- Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard is finished
- Life and death: Why weren't paramedics disturbed during their meal break?
- The contemporary veterans we won't forget
- Touchdown in Tarin Kowt
- Today was medical training
- No tears but plenty of worry for families saying goodbye
- Exit Afghanistan: It’s all about the war
- Jeff Kennett is in 'the first stage of dementia': John Elliott
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Linda on 3AW Online Community MASSIVE GARAGE SALE6A HENTY STREET, RESERVOIR (OPPOSITE MOORE CRESCENT) SATURDAY, 18TH MAY, 2013 8.30AM TO 3.00PM AND AGAIN ... more
- Susan on Soccer should acknowledge 'boneheaded' ... In the last few weeks at Aussie Ball games - Police assaulted, capsicum sprayed used, the one African player you haveis ... more
- Just a number on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... 'Get real' and 'Barr'y, the problem is not so much that the crew were having a meal break, but that they had been worked ... more
- IAN on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... This Gillard is a disgrace to Australia. I always voted LABOR ,and never will ever again,she should resign now and never to ... more
- Caught in the crossfire on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... We must remember too that the meal windows and mandatory 10hour breakes between shifts were introduced over a couple of ... more
- Gazza on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... Lets hope Richo is right.low wages,no penalty rates,more immigrant workers working for $3 per hour.carnt wait.......... more
- cath on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... I can't take one day more of this incompetent government what a lousy bunch, We can't wait for the ELECTION to put this ... more
- Caught in the crossfire on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... And another thing, if the computer aided despatch system we use (AMPDS) was actually up to the task this case would have ... more
- Caught in the crossfire on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... This isn't just about us sitting around "feeding our faces" and not responding to cases. This is about fatigue management ... more
- Kirk on Exit Afghanistan: It’s all about the war If the troops decide to stay put and put in more poppy 'seeds' that's their prerogative but when we have to pay for it then ... more
- Jamie on Soccer should acknowledge 'boneheaded' ... Succer sucks anyway. more
- Janet on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... No worries mate, at the first sign of something clicking and cracking in their body the first thing people will wish will be ... more
- walter on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... I hope Richo is right. It's about time this hybrid government got the bullet.After their inept governing of our once decent ... more
- Dissatisfied Ambo on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... Hello Get Real. It is important that you realise that the meal break provisions which we currently have weren't "imposed" ... more
- Archibald on Soccer should acknowledge 'boneheaded' ... Boneheaded is definitely an understatement. After decades of sports and people's immigration we have no idea any more what ... more
- Dany on Jeff Kennett is in 'the first stage of ... Kennett wants what? He looks so much grey, unshaped and ugly just like his greatest achievement his beloved Fed ... more
- Barry on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... I am eager to see the precious and pretentious bunch needing paramedics for themselves and their families. Too easy exacting ... more
- Red on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... As a MICA paramedic I leave the radio on during all of my meal breaks simply because AV's call taking and dispatching is ... more
- Ross on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... 'Who's really to blame", the call takers follow a set checklist of questions. They are not medically trained and not ... more
- Rory on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... Get Real, I see your point. It must sound like we are happy to sit at our station having a cuppa and a gossip while people ... more
Danny Green 'fights' Paul Briggs
NOVEMBER 3 (WA Today): Perth boxer Danny Green has been cleared of any wrongdoing following his controversial knockout of Paul Briggs in July.
An enquiry cleared IBO world cruiserwegiht champion Green, but found Briggs participated in a sham contest for not disclosing his health issues prior to the fight.
The WA Professional Combat Sports Commision commission has ordered Briggs to pay $75,000 from his $200,000 purse, and cancelled his registration as a boxer in Western Australia.
The commission handed down its long-awaited finding today into the July 21 fight at Challenge Stadium.
JULY 22: Boxer Danny Green says it's time for Paul Briggs to answer some questions about the farcical bout in Perth that's now being investigated by the WA Professional Combat Sports Commission.
Wednesday night's fight only lasted 29 seconds and the Commission is looking into whether it was a sham bout.
Green told Channel 7 Briggs should explain his performance.
VIDEO: Watch the fight below.
Tainted the game for John? Middle aged men who listen to 3AW & never liked football anyway? Who cares about them, the new generation loves the game hence it's enourmous growth over the past 5 years in this country. The game is the number sport on earth, so it must be doing something right, unlike your suburban game that in 150 years 99% of the globe have never even heard of it, maybe it's all the violence & sexual assaults that turn people off the game & will take years to recover from.Marco Thursday 29 July, 2010 - 3:40 PM
Marco, face facts, the diving in the world cup has tainted your game for a long time to come. These diving fools have made a joke of "your" game and it will need to work very hard to un-do the damage.John of Williamstown Monday 26 July, 2010 - 10:02 AM
Marco the only reason we are jealous of those 99% of countries that play soccer as you put it is that we are stuck with idiots like you and they arent!Darrell Monday 26 July, 2010 - 9:45 AM
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY,
IS SO FUNNY.
IN A RICH MANS WORLD.andrew zarafa Sunday 25 July, 2010 - 8:26 AM
How did this become a football bashing exercise? Oh that's right any excuse for Aussie Ball people to put down the game they fear the most lead by the old white men of 3AW - Mitchell, Taylor, Stevenson etc. Maybe concentrate on growing your own pathetic game which is over 150 years old & only now moving into the Gold Coast & Western Sydney, while in the same time football is played on every corner of the globe & is the number 1 sport in 99% of those places...Jealous much? Fearful much? Also what is so smart about trying to stand on a broken leg Mark? Just shows the IQ level of most Aussie Ball players, no wonder they are involved in drinking, violence, etc.Marco Friday 23 July, 2010 - 2:31 PM
See what happens when you let boxers watch the world cup.Lyn Bayles Friday 23 July, 2010 - 8:18 AM