- Selwood says Menzel will return
- AFL pre-season starting to heat up
- 'You only get one chance' - Doc warns
- Mitch Clark ready to roll
- Beveridge named top Dog
- Lloyd accepts coaching role
- AFL comes round to flexible fixtures
- Roo stands by show of support for Milne
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mary marko on Roo stands by show of support for Milne Great to see my boy Nick Riewoldt supporting a fellow teamate.As Nick has stated, he has a mother,sister and wife.l Admire ... more
- Ben on Players won't answer notices Have a look at Ahmed Saad he took it like a man accepted his mistake and didnt try to hide. Grow up Essendon players and ... more
- JK of Clayton on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' Know it all Caroline. You have had it in for James Hird and Essendon forever and a day. more
- Graham on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' If Caro is wrong and Hird is still the Coach at Round One 2015, she needs to resign as a football writer as she will no ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Suns to sack McKenna: Caro Guy Mckenna may well replace Mark Thomposn at Essendon & Mark Thompson may well replace Guy Meknna at Gold Coast Suns the ... more
- IBARKER on Mike Sheahan retires Good Luck ?? About Time. more
- Colin Lacivita on Mike Sheahan retires What are you going to do now Mike? more
- Andrew on Mike Sheahan retires All the best Mike.Hopefully Bruce McAvaney will retire as well more
- acetrim on Mike Sheahan retires I can drive my b double at 100 but not my car at 110 who sets the limits more
- Michael Patten on Mike Sheahan retires Congratulations Mike on being honest, frank and forthright. Enjoy all that you do in retirement... You have earnt it:) more
- Jill on The humble winner I was so proud of Beau Waters taking the Jimmy Stynes award for his contribution in helping his Cancer Foundation in the ... more
- Jason & Lissy on The humble winner Lissy & I are West Coast Eagles Melbourne based afns and we congratulate Matt Matt Priddis on his much deserved 2014 ... more
- Willow on The humble winner So glad that Matt had an outright win and absolutely ecstatic that it wasn't Frankin who took the prized award. more
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
Caro: Kennett is a 'flog'
Caroline Wilson has called the Jeff Kennett a 'flog' after saying there was not one independent football journalist.
Speaking on the Neil Mitchell program, Jeff Kennett said all AFL journalists were compromised.
"It's laughable," Caroline Wilson said.
"I'm a paid-up, proud and passionate member of the MCC... I don't need to get free tickets to the footy."
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson defends the football journalism profession on 3AW Football:
"FLOG".Also known as...Mulligan stropper(Google it)jgl Melb Thursday 12 April, 2012 - 12:39 PM
Across the board, there are too many journalists and not enough news and that is a dangerous ratio.Lukew Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 5:01 PM
Given all the problems Victoria has I'm disappointed that Jeff Kennet thinks this subject is important enough to bother wasting his time even commenting on. No wonder he's no longer in power.Peter Hillster Sunday 8 April, 2012 - 6:02 PM
I am also curious as to the meaning of the word flog.Banana McCoon Sunday 8 April, 2012 - 3:18 PM
Carro, not only are you he only female footy journo, but you are the better of the other journo's apart from Mike Sheehan.
Jeff, You are a wanker.
Keep u the great work Carro.Dennis McClatchey Saturday 7 April, 2012 - 3:04 PM
Ken of Euroa, I'm trying to be delicate, a 'flog' (flogger) is a person who plays with himself.Gloria Friday 6 April, 2012 - 5:09 PM