- Animating originality: The Boxtrolls
- Sir Ben talks Attenborough and trolls
- New release movie reviews, Sept 11
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - August 29
- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
Bill Shorten to lead Labor Party?
Chloe Bryce and Bill Shorten last year.Share
Ross and John - A Scottish psychic has her say
REPORT: Bill Shorten, the former union boss who orchestrated the execution of Kevin Rudd from the Labor leadership, has been backed by punters to lead the party to the next election.
While hundreds of punters sweat on the final election outcome, Mr Shorten, the parliamentary secretary for disabilities, has been installed as the clear favourite with bookies to topple the Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who is fighting to form a minority government.
Leading betting agency Centrebet has Mr Shorten, a Victorian Labor-right figure who is married to the daughter of Governor-General Quentin Bryce, a $2.70 favourite, with Ms Gillard at $4.10.
Mr Shorten is widely credited as joining forces with NSW Labor powerbroker, Mark Arbib, and South Australian party factions boss, David Feeney, to launch the dramatic late-night assault on Mr Rudd's prime ministership in June.
The fallout from Mr Rudd's demise has been blamed for huge swings against Labor in Queensland, where it is set to lose nine seats to the Coalition.
Centrebet's spokesman Neil Evans said Financial Services minister Chris Bowen was third favourite to lead the party at $7 with former ACTU boss and Defence Materiel minister Greg Combet close behind at $8.50.
Treasurer Wayne Swan, who suffered an embarrassing swing against him in his Brisbane seat of Lilley, is an outsider at $15, while Mr Rudd has the juicy odds of $31.
"Of course, the market will move depending on who can eventually form government, but if the Coalition takes power, Ms Gillard's hopes of being leader when Australia next votes would nose-dive," Mr Evans said.
Evans said the Coalition remained at $1.57 to form government, with Labor at $2.25 - although they had firmed markedly in the past few hours.
THE CENTREBET MARKET
$2.70. Bill Shorten
$4.10 Julia Gillard
$7 Chris Bowen
$8.50 Greg Combet
$9 Any Other
$12 Stephen Smith
$14 Anthony Albanese
$15 Wayne Swan
$21 Kate Ellis
$26 Nicola Roxon
$31 Kevin Rudd
HINCH: By 'pulling one on' as they say she virtually turned it into a campaign by two Opposition leaders. She did not have the oomph and power of incumbency that usually translates into votes for a PM. Click the image on the right for Hinch's scathing editorial.
why does the "Bill Shorten"
episode not surprise me POWER is the name of the game unfortunately Julia was only a stepping stonejan Wednesday 25 August, 2010 - 1:13 PM
the 24th of June is the 76th anniversary of the "Night of Long Knives";
Coincidence?LEMON Monday 23 August, 2010 - 10:56 PM
Money, political power and social prestige... sure does buy the veneer of respectability in this country!Maureen Monday 23 August, 2010 - 7:23 PM
No more bloodletting please. I favoured the replacement of Kevin Rudd but if Julia Gillard can form a government can we please NOT have other candidates undermining her & jockeying for her position.Judy Monday 23 August, 2010 - 6:50 PM
The Greens appear to be very happy. It's obvious they don't realise or understand that the Aussie voter's were not happy with either of the major parties, so all they got was a protest vote. It's not as if they actually got all those votes because the public agreed with their policies. Their professionalism leaves a lot to be desired. A bit of a worry in the Senate.Dianne Kellett Monday 23 August, 2010 - 5:57 PM
Gerard, you are correct again. The Labor Party Caucus is not all that happy with Gillard. I would not be surprised to see our third Socialist PM in three years.
And what perks does a 58 day PM get, that should go to more deserving people in our Community.Owen Carlton Monday 23 August, 2010 - 3:35 PM