- Selwood says Menzel will return
- AFL pre-season starting to heat up
- 'You only get one chance' - Doc warns
- Mitch Clark ready to roll
- Beveridge named top Dog
- Lloyd accepts coaching role
- AFL comes round to flexible fixtures
- Roo stands by show of support for Milne
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mary marko on Roo stands by show of support for Milne Great to see my boy Nick Riewoldt supporting a fellow teamate.As Nick has stated, he has a mother,sister and wife.l Admire ... more
- Ben on Players won't answer notices Have a look at Ahmed Saad he took it like a man accepted his mistake and didnt try to hide. Grow up Essendon players and ... more
- JK of Clayton on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' Know it all Caroline. You have had it in for James Hird and Essendon forever and a day. more
- Graham on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' If Caro is wrong and Hird is still the Coach at Round One 2015, she needs to resign as a football writer as she will no ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Suns to sack McKenna: Caro Guy Mckenna may well replace Mark Thomposn at Essendon & Mark Thompson may well replace Guy Meknna at Gold Coast Suns the ... more
- IBARKER on Mike Sheahan retires Good Luck ?? About Time. more
- Colin Lacivita on Mike Sheahan retires What are you going to do now Mike? more
- Andrew on Mike Sheahan retires All the best Mike.Hopefully Bruce McAvaney will retire as well more
- acetrim on Mike Sheahan retires I can drive my b double at 100 but not my car at 110 who sets the limits more
- Michael Patten on Mike Sheahan retires Congratulations Mike on being honest, frank and forthright. Enjoy all that you do in retirement... You have earnt it:) more
- Jill on The humble winner I was so proud of Beau Waters taking the Jimmy Stynes award for his contribution in helping his Cancer Foundation in the ... more
- Jason & Lissy on The humble winner Lissy & I are West Coast Eagles Melbourne based afns and we congratulate Matt Matt Priddis on his much deserved 2014 ... more
- Willow on The humble winner So glad that Matt had an outright win and absolutely ecstatic that it wasn't Frankin who took the prized award. more
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
'I can’t believe what Mike did'
Melbourne Football Club President Don McLardy has hit back at Mike Sheahan following last week’s scathing article in which Sheahan labelled the Demons “pathetic and disgusting”.
LISTEN HERE: Mike Sheahan, Caroline Wilson and Gerard Healy speak with a fired up Don McLardy.
On Tuesday night the Melbourne Football Club held a conference with club leaders and support groups which McLardy insists was not a 'crisis meeting'.
“We’ve started a range of meetings with all our key supporters, foundation heroes, coterie groups, to bring them in over the next 6 to 8 weeks” McLardy told 3AW Sports Today.
“To be honest we’ve done this because we are a little bit tired of all the incorrect information that is put out about our football club” he insisted.
“It is very hard for us to get to our members and tell them the right thing; and I don’t want to harp on about the pathetic and disgusting, but that’s what’s on the back page of the paper about our footy club, and obviously our supporters read that, and we highly object to it” McLardy said.
McLardy also spoke out in strong support of Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab after Sheahan questioned if he was the right man for the position.
"I can't believe Mike came out with what he did. I think he completely underestimates the role of CEO" McLardy said.
"I mean this is a $42-million business, with 50 staff, and Mike is there saying 'go to the AFL and get an ambitious kid and chuck him in the role'. I just think that is the most naive thing I’ve heard Mike say in all his time in football.”
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.
Watched this great game and actually shed a tear when Melbourne got up to win and I am a Pies supporter. So happy for Mark Neeld. What have you got to say now Mr Sheahan?Gloria Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Good job Don! Glad your giving it back to that swine called Mike Sheahan, he not only insulted the clubs players and coaching staff, but deeply offended its supporters... Just retire already Mr Sheahan! You will not be missed...Red and blue demon Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 1:36 PM
For a bloke who's semi-retired, Sheahan's still all over the place. Yawn.Robert Drossaert Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:22 AM
Mr McLardy, Sheahan has always been a nasty, headline grabbing grub who knows zlich about football.Gloria Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:16 PM