- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Interview with Stephen Lance
- Jim's Movie Cheat Sheet
- Ela visits the "Lui Bar"
- Mother's plea for more family time
- Melbourne's Own photo competition
- Labor's pledge to get families fishing
- What do you love most about Melbourne?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Doug on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Unhappy can"t hear Grubby and Dee Dee in the car or in the shed. Digital doesn't work in the Mc Crae area. I'm over cricket, ... more
- James on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Stop winging people. At least we have a choice. You don't have to buy a digital radio if you have access to the internet ... more
- Chris mack on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Description is ambiguous does cricket take over regular programs only on Sunday or throughout the week when cricket is on. more
- Jenn on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk How do those of us living outside the Digital range (in the country)and have poor internet connection get normal ... more
- Jayme Doran on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Live audio streaming of Cricket Coverage via the newly relaunched cricket.com.au website is for Australian Cricket Family ... more
- alan smith on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk it's all a rort to make us buy a radio that doesn't work all the time. more
- Gloss on Derby Day: How much did you spend on ... OMG, that south wind was very chilling those ladies who wore summer frocks must have been freezing. They must have been very ... more
- Peter on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Will football be covered on digital or analogue? more
- Jason & Lissy on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk GREat Idea because not everyone likes Cricket. more
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
Justin Madden: Should he be sacked?
PLAYING NOW: Planning Minister Justin Madden arguably reduces himself to a bumbling mess on the Neil Mitchell program. But he 'has a job to do and will keep doing it'.
UPDATE: 3AW's Justin Smith reports Premier John Brumby has 'moved on' Peta Duke, the media advisor at the centre of the Justin Madden storm reported below.
"She has been removed from her job and will be assigned to other duties."
REPORT: Planning Minister Justin Madden could be hauled before an Uper House committee after it was revealed his staff proposed faking community consultation to block the redevelopment of the Windsor Hotel.
The plot's revealed in an internal memo - accidentally released by Madden's office.
The Minister says the document was a draft and prepared by an adviser who's 'been counselled'.
But the Greens want an Upper House committee with MP Greg Barber saying the Minister has questions to answer about the integrity of the planning process.
Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu says Premier John Brumby should sack Madden.
This guys has left a legacy of destruction and authorised changes in Bass Coast that are utterly disgraceful; without the consent, or totally against, the local governments we have many things in the pipeline that go completely against the local region.
This guys should take a giant leap - it's a shame he can't reneg his deals.Ben Miles Thursday 24 February, 2011 - 7:38 PM
Not sure why Pauls comment popped up almost 12 month after the event, but good to see Neil got it right at the time. Wonder how many 'well considered' responses from Labor supportrs are still in the pipe line?Buce of Coburg Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 7:39 AM
I think Neil is missing the point Madden is making, that is that the document outlining this 'strategy' is drafted and edited to effect the media's coverage of the Minister. At the end of the day the individual that drafted this 'memo' is paid to interpret the medias views, which the minister can then act upon or reject according to how it chooses to present himself to the media. - In this particular case he clearly rejected it., and there was no need for Neils rudeness and consistent personal attacks.Paul Tuesday 11 January, 2011 - 12:08 AM
This is so sad. Only in the Labour Government.... Justin, get the name right and maybe find another career, this one certainly doesn't suit you one bit. It's really a joke isn't it.Penny Cooper Tuesday 10 August, 2010 - 10:30 PM
Unfortunately, the public is so dumb this mob will get in again. How can the polls still be showing this mob is still in favour. Heaven help us in both State and Federally. WAKE UP - THE SPIN SHOULD BE DOING THAT!anna Monday 19 April, 2010 - 11:39 PM
Vic is in a very bad state of truth honesty, we not only suffer Madden and his planning but Peter Batchelor and his smart meters, and the loss of victorians assetts which was well and truly paid for by victorians only to be given away to o/seas companies with out any regard to the need of the Australian people, it will be years if ever,. that Australia will truly be Australia againjames gary Monday 29 March, 2010 - 8:35 PM