- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- Sunday Roast and Sweet
- A talkback lashing from Carlton fans
- Will the 'full forward' return?
- 'What a weird ass guy'
- We can match it with Cox and Nic Nat
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
'I can’t believe what Mike did'
Melbourne Football Club President Don McLardy has hit back at Mike Sheahan following last week’s scathing article in which Sheahan labelled the Demons “pathetic and disgusting”.
LISTEN HERE: Mike Sheahan, Caroline Wilson and Gerard Healy speak with a fired up Don McLardy.
On Tuesday night the Melbourne Football Club held a conference with club leaders and support groups which McLardy insists was not a 'crisis meeting'.
“We’ve started a range of meetings with all our key supporters, foundation heroes, coterie groups, to bring them in over the next 6 to 8 weeks” McLardy told 3AW Sports Today.
“To be honest we’ve done this because we are a little bit tired of all the incorrect information that is put out about our football club” he insisted.
“It is very hard for us to get to our members and tell them the right thing; and I don’t want to harp on about the pathetic and disgusting, but that’s what’s on the back page of the paper about our footy club, and obviously our supporters read that, and we highly object to it” McLardy said.
McLardy also spoke out in strong support of Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab after Sheahan questioned if he was the right man for the position.
"I can't believe Mike came out with what he did. I think he completely underestimates the role of CEO" McLardy said.
"I mean this is a $42-million business, with 50 staff, and Mike is there saying 'go to the AFL and get an ambitious kid and chuck him in the role'. I just think that is the most naive thing I’ve heard Mike say in all his time in football.”
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.
Watched this great game and actually shed a tear when Melbourne got up to win and I am a Pies supporter. So happy for Mark Neeld. What have you got to say now Mr Sheahan?Gloria Sunday 3 June, 2012 - 10:09 AM
Good job Don! Glad your giving it back to that swine called Mike Sheahan, he not only insulted the clubs players and coaching staff, but deeply offended its supporters... Just retire already Mr Sheahan! You will not be missed...Red and blue demon Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 1:36 PM
For a bloke who's semi-retired, Sheahan's still all over the place. Yawn.Robert Drossaert Thursday 31 May, 2012 - 10:22 AM
Mr McLardy, Sheahan has always been a nasty, headline grabbing grub who knows zlich about football.Gloria Wednesday 30 May, 2012 - 11:16 PM