- 'The boys have been pretty ordinary'
- Richo gets stuck in a lift
- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- Sunday Roast and Sweet
- A talkback lashing from Carlton fans
- Will the 'full forward' return?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
Mifsud and Davey resolve race allegation issue
Following last week's AFL race allegation debacle, Jason Mifsud conceded Aaron Davey never told him that Mark Neeld was treating indigenous players differently in Melbourne's pre-season player meetings.
Davey and Mifsud met today and issued a joint statement, saying "Jason now accepts that Aaron didn’t say the words that were published by Grant Thomas and Jason has apologised to Aaron for putting him in the situation where those words were published."
“I have apologised to Aaron personally for the distress this has caused him and his family and I am pleased we were able to fully discuss the matter,” Jason Mifsud said.
Aaron Davey said there was clearly a misunderstanding following the pair's conversation.
Jason is a man I trust and respect and I look forward to working with him in the future,” Aaron Davey said.
SPORTS TODAY: Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently, but said Mifsud is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
This "result" is a perfect example of paternalistic head patting followed by "now go away there's nothing to see".jgl Melb Wednesday 11 April, 2012 - 9:24 AM
How about an apology from Caroline Wilson as well.Gloria Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 5:27 PM
This whole debacle is turning into an episode of verbal gymnastics that would put some of our parasites,oops, politicians to shame.And the most insulting aspect of it all is that the authors of same expect us,the plebs,to believe it.jgl Melb Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 3:50 PM
Mifsud has to go. The AFL has to act. How can his position in the AFL continue after this? He may not have fabricated the story but he certainly got the facts wrong and if he can't be trusted on that level then his tenure must be terminated.john Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 3:09 PM