- Cricket calendar: Live on 3AW in 2013-14
- Best and worst movie accents
- New Release Movie Reviews - December 12
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - December 6
- Howzat umpire Elliott?!
- Video interview: Mr Pip director Andrew Adamson
- Jim's cheat sheet - November 9
- This fish is worth $10,000
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 red white and black print, stunning. What brand is it more
- Clare Harrison on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 I think it great and they all look that are having a wonderful time more
- Lyn Martin on The Castlereagh Line Has Castlereagh Line finished? I thought last time Keith had it on it finished differently. more
- Joy Matthews on The Castlereagh Line Can you tell me if the Castlereagh Line is finished. I heard the last episode repeated twice and then nothing last ... more
- Craig on In search of Labor's new hero It's not the end of the world for Labor. Abbott is the Libs 3rd leader & only won his leadership by 1 vote. And the Libs ... more
- IAN on In search of Labor's new hero Who want to lead the LABOR Party. more
- PJ on In search of Labor's new hero You forgot Gillard, whose having secret meetings in Canberra with her old guard. more
- Lisa on In search of Labor's new hero They will be in opposition a long time if they don't get rid of factions, fighting, deals, unions and anyone who has been ... more
- jgl Melb on In search of Labor's new hero Shouldn't it read "She has NO trouble standing up to both sides?" As for fakery personified Rudd the first words uttered on ... more
- andrew portway on In search of Labor's new hero New labor leader?, we have had the female leader, how good was that?! we've now got Cartman(south park) revisited they now ... more
- mylene on In search of Labor's new hero I'll leave it up to the Indonesians and the Chinese to get rid of Mr Rabbit. Labor can take a nice long holiday and sit back ... more
- IAN on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon The big "OOOOOO" a small person to me.? will pay with his job. more
- Ivan@kinnane on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Get a life! more
- Libnet on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon I think Essendon need to stand firm....I believe in doing this the AFL and ASADA will take a look at their whole structure, ... more
- Christine on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Yeah it's most inconvenient Essendon daring to challenge the allegations. Let's roll to keep the media and AFL happy. I'd ... more
- pam on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon LaurenVery proud of you--as Essendon supporter for 64 years I fear the possible demise (Yes demise), players don't wish to ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 3On Sunday I am going to go to the GWS v Richmond game and farewell a great of Essendon and Richmond for that matter in ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 2I have endured as you have said, having to defend Essendon to friends, family and co-workers. When I get text messages ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 1Thank you for your article Lauren, I think you have expressed exactly how many of us Essendon supporters feel. I am a ... more
- Jacoby on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon YES! more
Millions in unclaimed funds could be yours
Millions of dollars in unclaimed funds are sitting in the State Revenue Office, and some of it could be yours.
Spokesperson for the State Revenue Office Darren Joyce told Justin Smith that amongst the funds were unclaimed lottery and betting winnings from Tattersalls, Intralot and TAB.
”We had one fellow walk into our office with a Tattlotto ticket in his hand,” Mr Joyce said.
”We ran it through the system and he…left with about $600,000.”
Mr Joyce said often the funds come to the SRO as its owners can’t be found, and recommended trying different variations of your name while searching the database.
"There's a number of different permutations you need to look at when you're searching to see if you've got some funds owing to you."
Mr Joyce said in the last twelve months of the $70 million that came through the SRO's door, only $22 million was claimed.
LISTEN: Spokesperson for the State Revenue Office Darren Joyce speaks with Justin Smith:
Would love to know if i have any money lying around. Also have heaps of old tattslotto tickets here. Where can i take them to, to have them checked. ThankyouLORETTA FULLER Sunday 28 April, 2013 - 11:09 AM
dont think i will check, my luck ill be owing something to someone!!!sue Saturday 15 September, 2012 - 10:58 PM
Fell like Santa.I found $250 for my daughter and $37 00 for my neighbour,Alas none for me though.Wendy Friday 14 September, 2012 - 3:46 PM
i would like to know if i have any money lying aroundrajan khanna Friday 14 September, 2012 - 12:24 PM
thank you for this opportunity to see if there are any unclaimed funds in my nameJosephine Moschetti Friday 14 September, 2012 - 10:39 AM
Thankyou. I looked up a family member and am claiming $774.Bev Friday 14 September, 2012 - 6:50 AM