- Video interview: Mr Pip director Andrew Adamson
- Jim's cheat sheet - November 9
- This fish is worth $10,000
- Photos: Oaks Day 2013
- Card Pop: How much was your outfit?
- Photo gallery: The beautiful people - from the birdcage
- Gallery: Melbourne Cup day 2013
- 2013 Melbourne Cup Preview
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 red white and black print, stunning. What brand is it more
- Clare Harrison on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 I think it great and they all look that are having a wonderful time more
- Lyn Martin on The Castlereagh Line Has Castlereagh Line finished? I thought last time Keith had it on it finished differently. more
- Joy Matthews on The Castlereagh Line Can you tell me if the Castlereagh Line is finished. I heard the last episode repeated twice and then nothing last ... more
- Craig on In search of Labor's new hero It's not the end of the world for Labor. Abbott is the Libs 3rd leader & only won his leadership by 1 vote. And the Libs ... more
- IAN on In search of Labor's new hero Who want to lead the LABOR Party. more
- PJ on In search of Labor's new hero You forgot Gillard, whose having secret meetings in Canberra with her old guard. more
- Lisa on In search of Labor's new hero They will be in opposition a long time if they don't get rid of factions, fighting, deals, unions and anyone who has been ... more
- jgl Melb on In search of Labor's new hero Shouldn't it read "She has NO trouble standing up to both sides?" As for fakery personified Rudd the first words uttered on ... more
- andrew portway on In search of Labor's new hero New labor leader?, we have had the female leader, how good was that?! we've now got Cartman(south park) revisited they now ... more
- mylene on In search of Labor's new hero I'll leave it up to the Indonesians and the Chinese to get rid of Mr Rabbit. Labor can take a nice long holiday and sit back ... more
- IAN on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon The big "OOOOOO" a small person to me.? will pay with his job. more
- Ivan@kinnane on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Get a life! more
- Libnet on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon I think Essendon need to stand firm....I believe in doing this the AFL and ASADA will take a look at their whole structure, ... more
- Christine on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Yeah it's most inconvenient Essendon daring to challenge the allegations. Let's roll to keep the media and AFL happy. I'd ... more
- pam on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon LaurenVery proud of you--as Essendon supporter for 64 years I fear the possible demise (Yes demise), players don't wish to ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 3On Sunday I am going to go to the GWS v Richmond game and farewell a great of Essendon and Richmond for that matter in ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 2I have endured as you have said, having to defend Essendon to friends, family and co-workers. When I get text messages ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 1Thank you for your article Lauren, I think you have expressed exactly how many of us Essendon supporters feel. I am a ... more
- Jacoby on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon YES! more
John Cleese on Nightline
What is your favourite John Cleese memory?
I have so many happy memories of John Cleese. I smile just bringing him to mind. The builders with O'Rielly was a lot of fun. Also the scene where the dead man's arm was sticking out of the wardrobe was good.
The Germans, the duck dinner, all good. I think I liked Mrs. Richards not wanting to wear out her hearing aid, the best. Basil's comment about Krakatoa not erupting was hilarious. Fawlty Towers is my favourite comedy series.
John Cleese, my favourite comedian.Barbara Wednesday 26 August, 2009 - 12:19 PM
Ross, I know you'll look through to this read about your hero (and mine). You know, whenever I have had had a sh*t day I pull out one of the 12 episodes and I feel better.
The must be a bit of you and I in this bloke. Cheers JohnJohn Ellis Friday 8 May, 2009 - 11:18 PM
And who could ever get the radio marketing ads he did in Australia earlier this year? Funny stuff!Tim Ripley Thursday 13 November, 2008 - 12:34 AM
He has such a distinctive voice that carries a lot of character. It's hard to explain, but those who are fans of John Cleese would know what I am talking about. Thanks, AnneAnne Wednesday 12 November, 2008 - 10:20 AM
My favorite John Cleese moment? I couldn't possibly pick just one! Possibly when he gave his own eulogy at the Montreal Comedy festival Just For Laughs. Or any scene with him in it from A Fish Called Wanda. Or as the centurion giving Brian a Latin lesson at knife-point in Life of Brian.mrsthing Wednesday 12 November, 2008 - 10:12 AM
A super gifted person.
The world is a much better place for Faulty TowersKen Bolitho Wednesday 12 November, 2008 - 3:24 AM