- Buckley 'blue' wont happen again
- Brad Scott impressive post game
- Dale Thomas out with ankle injury
- AFL drug testing: 26 players test positive in 2012
- Luke Ball set to return for Collingwood
- AFL to hold first-ever women's player draft
- Cats and Dons break TV ratings record
- Malthouse blasts Waite suspension
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Monica on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... They have had enough priority draft picks and number one picks to build 2 champion teams. It appears the Recruiting team ... more
- william grant on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... mark Neeld needs to go now! He is damaging the Melbourne football club. Brett Ratten if available would be my choice. The ... more
- JMB Gold Coast on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... You really do have to feel for the guy! He obviously does have a high level experience and is a quality coach. How often ... more
- Lukew on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Usually I am against these rule changes, but I like this one and think it would work well. It makes a lot of sense. more
- Brad Moore on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... All areas of the club need reviewing.The Coach is the coach, footy manager is that, team manager is team manager and so ... more
- Lukew on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I am not a Melbourne supporter, but I agree with Phil and Stephen. I feel sorry for some of these younger players whose ... more
- Justin on Racist taunts directed at Majak Daw There is no right to publically say what you like in regards to race etc. It is called offensive, hate speech. There may ... more
- Denise on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I have heard the comment that the intensity wasnt there, I have heard Chris Garland defend Mark Neeld and blame the team. ... more
- Richard on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... As a Melbourne supporter (and member) for decades I believe the current lack of basic skills, determination, desire, run and ... more
- Stephen on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Not a Melbourne fan but I believe this is far deeper than a skill problem as some are suggesting. Its morale and confidence ... more
- Greg on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... It's all good and well to say sack the coach but Norm Smith,Ron Barassi or Tom Hafey couldn't coach this team to a win.The ... more
- Anthony on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Breaks my heart when I take my 3 small boys (10, 8 & 8) all dressed up in their Dees gear to one of the only games I think ... more
- mylene on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Right about now the year's suspension the Dees should have got for tanking would have been less humiliating than the way ... more
- Jillian on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... The pride and spirit of the great Melbourne Football Club has unfortunately gone to heaven with Jimmy Stynes. more
- Phil on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Nothing will happen. I agree something needs to be done and he his in the firing line. People say you can't keep sackin ... more
- IAN on Geelong unbeaten from 7 games So What.?? more
- John on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Leigh Matthews has lost the plot. Maybe just get rid of the review system. Leave the game alone! more
- Gloss on Racist taunts directed at Majak Daw @Kylie I do not believe you when you says that babies in prams have been racially abused, think you are endeavouring to ... more
- Gloria on Mark rule interpretation changed heaps: ... Trav everyone is confused with the new interpretation of 'pushing' and 'bumping', players, coaches, supporters and most ... more
- bc on Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley in ... Ken hinkley would not be the first person who didnt want to go to hobart more
Caro: The AFL 'definitely' believes it was Aaron Davey
Earlier today on the Neil Mitchell program, Andrew Demetriou said the AFL would not be naming the player who told AFL Community Manager Jason Mifsud that Mark Neeld had been treating indigenous players differently in pre-season meetings.
Caroline Wilson alleged that someone in the chain of events has not been telling the truth.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, according to the AFL, was the one who reported this information to Jason Mifsud,” Caroline Wilson told Sports Today.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, has told his club it was not him.”
It appears a third party has emerged in the saga, with the Melbourne Football Club ‘half suggesting’ that a disgruntled, former employee could be involved in the circumstances surrounding the alleged leak.
”I’m not suggesting this former employee is the source of the information, but I do know that when Jason Mifsud conducted these interviews…after the arrest of Liam Jurrah last month… that someone he did speak to was Melbourne’s former welfare officer Ian Flack,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said that while Mifsud now accepts that his conversation with Davey had been misconstrued, neither party are backing down from their version of events.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks with Sports Today about the latest developments in the Neeld/Mifsud saga:
SPORTS TODAY: Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently, but said Mifsud is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
UPDATE: Andrew Demetriou, despite conceding he & the Demons are aware of Whodunnit, said he will not release the name of the player who started the rumour which has left the AFL's race relations department in crisis.
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
I remember when she said Daniel Kerr was "definitely"leaving west coast, just before he signed a 5 year contract. Who reads the Age anyway?Dr Ablett Sunday 8 April, 2012 - 3:15 PM
I yearn for the days when sports journalists were content to report the sports news, and weren't consumed by the need to create it.
Is Caroline a sports journalist or is she happy to remain a gossip columnist/muckraker under the guise of a sports journalist?
She is determined to eek out a "story" for as long as humanly possible, once she sniffs controversy.Robert Drossaert Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Still at it Caroline, "Aaron Davey, definately, according to the AFL....". How is it that you are getting such privileged information from the AFL, do you have your own whistle blower there.Gloria Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 11:20 PM
who cares who told MIFSUD. The fact is MIFSUD breached their trust & passed this info on without getting his facts right. AFL are pissweak to not accept his resignation. Was this the same with the Rendall saga. What is MIFSUD's agenda..... dobba !!!Peter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:19 PM
More off field crap from Caroline WilsonMark Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 7:46 PM