- New release movie reviews, Sept 26
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Sept 26
- 'We are on Team Australia'
- 'Mainstream homes can't handle dad'
- Call to make drivers pay for all roads
- Owner lifts a finger to save her dog
- Animating originality: The Boxtrolls
- Sir Ben talks Attenborough and trolls
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
- Frankie on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Don't we already pay for the roads??By way of Car rego, Federal and state taxes and toll roads. So sick of Govt trying got ... more
- Brendan on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Wasn't there a rugby player a few years ago that tried the same method on a opponent? more
- ggggame on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Staffordshire terrier, aka Pitbull. Nothing against the breed but people should have to pay for a license to own one these ... more
- Meow on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Peggy, your ignorance clearly knows no bounds. more
- Sarah on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog I am an owner of a ridge back cros American staff and a bull arib cross aswell. They are very gentle and full of life. They ... more
- jasmine on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog BLAME THE OWNER NOT THE DOG yes this dog should have been on a lead, any dog can try and attack another its just the ... more
- Laura on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog It was an off leash beach hence why the dog was off leash. more
- David T. on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Anne's finger would be a great weapon to use in the fight against Isis. more
- Harry on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog A Bucket of water works very well too... and is much nicer on your fingers! more
- Gizmo on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Would work for me! Everytime I visit the vet its the one thing I dont mind him doing. Much to the embarressment of my ... more
- Walter on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Anne, I promise never to attack anything of yours .... ever. more
- Chris on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog You can also grab the attacking dogs hind legs and they will also go in shock and instantly release. more
Jim Sherlock's DVD recommendations
THE HOUR: Season Two (2012/M): Exceptionally well crafted British Cold War espionage drama set behind-the-scenes of a top rating 1956 investigative television news program involving the criminal underworld, political blackmail, cover-ups, murder and corruption. Superb performances from Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), Dominic West (The Wire), Peter Capaldi (Local Hero, The Thick of It and In The Loop), along with Romola Garai and Anna Chancellor, these are wonderful characters you care about, and they ensure a thrilling and captivating six part entertainment experience. And just one more thing, there's a nice irony throughout, and never more delightfully fitting than now, only to say that it's your call, Miss Moneypenny. **** Stars.
LOCKOUT (2012/MA15+): Giggles and guns drive Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace in this science fiction romp of an ex-CIA operative wrongly convicted of conspiracy who is offered his freedom if he can rescue the daughter of the President of The United States from a space prison taken over by inmates. This is "Escape From New York" meets "Die Hard" from the mind of co-producer Lec Besson, who must have thought this up in a taxi from the airport to his office. That said, the action and humour fall together close enough (Guy Pearce seems to be having great fun doing his "Snake" Plissken imitation from "Escape from New York") and even though it suffers from obvious budget restraints, it ultimately delivers the expected thrills and an amusing enough ride. **1/2 Stars.
CLASSIC DVD PICK OF THE WEEK:
UNDER FIRE (1983/M): A terrific, almost forgotten, nail-biter with Nick Nolte, Gene Hackman and Joanna Cassidy right at the of their game in this spellbinding political thriller of three journalists caught up in the 1979 Nicaraguan revolutionary conflict. Tour-de-force performances all round, meticulously intelligent screenplay, outstanding cinematography and tight direction deliver a big exciting, provocative, tension filled thrill ride that grabs you round the throat and never lets go. A special mention must also go to composer Jerry Goldsmith for his haunting [standout] Oscar nominated music score. Jean-Louis Trintignant and Ed Harris also star. A powerful piece of filmmaking entertainment that excels on every level: ****1/2 Stars.
in regard to the billy jack collection. can you give me more info on the 5th movie that wasnt released regards...Kenken Thursday 18 July, 2013 - 11:05 PM
hi Jim trying to get the Billy Jack collection (4 movies) can you tell me where i can get them please. i have old vhs and would like the dvd's. Regards Ken
i would like 3 setsken Thursday 18 July, 2013 - 11:03 PM
love Jim's show have enjoyed his segments on 3aw for many years, and I must say he is bang on with his reviews of the 3 recommendations above.Peter Caiafa Friday 15 February, 2013 - 4:00 PM