- Buddy to wear number 23
- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Alda on Magpie star to change name Good for you, Heritier! Very couragous, but understandable to want to back to your roots. A stepfather's name would not ... more
- Alby on Magpie star to change name The big question is will Demitriou insist on calling him Harry. Alby more
- Andrew on Magpie star to change name You. Must. Be. Joking. What is the point he is trying to make? It makes him look insecure and attention seeking. more
- Sinbad on Magpie star to change name And this is newsworthy because.........? more
- gbh on Essendon breach player rules That should keep North Melbourne afloat for another month or two. more
- Rod Miller on Essendon breach player rules I no Essendon FC is in the wrong but I see the afl as money grabber and I think it is time the Essendon fc took the AFL to ... more
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
'I can’t believe what Mike did'
Melbourne Football Club President Don McLardy has hit back at Mike Sheahan following last week’s scathing article in which Sheahan labelled the Demons “pathetic and disgusting”.
LISTEN HERE: Mike Sheahan, Caroline Wilson and Gerard Healy speak with a fired up Don McLardy.
On Tuesday night the Melbourne Football Club held a conference with club leaders and support groups which McLardy insists was not a 'crisis meeting'.
“We’ve started a range of meetings with all our key supporters, foundation heroes, coterie groups, to bring them in over the next 6 to 8 weeks” McLardy told 3AW Sports Today.
“To be honest we’ve done this because we are a little bit tired of all the incorrect information that is put out about our football club” he insisted.
“It is very hard for us to get to our members and tell them the right thing; and I don’t want to harp on about the pathetic and disgusting, but that’s what’s on the back page of the paper about our footy club, and obviously our supporters read that, and we highly object to it” McLardy said.
McLardy also spoke out in strong support of Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab after Sheahan questioned if he was the right man for the position.
"I can't believe Mike came out with what he did. I think he completely underestimates the role of CEO" McLardy said.
"I mean this is a $42-million business, with 50 staff, and Mike is there saying 'go to the AFL and get an ambitious kid and chuck him in the role'. I just think that is the most naive thing I’ve heard Mike say in all his time in football.”
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.
Watched this great game and actually shed a tear when Melbourne got up to win and I am a Pies supporter. So happy for Mark Neeld. What have you got to say now Mr Sheahan?Gloria Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Good job Don! Glad your giving it back to that swine called Mike Sheahan, he not only insulted the clubs players and coaching staff, but deeply offended its supporters... Just retire already Mr Sheahan! You will not be missed...Red and blue demon Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 1:36 PM
For a bloke who's semi-retired, Sheahan's still all over the place. Yawn.Robert Drossaert Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:22 AM
Mr McLardy, Sheahan has always been a nasty, headline grabbing grub who knows zlich about football.Gloria Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:16 PM