- Jim's movie cheat sheet - December 6
- Howzat umpire Elliott?!
- Video interview: Mr Pip director Andrew Adamson
- Jim's cheat sheet - November 9
- This fish is worth $10,000
- Photos: Oaks Day 2013
- Card Pop: How much was your outfit?
- Photo gallery: The beautiful people - from the birdcage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 red white and black print, stunning. What brand is it more
- Clare Harrison on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 I think it great and they all look that are having a wonderful time more
- Lyn Martin on The Castlereagh Line Has Castlereagh Line finished? I thought last time Keith had it on it finished differently. more
- Joy Matthews on The Castlereagh Line Can you tell me if the Castlereagh Line is finished. I heard the last episode repeated twice and then nothing last ... more
- Craig on In search of Labor's new hero It's not the end of the world for Labor. Abbott is the Libs 3rd leader & only won his leadership by 1 vote. And the Libs ... more
- IAN on In search of Labor's new hero Who want to lead the LABOR Party. more
- PJ on In search of Labor's new hero You forgot Gillard, whose having secret meetings in Canberra with her old guard. more
- Lisa on In search of Labor's new hero They will be in opposition a long time if they don't get rid of factions, fighting, deals, unions and anyone who has been ... more
- jgl Melb on In search of Labor's new hero Shouldn't it read "She has NO trouble standing up to both sides?" As for fakery personified Rudd the first words uttered on ... more
- andrew portway on In search of Labor's new hero New labor leader?, we have had the female leader, how good was that?! we've now got Cartman(south park) revisited they now ... more
- mylene on In search of Labor's new hero I'll leave it up to the Indonesians and the Chinese to get rid of Mr Rabbit. Labor can take a nice long holiday and sit back ... more
- IAN on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon The big "OOOOOO" a small person to me.? will pay with his job. more
- Ivan@kinnane on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Get a life! more
- Libnet on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon I think Essendon need to stand firm....I believe in doing this the AFL and ASADA will take a look at their whole structure, ... more
- Christine on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Yeah it's most inconvenient Essendon daring to challenge the allegations. Let's roll to keep the media and AFL happy. I'd ... more
- pam on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon LaurenVery proud of you--as Essendon supporter for 64 years I fear the possible demise (Yes demise), players don't wish to ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 3On Sunday I am going to go to the GWS v Richmond game and farewell a great of Essendon and Richmond for that matter in ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 2I have endured as you have said, having to defend Essendon to friends, family and co-workers. When I get text messages ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 1Thank you for your article Lauren, I think you have expressed exactly how many of us Essendon supporters feel. I am a ... more
- Jacoby on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon YES! more
Danny Green 'fights' Paul Briggs
NOVEMBER 3 (WA Today): Perth boxer Danny Green has been cleared of any wrongdoing following his controversial knockout of Paul Briggs in July.
An enquiry cleared IBO world cruiserwegiht champion Green, but found Briggs participated in a sham contest for not disclosing his health issues prior to the fight.
The WA Professional Combat Sports Commision commission has ordered Briggs to pay $75,000 from his $200,000 purse, and cancelled his registration as a boxer in Western Australia.
The commission handed down its long-awaited finding today into the July 21 fight at Challenge Stadium.
JULY 22: Boxer Danny Green says it's time for Paul Briggs to answer some questions about the farcical bout in Perth that's now being investigated by the WA Professional Combat Sports Commission.
Wednesday night's fight only lasted 29 seconds and the Commission is looking into whether it was a sham bout.
Green told Channel 7 Briggs should explain his performance.
VIDEO: Watch the fight below.
Tainted the game for John? Middle aged men who listen to 3AW & never liked football anyway? Who cares about them, the new generation loves the game hence it's enourmous growth over the past 5 years in this country. The game is the number sport on earth, so it must be doing something right, unlike your suburban game that in 150 years 99% of the globe have never even heard of it, maybe it's all the violence & sexual assaults that turn people off the game & will take years to recover from.Marco Thursday 29 July, 2010 - 3:40 PM
Marco, face facts, the diving in the world cup has tainted your game for a long time to come. These diving fools have made a joke of "your" game and it will need to work very hard to un-do the damage.John of Williamstown Monday 26 July, 2010 - 10:02 AM
Marco the only reason we are jealous of those 99% of countries that play soccer as you put it is that we are stuck with idiots like you and they arent!Darrell Monday 26 July, 2010 - 9:45 AM
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY,
IS SO FUNNY.
IN A RICH MANS WORLD.andrew zarafa Sunday 25 July, 2010 - 8:26 AM
How did this become a football bashing exercise? Oh that's right any excuse for Aussie Ball people to put down the game they fear the most lead by the old white men of 3AW - Mitchell, Taylor, Stevenson etc. Maybe concentrate on growing your own pathetic game which is over 150 years old & only now moving into the Gold Coast & Western Sydney, while in the same time football is played on every corner of the globe & is the number 1 sport in 99% of those places...Jealous much? Fearful much? Also what is so smart about trying to stand on a broken leg Mark? Just shows the IQ level of most Aussie Ball players, no wonder they are involved in drinking, violence, etc.Marco Friday 23 July, 2010 - 2:31 PM
See what happens when you let boxers watch the world cup.Lyn Bayles Friday 23 July, 2010 - 8:18 AM