- Boomer beats his bump ban
- Pies eye high-flying youngster
- Lloydy names his All-Australian team
- Boomer slapped with one week ban
- Finals experience worth 50 games: Dal Santo
- 3AW Football Podcasts
- Winderlich set for 2015
- Simon a good thing for Demons gig
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
- Jimbob on Boomer slapped with one week ban Boomer's antics have nealy cost the roos twice this finals series. Was clearly needed against the bombers and his hit on ... more
- Gloria on Malthouse happy to talk footy, not ... Malthouse doesn't do any favours for his own club and fans by being so confrontational with the press. It makes him look ... more
- Daleo on 'We haven't got free agency right' Why did Demetriou and clan go to USA within the past couple of years if they weren't prepared to explore all aspects of how ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Umpire got it wrong Boss Hayden Kennedy said we got it wrong so next time if you cannot see and are not sure JUST BALL IT UP. EASY more
- Helen on Umpire got it wrong So you got it wrong - gee thanks for letting us know. What a pointless thing to do. I have had a gutful of Carlton being on ... more
- Jacqueline on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton Cachia's work ethic and discipline will see him rehab from his shoulder reconstruction back to his fit form in time for ... more
- Robert on Gillon McLachan on 3AW Football Is this the new CEO heaven help the AFL more
- joanne on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Good for you Boomer, I heard the interview on 3AW with the mate you went halvies with, and he said YOU wanted to donate it ... more
- Lukew on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton So long as Carlton makes its decisions based on what is good for the club and not out of fear of media pressure or bad ... more
- Sinbad on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Selfish on the field, selfish off it too ! more
- Jeanette Jantzen on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... My question is ' Why would you go half's in buying a ticket in the first place and there's probably not even a car for the ... more
- Chez on Evans rejects calls for assault charges I was at this game, although this altercation came from an earlier incident, I still think that Reece Conca from Richmond, ... more
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
'I can’t believe what Mike did'
Melbourne Football Club President Don McLardy has hit back at Mike Sheahan following last week’s scathing article in which Sheahan labelled the Demons “pathetic and disgusting”.
LISTEN HERE: Mike Sheahan, Caroline Wilson and Gerard Healy speak with a fired up Don McLardy.
On Tuesday night the Melbourne Football Club held a conference with club leaders and support groups which McLardy insists was not a 'crisis meeting'.
“We’ve started a range of meetings with all our key supporters, foundation heroes, coterie groups, to bring them in over the next 6 to 8 weeks” McLardy told 3AW Sports Today.
“To be honest we’ve done this because we are a little bit tired of all the incorrect information that is put out about our football club” he insisted.
“It is very hard for us to get to our members and tell them the right thing; and I don’t want to harp on about the pathetic and disgusting, but that’s what’s on the back page of the paper about our footy club, and obviously our supporters read that, and we highly object to it” McLardy said.
McLardy also spoke out in strong support of Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab after Sheahan questioned if he was the right man for the position.
"I can't believe Mike came out with what he did. I think he completely underestimates the role of CEO" McLardy said.
"I mean this is a $42-million business, with 50 staff, and Mike is there saying 'go to the AFL and get an ambitious kid and chuck him in the role'. I just think that is the most naive thing I’ve heard Mike say in all his time in football.”
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.
Watched this great game and actually shed a tear when Melbourne got up to win and I am a Pies supporter. So happy for Mark Neeld. What have you got to say now Mr Sheahan?Gloria Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Good job Don! Glad your giving it back to that swine called Mike Sheahan, he not only insulted the clubs players and coaching staff, but deeply offended its supporters... Just retire already Mr Sheahan! You will not be missed...Red and blue demon Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 1:36 PM
For a bloke who's semi-retired, Sheahan's still all over the place. Yawn.Robert Drossaert Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:22 AM
Mr McLardy, Sheahan has always been a nasty, headline grabbing grub who knows zlich about football.Gloria Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:16 PM