- 'What do you gain by potting Tyrone?'
- Malceski set to reunite with Roos?
- Vickery heading straight to tribunal
- Nick Maxwell on 3AW Football
- Mike Sheahan interviews Tony Shaw
- Mike Sheahan and Matthew Richardson interview
- Lions unveil new club boss
- Hird gagged and no match-day role
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
Caro: The AFL 'definitely' believes it was Aaron Davey
Earlier today on the Neil Mitchell program, Andrew Demetriou said the AFL would not be naming the player who told AFL Community Manager Jason Mifsud that Mark Neeld had been treating indigenous players differently in pre-season meetings.
Caroline Wilson alleged that someone in the chain of events has not been telling the truth.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, according to the AFL, was the one who reported this information to Jason Mifsud,” Caroline Wilson told Sports Today.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, has told his club it was not him.”
It appears a third party has emerged in the saga, with the Melbourne Football Club ‘half suggesting’ that a disgruntled, former employee could be involved in the circumstances surrounding the alleged leak.
”I’m not suggesting this former employee is the source of the information, but I do know that when Jason Mifsud conducted these interviews…after the arrest of Liam Jurrah last month… that someone he did speak to was Melbourne’s former welfare officer Ian Flack,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said that while Mifsud now accepts that his conversation with Davey had been misconstrued, neither party are backing down from their version of events.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks with Sports Today about the latest developments in the Neeld/Mifsud saga:
SPORTS TODAY: Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently, but said Mifsud is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
UPDATE: Andrew Demetriou, despite conceding he & the Demons are aware of Whodunnit, said he will not release the name of the player who started the rumour which has left the AFL's race relations department in crisis.
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
I remember when she said Daniel Kerr was "definitely"leaving west coast, just before he signed a 5 year contract. Who reads the Age anyway?Dr Ablett Sunday 8 April, 2012 - 3:15 PM
I yearn for the days when sports journalists were content to report the sports news, and weren't consumed by the need to create it.
Is Caroline a sports journalist or is she happy to remain a gossip columnist/muckraker under the guise of a sports journalist?
She is determined to eek out a "story" for as long as humanly possible, once she sniffs controversy.Robert Drossaert Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Still at it Caroline, "Aaron Davey, definately, according to the AFL....". How is it that you are getting such privileged information from the AFL, do you have your own whistle blower there.Gloria Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 11:20 PM
who cares who told MIFSUD. The fact is MIFSUD breached their trust & passed this info on without getting his facts right. AFL are pissweak to not accept his resignation. Was this the same with the Rendall saga. What is MIFSUD's agenda..... dobba !!!Peter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:19 PM
More off field crap from Caroline WilsonMark Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 7:46 PM