- New release movie reviews - April 17
- 'I just want a beer with my mates'
- Conscription or compulsory volunteering for jobless?
- Jim's cheat sheet - April 11
- 'Assistants can't do a nurse's job'
- Ela's Woodland House review
- Ela’s Victoria for visitors
- New release movie reviews - April 10
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- james mason on 'I just want a beer with my mates' political correctness ????Sad day for our nation that cant even trust our proud men and woman of our defence force to have a ... more
- Steve on 'I just want a beer with my mates' BIGGEST AMOUNT OF BULL TISH I HAVE EVER HEARD. BEING EX SERVICE IT WAS AN HONOUR TO WEAR MY UNIFORM AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS ... more
- Lucinda on 'I just want a beer with my mates' Surely in RSL's it should be fine, but i agree not in a licence pub in the city ie young and jacksons type of thing. Weren't ... more
- JimmyJack on 'My son has a problem with porn' What a load of tosh, sorry Tom, wasn't able to hear the call so only going on from what is here. This Susan McLean sounds ... more
- ian on 'My son has a problem with porn' Lack of parental control. more
- David R on 'My son has a problem with porn' Should a government issued/sanction laptop come installed with the Government supported/paid-for Internet protection ... more
- Tony voorhaar on Man comes forward over dooring When are people and gov't going to learn bikes and cars don't mix. Get rid of the bikes. more
- Christine on Man comes forward over dooring Again the minority are the loudest. The roads are for cars, who pay to be on the roads. I feel sorry for the people ... more
- Dingoes Breakfast on Man comes forward over dooring No cyclist should be allowed to ride on public roads without paying 3rd party insurance to the government and registration ... more
- LukeB on Man comes forward over dooring Actually, that footage is exactly what happens when a bike rider kicks the door of a car, or punches a car driver ... more
- Luke on Man comes forward over dooring Bike riders are near impossible to see & they also don't watch where they are going or pre-empt any trouble. They are their ... more
- Joanne on Man comes forward over dooring There will be no winners here. 1. Should the taxi driver have been allowed to let a passenger depart the vehicle from that ... more
- Lee on Man comes forward over dooring They are all in the wrong here. Cyclist shouldn't have been riding in the gutter, but since she was she should have gone a ... more
- Lukew on Man comes forward over dooring I think the rider should bear some of the responsibility here. If I was riding my bike in that situation, I would be ... more
- choppy on Man comes forward over dooring the guy sells toys and sporting equipment for leading brands...including bicycles! Acted like a pig. Perhaps he should ride ... more
- Richard on Man comes forward over dooring Its rule 140 about unsafe overtaking , just before the 141 that cyclists like to quote. Maybe read all the rules, not just ... more
- Richard on Man comes forward over dooring Shouldn't the cyclist be charged with unsafe overtaking? If it had been a motorcyclist that would be the charge (and ... more
- paul on Man comes forward over dooring No suprise that all the do gooder cyclists start calling normal everyday people with opinions red necks, yes the men were ... more
- Mandy on Man comes forward over dooring Why is it an offence when the cyclist passed on the inside of a stopped vehicle? So many times cyclists pass up the left ... more
- Cam on Man comes forward over dooring I'm sorry but the cyclist should have had the foresight to know that if a taxi stops then a door is more than likely to ... more
Neil Mitchell on the Yarra
Neil Mitchell utilised some new technology at 3AW to complete his entire 8:30am to 12pm broadcast on Friday cruising down the Yarra on a boat.
The 3AW host stopped off and picked up some of his regulars on what was an historic day for the program.
Neil is one of Australia’s most experienced journalists with success in newspapers, radio and television. He was one of the youngest editors of a daily metropolitan newspaper, The Herald. Enter Neil's highlights page for videos. replays and news.
I have done the trip up the river some years ago in a 24 foot launch, all the way from Carrum. What a wonderful day it was. I wish I could do that everyday.Michael Friday 3 December, 2010 - 4:42 PM
what a great program you had today, one of your best well done ! Pitty the Blimp isn't around anymore i reckon that would have been perfect for you to do your program from !
Cheers Ron.Ron Thursday 2 December, 2010 - 10:34 PM
Hi Neil, two things make me proud of my city, that is our wonderful Childrens Hospital caring and looking after our little ones and what a great job they do, and then there is (YOU) 3AW, how exciting it has been today with your journey along the Yarra seeing all the wonder around the water, a beauty in itself.I was a little sadden today because my daughter who attends Melbourne Girls Colledge is on work experience and has missed out on seeing your exciting yacht pass her school on the yarra today maybe next time, keep up the great work that you do Neil, l listen each day while on my job as a cleaner, meryy christmas to you and staff regards EnzaEnza Thursday 2 December, 2010 - 4:00 PM
Neil, please get your captin to turn on his AIS transponder.
Our exocette is having trouble locating you.Greg of Seddon Thursday 2 December, 2010 - 10:09 AM
eww the piture is kida creepyana Thursday 2 December, 2010 - 9:49 AM
I look forward to meeting and chatting with you today on the river. I will be piloting the Yarra Riverkeeper patrol boat (actually a little tinny) as part of our work to raise awareness about the Yarra - its plights and delights - and encouraging everyone both to enjoy the river and to take better care of it.
Yarra Riverkeeper Ian Penrose
pph 0409 510 766Ian Penrose Thursday 2 December, 2010 - 8:10 AM