL the code is starting to stink!Mighty Mick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:37 PM
So when's the North Melbourne press conference on to announce they've picked thier new CEO?Michael Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
So this means he'll be plying his spin,oops,trade somewhere else,does it?jgl Melb Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Lissy & I say that 3AW should sign Andrian Andreson as a Producer of 3AW Drive for 2013.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTRE GULLY Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:08 PM