- Bring in sin bin to combat thuggery
- Shagga calls time on footy career
- 'Surprised he's not out for the season'
- AFL release Round 23 fixture
- 'What do you gain by potting Tyrone?'
- Malceski set to reunite with Roos?
- Vickery heading straight to tribunal
- Nick Maxwell on 3AW Football
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
The AFL's most influential people?
SPORTS TODAY: 3AW's Mike Sheahan has named who he believes to be the 12 most influential people in the AFL.
Who has Mike missed?
12. Gerard Whateley – Journalist
11. Shane Crawford – Auskick Ambassador
10. Karmichael Hunt – Gold Coast Suns
9. Eddie McGuire – Collingwood President
EQUAL 7. Peter Campbell - Foxtel sports director
EQUAL 7. David Leckie – Channel 7 CEO
6. Matt Finnis - AFLPA chief executive
5. Bill Kelty AO – AFL Commissioner
4. Adrian Anderson – AFL Football Operations Manager
3. Mike Fitzpatrick - AFL Commission Chairman
2. Gillon McLachlan - AFL Broadcasting & Commercial Officer
1. Andrew Demetriou - AFL Chief Executive Officer
LISTEN: Mike Sheahan explains his choices on Sports Today
Former AFL stars Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy keep you informed about the game all year round, but particularly in-season. When AFL takes a break, the boys ensure all of your sporting requirements are met.
AFL go to hellMike Crawley Sunday 21 October, 2012 - 3:40 PM
Go the Swans we can beat the bummers if we ouramtk them ( got killed in that department last week) and we play UP to the opposition and play smart .Essendon had the luxury of playing touch football last as the Dogs only made 1 lousy tackle for the match,the bummers will hit non stop by the Swans for the total match but the boys have to counterman the bummers fast handball/long kicks. It'll be a great game Both sides will give their all Swans by 5points.Olorunnisola Friday 15 June, 2012 - 6:02 PM
What a pointless list. I'm waiting for somebody to compile a list of the most pointless lists.
For God's sake. Who really cares?the serial pest Friday 27 April, 2012 - 4:11 PM
Could Sheahan please get a life?Craig Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 4:06 PM
In the cases of #1 and #9 I would rate them at the top for self-serving.Jake Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 2:03 PM