- AFL a class above for suburban footballers
- Fixture debate angers fans
- 'We haven't got free agency right'
- Bring in sin bin to combat thuggery
- Shagga calls time on footy career
- 'Surprised he's not out for the season'
- AFL release Round 23 fixture
- 'What do you gain by potting Tyrone?'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
Caro: Mifsud would not have made allegations up
Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently.
Speaking with Sports Today Caroline Wilson said Mifsud did not emerge from today’s investigation and press conferences looking good, and is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
“I can categorically tell you that Jason Mifsud would not have made this up,” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Montage of the Neeld false allegation saga:
Caroline Wilson said the allegations that Neeld held individual pre-season meetings with all non-indigenous players, but addressed the indigenous players as a group had been raised with the AFL a few weeks ago as part of a wider discussion about recruiting and racism, but were not followed up.
”Is that because they were never seen as all that important, or not necessarily racist? I’m not sure why they weren’t followed up, but obviously the AFL didn’t treat them that seriously,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said she first broached the subject with Mark Neeld three weeks ago, and quickly convinced her the allegations were untrue by passing her onto senior indigenous player, Aaron Davey, who insisted he wouldn’t be involved in the football club if the allegations were true.
”Aaron Davey got on the phone and I asked him all the same questions I’d asked Mark Neeld…. And Aaron said: ‘Caroline, it just didn’t happen. It never happened,’” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks to Sports Today about the Mifsud/Neeld false leak saga:
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
CARO...... why do you want to bury DAVEY, when you defend to the death MIFSUD? Because your an aplologist for the AFL/DEMTRIOU!!! You join the 'conga line' in DEMETRIOUS's office, like the rest of the sycophants!! You have lost ur journalistic integrity!!
"..Dont shoot the player, hate the game!!.."Wantirna Cowboy Friday 6 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Don't be so sure caro. The things you don't know could fill a book. Can you say sociopath??Sack him! Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 8:11 PM
Mifsud may not be making things up, but why is he leaking information and betraying confidences? These are the more important questions. Never mind the players as role models,what sort of example is this setting?Lukew Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 4:45 PM
WOW (am I on the right planet) Re Caroline Wilson. Female? Whats some of the rubbish I'm reading about "really about" Caroline is a breath of fresh air in AFL media word and I've always found her "proffessional and very knowlegable as well as interesting.Steve Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Caro... shut up and make sure you get your FACTs right before you open you loose lips. MIFSUD is a liar and breaches trust. he soujnds like a grade 2 kid, dobba dobbaPeter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:21 PM
Yes he would Caroline because after the Rendell situation Mifsud comes across as the person who is more than happy to destroy the careers of others on a whim. He has no honesty, no integrity and no loyalty except to himself.
Rendell said what he said in order to make a point about how Aboriginal players needed more support to reduce their attrition rate within the AFL. How the hell does that make him racist?!
This whole debacle could've been avoided if Mifsud wasn't so PC and took everything anyone said literally because from what I can see, that has cost Rendell his career.
Even if you believe Mifsud wouldn't make up allegations, how bloody hard is it for this hack to investigate them BEFORE he goes bleating to the media?Kev Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 5:04 PM