- 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, July 25
- Critical Incident Response Team
- Miranda Otto: Reaching for the part
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, July 22
- Not your average long-haul trip
- Top 10 classroom classics
- Schepisi talks 'Words and Pictures'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
- Matt on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget We have had our 6th child 4 days ago and have budgeted well for however we did not expect Abbott to lie so badly. As a ... more
- Os on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Hi,I just want someone to answer me what is going to happen to those people live overseas and get disability pension. I ... more
- Mick Wood on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Well, if you can't get in by boat..... more
- Nicholas on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Whatever the inhabitants of that thing are they're surely motion sick more
- Lynsey on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Pity you were using your iPhone (asper conversation on the radio). I have a camera on the raedy by my side in the car now ... more
- the serial pest on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Mmmm...dogs barking. Crickets chirping. A fleck in the sky. Sounds like a Fawkner family's been into some backyard moonshine. more
- tracy on UFO sighting in Fawkner? bulltwang first its moving not so fast across the sky and then its stays still not way up in the sky but about human height ... more
- Graeme on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Shared on Facebook Melbourne UFO group more
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
Danny Green 'fights' Paul Briggs
NOVEMBER 3 (WA Today): Perth boxer Danny Green has been cleared of any wrongdoing following his controversial knockout of Paul Briggs in July.
An enquiry cleared IBO world cruiserwegiht champion Green, but found Briggs participated in a sham contest for not disclosing his health issues prior to the fight.
The WA Professional Combat Sports Commision commission has ordered Briggs to pay $75,000 from his $200,000 purse, and cancelled his registration as a boxer in Western Australia.
The commission handed down its long-awaited finding today into the July 21 fight at Challenge Stadium.
JULY 22: Boxer Danny Green says it's time for Paul Briggs to answer some questions about the farcical bout in Perth that's now being investigated by the WA Professional Combat Sports Commission.
Wednesday night's fight only lasted 29 seconds and the Commission is looking into whether it was a sham bout.
Green told Channel 7 Briggs should explain his performance.
VIDEO: Watch the fight below.
Tainted the game for John? Middle aged men who listen to 3AW & never liked football anyway? Who cares about them, the new generation loves the game hence it's enourmous growth over the past 5 years in this country. The game is the number sport on earth, so it must be doing something right, unlike your suburban game that in 150 years 99% of the globe have never even heard of it, maybe it's all the violence & sexual assaults that turn people off the game & will take years to recover from.Marco Thursday 29 July, 2010 - 3:40 PM
Marco, face facts, the diving in the world cup has tainted your game for a long time to come. These diving fools have made a joke of "your" game and it will need to work very hard to un-do the damage.John of Williamstown Monday 26 July, 2010 - 10:02 AM
Marco the only reason we are jealous of those 99% of countries that play soccer as you put it is that we are stuck with idiots like you and they arent!Darrell Monday 26 July, 2010 - 9:45 AM
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY,
IS SO FUNNY.
IN A RICH MANS WORLD.andrew zarafa Sunday 25 July, 2010 - 8:26 AM
How did this become a football bashing exercise? Oh that's right any excuse for Aussie Ball people to put down the game they fear the most lead by the old white men of 3AW - Mitchell, Taylor, Stevenson etc. Maybe concentrate on growing your own pathetic game which is over 150 years old & only now moving into the Gold Coast & Western Sydney, while in the same time football is played on every corner of the globe & is the number 1 sport in 99% of those places...Jealous much? Fearful much? Also what is so smart about trying to stand on a broken leg Mark? Just shows the IQ level of most Aussie Ball players, no wonder they are involved in drinking, violence, etc.Marco Friday 23 July, 2010 - 2:31 PM
See what happens when you let boxers watch the world cup.Lyn Bayles Friday 23 July, 2010 - 8:18 AM