- 'What do you gain by potting Tyrone?'
- Malceski set to reunite with Roos?
- Vickery heading straight to tribunal
- Nick Maxwell on 3AW Football
- Mike Sheahan interviews Tony Shaw
- Mike Sheahan and Matthew Richardson interview
- Lions unveil new club boss
- Hird gagged and no match-day role
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
Best-to-Worst coaches of 2012
1. Brenton Sanderson (ADELAIDE) - “So many players have improved, they play a far different game plan to Neil Craig, and it’s getting results"
2. Nathan Buckley (COLLINGWOOD) – “Players like Beams and Sidebottom have improved”
3. John Worsfold (WEST COAST) – “He’s lost 147 goals in Kennedy, Lecras and Nicoski. Pretty impressive to be on top of the ladder when you’ve lost the players they have”
4. James Hird (ESSENDON) – “Faulted on the weekend... but have improved out of sight”
5. Damien Hardwick (RICHMOND) – “Sitting on 10th on the ladder but the draw and the way they have improved I have him in 5th”
6. Scott Watters (ST KILDA) – “I love what Scotty Watters has done”
7. Kevin Sheedy (& Mark Williams) (GWS) – “Sheedy gets credited with the games, but for mine Williams is the tactical coach and Sheeds is the motivator”
8. John Longmire (SYDNEY) – “Couple of bad losses but keeps getting the job done”
9. Matthew Primus (PORT ADELAIDE) – “They are well drilled and they have come a long way from last year”
10. Chris Scott (GEELONG) – "Contested ball has been really disappointing"
11. Brendan McCartney (WESTERN BULLDOGS) – “They’ve let themselves down twice this year but have been pretty solid”
12. Alastair Clarkson (HAWTHORN) – “Too inconsistent for the talent they’ve got”
13. Michael Voss (BRISBANE) – “Got a bit of a bolt up the list with the win on the weekend”
14. Brett Ratten (CARLTON) – “Say for example Brisbane have got 4 wins, Carlton have got 6, I’ve factored that in with what they should have done with their talent”
15. Ross Lyon (FREMANTLE) – “Not scoring and not pumping the ball inside 50”
16. Brad Scott (NORTH MELBOURNE)– "Haven’t seen any improvement with their foot skills and are getting killed defensively"
17. Mark Neeld (MELBOURNE)
18. Guy McKenna (GOLD COAST) – "They should be more competitive than they are"
(IMAGES: Sebastian Costanzo/The Age)
LISTEN: Matthew Lloyd details his choices on Sports Today
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Are you serious? Ross Lyon in 15th?
He should have been in the top 4, being the first to coach Fremantle into a genuinely dangerous sideSpirit Level Friday 26 October, 2012 - 2:46 AM
Pathetic Bombers. Absence of tackling, pressure embarrasing. Each season the same- begin well fall away under pressure.
We thought new coach = new hope. Been conned too many soft and poor players. Many L/Murray, Lonergan, Hooker, melksham, Monfires, Reimers would not get a game at more than half afl clubs.
The club needs to look 4 another coach.gary Tuesday 31 July, 2012 - 5:51 PM
I love the commentary from Matthew Lloyd on Mark Neeld's coaching! Enough said hey Matthew :o)James Thursday 7 June, 2012 - 8:44 AM