- Mike Sheahan and Matthew Richardson interview
- Lions unveil new club boss
- Hird gagged and no match-day role
- 'Most players want fewer games'
- It's gone too far, let Hunt go
- How to fix the footy fixture
- Lloyd: No role for Hird this year
- Revealed: Caroline Wilson's real name
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gloss on Hird gagged and no match-day role Agree Ian, Hird is the only one who has gained anything out of this experiment with the players (full pay and trip overseas) ... more
- ian on Hird gagged and no match-day role I as ESSENDON member for a long time feel sorry for "BOMBER'??As a premier ship coach and the Essendon Board will regret ... more
- Julie on Hird gagged and no match-day role It would seem that at last Essendon has made a wise decision in overseeing James Hird's behaviour and interaction in the ... more
- JohnTurner on Hird gagged and no match-day role James Hird is an Essendon FC icon. As such he should be the one saying when and what he should talk to the media when his ... more
- Liz Baker on Hird gagged and no match-day role Ridiculous to even report. This has always been the case from the start. A non story. more
- Jill on Big Cox bows out It is sad to see that this is going to be a year where we are going to sadly see a great number of our great football ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd 3AW is the best thank you for posting the Matthew Lloyd interview online. A few months ago Mike Sheahan interviewed Leigh ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Open (radio) Mike with Matthew Lloyd Where are you lloyd how are the saints going. more
- Mark on Dwayne: 'Best goal of all time' He should have been pinged for travelling. I counted at least 20 strides between one bounce that equates to about 30 metres more
- Liz Baker on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Hey Mr Shaw, how about "How terrific were Essendon " oh yeah. more
- Go (not so mighty) Maggies on Shaw: Pies are too 'small and slow' Yes Shawry they are most definitely too slow, was agony watching them tryng to keep up with their opponents. They don't man ... more
- Matt on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Apologising to the player is beside the point. How about an apology to the thousands of gay kids struggling with their ... more
- Kevin Weston on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Once again we see ignorance and out of date comments, from the so-called superior male club, with Brian Taylor's public ... more
- Kevin on Brian Taylor stands down from ... Truly disgraceful that BT was stood down. You are giving in to the left minority again. Get over yourselves, harmless ... more
- Ricta on Lake rubbed out for four You absolutely meant to do what you did, your knuckles were white... and then you cower and whimper like a little girl. ... more
- Jill on Lake rubbed out for four Let's hope we do not see these actions taken by a footballer in a game of football again! They are inexcusable and shameful ... more
- Graham on Caro: Crowd experimentation over I would love to leave the MCG, hit the Victoria/Elizabeth Street intersection & see cars coming down from Princes Park with ... more
- Dean on Caro: Crowd experimentation over As for a footy schedule for next year:2 Friday night games - one to be televised by 7 and the other by fox3 Saturday day ... more
- Don Rigaldi on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Don't worry saints supporters based on Lloyd track record you'll win the flag next year more
- wotever on Lloyd: Saints going nowhere fast Worry about your drugged up team more
VFL fans accused of racist taunts
VFL fans are accused of racially vilifying players during a Frankston-Coburg match.
Frankston supporters allegedly lashed out at opposition players during the quarter time and three-quarter time huddles in yesterday's VFL clash at Frankston Oval.
Richmond's Andrew Browne was playing for the Coburg Tigers and has taken to twitter to label Frankston fans 'disgusting'.
Browne tweeted that people were coming up to the huddle and verbally abusing individuals.
He says there's no place in the game for racist comments.
Coburg's general manager has referred the matter to the AFL while Frankston says it isn't aware of the allegations.
Disappointed with Coburg's performance. Frankston supporters were disgusting. There is no place in the game for some of the comments made.— Andrew Browne (@abrowne34) April 22, 2012
IMAGE: Andrew Browne voiced his 'disgust' on twitter
Another racial incident at an Aussie Ball game. The reality is far different from the idyllic picture the AFL & the media would have you believe. Aussie Ball is no place for anyone who is not an Anglo.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 2:12 PM
So why didn't the players simply take matters into their own hands? No use tweeting after the game.
It was probably a couple of alcohol effected loudmouths. I am sure the Frankston players would have been happy to give the Coburg players a hand.
Would have resolved the issue and sent a very clear message as to the standard of behaviour expected of people attending matches.Wondering Monday 23 April, 2012 - 3:08 PM