- Buddy to wear number 23
- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alda on Magpie star to change name Good for you, Heritier! Very couragous, but understandable to want to back to your roots. A stepfather's name would not ... more
- Alby on Magpie star to change name The big question is will Demitriou insist on calling him Harry. Alby more
- Andrew on Magpie star to change name You. Must. Be. Joking. What is the point he is trying to make? It makes him look insecure and attention seeking. more
- Sinbad on Magpie star to change name And this is newsworthy because.........? more
- gbh on Essendon breach player rules That should keep North Melbourne afloat for another month or two. more
- Rod Miller on Essendon breach player rules I no Essendon FC is in the wrong but I see the afl as money grabber and I think it is time the Essendon fc took the AFL to ... more
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
Gerard Healy defends Nic Naitanui All-Australian inclusion
All-Australian selector and Sports Today host Gerard Healy has defended Nic Naitanui’s ruck selection last night, after journalist Mark Robinson criticised his inclusion above team mate Dean Cox.
Despite only playing in the ruck for 50 per cent of the time, Gerard Healy said all the figures pointed to Naitanui being the best ruckman in the league.
"When he's in the ruck, he's the most dominant ruckman in the game,” Gerard Healy said.
”Natinuni ticks all four boxes as a ruckman. He wins contested ball, he applies pressure when he can't get it. He is also the best at the ruck art despite his continuing apprenticeship.”
Gerard said Natinuni clears the ball 15 per cent more often and kicks ‘significantly more’ goals while in the ruck than Cox. He said despite only spending 50 per cent of his time as a ruckman, he had the highest number of Champion Data rankings points of all nominated ruckmen.
LISTEN: Gerard Healy defends Nic Naitinui's selection:
ALL AUSTRALIAN: A record 15 players have been named in the All-Australian team for the first time . Star Hawthorn forward Lance Franklin has been named for the fourth time despite missing six games with injury.
Why argue over a team that will never represent Australia on the field. Playing for your club is the highest accolade achieved in the AFL. It would be interesting if the over payed, I canâ??t play more than one game in seven days players where to be chosen either as a state representative or two teams of the best players for that year. Then you could discus something actual.Peter Lynch Wednesday 19 September, 2012 - 5:04 AM