- Paying out coaches a 'huge problem'
- Lethal: My love-hate relationship with September
- 'I'm committed to the Melbourne model'
- Crows part ways with Sanderson
- Swann confirms Robbo talks
- Boomer beats his bump ban
- Pies eye high-flying youngster
- Lloydy names his All-Australian team
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
- Jimbob on Boomer slapped with one week ban Boomer's antics have nealy cost the roos twice this finals series. Was clearly needed against the bombers and his hit on ... more
- Gloria on Malthouse happy to talk footy, not ... Malthouse doesn't do any favours for his own club and fans by being so confrontational with the press. It makes him look ... more
- Daleo on 'We haven't got free agency right' Why did Demetriou and clan go to USA within the past couple of years if they weren't prepared to explore all aspects of how ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Umpire got it wrong Boss Hayden Kennedy said we got it wrong so next time if you cannot see and are not sure JUST BALL IT UP. EASY more
- Helen on Umpire got it wrong So you got it wrong - gee thanks for letting us know. What a pointless thing to do. I have had a gutful of Carlton being on ... more
- Jacqueline on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton Cachia's work ethic and discipline will see him rehab from his shoulder reconstruction back to his fit form in time for ... more
- Robert on Gillon McLachan on 3AW Football Is this the new CEO heaven help the AFL more
- joanne on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Good for you Boomer, I heard the interview on 3AW with the mate you went halvies with, and he said YOU wanted to donate it ... more
- Lukew on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton So long as Carlton makes its decisions based on what is good for the club and not out of fear of media pressure or bad ... more
- Sinbad on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Selfish on the field, selfish off it too ! more
- Jeanette Jantzen on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... My question is ' Why would you go half's in buying a ticket in the first place and there's probably not even a car for the ... more
- Chez on Evans rejects calls for assault charges I was at this game, although this altercation came from an earlier incident, I still think that Reece Conca from Richmond, ... more
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
Best-to-Worst coaches of 2012
1. Brenton Sanderson (ADELAIDE) - “So many players have improved, they play a far different game plan to Neil Craig, and it’s getting results"
2. Nathan Buckley (COLLINGWOOD) – “Players like Beams and Sidebottom have improved”
3. John Worsfold (WEST COAST) – “He’s lost 147 goals in Kennedy, Lecras and Nicoski. Pretty impressive to be on top of the ladder when you’ve lost the players they have”
4. James Hird (ESSENDON) – “Faulted on the weekend... but have improved out of sight”
5. Damien Hardwick (RICHMOND) – “Sitting on 10th on the ladder but the draw and the way they have improved I have him in 5th”
6. Scott Watters (ST KILDA) – “I love what Scotty Watters has done”
7. Kevin Sheedy (& Mark Williams) (GWS) – “Sheedy gets credited with the games, but for mine Williams is the tactical coach and Sheeds is the motivator”
8. John Longmire (SYDNEY) – “Couple of bad losses but keeps getting the job done”
9. Matthew Primus (PORT ADELAIDE) – “They are well drilled and they have come a long way from last year”
10. Chris Scott (GEELONG) – "Contested ball has been really disappointing"
11. Brendan McCartney (WESTERN BULLDOGS) – “They’ve let themselves down twice this year but have been pretty solid”
12. Alastair Clarkson (HAWTHORN) – “Too inconsistent for the talent they’ve got”
13. Michael Voss (BRISBANE) – “Got a bit of a bolt up the list with the win on the weekend”
14. Brett Ratten (CARLTON) – “Say for example Brisbane have got 4 wins, Carlton have got 6, I’ve factored that in with what they should have done with their talent”
15. Ross Lyon (FREMANTLE) – “Not scoring and not pumping the ball inside 50”
16. Brad Scott (NORTH MELBOURNE)– "Haven’t seen any improvement with their foot skills and are getting killed defensively"
17. Mark Neeld (MELBOURNE)
18. Guy McKenna (GOLD COAST) – "They should be more competitive than they are"
(IMAGES: Sebastian Costanzo/The Age)
LISTEN: Matthew Lloyd details his choices on Sports Today
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Are you serious? Ross Lyon in 15th?
He should have been in the top 4, being the first to coach Fremantle into a genuinely dangerous sideSpirit Level Friday 26 October, 2012 - 2:46 AM
Pathetic Bombers. Absence of tackling, pressure embarrasing. Each season the same- begin well fall away under pressure.
We thought new coach = new hope. Been conned too many soft and poor players. Many L/Murray, Lonergan, Hooker, melksham, Monfires, Reimers would not get a game at more than half afl clubs.
The club needs to look 4 another coach.gary Tuesday 31 July, 2012 - 5:51 PM
I love the commentary from Matthew Lloyd on Mark Neeld's coaching! Enough said hey Matthew :o)James Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 8:44 AM