- Dr Napthine sings happy birthday
- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Interview with Stephen Lance
- Jim's Movie Cheat Sheet
- Ela visits the "Lui Bar"
- Mother's plea for more family time
- Melbourne's Own photo competition
- Labor's pledge to get families fishing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Doug on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Unhappy can"t hear Grubby and Dee Dee in the car or in the shed. Digital doesn't work in the Mc Crae area. I'm over cricket, ... more
- James on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Stop winging people. At least we have a choice. You don't have to buy a digital radio if you have access to the internet ... more
- Chris mack on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Description is ambiguous does cricket take over regular programs only on Sunday or throughout the week when cricket is on. more
- Jenn on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk How do those of us living outside the Digital range (in the country)and have poor internet connection get normal ... more
- Jayme Doran on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Live audio streaming of Cricket Coverage via the newly relaunched cricket.com.au website is for Australian Cricket Family ... more
- alan smith on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk it's all a rort to make us buy a radio that doesn't work all the time. more
- Gloss on Derby Day: How much did you spend on ... OMG, that south wind was very chilling those ladies who wore summer frocks must have been freezing. They must have been very ... more
- Peter on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Will football be covered on digital or analogue? more
- Jason & Lissy on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk GREat Idea because not everyone likes Cricket. more
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
Chocolate-free gifts for kids this Easter?
Is chocolate a permitted indulgence for kids over Easter? Or should we be conscious of the amount of chocolate being consumed this weekend and give children chocolate-free gifts?
Advocacy group The Parents' Jury are encouraging people to give kids chocolate-free gifts to limit the amount of sweets being consumed.
Manager of The Parents' Jury Corrina Langelaan said that while they're not lobbying for parents to "ban the bunny", they're looking to reduce the levels of chocolate being given to kids around Easter.
Corrina Langelaan suggested people give gifts such as egg holders, bunny slippers, books and toys to children, instead of the traditional chocolate bunnies and eggs.
LISTEN: Manager of The Parents' Jury Corrina Langelaan speaks to Steve Murphy:
We are in Australia so ban the bunny and adopt the Bilby for goodness sakes!!
In this day and age, I cant believe the majority of Aussies go out and buy an easter bunny made in china for some stupid tradition that is linked to the Jewish Passover by much of its symbolism and has nothing to do with anything Australian when we could at least make an effort to adopt the Bilby or a Bandicoot instead of a pesty Hare or Rabbit etc. We are filing the pockets of overseas companies with food products made in china and fed to our children. Quite scary really.David Saturday 14 April, 2012 - 1:31 AM