- Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one?
- Demon to miss rest of 2014
- 'We've gone into our shells': Swann
- Sunday Roast and Sweet
- A talkback lashing from Carlton fans
- Will the 'full forward' return?
- 'What a weird ass guy'
- We can match it with Cox and Nic Nat
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- jgl Melb on Is Tom Elliott Carlton's chosen one? So does this mean Caaaarlton will have beige included into their colours? more
- Craig on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules One word BUMP!!!! It's one of the pillars of the AFL game and it's being hacked down by the commission! Doesn't stop them ... more
- David Williams on Put the Aussie back into Aussie Rules I cant stand watching this game of tackle anymore, it is a bloody joke, with players jumping into one anothers backsand ... more
- GIW on Carlton lack quality kids: Lloyd Yes,Caaarltons recruiting has been not good. Perhaps if they finish last on the ladder they could get a select recruit but ... more
- ccc on Worst crowds for 20 years Good and I hope they are down all year.The AFL want to screw the grass roots supporter by charging more for "premium" games ... more
- Gazza on Lloyd: Thanks for your service, Fletch A true legend..... more
- David T. on 'It's all about James Hird' Has it occurred to Caroline Wilson, that the middle letter of MCG is "C", for Cricket; not "F" for Football? more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Dog with a bone...Hird is probably frustrated because he cannot speak to defend himself against some fairly ordinary and ... more
- Stephen on 'It's all about James Hird' James Hird says he is counting down the days. Then says I think its less than 6 months now?Either you are counting or not! more
- Paul on 'It's all about James Hird' Really Caro, enough is enough, let it go for heavens sake.This saga is defining you, its no longer just reporting the facts ... more
- Ned on 'It's all about James Hird' Andrew, Get your facts straight James has been charged with bad governance, and punished, ( he would rather be coaching his ... more
- Gloss on 'It's all about James Hird' Am with you all the way Caro, if Hird is reinstated as coach I will never ever watch another Essendon game. more
- GIW on 'It's all about James Hird' It is all about Hird and it is a bloody disgrace that he was paid. Essendon management should be brought to account as to ... more
- Philip Maguire on 'It's all about James Hird' On the contrary it's all about Caro Wilson. Hird earned his legendary status and has retained his dignity thriughout this ... more
- Steve on 'It's all about James Hird' Hird is going to disrupt the club again this year just go away! more
- Diane on 'It's all about James Hird' There she goes again, mouthing off. Caro, you say the round is not about him. Yet every week you see to write a story about ... more
- Pat on 'It's all about James Hird' This woman should shut her mouth as everything that comes out if it is twisted. To call her 'the first lady of football' is ... more
- dom on 'It's all about James Hird' He knows he did wrong,just didn't do anything illegal more
- Andrew on 'It's all about James Hird' Caroline Wilson is the pathetic one. This self appointed moral guardian of a game she knows nothing about is a dog with a ... more
- jason on 'It's all about James Hird' Mcg... melbourne cricket ground more
VFL fans accused of racist taunts
VFL fans are accused of racially vilifying players during a Frankston-Coburg match.
Frankston supporters allegedly lashed out at opposition players during the quarter time and three-quarter time huddles in yesterday's VFL clash at Frankston Oval.
Richmond's Andrew Browne was playing for the Coburg Tigers and has taken to twitter to label Frankston fans 'disgusting'.
Browne tweeted that people were coming up to the huddle and verbally abusing individuals.
He says there's no place in the game for racist comments.
Coburg's general manager has referred the matter to the AFL while Frankston says it isn't aware of the allegations.
Disappointed with Coburg's performance. Frankston supporters were disgusting. There is no place in the game for some of the comments made.— Andrew Browne (@abrowne34) April 22, 2012
IMAGE: Andrew Browne voiced his 'disgust' on twitter
Another racial incident at an Aussie Ball game. The reality is far different from the idyllic picture the AFL & the media would have you believe. Aussie Ball is no place for anyone who is not an Anglo.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 2:12 PM
So why didn't the players simply take matters into their own hands? No use tweeting after the game.
It was probably a couple of alcohol effected loudmouths. I am sure the Frankston players would have been happy to give the Coburg players a hand.
Would have resolved the issue and sent a very clear message as to the standard of behaviour expected of people attending matches.Wondering Monday 23 April, 2012 - 3:08 PM