- Gone: Ian Robson leaves Essendon
- Thomas, Beams sidelined with injury
- Potential for women AFL umpires
- Buckley 'blue' wont happen again
- Brad Scott impressive post game
- Dale Thomas out with ankle injury
- AFL drug testing: 26 players test positive in 2012
- Luke Ball set to return for Collingwood
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Joe Garra on Gone: Ian Robson leaves Essendon James Hird should be next. more
- william on Gone: Ian Robson leaves Essendon NO option will the two who ran football show as much courage? more
- Atticus on Gone: Ian Robson leaves Essendon Is Robson suggesting that if he had done his job properly the club would not be in it's present turmoil? more
- Andrew on Gone: Ian Robson leaves Essendon "My passion to work in this industry is undiminished."Really??Who would employ you with such a terrible record - you not ... more
- Rooboy on Brad Scott impressive post game Everyone is focussed on the last poor umpire decision but view the last quarter and you'll also see that Aaron Black took a ... more
- nev connor on Buckley 'blue' wont happen again Note for the Melb football club, [or any other AFL club for that matter]..To fully participate in the game of ... more
- bc on Brad Scott impressive post game thats where the AFL influence results dockers eagles get the kicks that matter people bet on that trash investergate horse ... more
- Ken of Euroa on Brad Scott impressive post game Its well demonstrated that Western Australian teams are consistently favored by umpires particularly at home games. But what ... more
- Willow on Dale Thomas out with ankle injury What the holy heck is going on at Collingwood with all these injuries this year? Would it have anything to do with the young ... more
- cover_up on AFL Furious with Melbourne about Dank ... What an absolute disgrace to hear this scandal play out, with Demetriou creating more spin than a week in pre-election ... more
- Susan on AFL to hold first-ever women's player ... Why? What a waste of time, how does this benefit the country? It's only use is a PR stunt for the Aussie Ball boss. No ... more
- IAN on AFL to hold first-ever women's player ... Is this a "JOKE" more
- Sue on Geelong unbeaten from 7 games Yeah and the media said we wouldn't make the 8 start of season. Go away experts, Cats business as usual. Melbourne take ... more
- Susan on Cats and Dons break TV ratings record How is this a story? just shows that 3AW is nothing more than a PR arm of the AFL & thus cannot be trusted when talking ... more
- Monica on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... They have had enough priority draft picks and number one picks to build 2 champion teams. It appears the Recruiting team ... more
- william grant on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... mark Neeld needs to go now! He is damaging the Melbourne football club. Brett Ratten if available would be my choice. The ... more
- JMB Gold Coast on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... You really do have to feel for the guy! He obviously does have a high level experience and is a quality coach. How often ... more
- Lukew on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Usually I am against these rule changes, but I like this one and think it would work well. It makes a lot of sense. more
- Brad Moore on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... All areas of the club need reviewing.The Coach is the coach, footy manager is that, team manager is team manager and so ... more
- Lukew on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I am not a Melbourne supporter, but I agree with Phil and Stephen. I feel sorry for some of these younger players whose ... more
Caro: Mifsud would not have made allegations up
Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently.
Speaking with Sports Today Caroline Wilson said Mifsud did not emerge from today’s investigation and press conferences looking good, and is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
“I can categorically tell you that Jason Mifsud would not have made this up,” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Montage of the Neeld false allegation saga:
Caroline Wilson said the allegations that Neeld held individual pre-season meetings with all non-indigenous players, but addressed the indigenous players as a group had been raised with the AFL a few weeks ago as part of a wider discussion about recruiting and racism, but were not followed up.
”Is that because they were never seen as all that important, or not necessarily racist? I’m not sure why they weren’t followed up, but obviously the AFL didn’t treat them that seriously,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said she first broached the subject with Mark Neeld three weeks ago, and quickly convinced her the allegations were untrue by passing her onto senior indigenous player, Aaron Davey, who insisted he wouldn’t be involved in the football club if the allegations were true.
”Aaron Davey got on the phone and I asked him all the same questions I’d asked Mark Neeld…. And Aaron said: ‘Caroline, it just didn’t happen. It never happened,’” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks to Sports Today about the Mifsud/Neeld false leak saga:
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
CARO...... why do you want to bury DAVEY, when you defend to the death MIFSUD? Because your an aplologist for the AFL/DEMTRIOU!!! You join the 'conga line' in DEMETRIOUS's office, like the rest of the sycophants!! You have lost ur journalistic integrity!!
"..Dont shoot the player, hate the game!!.."Wantirna Cowboy Friday 6 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Don't be so sure caro. The things you don't know could fill a book. Can you say sociopath??Sack him! Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 8:11 PM
Mifsud may not be making things up, but why is he leaking information and betraying confidences? These are the more important questions. Never mind the players as role models,what sort of example is this setting?Lukew Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 4:45 PM
WOW (am I on the right planet) Re Caroline Wilson. Female? Whats some of the rubbish I'm reading about "really about" Caroline is a breath of fresh air in AFL media word and I've always found her "proffessional and very knowlegable as well as interesting.Steve Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Caro... shut up and make sure you get your FACTs right before you open you loose lips. MIFSUD is a liar and breaches trust. he soujnds like a grade 2 kid, dobba dobbaPeter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:21 PM
Yes he would Caroline because after the Rendell situation Mifsud comes across as the person who is more than happy to destroy the careers of others on a whim. He has no honesty, no integrity and no loyalty except to himself.
Rendell said what he said in order to make a point about how Aboriginal players needed more support to reduce their attrition rate within the AFL. How the hell does that make him racist?!
This whole debacle could've been avoided if Mifsud wasn't so PC and took everything anyone said literally because from what I can see, that has cost Rendell his career.
Even if you believe Mifsud wouldn't make up allegations, how bloody hard is it for this hack to investigate them BEFORE he goes bleating to the media?Kev Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 5:04 PM