- Buddy to wear number 23
- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Magpie star to change name You. Must. Be. Joking. What is the point he is trying to make? It makes him look insecure and attention seeking. more
- Sinbad on Magpie star to change name And this is newsworthy because.........? more
- gbh on Essendon breach player rules That should keep North Melbourne afloat for another month or two. more
- Rod Miller on Essendon breach player rules I no Essendon FC is in the wrong but I see the afl as money grabber and I think it is time the Essendon fc took the AFL to ... more
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
- nat carr on Campbell Brown told to stay away I cannot see why people are suprised .his dad was a thug ,he is a thug and his kids will be thugs more
- Go Mighty Maggies on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... I sure Bucks is not the only Collingwood coach/official who makes the decisions as to who goes. Not sure that I like some of ... more
VFL fans accused of racist taunts
VFL fans are accused of racially vilifying players during a Frankston-Coburg match.
Frankston supporters allegedly lashed out at opposition players during the quarter time and three-quarter time huddles in yesterday's VFL clash at Frankston Oval.
Richmond's Andrew Browne was playing for the Coburg Tigers and has taken to twitter to label Frankston fans 'disgusting'.
Browne tweeted that people were coming up to the huddle and verbally abusing individuals.
He says there's no place in the game for racist comments.
Coburg's general manager has referred the matter to the AFL while Frankston says it isn't aware of the allegations.
Disappointed with Coburg's performance. Frankston supporters were disgusting. There is no place in the game for some of the comments made.— Andrew Browne (@abrowne34) April 22, 2012
IMAGE: Andrew Browne voiced his 'disgust' on twitter
Another racial incident at an Aussie Ball game. The reality is far different from the idyllic picture the AFL & the media would have you believe. Aussie Ball is no place for anyone who is not an Anglo.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 2:12 PM
So why didn't the players simply take matters into their own hands? No use tweeting after the game.
It was probably a couple of alcohol effected loudmouths. I am sure the Frankston players would have been happy to give the Coburg players a hand.
Would have resolved the issue and sent a very clear message as to the standard of behaviour expected of people attending matches.Wondering Monday 23 April, 2012 - 3:08 PM