- Boomer slapped with one week ban
- Finals experience worth 50 games: Dal Santo
- 3AW Football Podcasts
- Winderlich set for 2015
- Simon a good thing for Demons gig
- New club for Mitch as he eyes return?
- Lloyd: Paddy Ryder departure 'likely'
- Tomahawk cleared of jaw punch
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jimbob on Boomer slapped with one week ban Boomer's antics have nealy cost the roos twice this finals series. Was clearly needed against the bombers and his hit on ... more
- Gloria on Malthouse happy to talk footy, not ... Malthouse doesn't do any favours for his own club and fans by being so confrontational with the press. It makes him look ... more
- Daleo on 'We haven't got free agency right' Why did Demetriou and clan go to USA within the past couple of years if they weren't prepared to explore all aspects of how ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Umpire got it wrong Boss Hayden Kennedy said we got it wrong so next time if you cannot see and are not sure JUST BALL IT UP. EASY more
- Helen on Umpire got it wrong So you got it wrong - gee thanks for letting us know. What a pointless thing to do. I have had a gutful of Carlton being on ... more
- Jacqueline on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton Cachia's work ethic and discipline will see him rehab from his shoulder reconstruction back to his fit form in time for ... more
- Robert on Gillon McLachan on 3AW Football Is this the new CEO heaven help the AFL more
- joanne on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Good for you Boomer, I heard the interview on 3AW with the mate you went halvies with, and he said YOU wanted to donate it ... more
- Lukew on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton So long as Carlton makes its decisions based on what is good for the club and not out of fear of media pressure or bad ... more
- Sinbad on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Selfish on the field, selfish off it too ! more
- Jeanette Jantzen on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... My question is ' Why would you go half's in buying a ticket in the first place and there's probably not even a car for the ... more
- Chez on Evans rejects calls for assault charges I was at this game, although this altercation came from an earlier incident, I still think that Reece Conca from Richmond, ... more
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
Caro: Mifsud would not have made allegations up
Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently.
Speaking with Sports Today Caroline Wilson said Mifsud did not emerge from today’s investigation and press conferences looking good, and is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
“I can categorically tell you that Jason Mifsud would not have made this up,” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Montage of the Neeld false allegation saga:
Caroline Wilson said the allegations that Neeld held individual pre-season meetings with all non-indigenous players, but addressed the indigenous players as a group had been raised with the AFL a few weeks ago as part of a wider discussion about recruiting and racism, but were not followed up.
”Is that because they were never seen as all that important, or not necessarily racist? I’m not sure why they weren’t followed up, but obviously the AFL didn’t treat them that seriously,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said she first broached the subject with Mark Neeld three weeks ago, and quickly convinced her the allegations were untrue by passing her onto senior indigenous player, Aaron Davey, who insisted he wouldn’t be involved in the football club if the allegations were true.
”Aaron Davey got on the phone and I asked him all the same questions I’d asked Mark Neeld…. And Aaron said: ‘Caroline, it just didn’t happen. It never happened,’” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks to Sports Today about the Mifsud/Neeld false leak saga:
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
CARO...... why do you want to bury DAVEY, when you defend to the death MIFSUD? Because your an aplologist for the AFL/DEMTRIOU!!! You join the 'conga line' in DEMETRIOUS's office, like the rest of the sycophants!! You have lost ur journalistic integrity!!
"..Dont shoot the player, hate the game!!.."Wantirna Cowboy Friday 6 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Don't be so sure caro. The things you don't know could fill a book. Can you say sociopath??Sack him! Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 8:11 PM
Mifsud may not be making things up, but why is he leaking information and betraying confidences? These are the more important questions. Never mind the players as role models,what sort of example is this setting?Lukew Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 4:45 PM
WOW (am I on the right planet) Re Caroline Wilson. Female? Whats some of the rubbish I'm reading about "really about" Caroline is a breath of fresh air in AFL media word and I've always found her "proffessional and very knowlegable as well as interesting.Steve Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Caro... shut up and make sure you get your FACTs right before you open you loose lips. MIFSUD is a liar and breaches trust. he soujnds like a grade 2 kid, dobba dobbaPeter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:21 PM
Yes he would Caroline because after the Rendell situation Mifsud comes across as the person who is more than happy to destroy the careers of others on a whim. He has no honesty, no integrity and no loyalty except to himself.
Rendell said what he said in order to make a point about how Aboriginal players needed more support to reduce their attrition rate within the AFL. How the hell does that make him racist?!
This whole debacle could've been avoided if Mifsud wasn't so PC and took everything anyone said literally because from what I can see, that has cost Rendell his career.
Even if you believe Mifsud wouldn't make up allegations, how bloody hard is it for this hack to investigate them BEFORE he goes bleating to the media?Kev Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 5:04 PM