- Owner lifts a finger to save her dog
- Animating originality: The Boxtrolls
- Sir Ben talks Attenborough and trolls
- New release movie reviews, Sept 11
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - August 29
- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peggy on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Stupid owners again. Why was that dog not on a leash? The owner should be fined and told that next time she will end up in ... more
- jgl Melb on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog "It was absolutely stunned" I'll bet it was! more
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
'Extreme' chiropractors' practices 'child abuse'
A group of ‘extreme’ chiropractors have been called into question, with one senior doctor believing claims chiropractic treatment can cure serious paediatric illnesses were effectively ‘child abuse’.
Speaking with Tom Elliott, Dr Alastrair MacLennan, an emeritus professor of obstetrics and gynaecology at the University of Adelaide, said there was a ‘serious minority’ of chiropractors who wanted to be parents’ first port-of-call when their children were unwell.
Professor MacLennan said he was concerned a group of chiropractors were running courses which he believed turned them into ‘pseudo-specialists in paediatrics’, where they learned to diagnose and treat a range of illnesses and disorders, including asthma, insomnia, autism, cerebral palsy, bedwetting and urine infections.
Professor MacLennan said these chiropractors believed there were subluxations, ‘mythical joint disorders that somehow are magically connected to the immune system or to any other part of the body that has the illness’.
Professor MacLennan said these chiropractors were ‘delaying the onset of a child being seen by a qualified practitioner’, while some were taking an anti-vaccination stance.
LISTEN: Professor Alastair MacLennan speaks with Tom Elliott:
I heard this segment on the radio as was disturbed at the lack of definition of what chiropractic , naturopath and myotherapists . No one was able to separate the skills of each profession. While recognizing that there is the cowboy element in any field , I have enjoyed excellent treatment and positive results from chiropractors. They are expertly trained , our family has been going for years and both my children have been treated from birth. My daughter is a 3rd year chiropractic student.
In the above photo , that is the correct position for the child. The chiropractor is checking to see if the child's feet are level. This is the first basic step to see if the hips and spine are in alignment.
Some public education about the role of chiropractors is very much needed.Michelle Wilson Tuesday 12 March, 2013 - 9:53 PM
Very one sided, from a Gynaecologist commenting on a profession in which he has no training, a self proclaimed expert in everything Chiropractic.
I have been to Chiropractors and my children have been to Chiropractors, and I find them well trained, in legitimate sciences and diagnostic sciences, at a university level, are constantly keeping up to date by attending lectures and seminars.
I have never heard them claim anything of the sort that MacLennon alleges, and Im not confused by their title Doctor, which is shared by Dentists, Vets and PhD professionals, and yes I am a member of the public and also a medical practitioner, and I too cant claim to cure the common cold, but then, Im not a gynaecologist.BD Sunday 10 March, 2013 - 11:53 PM
I don't like the look of the position that child is situated in the photo it looks dangerous and any parent that believes in it is a fool and is putting their child at great risk of a severe injury.mandy Friday 8 March, 2013 - 6:51 PM