- Jim's movie cheat sheet - December 6
- Howzat umpire Elliott?!
- Video interview: Mr Pip director Andrew Adamson
- Jim's cheat sheet - November 9
- This fish is worth $10,000
- Photos: Oaks Day 2013
- Card Pop: How much was your outfit?
- Photo gallery: The beautiful people - from the birdcage
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 red white and black print, stunning. What brand is it more
- Clare Harrison on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 I think it great and they all look that are having a wonderful time more
- Lyn Martin on The Castlereagh Line Has Castlereagh Line finished? I thought last time Keith had it on it finished differently. more
- Joy Matthews on The Castlereagh Line Can you tell me if the Castlereagh Line is finished. I heard the last episode repeated twice and then nothing last ... more
- Craig on In search of Labor's new hero It's not the end of the world for Labor. Abbott is the Libs 3rd leader & only won his leadership by 1 vote. And the Libs ... more
- IAN on In search of Labor's new hero Who want to lead the LABOR Party. more
- PJ on In search of Labor's new hero You forgot Gillard, whose having secret meetings in Canberra with her old guard. more
- Lisa on In search of Labor's new hero They will be in opposition a long time if they don't get rid of factions, fighting, deals, unions and anyone who has been ... more
- jgl Melb on In search of Labor's new hero Shouldn't it read "She has NO trouble standing up to both sides?" As for fakery personified Rudd the first words uttered on ... more
- andrew portway on In search of Labor's new hero New labor leader?, we have had the female leader, how good was that?! we've now got Cartman(south park) revisited they now ... more
- mylene on In search of Labor's new hero I'll leave it up to the Indonesians and the Chinese to get rid of Mr Rabbit. Labor can take a nice long holiday and sit back ... more
- IAN on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon The big "OOOOOO" a small person to me.? will pay with his job. more
- Ivan@kinnane on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Get a life! more
- Libnet on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon I think Essendon need to stand firm....I believe in doing this the AFL and ASADA will take a look at their whole structure, ... more
- Christine on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Yeah it's most inconvenient Essendon daring to challenge the allegations. Let's roll to keep the media and AFL happy. I'd ... more
- pam on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon LaurenVery proud of you--as Essendon supporter for 64 years I fear the possible demise (Yes demise), players don't wish to ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 3On Sunday I am going to go to the GWS v Richmond game and farewell a great of Essendon and Richmond for that matter in ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 2I have endured as you have said, having to defend Essendon to friends, family and co-workers. When I get text messages ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 1Thank you for your article Lauren, I think you have expressed exactly how many of us Essendon supporters feel. I am a ... more
- Jacoby on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon YES! more
Don Lane has passed away
The Australian entertainment community has been saddened by the loss of American born entertainer Don Lane.
Don passed away on Wednesday at the age of 75 after a battle with dementia.
Listen below to Denis Walter break the news and speak to Don's ex-colleagues Phillip Brady and Bob Phillips.
Leave your memories and tributes to Don below.
i grew up watching the don lane show watching it with my parents,very sad time too loose such a great star that was on australian tv,look at the crap we have to watch on tv now rest in peace don.neil alabakov Sunday 25 October, 2009 - 10:02 AM
Will there be a public funeral? I would like to fly to Australia and need to know the details (when and where) to make travel arrangements. Thanks!
-DebbieDebbie Lessner Friday 23 October, 2009 - 1:13 AM
My Mum loved Don, I didn't at the time but now I realise how talented he was and he was only 10 years older than I am now - a great entertainer!anne kerr Friday 23 October, 2009 - 1:03 AM
I am probably one of the thousands of people that had the honor and privilege of meeting Don albeit for a brief 5 minutes. In his eyes you could see he was a genuine loving and kind man.
I am saddened by the news of his passing and my heartfelt sympathies goes out to his family and friends.
Goodbye Don we Love your face. R.I.P.Wyatt Friday 23 October, 2009 - 12:47 AM
I am sad to hear of Don's passing. His show was the best thing on TV. Live variety of that calibre is something that they don't do nowadays, and maybe never will again. He was a great entertainer. My condolences to P.J. and all Don's loved ones. We will all miss him and his great style of entertainment.
SFM.Dr J. Friday 23 October, 2009 - 12:37 AM
From Chicago to Sydney to Melbourne to Don and all the wonderful people in Australia...I am so very saddened by this loss. My condolences to his family and to all. Don brought me to Australie in 1977 and I'll never forget him.
-DebbieDebbie Lessner Friday 23 October, 2009 - 12:23 AM