- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- Sunday Roast and Sweet
- A talkback lashing from Carlton fans
- Will the 'full forward' return?
- 'What a weird ass guy'
- We can match it with Cox and Nic Nat
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
Malthouse: I could've played in '82 Grand Final
Mick Malthouse told 3AW Football he believes he could’ve played in the 1982 Carlton vs Richmond Grand Final, despite being ruled out due to a shoulder dislocation in the second semi-final.
”I still believe now that even though it (came) out on that Friday or Thursday, it went back in straight after training. I reckon I could've waited on the other side of the banner and still taken a few out,” Mick Malthouse supposed on 3AW Football.
But despite Malthouse’s assertions that he was match fit, the Richmond club doctor who made the call to drop Mick from the 1982 Richmond Grand Final side thought otherwise.
Dr David Marsh said Malthouse had dislocated his shoulder too badly two weeks prior at Waverley in Richmond’s semi-final against Carlton at Waverley Park.
“There was no way known on God's earth, mate that you were going to get better in two weeks,” Dr David Marsh told 3AW Football.
LISTEN: Former Tigers club doctor Dr David Marsh calls 3AW Football:
I was at Richmond training that night and saw Mick go thru the most gruelling test i have ever seen. Watched on as Francis Bourke gave Mick the biggest bumps into his shoulder not even a fit man would have survived.bruce Tuesday 8 May, 2012 - 6:49 PM
Yes and I could have had a vasectomy in 1982.Ivan @ Kinnane Wednesday 11 April, 2012 - 5:43 AM
8 ball in the side pocket... and Malthouse in the back pocket!A.Milbourne Monday 9 April, 2012 - 2:36 PM