- 'It's time to earn back respect'
- Selwood says Menzel will return
- AFL pre-season starting to heat up
- 'You only get one chance' - Doc warns
- Mitch Clark ready to roll
- Beveridge named top Dog
- Lloyd accepts coaching role
- AFL comes round to flexible fixtures
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- mary marko on Roo stands by show of support for Milne Great to see my boy Nick Riewoldt supporting a fellow teamate.As Nick has stated, he has a mother,sister and wife.l Admire ... more
- Ben on Players won't answer notices Have a look at Ahmed Saad he took it like a man accepted his mistake and didnt try to hide. Grow up Essendon players and ... more
- JK of Clayton on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' Know it all Caroline. You have had it in for James Hird and Essendon forever and a day. more
- Graham on 'That's not a coach who looks safe' If Caro is wrong and Hird is still the Coach at Round One 2015, she needs to resign as a football writer as she will no ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Suns to sack McKenna: Caro Guy Mckenna may well replace Mark Thomposn at Essendon & Mark Thompson may well replace Guy Meknna at Gold Coast Suns the ... more
- IBARKER on Mike Sheahan retires Good Luck ?? About Time. more
- Colin Lacivita on Mike Sheahan retires What are you going to do now Mike? more
- Andrew on Mike Sheahan retires All the best Mike.Hopefully Bruce McAvaney will retire as well more
- acetrim on Mike Sheahan retires I can drive my b double at 100 but not my car at 110 who sets the limits more
- Michael Patten on Mike Sheahan retires Congratulations Mike on being honest, frank and forthright. Enjoy all that you do in retirement... You have earnt it:) more
- Jill on The humble winner I was so proud of Beau Waters taking the Jimmy Stynes award for his contribution in helping his Cancer Foundation in the ... more
- Jason & Lissy on The humble winner Lissy & I are West Coast Eagles Melbourne based afns and we congratulate Matt Matt Priddis on his much deserved 2014 ... more
- Willow on The humble winner So glad that Matt had an outright win and absolutely ecstatic that it wasn't Frankin who took the prized award. more
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
VFL fans accused of racist taunts
VFL fans are accused of racially vilifying players during a Frankston-Coburg match.
Frankston supporters allegedly lashed out at opposition players during the quarter time and three-quarter time huddles in yesterday's VFL clash at Frankston Oval.
Richmond's Andrew Browne was playing for the Coburg Tigers and has taken to twitter to label Frankston fans 'disgusting'.
Browne tweeted that people were coming up to the huddle and verbally abusing individuals.
He says there's no place in the game for racist comments.
Coburg's general manager has referred the matter to the AFL while Frankston says it isn't aware of the allegations.
Disappointed with Coburg's performance. Frankston supporters were disgusting. There is no place in the game for some of the comments made.— Andrew Browne (@abrowne34) April 22, 2012
IMAGE: Andrew Browne voiced his 'disgust' on twitter
Another racial incident at an Aussie Ball game. The reality is far different from the idyllic picture the AFL & the media would have you believe. Aussie Ball is no place for anyone who is not an Anglo.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 2:12 PM
So why didn't the players simply take matters into their own hands? No use tweeting after the game.
It was probably a couple of alcohol effected loudmouths. I am sure the Frankston players would have been happy to give the Coburg players a hand.
Would have resolved the issue and sent a very clear message as to the standard of behaviour expected of people attending matches.Wondering Monday 23 April, 2012 - 3:08 PM