- Former Sun whacks Guy McKenna
- Guy McKenna sacked
- Suns to sack McKenna: Caro
- Dees happy to deal with Cats
- Naked football fan escapes lightly
- We've found Luke Hodge
- Lloyd says Hird should coach on
- Sam Mitchell live from Hawthorn Mad Monday
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jason & Lissy on Suns to sack McKenna: Caro Guy Mckenna may well replace Mark Thomposn at Essendon & Mark Thompson may well replace Guy Meknna at Gold Coast Suns the ... more
- Jill on The humble winner I was so proud of Beau Waters taking the Jimmy Stynes award for his contribution in helping his Cancer Foundation in the ... more
- Jason & Lissy on The humble winner Lissy & I are West Coast Eagles Melbourne based afns and we congratulate Matt Matt Priddis on his much deserved 2014 ... more
- Willow on The humble winner So glad that Matt had an outright win and absolutely ecstatic that it wasn't Frankin who took the prized award. more
- Bee on Boomer beats his bump ban This decision by the tribunal is nothing but a joke, here is a senior player no matter what team he plays for, in his first ... more
- alan on Lloydy names his All-Australian team Have a closer look at Eric McKenzies numbers past two years Lloydy more
- Ross on Lloydy names his All-Australian team IN: McKenzie, Priddis, Martin and JacobsOUT: Tahlia, Pendlebury, Gibbs and Sandilands more
- Scott on Lloydy names his All-Australian team No Mackenzie, No Martin, No idea more
- Gazza on Boomer slapped with one week ban The reason I don't watch afl touch footy any more more
- Jill on Boomer slapped with one week ban Why isn't football looked at as a team effort anymore? It's all about one or two players to whether a side can pull of a ... more
- Graham on Boomer slapped with one week ban Completely & utterly irresponsible action by Harvey. He has let himself, his team mates and the Supporters down. His absence ... more
- Jimbob on Boomer slapped with one week ban Boomer's antics have nealy cost the roos twice this finals series. Was clearly needed against the bombers and his hit on ... more
- Gloria on Malthouse happy to talk footy, not ... Malthouse doesn't do any favours for his own club and fans by being so confrontational with the press. It makes him look ... more
- Daleo on 'We haven't got free agency right' Why did Demetriou and clan go to USA within the past couple of years if they weren't prepared to explore all aspects of how ... more
- Colin Lacivita on Umpire got it wrong Boss Hayden Kennedy said we got it wrong so next time if you cannot see and are not sure JUST BALL IT UP. EASY more
- Helen on Umpire got it wrong So you got it wrong - gee thanks for letting us know. What a pointless thing to do. I have had a gutful of Carlton being on ... more
- Jacqueline on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton Cachia's work ethic and discipline will see him rehab from his shoulder reconstruction back to his fit form in time for ... more
- Robert on Gillon McLachan on 3AW Football Is this the new CEO heaven help the AFL more
- joanne on Boomer Harvey at centre of internal ... Good for you Boomer, I heard the interview on 3AW with the mate you went halvies with, and he said YOU wanted to donate it ... more
- Lukew on Hard decisions to be made at Carlton So long as Carlton makes its decisions based on what is good for the club and not out of fear of media pressure or bad ... more
Were the Saints fans too close?
Fremantle coach Ross Lyon has not taken personal offence to the St Kilda fans relentless jeering, after his sides 13-point win on Friday night.
Following the win Lyon walked through a crowd of St Kilda fans who were not afraid to express their feelings toward the man who took their club to consecutive Grand Finals in 2009 and 2010.
“The fans, they pay their coin and it’s the entertainment business” Ross Lyon told 3AW Football.
“The only difficulty for me mostly, and I was fine, but it’s a group of players (St Kilda) that you come up to for the first time. It’s been put away in a compartment, while I’ve been over in Perth, but you walk back into Etihad and it floods back a little bit.”
“But outside of that it’s water off a ducks back to be frank” Lyon said.
LISTEN BELOW: Fremantle Coach Ross Lyon on 3AW Football
Football Legend Leigh Matthews questioned if the aisles at Etihad Stadium should be widened to protect the coaches with angry St Kilda fans coming within an arms length of Lyon at the end of the game.
“When you walk up that aisle it’s very narrow, and there is really very volatile supporters within touching distance. You do wonder if they should take a couple of seats away to make those aisles wider” Matthews said.
“You are spot on” Lyon’s replied. “I remember, I think it was John Worsfold (West Coast Eagles coach) that was coming down the MCG aisle and he grabbed someone by their scarf, which was lucky for them, and then I think that they widened it.”
Lyon said that the closeness of supporters was not overly disconcerting but told 3AW Footy “it only needs one. There was a game against Essendon a couple of years ago when a couple of young people put their foot out to trip me and then they bolted.”
Ross Lyon’s next big test comes next Saturday when Fremantle line up against the Blues in Perth.
IMAGE: Sebastian Costanzo for The Age.
@3AW693 the coaches should have some kind of underground tunnel to the coaches box. Shouldn't have to go through the crowd— Brent Thomas N (@bthomas_11) April 21, 2012
@3AW693 I was there last night. Main booing I heard was directed at umpires. Crowd were fantastic. That pic shows ONE fan.— Lou (@love_lentils) April 21, 2012
3036 games, 3563 goals, 17 premierships. In 2012, the 3AW Football team is the most experienced and successful in the league. This is your home for all 3AW Footy news, views and analysis. 3AW is Football.
Matt posted 10.53am, you are at it again, what riot at the Carlton, Collingwood game and crowd violence all over the State? I'm betting that you do not support any AFL team and are probably a Soccer fan, that is where the 'riots' happen.Gloria Sunday 29 April, 2012 - 9:56 PM
Surely after all the crowd violence last year at games all over the state at all levels & the riot at the recent Carlton Collingwood game security should have been alot tighter. I would never take my kids to a Aussie Ball game due to the crowd violence & this photo just confirms my fear, look at the hatred in this guys face, scary.Matt - proudly Un-Australian Monday 23 April, 2012 - 10:53 AM
that loud mouth wanker shouting at ross could be a soccer/hockey supporter hes not a true sainter weres hes colours of support. thats typical of sat night club piss potbushiepete Monday 23 April, 2012 - 8:32 AM