- Footy to get goalpost cameras
- Nic Nat overrated: Shaw
- Sunday Roast and Sweet: Round 5
- 'The boys have been pretty ordinary'
- Richo gets stuck in a lift
- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
Malthouse uneasy after public spat
Former Magpies coach Mick Malthouse has told Sports Today that recent comments made by himself and Eddie McGuire has made him question his ability to work in the media.
Malthouse who this year took on roles as an AFL commentator at 3AW and Channel 7, said he is now nervous about any comments he makes in the media regarding Collingwood.
"I'm getting paid to do a job, I don't know whether I can actually do that job as openly and honestly as I wanted to do that job," he said.
Malthouse said his relationship with Eddie McGuire since departing the Magpies was "amicable" and "strained", but that he was happy with the support offered to him from current and former players and officials from the club. He said the pair had not yet spoken after their public spat.
Malthouse and McGuire were embroiled in a radio feud over the past two days after Mick said the Magpies were lacking confidence on 3AW Football, in light of Collingwood losing to arch-rivals Carlton on Friday night.
McGuire then bit back at Malthouse, saying "he wouldn’t have a friend at Collingwood today" and telling him to "move on".
Malthouse responded to McGuire's comments on the Neil Mitchell program yesterday, warning Eddie not to try to divide him from his friends at Collingwood.
LISTEN: Mick Malthouse on Sports Today:
Presidents should be seen but not heard.Mark Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 1:35 PM
stick to your principles and tell it as it is. Tony Shaw was criticised for the same thing when he began in the media. Collingwood people especially Eddie cannot handle the truthrob Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 10:54 PM
Malthouse deserves a great deal more respect than what McGuire's shown him. Footy fans are fortunate to have a man of his experience and achievements working in the media. It seems some have forgotten this is what he's paid and well within his rights to do.Christine Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 9:03 PM
Grow up EddieMICK Tuesday 17 April, 2012 - 8:36 PM