- Jim's movie cheat sheet - April 20
- New release movie reviews - April 17
- 'I just want a beer with my mates'
- Conscription or compulsory volunteering for jobless?
- Jim's cheat sheet - April 11
- 'Assistants can't do a nurse's job'
- Ela's Woodland House review
- Ela’s Victoria for visitors
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
- Steve on 'I just want a beer with my mates' BIGGEST AMOUNT OF BULL TISH I HAVE EVER HEARD. BEING EX SERVICE IT WAS AN HONOUR TO WEAR MY UNIFORM AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS ... more
- Lucinda on 'I just want a beer with my mates' Surely in RSL's it should be fine, but i agree not in a licence pub in the city ie young and jacksons type of thing. Weren't ... more
- JimmyJack on 'My son has a problem with porn' What a load of tosh, sorry Tom, wasn't able to hear the call so only going on from what is here. This Susan McLean sounds ... more
- ian on 'My son has a problem with porn' Lack of parental control. more
- David R on 'My son has a problem with porn' Should a government issued/sanction laptop come installed with the Government supported/paid-for Internet protection ... more
- Tony voorhaar on Man comes forward over dooring When are people and gov't going to learn bikes and cars don't mix. Get rid of the bikes. more
- Christine on Man comes forward over dooring Again the minority are the loudest. The roads are for cars, who pay to be on the roads. I feel sorry for the people ... more
- Dingoes Breakfast on Man comes forward over dooring No cyclist should be allowed to ride on public roads without paying 3rd party insurance to the government and registration ... more
- LukeB on Man comes forward over dooring Actually, that footage is exactly what happens when a bike rider kicks the door of a car, or punches a car driver ... more
- Luke on Man comes forward over dooring Bike riders are near impossible to see & they also don't watch where they are going or pre-empt any trouble. They are their ... more
- Joanne on Man comes forward over dooring There will be no winners here. 1. Should the taxi driver have been allowed to let a passenger depart the vehicle from that ... more
- Lee on Man comes forward over dooring They are all in the wrong here. Cyclist shouldn't have been riding in the gutter, but since she was she should have gone a ... more
- Lukew on Man comes forward over dooring I think the rider should bear some of the responsibility here. If I was riding my bike in that situation, I would be ... more
- choppy on Man comes forward over dooring the guy sells toys and sporting equipment for leading brands...including bicycles! Acted like a pig. Perhaps he should ride ... more
- Richard on Man comes forward over dooring Its rule 140 about unsafe overtaking , just before the 141 that cyclists like to quote. Maybe read all the rules, not just ... more
- Richard on Man comes forward over dooring Shouldn't the cyclist be charged with unsafe overtaking? If it had been a motorcyclist that would be the charge (and ... more
- paul on Man comes forward over dooring No suprise that all the do gooder cyclists start calling normal everyday people with opinions red necks, yes the men were ... more
- Mandy on Man comes forward over dooring Why is it an offence when the cyclist passed on the inside of a stopped vehicle? So many times cyclists pass up the left ... more
- Cam on Man comes forward over dooring I'm sorry but the cyclist should have had the foresight to know that if a taxi stops then a door is more than likely to ... more
Justin Madden: Should he be sacked?
PLAYING NOW: Planning Minister Justin Madden arguably reduces himself to a bumbling mess on the Neil Mitchell program. But he 'has a job to do and will keep doing it'.
UPDATE: 3AW's Justin Smith reports Premier John Brumby has 'moved on' Peta Duke, the media advisor at the centre of the Justin Madden storm reported below.
"She has been removed from her job and will be assigned to other duties."
REPORT: Planning Minister Justin Madden could be hauled before an Uper House committee after it was revealed his staff proposed faking community consultation to block the redevelopment of the Windsor Hotel.
The plot's revealed in an internal memo - accidentally released by Madden's office.
The Minister says the document was a draft and prepared by an adviser who's 'been counselled'.
But the Greens want an Upper House committee with MP Greg Barber saying the Minister has questions to answer about the integrity of the planning process.
Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu says Premier John Brumby should sack Madden.
This guys has left a legacy of destruction and authorised changes in Bass Coast that are utterly disgraceful; without the consent, or totally against, the local governments we have many things in the pipeline that go completely against the local region.
This guys should take a giant leap - it's a shame he can't reneg his deals.Ben Miles Thursday 24 February, 2011 - 7:38 PM
Not sure why Pauls comment popped up almost 12 month after the event, but good to see Neil got it right at the time. Wonder how many 'well considered' responses from Labor supportrs are still in the pipe line?Buce of Coburg Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 7:39 AM
I think Neil is missing the point Madden is making, that is that the document outlining this 'strategy' is drafted and edited to effect the media's coverage of the Minister. At the end of the day the individual that drafted this 'memo' is paid to interpret the medias views, which the minister can then act upon or reject according to how it chooses to present himself to the media. - In this particular case he clearly rejected it., and there was no need for Neils rudeness and consistent personal attacks.Paul Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 12:08 AM
This is so sad. Only in the Labour Government.... Justin, get the name right and maybe find another career, this one certainly doesn't suit you one bit. It's really a joke isn't it.Penny Cooper Tuesday 10 August, 2010 - 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, the public is so dumb this mob will get in again. How can the polls still be showing this mob is still in favour. Heaven help us in both State and Federally. WAKE UP - THE SPIN SHOULD BE DOING THAT!anna Monday 19 April, 2010 - 11:39 PM
Vic is in a very bad state of truth honesty, we not only suffer Madden and his planning but Peter Batchelor and his smart meters, and the loss of victorians assetts which was well and truly paid for by victorians only to be given away to o/seas companies with out any regard to the need of the Australian people, it will be years if ever,. that Australia will truly be Australia againjames gary Monday 29 March, 2010 - 8:35 PM