- Buy, Swap & Sell: April 20
- Buy, Swap & Sell: April 19
- UFO sighting in Fawkner?
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - April 20
- New release movie reviews - April 17
- 'I just want a beer with my mates'
- Conscription or compulsory volunteering for jobless?
- Jim's cheat sheet - April 11
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick Wood on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Well, if you can't get in by boat..... more
- Nicholas on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Whatever the inhabitants of that thing are they're surely motion sick more
- Lynsey on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Pity you were using your iPhone (asper conversation on the radio). I have a camera on the raedy by my side in the car now ... more
- the serial pest on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Mmmm...dogs barking. Crickets chirping. A fleck in the sky. Sounds like a Fawkner family's been into some backyard moonshine. more
- tracy on UFO sighting in Fawkner? bulltwang first its moving not so fast across the sky and then its stays still not way up in the sky but about human height ... more
- Graeme on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Shared on Facebook Melbourne UFO group more
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
- Steve on 'I just want a beer with my mates' BIGGEST AMOUNT OF BULL TISH I HAVE EVER HEARD. BEING EX SERVICE IT WAS AN HONOUR TO WEAR MY UNIFORM AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS ... more
- Lucinda on 'I just want a beer with my mates' Surely in RSL's it should be fine, but i agree not in a licence pub in the city ie young and jacksons type of thing. Weren't ... more
- JimmyJack on 'My son has a problem with porn' What a load of tosh, sorry Tom, wasn't able to hear the call so only going on from what is here. This Susan McLean sounds ... more
- ian on 'My son has a problem with porn' Lack of parental control. more
- David R on 'My son has a problem with porn' Should a government issued/sanction laptop come installed with the Government supported/paid-for Internet protection ... more
- Tony voorhaar on Man comes forward over dooring When are people and gov't going to learn bikes and cars don't mix. Get rid of the bikes. more
- Christine on Man comes forward over dooring Again the minority are the loudest. The roads are for cars, who pay to be on the roads. I feel sorry for the people ... more
- Dingoes Breakfast on Man comes forward over dooring No cyclist should be allowed to ride on public roads without paying 3rd party insurance to the government and registration ... more
- LukeB on Man comes forward over dooring Actually, that footage is exactly what happens when a bike rider kicks the door of a car, or punches a car driver ... more
- Luke on Man comes forward over dooring Bike riders are near impossible to see & they also don't watch where they are going or pre-empt any trouble. They are their ... more
- Joanne on Man comes forward over dooring There will be no winners here. 1. Should the taxi driver have been allowed to let a passenger depart the vehicle from that ... more
- Lee on Man comes forward over dooring They are all in the wrong here. Cyclist shouldn't have been riding in the gutter, but since she was she should have gone a ... more
- Lukew on Man comes forward over dooring I think the rider should bear some of the responsibility here. If I was riding my bike in that situation, I would be ... more
Don Lane has passed away
The Australian entertainment community has been saddened by the loss of American born entertainer Don Lane.
Don passed away on Wednesday at the age of 75 after a battle with dementia.
Listen below to Denis Walter break the news and speak to Don's ex-colleagues Phillip Brady and Bob Phillips.
Leave your memories and tributes to Don below.
i grew up watching the don lane show watching it with my parents,very sad time too loose such a great star that was on australian tv,look at the crap we have to watch on tv now rest in peace don.neil alabakov Sunday 25 October, 2009 - 10:02 AM
Will there be a public funeral? I would like to fly to Australia and need to know the details (when and where) to make travel arrangements. Thanks!
-DebbieDebbie Lessner Friday 23 October, 2009 - 1:13 AM
My Mum loved Don, I didn't at the time but now I realise how talented he was and he was only 10 years older than I am now - a great entertainer!anne kerr Friday 23 October, 2009 - 1:03 AM
I am probably one of the thousands of people that had the honor and privilege of meeting Don albeit for a brief 5 minutes. In his eyes you could see he was a genuine loving and kind man.
I am saddened by the news of his passing and my heartfelt sympathies goes out to his family and friends.
Goodbye Don we Love your face. R.I.P.Wyatt Friday 23 October, 2009 - 12:47 AM
I am sad to hear of Don's passing. His show was the best thing on TV. Live variety of that calibre is something that they don't do nowadays, and maybe never will again. He was a great entertainer. My condolences to P.J. and all Don's loved ones. We will all miss him and his great style of entertainment.
SFM.Dr J. Friday 23 October, 2009 - 12:37 AM
From Chicago to Sydney to Melbourne to Don and all the wonderful people in Australia...I am so very saddened by this loss. My condolences to his family and to all. Don brought me to Australie in 1977 and I'll never forget him.
-DebbieDebbie Lessner Friday 23 October, 2009 - 12:23 AM