- 'I just want a beer with my mates'
- Conscription or compulsory volunteering for jobless?
- Jim's cheat sheet - April 11
- 'Assistants can't do a nurse's job'
- Harrison Craig sings L-O-V-E live
- Ela's Woodland House review
- Ela’s Victoria for visitors
- New release movie reviews - April 10
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on 'I just want a beer with my mates' BIGGEST AMOUNT OF BULL TISH I HAVE EVER HEARD. BEING EX SERVICE IT WAS AN HONOUR TO WEAR MY UNIFORM AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS ... more
- Lucinda on 'I just want a beer with my mates' Surely in RSL's it should be fine, but i agree not in a licence pub in the city ie young and jacksons type of thing. Weren't ... more
- JimmyJack on 'My son has a problem with porn' What a load of tosh, sorry Tom, wasn't able to hear the call so only going on from what is here. This Susan McLean sounds ... more
- ian on 'My son has a problem with porn' Lack of parental control. more
- David R on 'My son has a problem with porn' Should a government issued/sanction laptop come installed with the Government supported/paid-for Internet protection ... more
- Tony voorhaar on Man comes forward over dooring When are people and gov't going to learn bikes and cars don't mix. Get rid of the bikes. more
- Christine on Man comes forward over dooring Again the minority are the loudest. The roads are for cars, who pay to be on the roads. I feel sorry for the people ... more
- Dingoes Breakfast on Man comes forward over dooring No cyclist should be allowed to ride on public roads without paying 3rd party insurance to the government and registration ... more
- LukeB on Man comes forward over dooring Actually, that footage is exactly what happens when a bike rider kicks the door of a car, or punches a car driver ... more
- Luke on Man comes forward over dooring Bike riders are near impossible to see & they also don't watch where they are going or pre-empt any trouble. They are their ... more
- Joanne on Man comes forward over dooring There will be no winners here. 1. Should the taxi driver have been allowed to let a passenger depart the vehicle from that ... more
- Lee on Man comes forward over dooring They are all in the wrong here. Cyclist shouldn't have been riding in the gutter, but since she was she should have gone a ... more
- Lukew on Man comes forward over dooring I think the rider should bear some of the responsibility here. If I was riding my bike in that situation, I would be ... more
- choppy on Man comes forward over dooring the guy sells toys and sporting equipment for leading brands...including bicycles! Acted like a pig. Perhaps he should ride ... more
- Richard on Man comes forward over dooring Its rule 140 about unsafe overtaking , just before the 141 that cyclists like to quote. Maybe read all the rules, not just ... more
- Richard on Man comes forward over dooring Shouldn't the cyclist be charged with unsafe overtaking? If it had been a motorcyclist that would be the charge (and ... more
- paul on Man comes forward over dooring No suprise that all the do gooder cyclists start calling normal everyday people with opinions red necks, yes the men were ... more
- Mandy on Man comes forward over dooring Why is it an offence when the cyclist passed on the inside of a stopped vehicle? So many times cyclists pass up the left ... more
- Cam on Man comes forward over dooring I'm sorry but the cyclist should have had the foresight to know that if a taxi stops then a door is more than likely to ... more
- ian on Man comes forward over dooring If any person with a brain??? you can see this is not wide enough for a bike lane. Would the people that complained, look at ... more
Millions in unclaimed funds could be yours
Millions of dollars in unclaimed funds are sitting in the State Revenue Office, and some of it could be yours.
Spokesperson for the State Revenue Office Darren Joyce told Justin Smith that amongst the funds were unclaimed lottery and betting winnings from Tattersalls, Intralot and TAB.
”We had one fellow walk into our office with a Tattlotto ticket in his hand,” Mr Joyce said.
”We ran it through the system and he…left with about $600,000.”
Mr Joyce said often the funds come to the SRO as its owners can’t be found, and recommended trying different variations of your name while searching the database.
"There's a number of different permutations you need to look at when you're searching to see if you've got some funds owing to you."
Mr Joyce said in the last twelve months of the $70 million that came through the SRO's door, only $22 million was claimed.
LISTEN: Spokesperson for the State Revenue Office Darren Joyce speaks with Justin Smith:
Would love to know if i have any money lying around. Also have heaps of old tattslotto tickets here. Where can i take them to, to have them checked. ThankyouLORETTA FULLER Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 11:09 AM
dont think i will check, my luck ill be owing something to someone!!!sue Saturday 15 September, 2012 - 10:58 PM
Fell like Santa.I found $250 for my daughter and $37 00 for my neighbour,Alas none for me though.Wendy Friday 14 September, 2012 - 3:46 PM
i would like to know if i have any money lying aroundrajan khanna Friday 14 September, 2012 - 12:24 PM
thank you for this opportunity to see if there are any unclaimed funds in my nameJosephine Moschetti Friday 14 September, 2012 - 10:39 AM
Thankyou. I looked up a family member and am claiming $774.Bev Friday 14 September, 2012 - 6:50 AM