- Paying out coaches a 'huge problem'
- Lethal: My love-hate relationship with September
- 'I'm committed to the Melbourne model'
- Crows part ways with Sanderson
- Swann confirms Robbo talks
- Boomer beats his bump ban
- Pies eye high-flying youngster
- Lloydy names his All-Australian team
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
- Jimbob on Boomer slapped with one week ban Boomer's antics have nealy cost the roos twice this finals series. Was clearly needed against the bombers and his hit on ... more
- Gloria on Malthouse happy to talk footy, not ... Malthouse doesn't do any favours for his own club and fans by being so confrontational with the press. It makes him look ... more
- Daleo on 'We haven't got free agency right' Why did Demetriou and clan go to USA within the past couple of years if they weren't prepared to explore all aspects of how ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Umpire got it wrong Boss Hayden Kennedy said we got it wrong so next time if you cannot see and are not sure JUST BALL IT UP. EASY more
- Helen on Umpire got it wrong So you got it wrong - gee thanks for letting us know. What a pointless thing to do. I have had a gutful of Carlton being on ... more
- Jacqueline on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton Cachia's work ethic and discipline will see him rehab from his shoulder reconstruction back to his fit form in time for ... more
- Robert on Gillon McLachan on 3AW Football Is this the new CEO heaven help the AFL more
- joanne on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Good for you Boomer, I heard the interview on 3AW with the mate you went halvies with, and he said YOU wanted to donate it ... more
- Lukew on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton So long as Carlton makes its decisions based on what is good for the club and not out of fear of media pressure or bad ... more
- Sinbad on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Selfish on the field, selfish off it too ! more
- Jeanette Jantzen on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... My question is ' Why would you go half's in buying a ticket in the first place and there's probably not even a car for the ... more
- Chez on Evans rejects calls for assault charges I was at this game, although this altercation came from an earlier incident, I still think that Reece Conca from Richmond, ... more
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
Adrian Anderson resigns from the AFL
LISTEN BELOW: Adrian Anderson's extensive interview with Sports Today.
Adrian Anderson has resigned as the AFL's Football Operations Manager after 9-years in the job.
Caroline Wilson broke the news on the Neil Mitchell Program saying that Anderson has been one the most influential people in the organisation.
"This is a very, and highly significant departure. He has resigned partly because he realised he didn’t have the support of the CEO of the AFL to be a potential replacement for him when he finally goes,"
"I think the nomination of Gillian McLachlan as Andrew's (Demetriou) preferred successor probably prompted Adrian to look elsewhere, and start thinking about moving elsewhere" Ms Wilson told Neil Mitchell.
"This is the third executive departure, and the fourth very senior departure, from the AFL since the end of the season" she said.
AFL Press Conference: Andrew Demetriou has confirmed that Adrian Anderson has resigned as the General Manager of Football Operations.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) December 5, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
I am glad Adrian is gone he made too many changes in the game I was sick of trying to keep up with it all.Colin Lacivita Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:11 AM
Maybe time for him to step up into a admin role of a sport that is played internationally, while we in Melbourne like to think AFL is a big sport, in reality hardly anyone outside of a few states in Australia has ever heard about it. As a person involved in a sports like AFL & Gaelic it can't be very rewarding when the sport is so small.Marco Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:25 PM
you make me laugh keep up the good work, however you are right in this post!
As for Adrian Anderson i am sure he will find something else quite quickly the word on the greap vine is maybe North Melbourne? But either was he was never senior or polished enough to hold the top job at the AFL. But then again with whats been happening in the AFL the code is starting to stink!Mighty Mick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:37 PM
So when's the North Melbourne press conference on to announce they've picked thier new CEO?Michael Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
So this means he'll be plying his spin,oops,trade somewhere else,does it?jgl Melb Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Lissy & I say that 3AW should sign Andrian Andreson as a Producer of 3AW Drive for 2013.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTRE GULLY Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:08 PM