- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- Goddard runs in to former team mates
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
- nat carr on Campbell Brown told to stay away I cannot see why people are suprised .his dad was a thug ,he is a thug and his kids will be thugs more
- Go Mighty Maggies on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... I sure Bucks is not the only Collingwood coach/official who makes the decisions as to who goes. Not sure that I like some of ... more
- jgl Melb on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie? Coming the knuckle? Nah,would not have a bar of it.Seriously, the fruit hasn't fallen far from the tree in the ... more
- Julie on Listen Live to 3AW Football An Australian manufactured car nameThe Southern Cross more
- ian on 'I had a change of direction': Alan ... Nothing will save the SAINTS. more
- Catherine on Caro 'almost certain' Alan Richardson ... Am pleased Robert Harvey was big enough to admit that he's not ready for a senior coaching role. Experience before ego. more
Caro: The AFL 'definitely' believes it was Aaron Davey
Earlier today on the Neil Mitchell program, Andrew Demetriou said the AFL would not be naming the player who told AFL Community Manager Jason Mifsud that Mark Neeld had been treating indigenous players differently in pre-season meetings.
Caroline Wilson alleged that someone in the chain of events has not been telling the truth.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, according to the AFL, was the one who reported this information to Jason Mifsud,” Caroline Wilson told Sports Today.
"Aaron Davey, definitely, has told his club it was not him.”
It appears a third party has emerged in the saga, with the Melbourne Football Club ‘half suggesting’ that a disgruntled, former employee could be involved in the circumstances surrounding the alleged leak.
”I’m not suggesting this former employee is the source of the information, but I do know that when Jason Mifsud conducted these interviews…after the arrest of Liam Jurrah last month… that someone he did speak to was Melbourne’s former welfare officer Ian Flack,” Caroline Wilson said.
Caroline Wilson said that while Mifsud now accepts that his conversation with Davey had been misconstrued, neither party are backing down from their version of events.
LISTEN: Caroline Wilson speaks with Sports Today about the latest developments in the Neeld/Mifsud saga:
SPORTS TODAY: Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently, but said Mifsud is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
UPDATE: Andrew Demetriou, despite conceding he & the Demons are aware of Whodunnit, said he will not release the name of the player who started the rumour which has left the AFL's race relations department in crisis.
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
I remember when she said Daniel Kerr was "definitely"leaving west coast, just before he signed a 5 year contract. Who reads the Age anyway?Dr Ablett Sunday 8 April, 2012 - 3:15 PM
I yearn for the days when sports journalists were content to report the sports news, and weren't consumed by the need to create it.
Is Caroline a sports journalist or is she happy to remain a gossip columnist/muckraker under the guise of a sports journalist?
She is determined to eek out a "story" for as long as humanly possible, once she sniffs controversy.Robert Drossaert Thursday 5 April, 2012 - 10:42 AM
Still at it Caroline, "Aaron Davey, definately, according to the AFL....". How is it that you are getting such privileged information from the AFL, do you have your own whistle blower there.Gloria Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 11:20 PM
who cares who told MIFSUD. The fact is MIFSUD breached their trust & passed this info on without getting his facts right. AFL are pissweak to not accept his resignation. Was this the same with the Rendall saga. What is MIFSUD's agenda..... dobba !!!Peter from the Valley Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 10:19 PM
More off field crap from Caroline WilsonMark Wednesday 4 April, 2012 - 7:46 PM