- 'What national symbol do we have?'
- 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, July 25
- Critical Incident Response Team
- Miranda Otto: Reaching for the part
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, July 22
- Not your average long-haul trip
- Top 10 classroom classics
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
- Matt on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget We have had our 6th child 4 days ago and have budgeted well for however we did not expect Abbott to lie so badly. As a ... more
- Os on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Hi,I just want someone to answer me what is going to happen to those people live overseas and get disability pension. I ... more
- Mick Wood on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Well, if you can't get in by boat..... more
- Nicholas on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Whatever the inhabitants of that thing are they're surely motion sick more
- Lynsey on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Pity you were using your iPhone (asper conversation on the radio). I have a camera on the raedy by my side in the car now ... more
- the serial pest on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Mmmm...dogs barking. Crickets chirping. A fleck in the sky. Sounds like a Fawkner family's been into some backyard moonshine. more
- tracy on UFO sighting in Fawkner? bulltwang first its moving not so fast across the sky and then its stays still not way up in the sky but about human height ... more
- Graeme on UFO sighting in Fawkner? Shared on Facebook Melbourne UFO group more
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
Justin Madden: Should he be sacked?
PLAYING NOW: Planning Minister Justin Madden arguably reduces himself to a bumbling mess on the Neil Mitchell program. But he 'has a job to do and will keep doing it'.
UPDATE: 3AW's Justin Smith reports Premier John Brumby has 'moved on' Peta Duke, the media advisor at the centre of the Justin Madden storm reported below.
"She has been removed from her job and will be assigned to other duties."
REPORT: Planning Minister Justin Madden could be hauled before an Uper House committee after it was revealed his staff proposed faking community consultation to block the redevelopment of the Windsor Hotel.
The plot's revealed in an internal memo - accidentally released by Madden's office.
The Minister says the document was a draft and prepared by an adviser who's 'been counselled'.
But the Greens want an Upper House committee with MP Greg Barber saying the Minister has questions to answer about the integrity of the planning process.
Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu says Premier John Brumby should sack Madden.
This guys has left a legacy of destruction and authorised changes in Bass Coast that are utterly disgraceful; without the consent, or totally against, the local governments we have many things in the pipeline that go completely against the local region.
This guys should take a giant leap - it's a shame he can't reneg his deals.Ben Miles Thursday 24 February, 2011 - 7:38 PM
Not sure why Pauls comment popped up almost 12 month after the event, but good to see Neil got it right at the time. Wonder how many 'well considered' responses from Labor supportrs are still in the pipe line?Buce of Coburg Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 7:39 AM
I think Neil is missing the point Madden is making, that is that the document outlining this 'strategy' is drafted and edited to effect the media's coverage of the Minister. At the end of the day the individual that drafted this 'memo' is paid to interpret the medias views, which the minister can then act upon or reject according to how it chooses to present himself to the media. - In this particular case he clearly rejected it., and there was no need for Neils rudeness and consistent personal attacks.Paul Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 12:08 AM
This is so sad. Only in the Labour Government.... Justin, get the name right and maybe find another career, this one certainly doesn't suit you one bit. It's really a joke isn't it.Penny Cooper Tuesday 10 August, 2010 - 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, the public is so dumb this mob will get in again. How can the polls still be showing this mob is still in favour. Heaven help us in both State and Federally. WAKE UP - THE SPIN SHOULD BE DOING THAT!anna Monday 19 April, 2010 - 11:39 PM
Vic is in a very bad state of truth honesty, we not only suffer Madden and his planning but Peter Batchelor and his smart meters, and the loss of victorians assetts which was well and truly paid for by victorians only to be given away to o/seas companies with out any regard to the need of the Australian people, it will be years if ever,. that Australia will truly be Australia againjames gary Monday 29 March, 2010 - 8:35 PM