- New release movie reviews, Sept 26
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Sept 26
- 'We are on Team Australia'
- 'Mainstream homes can't handle dad'
- Call to make drivers pay for all roads
- Owner lifts a finger to save her dog
- Animating originality: The Boxtrolls
- Sir Ben talks Attenborough and trolls
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
- Frankie on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Don't we already pay for the roads??By way of Car rego, Federal and state taxes and toll roads. So sick of Govt trying got ... more
- Brendan on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Wasn't there a rugby player a few years ago that tried the same method on a opponent? more
- ggggame on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Staffordshire terrier, aka Pitbull. Nothing against the breed but people should have to pay for a license to own one these ... more
- Meow on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Peggy, your ignorance clearly knows no bounds. more
- Sarah on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog I am an owner of a ridge back cros American staff and a bull arib cross aswell. They are very gentle and full of life. They ... more
- jasmine on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog BLAME THE OWNER NOT THE DOG yes this dog should have been on a lead, any dog can try and attack another its just the ... more
- Laura on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog It was an off leash beach hence why the dog was off leash. more
- David T. on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Anne's finger would be a great weapon to use in the fight against Isis. more
- Harry on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog A Bucket of water works very well too... and is much nicer on your fingers! more
- Gizmo on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Would work for me! Everytime I visit the vet its the one thing I dont mind him doing. Much to the embarressment of my ... more
- Walter on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Anne, I promise never to attack anything of yours .... ever. more
- Chris on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog You can also grab the attacking dogs hind legs and they will also go in shock and instantly release. more
Justin Madden: Should he be sacked?
PLAYING NOW: Planning Minister Justin Madden arguably reduces himself to a bumbling mess on the Neil Mitchell program. But he 'has a job to do and will keep doing it'.
UPDATE: 3AW's Justin Smith reports Premier John Brumby has 'moved on' Peta Duke, the media advisor at the centre of the Justin Madden storm reported below.
"She has been removed from her job and will be assigned to other duties."
REPORT: Planning Minister Justin Madden could be hauled before an Uper House committee after it was revealed his staff proposed faking community consultation to block the redevelopment of the Windsor Hotel.
The plot's revealed in an internal memo - accidentally released by Madden's office.
The Minister says the document was a draft and prepared by an adviser who's 'been counselled'.
But the Greens want an Upper House committee with MP Greg Barber saying the Minister has questions to answer about the integrity of the planning process.
Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu says Premier John Brumby should sack Madden.
This guys has left a legacy of destruction and authorised changes in Bass Coast that are utterly disgraceful; without the consent, or totally against, the local governments we have many things in the pipeline that go completely against the local region.
This guys should take a giant leap - it's a shame he can't reneg his deals.Ben Miles Thursday 24 February, 2011 - 7:38 PM
Not sure why Pauls comment popped up almost 12 month after the event, but good to see Neil got it right at the time. Wonder how many 'well considered' responses from Labor supportrs are still in the pipe line?Buce of Coburg Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 7:39 AM
I think Neil is missing the point Madden is making, that is that the document outlining this 'strategy' is drafted and edited to effect the media's coverage of the Minister. At the end of the day the individual that drafted this 'memo' is paid to interpret the medias views, which the minister can then act upon or reject according to how it chooses to present himself to the media. - In this particular case he clearly rejected it., and there was no need for Neils rudeness and consistent personal attacks.Paul Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 12:08 AM
This is so sad. Only in the Labour Government.... Justin, get the name right and maybe find another career, this one certainly doesn't suit you one bit. It's really a joke isn't it.Penny Cooper Tuesday 10 August, 2010 - 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, the public is so dumb this mob will get in again. How can the polls still be showing this mob is still in favour. Heaven help us in both State and Federally. WAKE UP - THE SPIN SHOULD BE DOING THAT!anna Monday 19 April, 2010 - 11:39 PM
Vic is in a very bad state of truth honesty, we not only suffer Madden and his planning but Peter Batchelor and his smart meters, and the loss of victorians assetts which was well and truly paid for by victorians only to be given away to o/seas companies with out any regard to the need of the Australian people, it will be years if ever,. that Australia will truly be Australia againjames gary Monday 29 March, 2010 - 8:35 PM