- Dew keen for top job
- Paddy Ryder quits Essendon
- Paying out coaches a 'huge problem'
- Lethal: My love-hate relationship with September
- 'I'm committed to the Melbourne model'
- Crows part ways with Sanderson
- Swann confirms Robbo talks
- Boomer beats his bump ban
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
- Jimbob on Boomer slapped with one week ban Boomer's antics have nealy cost the roos twice this finals series. Was clearly needed against the bombers and his hit on ... more
- Gloria on Malthouse happy to talk footy, not ... Malthouse doesn't do any favours for his own club and fans by being so confrontational with the press. It makes him look ... more
- Daleo on 'We haven't got free agency right' Why did Demetriou and clan go to USA within the past couple of years if they weren't prepared to explore all aspects of how ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Umpire got it wrong Boss Hayden Kennedy said we got it wrong so next time if you cannot see and are not sure JUST BALL IT UP. EASY more
- Helen on Umpire got it wrong So you got it wrong - gee thanks for letting us know. What a pointless thing to do. I have had a gutful of Carlton being on ... more
- Jacqueline on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton Cachia's work ethic and discipline will see him rehab from his shoulder reconstruction back to his fit form in time for ... more
- Robert on Gillon McLachan on 3AW Football Is this the new CEO heaven help the AFL more
- joanne on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Good for you Boomer, I heard the interview on 3AW with the mate you went halvies with, and he said YOU wanted to donate it ... more
- Lukew on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton So long as Carlton makes its decisions based on what is good for the club and not out of fear of media pressure or bad ... more
- Sinbad on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Selfish on the field, selfish off it too ! more
- Jeanette Jantzen on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... My question is ' Why would you go half's in buying a ticket in the first place and there's probably not even a car for the ... more
- Chez on Evans rejects calls for assault charges I was at this game, although this altercation came from an earlier incident, I still think that Reece Conca from Richmond, ... more
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
VFL fans accused of racist taunts
VFL fans are accused of racially vilifying players during a Frankston-Coburg match.
Frankston supporters allegedly lashed out at opposition players during the quarter time and three-quarter time huddles in yesterday's VFL clash at Frankston Oval.
Richmond's Andrew Browne was playing for the Coburg Tigers and has taken to twitter to label Frankston fans 'disgusting'.
Browne tweeted that people were coming up to the huddle and verbally abusing individuals.
He says there's no place in the game for racist comments.
Coburg's general manager has referred the matter to the AFL while Frankston says it isn't aware of the allegations.
Disappointed with Coburg's performance. Frankston supporters were disgusting. There is no place in the game for some of the comments made.— Andrew Browne (@abrowne34) April 22, 2012
IMAGE: Andrew Browne voiced his 'disgust' on twitter
Another racial incident at an Aussie Ball game. The reality is far different from the idyllic picture the AFL & the media would have you believe. Aussie Ball is no place for anyone who is not an Anglo.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 2:12 PM
So why didn't the players simply take matters into their own hands? No use tweeting after the game.
It was probably a couple of alcohol effected loudmouths. I am sure the Frankston players would have been happy to give the Coburg players a hand.
Would have resolved the issue and sent a very clear message as to the standard of behaviour expected of people attending matches.Wondering Monday 23 April, 2012 - 3:08 PM