- Video interview: Mr Pip director Andrew Adamson
- Jim's cheat sheet - November 9
- This fish is worth $10,000
- Photos: Oaks Day 2013
- Card Pop: How much was your outfit?
- Photo gallery: The beautiful people - from the birdcage
- Gallery: Melbourne Cup day 2013
- 2013 Melbourne Cup Preview
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 red white and black print, stunning. What brand is it more
- Clare Harrison on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 I think it great and they all look that are having a wonderful time more
- Lyn Martin on The Castlereagh Line Has Castlereagh Line finished? I thought last time Keith had it on it finished differently. more
- Joy Matthews on The Castlereagh Line Can you tell me if the Castlereagh Line is finished. I heard the last episode repeated twice and then nothing last ... more
- Craig on In search of Labor's new hero It's not the end of the world for Labor. Abbott is the Libs 3rd leader & only won his leadership by 1 vote. And the Libs ... more
- IAN on In search of Labor's new hero Who want to lead the LABOR Party. more
- PJ on In search of Labor's new hero You forgot Gillard, whose having secret meetings in Canberra with her old guard. more
- Lisa on In search of Labor's new hero They will be in opposition a long time if they don't get rid of factions, fighting, deals, unions and anyone who has been ... more
- jgl Melb on In search of Labor's new hero Shouldn't it read "She has NO trouble standing up to both sides?" As for fakery personified Rudd the first words uttered on ... more
- andrew portway on In search of Labor's new hero New labor leader?, we have had the female leader, how good was that?! we've now got Cartman(south park) revisited they now ... more
- mylene on In search of Labor's new hero I'll leave it up to the Indonesians and the Chinese to get rid of Mr Rabbit. Labor can take a nice long holiday and sit back ... more
- IAN on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon The big "OOOOOO" a small person to me.? will pay with his job. more
- Ivan@kinnane on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Get a life! more
- Libnet on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon I think Essendon need to stand firm....I believe in doing this the AFL and ASADA will take a look at their whole structure, ... more
- Christine on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Yeah it's most inconvenient Essendon daring to challenge the allegations. Let's roll to keep the media and AFL happy. I'd ... more
- pam on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon LaurenVery proud of you--as Essendon supporter for 64 years I fear the possible demise (Yes demise), players don't wish to ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 3On Sunday I am going to go to the GWS v Richmond game and farewell a great of Essendon and Richmond for that matter in ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 2I have endured as you have said, having to defend Essendon to friends, family and co-workers. When I get text messages ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 1Thank you for your article Lauren, I think you have expressed exactly how many of us Essendon supporters feel. I am a ... more
- Jacoby on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon YES! more
Chocolate-free gifts for kids this Easter?
Is chocolate a permitted indulgence for kids over Easter? Or should we be conscious of the amount of chocolate being consumed this weekend and give children chocolate-free gifts?
Advocacy group The Parents' Jury are encouraging people to give kids chocolate-free gifts to limit the amount of sweets being consumed.
Manager of The Parents' Jury Corrina Langelaan said that while they're not lobbying for parents to "ban the bunny", they're looking to reduce the levels of chocolate being given to kids around Easter.
Corrina Langelaan suggested people give gifts such as egg holders, bunny slippers, books and toys to children, instead of the traditional chocolate bunnies and eggs.
LISTEN: Manager of The Parents' Jury Corrina Langelaan speaks to Steve Murphy:
We are in Australia so ban the bunny and adopt the Bilby for goodness sakes!!
In this day and age, I cant believe the majority of Aussies go out and buy an easter bunny made in china for some stupid tradition that is linked to the Jewish Passover by much of its symbolism and has nothing to do with anything Australian when we could at least make an effort to adopt the Bilby or a Bandicoot instead of a pesty Hare or Rabbit etc. We are filing the pockets of overseas companies with food products made in china and fed to our children. Quite scary really.David Saturday 14 April, 2012 - 1:31 AM