- Buddy to wear number 23
- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alda on Magpie star to change name Good for you, Heritier! Very couragous, but understandable to want to back to your roots. A stepfather's name would not ... more
- Alby on Magpie star to change name The big question is will Demitriou insist on calling him Harry. Alby more
- Andrew on Magpie star to change name You. Must. Be. Joking. What is the point he is trying to make? It makes him look insecure and attention seeking. more
- Sinbad on Magpie star to change name And this is newsworthy because.........? more
- gbh on Essendon breach player rules That should keep North Melbourne afloat for another month or two. more
- Rod Miller on Essendon breach player rules I no Essendon FC is in the wrong but I see the afl as money grabber and I think it is time the Essendon fc took the AFL to ... more
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
Best-to-Worst coaches of 2012
1. Brenton Sanderson (ADELAIDE) - “So many players have improved, they play a far different game plan to Neil Craig, and it’s getting results"
2. Nathan Buckley (COLLINGWOOD) – “Players like Beams and Sidebottom have improved”
3. John Worsfold (WEST COAST) – “He’s lost 147 goals in Kennedy, Lecras and Nicoski. Pretty impressive to be on top of the ladder when you’ve lost the players they have”
4. James Hird (ESSENDON) – “Faulted on the weekend... but have improved out of sight”
5. Damien Hardwick (RICHMOND) – “Sitting on 10th on the ladder but the draw and the way they have improved I have him in 5th”
6. Scott Watters (ST KILDA) – “I love what Scotty Watters has done”
7. Kevin Sheedy (& Mark Williams) (GWS) – “Sheedy gets credited with the games, but for mine Williams is the tactical coach and Sheeds is the motivator”
8. John Longmire (SYDNEY) – “Couple of bad losses but keeps getting the job done”
9. Matthew Primus (PORT ADELAIDE) – “They are well drilled and they have come a long way from last year”
10. Chris Scott (GEELONG) – "Contested ball has been really disappointing"
11. Brendan McCartney (WESTERN BULLDOGS) – “They’ve let themselves down twice this year but have been pretty solid”
12. Alastair Clarkson (HAWTHORN) – “Too inconsistent for the talent they’ve got”
13. Michael Voss (BRISBANE) – “Got a bit of a bolt up the list with the win on the weekend”
14. Brett Ratten (CARLTON) – “Say for example Brisbane have got 4 wins, Carlton have got 6, I’ve factored that in with what they should have done with their talent”
15. Ross Lyon (FREMANTLE) – “Not scoring and not pumping the ball inside 50”
16. Brad Scott (NORTH MELBOURNE)– "Haven’t seen any improvement with their foot skills and are getting killed defensively"
17. Mark Neeld (MELBOURNE)
18. Guy McKenna (GOLD COAST) – "They should be more competitive than they are"
(IMAGES: Sebastian Costanzo/The Age)
LISTEN: Matthew Lloyd details his choices on Sports Today
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Are you serious? Ross Lyon in 15th?
He should have been in the top 4, being the first to coach Fremantle into a genuinely dangerous sideSpirit Level Friday 26 October, 2012 - 2:46 AM
Pathetic Bombers. Absence of tackling, pressure embarrasing. Each season the same- begin well fall away under pressure.
We thought new coach = new hope. Been conned too many soft and poor players. Many L/Murray, Lonergan, Hooker, melksham, Monfires, Reimers would not get a game at more than half afl clubs.
The club needs to look 4 another coach.gary Tuesday 31 July, 2012 - 5:51 PM
I love the commentary from Matthew Lloyd on Mark Neeld's coaching! Enough said hey Matthew :o)James Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 8:44 AM