- 'The umpires are just making mistakes'
- Dropped Docker's future in limbo
- Power draws two lines in the sand
- Something's rotten in the state of AFL
- Marley Williams avoids jail
- Match Review Panel: Round 5
- Footy to get goalpost cameras
- Nic Nat overrated: Shaw
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ben on Something's rotten in the state of AFL Our house hold of 6 have given the game away this year and the kids have enjoyed not following football, we do other family ... more
- Matt on Something's rotten in the state of AFL As the world opens up people can actually see what a boring irrelevant sport AFL is. The standard is terrible as the talent ... more
- Stephen on Something's rotten in the state of AFL They've forgotten and ignored the fans. Its all about the TV dollar. At your peril!! more
- Changed on Something's rotten in the state of AFL Haven't been to an AFL game this season and have not put the Pay TV Footy channel on either. Have been attending Melbourne ... more
- bushiepete on Something's rotten in the state of AFL dont worry we tried to tell you all last year its all to expensive.. our mob now follows the local country sides and ... more
- poppitt on Something's rotten in the state of AFL Dear Caroline, you have added to the smell, your one sided views on coaches and players is horrid. The prices have risen ... more
- Bruce on Something's rotten in the state of AFL Could not agree more. We terminated our AFL memberships two years ago and joined the Rebels.A dam side better and more ... more
- bc on Marley Williams avoids jail just proves it again you can do anything you like as long as you are an AFL footballer more
- ian on Marley Williams avoids jail This has to be a joke. HA-HA-HA. more
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
Adrian Anderson resigns from the AFL
LISTEN BELOW: Adrian Anderson's extensive interview with Sports Today.
Adrian Anderson has resigned as the AFL's Football Operations Manager after 9-years in the job.
Caroline Wilson broke the news on the Neil Mitchell Program saying that Anderson has been one the most influential people in the organisation.
"This is a very, and highly significant departure. He has resigned partly because he realised he didn’t have the support of the CEO of the AFL to be a potential replacement for him when he finally goes,"
"I think the nomination of Gillian McLachlan as Andrew's (Demetriou) preferred successor probably prompted Adrian to look elsewhere, and start thinking about moving elsewhere" Ms Wilson told Neil Mitchell.
"This is the third executive departure, and the fourth very senior departure, from the AFL since the end of the season" she said.
AFL Press Conference: Andrew Demetriou has confirmed that Adrian Anderson has resigned as the General Manager of Football Operations.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) December 5, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
I am glad Adrian is gone he made too many changes in the game I was sick of trying to keep up with it all.Colin Lacivita Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:11 AM
Maybe time for him to step up into a admin role of a sport that is played internationally, while we in Melbourne like to think AFL is a big sport, in reality hardly anyone outside of a few states in Australia has ever heard about it. As a person involved in a sports like AFL & Gaelic it can't be very rewarding when the sport is so small.Marco Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:25 PM
you make me laugh keep up the good work, however you are right in this post!
As for Adrian Anderson i am sure he will find something else quite quickly the word on the greap vine is maybe North Melbourne? But either was he was never senior or polished enough to hold the top job at the AFL. But then again with whats been happening in the AFL the code is starting to stink!Mighty Mick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:37 PM
So when's the North Melbourne press conference on to announce they've picked thier new CEO?Michael Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
So this means he'll be plying his spin,oops,trade somewhere else,does it?jgl Melb Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Lissy & I say that 3AW should sign Andrian Andreson as a Producer of 3AW Drive for 2013.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTRE GULLY Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:08 PM