- Footy to get goalpost cameras
- Nic Nat overrated: Shaw
- Sunday Roast and Sweet: Round 5
- 'The boys have been pretty ordinary'
- Richo gets stuck in a lift
- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
Caro: The AFL 'definitely' believes it was Aaron Davey
Earlier today on the Neil Mitchell program, Andrew Demetriou said the AFL would not be naming the player who told AFL Community Manager Jason Mifsud that Mark Neeld had been treating indigenous players differently in pre-season meetings.
Caroline Wilson alleged that someone in the chain of events has not been telling the truth.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, according to the AFL, was the one who reported this information to Jason Mifsud,” Caroline Wilson told Sports Today.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, has told his club it was not him.”
It appears a third party has emerged in the saga, with the Melbourne Football Club ‘half suggesting’ that a disgruntled, former employee could be involved in the circumstances surrounding the alleged leak.
”I’m not suggesting this former employee is the source of the information, but I do know that when Jason Mifsud conducted these interviews…after the arrest of Liam Jurrah last month… that someone he did speak to was Melbourne’s former welfare officer Ian Flack,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said that while Mifsud now accepts that his conversation with Davey had been misconstrued, neither party are backing down from their version of events.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks with Sports Today about the latest developments in the Neeld/Mifsud saga:
SPORTS TODAY: Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently, but said Mifsud is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
UPDATE: Andrew Demetriou, despite conceding he & the Demons are aware of Whodunnit, said he will not release the name of the player who started the rumour which has left the AFL's race relations department in crisis.
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
I remember when she said Daniel Kerr was "definitely"leaving west coast, just before he signed a 5 year contract. Who reads the Age anyway?Dr Ablett Sunday 8 April, 2012 - 3:15 PM
I yearn for the days when sports journalists were content to report the sports news, and weren't consumed by the need to create it.
Is Caroline a sports journalist or is she happy to remain a gossip columnist/muckraker under the guise of a sports journalist?
She is determined to eek out a "story" for as long as humanly possible, once she sniffs controversy.Robert Drossaert Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Still at it Caroline, "Aaron Davey, definately, according to the AFL....". How is it that you are getting such privileged information from the AFL, do you have your own whistle blower there.Gloria Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 11:20 PM
who cares who told MIFSUD. The fact is MIFSUD breached their trust & passed this info on without getting his facts right. AFL are pissweak to not accept his resignation. Was this the same with the Rendall saga. What is MIFSUD's agenda..... dobba !!!Peter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:19 PM
More off field crap from Caroline WilsonMark Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 7:46 PM