- Richo gets stuck in a lift
- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- Sunday Roast and Sweet
- A talkback lashing from Carlton fans
- Will the 'full forward' return?
- 'What a weird ass guy'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
Dayne Beams: 3AW player of the year
Collingwood midfielder Dayne Beams has won the 3AW player of the year.
The 22-year old is enjoying a breakout campaign, averaging 31 possessions a game along with best-on-ground performances against Adelaide, West Coast and Sydney.
Beams polled 30 votes from 3AW Football commentators, four ahead of Essendon's Jobe Watson, Gold Coast's Gary Ablett and Hawthorn's Sam Mitchell.
Speaking with Tim Lane, Caroline Wilson and Mick Malthouse, Beams thanked 3AW for the award and attributed his success to having more opportunity then previous years.
"I've never had any doubts in my ability as a footballer, but this year I've had more opportunity than others and I've really enjoyed it," he said.
As for the Brownlow, Beams was hesitant to throw his name in the mix.
"It's not in my mind at all, I reckon I'm a low chance. Right now I've got finals on my mind. All those individual accolades will take care of themselves," he said.
In conjunction with the award, Beams also won $10,000, courtesy of VicSuper.
Dayne Beams in action at the MCG (Pic: Sebastian Costanzo)
LISTEN: Dayne Beams accepts his award on 3AW Football
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
@the serial pest, before you spruke your venom against Collingwood in general you should check the stats. Dayne is way up there and beyond with the very best.Go Mighty Maggies Wednesday 5 September, 2012 - 12:21 PM
Typical obligatory sop to Collingwood.the serial pest Tuesday 4 September, 2012 - 4:44 PM
Haven't watched many Richmond games this year boys?Anonamus Monday 3 September, 2012 - 12:19 PM
Beamsy as been brilliant this year, let's hope that the umpies see it the same way.Willow Monday 3 September, 2012 - 7:01 AM