- Brad Scott impressive post game
- Dale Thomas out with ankle injury
- AFL drug testing: 26 players test positive in 2012
- Luke Ball set to return for Collingwood
- AFL to hold first-ever women's player draft
- Cats and Dons break TV ratings record
- Malthouse blasts Waite suspension
- Axe looms over Mark Neeld after Melbourne's devastating loss to Gold Coast
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Monica on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... They have had enough priority draft picks and number one picks to build 2 champion teams. It appears the Recruiting team ... more
- william grant on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... mark Neeld needs to go now! He is damaging the Melbourne football club. Brett Ratten if available would be my choice. The ... more
- JMB Gold Coast on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... You really do have to feel for the guy! He obviously does have a high level experience and is a quality coach. How often ... more
- Lukew on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Usually I am against these rule changes, but I like this one and think it would work well. It makes a lot of sense. more
- Brad Moore on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... All areas of the club need reviewing.The Coach is the coach, footy manager is that, team manager is team manager and so ... more
- Lukew on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I am not a Melbourne supporter, but I agree with Phil and Stephen. I feel sorry for some of these younger players whose ... more
- Justin on Racist taunts directed at Majak Daw There is no right to publically say what you like in regards to race etc. It is called offensive, hate speech. There may ... more
- Denise on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... I have heard the comment that the intensity wasnt there, I have heard Chris Garland defend Mark Neeld and blame the team. ... more
- Richard on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... As a Melbourne supporter (and member) for decades I believe the current lack of basic skills, determination, desire, run and ... more
- Stephen on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Not a Melbourne fan but I believe this is far deeper than a skill problem as some are suggesting. Its morale and confidence ... more
- Greg on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... It's all good and well to say sack the coach but Norm Smith,Ron Barassi or Tom Hafey couldn't coach this team to a win.The ... more
- Anthony on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Breaks my heart when I take my 3 small boys (10, 8 & 8) all dressed up in their Dees gear to one of the only games I think ... more
- mylene on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Right about now the year's suspension the Dees should have got for tanking would have been less humiliating than the way ... more
- Jillian on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... The pride and spirit of the great Melbourne Football Club has unfortunately gone to heaven with Jimmy Stynes. more
- Phil on Axe looms over Mark Neeld after ... Nothing will happen. I agree something needs to be done and he his in the firing line. People say you can't keep sackin ... more
- IAN on Geelong unbeaten from 7 games So What.?? more
- John on Leigh Matthews calls for goal post rule ... Leigh Matthews has lost the plot. Maybe just get rid of the review system. Leave the game alone! more
- Gloss on Racist taunts directed at Majak Daw @Kylie I do not believe you when you says that babies in prams have been racially abused, think you are endeavouring to ... more
- Gloria on Mark rule interpretation changed heaps: ... Trav everyone is confused with the new interpretation of 'pushing' and 'bumping', players, coaches, supporters and most ... more
- bc on Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley in ... Ken hinkley would not be the first person who didnt want to go to hobart more
Mifsud and Davey resolve race allegation issue
Following last week's AFL race allegation debacle, Jason Mifsud conceded Aaron Davey never told him that Mark Neeld was treating indigenous players differently in Melbourne's pre-season player meetings.
Davey and Mifsud met today and issued a joint statement, saying "Jason now accepts that Aaron didn’t say the words that were published by Grant Thomas and Jason has apologised to Aaron for putting him in the situation where those words were published."
“I have apologised to Aaron personally for the distress this has caused him and his family and I am pleased we were able to fully discuss the matter,” Jason Mifsud said.
Aaron Davey said there was clearly a misunderstanding following the pair's conversation.
Jason is a man I trust and respect and I look forward to working with him in the future,” Aaron Davey said.
SPORTS TODAY: Caroline Wilson insists Jason Mifsud would not have fabricated the allegations that Mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently, but said Mifsud is currently “looking like a loose cannon.”
AFL's APOLOGY: AFL Community Engagement Manager Jason Mifsud has apologised for leaking the claim that Demons coach mark Neeld treated indigenous players differently. AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said Mifsud had been reprimanded for his actions.
This "result" is a perfect example of paternalistic head patting followed by "now go away there's nothing to see".jgl Melb Wednesday 11 April, 2012 - 9:24 AM
How about an apology from Caroline Wilson as well.Gloria Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 5:27 PM
This whole debacle is turning into an episode of verbal gymnastics that would put some of our parasites,oops, politicians to shame.And the most insulting aspect of it all is that the authors of same expect us,the plebs,to believe it.jgl Melb Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 3:50 PM
Mifsud has to go. The AFL has to act. How can his position in the AFL continue after this? He may not have fabricated the story but he certainly got the facts wrong and if he can't be trusted on that level then his tenure must be terminated.john Tuesday 10 April, 2012 - 3:09 PM