- Malthouse happy to talk footy, not media
- Rioli to play forward on return
- Still a place for taggers
- AFL teams: Round 22
- Broken neck for Crow
- Umpire got it wrong
- Expect rule change to protect head
- Lewis Roberts-Thomson retires
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
'I can’t believe what Mike did'
Melbourne Football Club President Don McLardy has hit back at Mike Sheahan following last week’s scathing article in which Sheahan labelled the Demons “pathetic and disgusting”.
LISTEN HERE: Mike Sheahan, Caroline Wilson and Gerard Healy speak with a fired up Don McLardy.
On Tuesday night the Melbourne Football Club held a conference with club leaders and support groups which McLardy insists was not a 'crisis meeting'.
“We’ve started a range of meetings with all our key supporters, foundation heroes, coterie groups, to bring them in over the next 6 to 8 weeks” McLardy told 3AW Sports Today.
“To be honest we’ve done this because we are a little bit tired of all the incorrect information that is put out about our football club” he insisted.
“It is very hard for us to get to our members and tell them the right thing; and I don’t want to harp on about the pathetic and disgusting, but that’s what’s on the back page of the paper about our footy club, and obviously our supporters read that, and we highly object to it” McLardy said.
McLardy also spoke out in strong support of Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab after Sheahan questioned if he was the right man for the position.
"I can't believe Mike came out with what he did. I think he completely underestimates the role of CEO" McLardy said.
"I mean this is a $42-million business, with 50 staff, and Mike is there saying 'go to the AFL and get an ambitious kid and chuck him in the role'. I just think that is the most naive thing I’ve heard Mike say in all his time in football.”
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.
Watched this great game and actually shed a tear when Melbourne got up to win and I am a Pies supporter. So happy for Mark Neeld. What have you got to say now Mr Sheahan?Gloria Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Good job Don! Glad your giving it back to that swine called Mike Sheahan, he not only insulted the clubs players and coaching staff, but deeply offended its supporters... Just retire already Mr Sheahan! You will not be missed...Red and blue demon Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 1:36 PM
For a bloke who's semi-retired, Sheahan's still all over the place. Yawn.Robert Drossaert Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:22 AM
Mr McLardy, Sheahan has always been a nasty, headline grabbing grub who knows zlich about football.Gloria Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:16 PM