- Buddy to wear number 23
- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alda on Magpie star to change name Good for you, Heritier! Very couragous, but understandable to want to back to your roots. A stepfather's name would not ... more
- Alby on Magpie star to change name The big question is will Demitriou insist on calling him Harry. Alby more
- Andrew on Magpie star to change name You. Must. Be. Joking. What is the point he is trying to make? It makes him look insecure and attention seeking. more
- Sinbad on Magpie star to change name And this is newsworthy because.........? more
- gbh on Essendon breach player rules That should keep North Melbourne afloat for another month or two. more
- Rod Miller on Essendon breach player rules I no Essendon FC is in the wrong but I see the afl as money grabber and I think it is time the Essendon fc took the AFL to ... more
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
Caro: Mifsud would not have made allegations up
Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently.
Speaking with Sports Today Caroline Wilson said Mifsud did not emerge from today’s investigation and press conferences looking good, and is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
“I can categorically tell you that Jason Mifsud would not have made this up,” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Montage of the Neeld false allegation saga:
Caroline Wilson said the allegations that Neeld held individual pre-season meetings with all non-indigenous players, but addressed the indigenous players as a group had been raised with the AFL a few weeks ago as part of a wider discussion about recruiting and racism, but were not followed up.
”Is that because they were never seen as all that important, or not necessarily racist? I’m not sure why they weren’t followed up, but obviously the AFL didn’t treat them that seriously,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said she first broached the subject with Mark Neeld three weeks ago, and quickly convinced her the allegations were untrue by passing her onto senior indigenous player, Aaron Davey, who insisted he wouldn’t be involved in the football club if the allegations were true.
”Aaron Davey got on the phone and I asked him all the same questions I’d asked Mark Neeld…. And Aaron said: ‘Caroline, it just didn’t happen. It never happened,’” Caroline Wilson said.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks to Sports Today about the Mifsud/Neeld false leak saga:
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
CARO...... why do you want to bury DAVEY, when you defend to the death MIFSUD? Because your an aplologist for the AFL/DEMTRIOU!!! You join the 'conga line' in DEMETRIOUS's office, like the rest of the sycophants!! You have lost ur journalistic integrity!!
"..Dont shoot the player, hate the game!!.."Wantirna Cowboy Friday 6 April, 2012 - 10:18 AM
Don't be so sure caro. The things you don't know could fill a book. Can you say sociopath??Sack him! Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 8:11 PM
Mifsud may not be making things up, but why is he leaking information and betraying confidences? These are the more important questions. Never mind the players as role models,what sort of example is this setting?Lukew Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 4:45 PM
WOW (am I on the right planet) Re Caroline Wilson. Female? Whats some of the rubbish I'm reading about "really about" Caroline is a breath of fresh air in AFL media word and I've always found her "proffessional and very knowlegable as well as interesting.Steve Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Caro... shut up and make sure you get your FACTs right before you open you loose lips. MIFSUD is a liar and breaches trust. he soujnds like a grade 2 kid, dobba dobbaPeter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:21 PM
Yes he would Caroline because after the Rendell situation Mifsud comes across as the person who is more than happy to destroy the careers of others on a whim. He has no honesty, no integrity and no loyalty except to himself.
Rendell said what he said in order to make a point about how Aboriginal players needed more support to reduce their attrition rate within the AFL. How the hell does that make him racist?!
This whole debacle could've been avoided if Mifsud wasn't so PC and took everything anyone said literally because from what I can see, that has cost Rendell his career.
Even if you believe Mifsud wouldn't make up allegations, how bloody hard is it for this hack to investigate them BEFORE he goes bleating to the media?Kev Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 5:04 PM