- Essendon breach player rules
- Magpie star to change name
- Saad to face ASADA appeal
- Nick Duigan to retire
- Details of James Hird's secret deal with AFL revealed
- Griffen named top dog
- Riewoldt a one club player
- Goddard runs in to former team mates
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Andrew on Magpie star to change name You. Must. Be. Joking. What is the point he is trying to make? It makes him look insecure and attention seeking. more
- Sinbad on Magpie star to change name And this is newsworthy because.........? more
- gbh on Essendon breach player rules That should keep North Melbourne afloat for another month or two. more
- Rod Miller on Essendon breach player rules I no Essendon FC is in the wrong but I see the afl as money grabber and I think it is time the Essendon fc took the AFL to ... more
- bushiepete on Riewoldt a one club player good on ya nick you are a true champion of the game and a real sainter stick with us and stay on with the media . a very ... more
- Gloss on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... BS @David, Essendon had an 'organised drug' taking scheme going on and Hird was at the head of it all. Ask some of the ex ... more
- Graham on I preferred Malthouse over Buckley: ... Shaw did not say he agreed with Jolly. He said he respected his right to speak his mind, but obviously that does not make ... more
- Graham on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... So does that mean the AFL is paying for Hird's course he's doing overseas?? So now it's the suspension you have when you're ... more
- JamesD on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Sensation - negotiations were held to reach a deal. Wow. Mitchell Herald Sun just so on top of it - what a waste of time. more
- David on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... There was no proof of any illegal drugs being used. No evidence that Hird was an instigator of it. Essendon were just scape ... more
- Peter on Details of James Hird's secret deal ... Is anyone really surprised by this? The St Kilda guy got 18 months for essentially nothing and Essendon (and players) are ... more
- Christine on Carlton set for altitude camp So sour puss Malthouse believes this will give them the ability to soldier on when they are sleep deprived and will learn to ... more
- Catherine on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... First he bagged Josh Fraser and now Nathan Buckley. He is becoming a serial whinger. more
- Dave on Campbell Brown told to stay away Bye bye Browndog - when you're better known for commentary on Footy Trips, Grand Final Sprints and grabs on morning TV than ... more
- Andrew on Campbell Brown told to stay away Brownie wisdom is something that is attained the older you get or looking back in hindsight.Is there a problem with alcohol ... more
- Andrew on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... Get over it Darren the club is always bigger than the player.You had a great run with premierships at two clubs. more
- Colin Lacivita on Campbell Brown told to stay away We should never forget how back in 2009 Campbell Brown declared war and he was coming to get Matthew Lloyd and called him a ... more
- mad john on Campbell Brown told to stay away The irony is that they were fighting over a bill when they get paid well above the average wage in Australia. Then they get ... more
- nat carr on Campbell Brown told to stay away I cannot see why people are suprised .his dad was a thug ,he is a thug and his kids will be thugs more
- Go Mighty Maggies on Darren Jolly's backflip on Nathan ... I sure Bucks is not the only Collingwood coach/official who makes the decisions as to who goes. Not sure that I like some of ... more
Were the Saints fans too close?
Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has not taken personal offence to the St Kilda fans relentless jeering, after his sides 13-point win on Friday night.
Following the win Lyon walked through a crowd of St Kilda fans who were not afraid to express their feelings toward the man who took their club to consecutive Grand Finals in 2009 and 2010.
“The fans, they pay their coin and it’s the entertainment business” Ross Lyon told 3AW Football.
“The only difficulty for me mostly, and I was fine, but it’s a group of players (St Kilda) that you come up to for the first time. It’s been put away in a compartment, while I’ve been over in Perth, but you walk back into Etihad and it floods back a little bit.”
“But outside of that it’s water off a ducks back to be frank” Lyon said.
LISTEN BELOW: Fremantle Coach Ross Lyon on 3AW Football
Football Legend Leigh Matthews questioned if the aisles at Etihad Stadium should be widened to protect the coaches with angry St Kilda fans coming within an arms length of Lyon at the end of the game.
“When you walk up that aisle it’s very narrow, and there is really very volatile supporters within touching distance. You do wonder if they should take a couple of seats away to make those aisles wider” Matthews said.
“You are spot on” Lyon’s replied. “I remember, I think it was John Worsfold (West Coast Eagles coach) that was coming down the MCG aisle and he grabbed someone by their scarf, which was lucky for them, and then I think that they widened it.”
Lyon said that the closeness of supporters was not overly disconcerting but told 3AW Footy “it only needs one. There was a game against Essendon a couple of years ago when a couple of young people put their foot out to trip me and then they bolted.”
Ross Lyon’s next big test comes next Saturday when Fremantle line up against the Blues in Perth.
IMAGE: Sebastian Costanzo for The Age.
@3AW693 the coaches should have some kind of underground tunnel to the coaches box. Shouldn't have to go through the crowd— Brent Thomas N (@bthomas_11) April 21, 2012
@3AW693 I was there last night. Main booing I heard was directed at umpires. Crowd were fantastic. That pic shows ONE fan.— Lou (@love_lentils) April 21, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Matt posted 10.53am, you are at it again, what riot at the Carlton, Collingwood game and crowd violence all over the State? I'm betting that you do not support any AFL team and are probably a Soccer fan, that is where the 'riots' happen.Gloria Sunday 29 April, 2012 - 9:56 PM
Surely after all the crowd violence last year at games all over the state at all levels & the riot at the recent Carlton Collingwood game security should have been alot tighter. I would never take my kids to a Aussie Ball game due to the crowd violence & this photo just confirms my fear, look at the hatred in this guys face, scary.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 23 April, 2012 - 10:53 AM
that loud mouth wanker shouting at ross could be a soccer/hockey supporter hes not a true sainter weres hes colours of support. thats typical of sat night club piss potbushiepete Monday 23 April, 2012 - 8:32 AM