- 'This is not going to go away'
- Saints boss says sky is the limit
- Case could collapse by Christmas
- 'It doesn't bother us': Hawkins
- Matthews wants case made public
- De Goey wants to repay the faith
- Catch Cotchin if you can
- Jarrad's worth his Waite: Swallow
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Willow on World Series Football? Bit silly, we can see these players in the Ted Whitten game besides not all of them would be super-fit it would be farcical. more
- Nick on World Series Football? Ridiculous idea, just a pay day for ex players who can't find anything else to do. The All stars games makes barely any ... more
- Ran on World Series Football? The world is not interested, except for the state of Victoria. There is a 'world football' already. more
- DR on World Series Football? @BernieCricket T20???....Rugby 7s???...PDC Premier League Darts???All laughed at....All highly successful.So yes...in 2 mins ... more
- Bernie on World Series Football? Do you see any other truly successful sports around the world do this???? NO!!! Your retired and dropped for a reason. Go ... more
- mary marko on Roo stands by show of support for Milne Great to see my boy Nick Riewoldt supporting a fellow teamate.As Nick has stated, he has a mother,sister and wife.l Admire ... more
- Ben on Players won't answer notices Have a look at Ahmed Saad he took it like a man accepted his mistake and didnt try to hide. Grow up Essendon players and ... more
- JK of Clayton on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' Know it all Caroline. You have had it in for James Hird and Essendon forever and a day. more
- Graham on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' If Caro is wrong and Hird is still the Coach at Round One 2015, she needs to resign as a football writer as she will no ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Suns to sack McKenna: Caro Guy Mckenna may well replace Mark Thomposn at Essendon & Mark Thompson may well replace Guy Meknna at Gold Coast Suns the ... more
- IBARKER on Mike Sheahan retires Good Luck ?? About Time. more
- Colin Lacivita on Mike Sheahan retires What are you going to do now Mike? more
- Andrew on Mike Sheahan retires All the best Mike.Hopefully Bruce McAvaney will retire as well more
- acetrim on Mike Sheahan retires I can drive my b double at 100 but not my car at 110 who sets the limits more
- Michael Patten on Mike Sheahan retires Congratulations Mike on being honest, frank and forthright. Enjoy all that you do in retirement... You have earnt it:) more
- Jill on The humble winner I was so proud of Beau Waters taking the Jimmy Stynes award for his contribution in helping his Cancer Foundation in the ... more
- Jason & Lissy on The humble winner Lissy & I are West Coast Eagles Melbourne based afns and we congratulate Matt Matt Priddis on his much deserved 2014 ... more
- Willow on The humble winner So glad that Matt had an outright win and absolutely ecstatic that it wasn't Frankin who took the prized award. more
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
Adrian Anderson resigns from the AFL
LISTEN BELOW: Adrian Anderson's extensive interview with Sports Today.
Adrian Anderson has resigned as the AFL's Football Operations Manager after 9-years in the job.
Caroline Wilson broke the news on the Neil Mitchell Program saying that Anderson has been one the most influential people in the organisation.
"This is a very, and highly significant departure. He has resigned partly because he realised he didn’t have the support of the CEO of the AFL to be a potential replacement for him when he finally goes,"
"I think the nomination of Gillian McLachlan as Andrew's (Demetriou) preferred successor probably prompted Adrian to look elsewhere, and start thinking about moving elsewhere" Ms Wilson told Neil Mitchell.
"This is the third executive departure, and the fourth very senior departure, from the AFL since the end of the season" she said.
AFL Press Conference: Andrew Demetriou has confirmed that Adrian Anderson has resigned as the General Manager of Football Operations.— 3AW Melbourne (@3AW693) December 5, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
I am glad Adrian is gone he made too many changes in the game I was sick of trying to keep up with it all.Colin Lacivita Thursday 6 December, 2012 - 3:11 AM
Maybe time for him to step up into a admin role of a sport that is played internationally, while we in Melbourne like to think AFL is a big sport, in reality hardly anyone outside of a few states in Australia has ever heard about it. As a person involved in a sports like AFL & Gaelic it can't be very rewarding when the sport is so small.Marco Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 4:25 PM
you make me laugh keep up the good work, however you are right in this post!
As for Adrian Anderson i am sure he will find something else quite quickly the word on the greap vine is maybe North Melbourne? But either was he was never senior or polished enough to hold the top job at the AFL. But then again with whats been happening in the AFL the code is starting to stink!Mighty Mick Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 3:37 PM
So when's the North Melbourne press conference on to announce they've picked thier new CEO?Michael Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:38 PM
So this means he'll be plying his spin,oops,trade somewhere else,does it?jgl Melb Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:36 PM
Lissy & I say that 3AW should sign Andrian Andreson as a Producer of 3AW Drive for 2013.JASON & MELISSA FROM BORONIA & FERNTRE GULLY Wednesday 5 December, 2012 - 12:08 PM