- Buy, Swap & Sell: April 20
- Buy, Swap & Sell: April 19
- UFO sighting in Fawkner?
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - April 20
- New release movie reviews - April 17
- 'I just want a beer with my mates'
- Conscription or compulsory volunteering for jobless?
- Jim's cheat sheet - April 11
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mick Wood on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Well, if you can't get in by boat..... more
- Nicholas on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Whatever the inhabitants of that thing are they're surely motion sick more
- Lynsey on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Pity you were using your iPhone (asper conversation on the radio). I have a camera on the raedy by my side in the car now ... more
- the serial pest on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Mmmm...dogs barking. Crickets chirping. A fleck in the sky. Sounds like a Fawkner family's been into some backyard moonshine. more
- tracy on UFO sighting in Fawkner? bulltwang first its moving not so fast across the sky and then its stays still not way up in the sky but about human height ... more
- Graeme on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Shared on Facebook Melbourne UFO group more
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
- Steve on 'I just want a beer with my mates' BIGGEST AMOUNT OF BULL TISH I HAVE EVER HEARD. BEING EX SERVICE IT WAS AN HONOUR TO WEAR MY UNIFORM AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS ... more
- Lucinda on 'I just want a beer with my mates' Surely in RSL's it should be fine, but i agree not in a licence pub in the city ie young and jacksons type of thing. Weren't ... more
- JimmyJack on 'My son has a problem with porn' What a load of tosh, sorry Tom, wasn't able to hear the call so only going on from what is here. This Susan McLean sounds ... more
- ian on 'My son has a problem with porn' Lack of parental control. more
- David R on 'My son has a problem with porn' Should a government issued/sanction laptop come installed with the Government supported/paid-for Internet protection ... more
- Tony voorhaar on Man comes forward over dooring When are people and gov't going to learn bikes and cars don't mix. Get rid of the bikes. more
- Christine on Man comes forward over dooring Again the minority are the loudest. The roads are for cars, who pay to be on the roads. I feel sorry for the people ... more
- Dingoes Breakfast on Man comes forward over dooring No cyclist should be allowed to ride on public roads without paying 3rd party insurance to the government and registration ... more
- LukeB on Man comes forward over dooring Actually, that footage is exactly what happens when a bike rider kicks the door of a car, or punches a car driver ... more
- Luke on Man comes forward over dooring Bike riders are near impossible to see & they also don't watch where they are going or pre-empt any trouble. They are their ... more
- Joanne on Man comes forward over dooring There will be no winners here. 1. Should the taxi driver have been allowed to let a passenger depart the vehicle from that ... more
- Lee on Man comes forward over dooring They are all in the wrong here. Cyclist shouldn't have been riding in the gutter, but since she was she should have gone a ... more
- Lukew on Man comes forward over dooring I think the rider should bear some of the responsibility here. If I was riding my bike in that situation, I would be ... more
Jim Sherlock's DVD recommendations
THE HOUR: Season Two (2012/M): Exceptionally well crafted British Cold War espionage drama set behind-the-scenes of a top rating 1956 investigative television news program involving the criminal underworld, political blackmail, cover-ups, murder and corruption. Superb performances from Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), Dominic West (The Wire), Peter Capaldi (Local Hero, The Thick of It and In The Loop), along with Romola Garai and Anna Chancellor, these are wonderful characters you care about, and they ensure a thrilling and captivating six part entertainment experience. And just one more thing, there's a nice irony throughout, and never more delightfully fitting than now, only to say that it's your call, Miss Moneypenny. **** Stars.
LOCKOUT (2012/MA15+): Giggles and guns drive Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace in this science fiction romp of an ex-CIA operative wrongly convicted of conspiracy who is offered his freedom if he can rescue the daughter of the President of The United States from a space prison taken over by inmates. This is "Escape From New York" meets "Die Hard" from the mind of co-producer Lec Besson, who must have thought this up in a taxi from the airport to his office. That said, the action and humour fall together close enough (Guy Pearce seems to be having great fun doing his "Snake" Plissken imitation from "Escape from New York") and even though it suffers from obvious budget restraints, it ultimately delivers the expected thrills and an amusing enough ride. **1/2 Stars.
CLASSIC DVD PICK OF THE WEEK:
UNDER FIRE (1983/M): A terrific, almost forgotten, nail-biter with Nick Nolte, Gene Hackman and Joanna Cassidy right at the of their game in this spellbinding political thriller of three journalists caught up in the 1979 Nicaraguan revolutionary conflict. Tour-de-force performances all round, meticulously intelligent screenplay, outstanding cinematography and tight direction deliver a big exciting, provocative, tension filled thrill ride that grabs you round the throat and never lets go. A special mention must also go to composer Jerry Goldsmith for his haunting [standout] Oscar nominated music score. Jean-Louis Trintignant and Ed Harris also star. A powerful piece of filmmaking entertainment that excels on every level: ****1/2 Stars.
in regard to the billy jack collection. can you give me more info on the 5th movie that wasnt released regards...Kenken Thursday 18 July, 2013 - 11:05 PM
hi Jim trying to get the Billy Jack collection (4 movies) can you tell me where i can get them please. i have old vhs and would like the dvd's. Regards Ken
i would like 3 setsken Thursday 18 July, 2013 - 11:03 PM
love Jim's show have enjoyed his segments on 3aw for many years, and I must say he is bang on with his reviews of the 3 recommendations above.Peter Caiafa Friday 15 February, 2013 - 4:00 PM