- 'It's time to earn back respect'
- Selwood says Menzel will return
- AFL pre-season starting to heat up
- 'You only get one chance' - Doc warns
- Mitch Clark ready to roll
- Beveridge named top Dog
- Lloyd accepts coaching role
- AFL comes round to flexible fixtures
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mary marko on Roo stands by show of support for Milne Great to see my boy Nick Riewoldt supporting a fellow teamate.As Nick has stated, he has a mother,sister and wife.l Admire ... more
- Ben on Players won't answer notices Have a look at Ahmed Saad he took it like a man accepted his mistake and didnt try to hide. Grow up Essendon players and ... more
- JK of Clayton on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' Know it all Caroline. You have had it in for James Hird and Essendon forever and a day. more
- Graham on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' If Caro is wrong and Hird is still the Coach at Round One 2015, she needs to resign as a football writer as she will no ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Suns to sack McKenna: Caro Guy Mckenna may well replace Mark Thomposn at Essendon & Mark Thompson may well replace Guy Meknna at Gold Coast Suns the ... more
- IBARKER on Mike Sheahan retires Good Luck ?? About Time. more
- Colin Lacivita on Mike Sheahan retires What are you going to do now Mike? more
- Andrew on Mike Sheahan retires All the best Mike.Hopefully Bruce McAvaney will retire as well more
- acetrim on Mike Sheahan retires I can drive my b double at 100 but not my car at 110 who sets the limits more
- Michael Patten on Mike Sheahan retires Congratulations Mike on being honest, frank and forthright. Enjoy all that you do in retirement... You have earnt it:) more
- Jill on The humble winner I was so proud of Beau Waters taking the Jimmy Stynes award for his contribution in helping his Cancer Foundation in the ... more
- Jason & Lissy on The humble winner Lissy & I are West Coast Eagles Melbourne based afns and we congratulate Matt Matt Priddis on his much deserved 2014 ... more
- Willow on The humble winner So glad that Matt had an outright win and absolutely ecstatic that it wasn't Frankin who took the prized award. more
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
Caro: Mifsud would not have made allegations up
Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently.
Speaking with Sports Today Caroline Wilson said Mifsud did not emerge from today’s investigation and press conferences looking good, and is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
“I can categorically tell you that Jason Mifsud would not have made this up,” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Montage of the Neeld false allegation saga:
Caroline Wilson said the allegations that Neeld held individual pre-season meetings with all non-indigenous players, but addressed the indigenous players as a group had been raised with the AFL a few weeks ago as part of a wider discussion about recruiting and racism, but were not followed up.
”Is that because they were never seen as all that important, or not necessarily racist? I’m not sure why they weren’t followed up, but obviously the AFL didn’t treat them that seriously,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said she first broached the subject with Mark Neeld three weeks ago, and quickly convinced her the allegations were untrue by passing her onto senior indigenous player, Aaron Davey, who insisted he wouldn’t be involved in the football club if the allegations were true.
”Aaron Davey got on the phone and I asked him all the same questions I’d asked Mark Neeld…. And Aaron said: ‘Caroline, it just didn’t happen. It never happened,’” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks to Sports Today about the Mifsud/Neeld false leak saga:
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
CARO...... why do you want to bury DAVEY, when you defend to the death MIFSUD? Because your an aplologist for the AFL/DEMTRIOU!!! You join the 'conga line' in DEMETRIOUS's office, like the rest of the sycophants!! You have lost ur journalistic integrity!!
"..Dont shoot the player, hate the game!!.."Wantirna Cowboy Friday 6 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Don't be so sure caro. The things you don't know could fill a book. Can you say sociopath??Sack him! Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 8:11 PM
Mifsud may not be making things up, but why is he leaking information and betraying confidences? These are the more important questions. Never mind the players as role models,what sort of example is this setting?Lukew Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 4:45 PM
WOW (am I on the right planet) Re Caroline Wilson. Female? Whats some of the rubbish I'm reading about "really about" Caroline is a breath of fresh air in AFL media word and I've always found her "proffessional and very knowlegable as well as interesting.Steve Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Caro... shut up and make sure you get your FACTs right before you open you loose lips. MIFSUD is a liar and breaches trust. he soujnds like a grade 2 kid, dobba dobbaPeter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:21 PM
Yes he would Caroline because after the Rendell situation Mifsud comes across as the person who is more than happy to destroy the careers of others on a whim. He has no honesty, no integrity and no loyalty except to himself.
Rendell said what he said in order to make a point about how Aboriginal players needed more support to reduce their attrition rate within the AFL. How the hell does that make him racist?!
This whole debacle could've been avoided if Mifsud wasn't so PC and took everything anyone said literally because from what I can see, that has cost Rendell his career.
Even if you believe Mifsud wouldn't make up allegations, how bloody hard is it for this hack to investigate them BEFORE he goes bleating to the media?Kev Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 5:04 PM