- Animating originality: The Boxtrolls
- Sir Ben talks Attenborough and trolls
- New release movie reviews, Sept 11
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - August 29
- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
'Professor Frink' on 'anti Earth Hour'
PLAYING NOW: Eli Lehrer, Competitive Enterprise Institute, speaks to 3AW Breakfast about Human Achievement hour, or what has been dubbed 'anti Earth Hour'.
Ross and John have had feedback Eli sounds like Professor John Frink from The Simpsons.
REPORT (Tom Arup - The Age): A think tank founded and chaired by the Liberal senator Cory Bernardi has launched a campaign to promote an anti-Earth Hour event - urging people to turn their lights on.
During Human Achievement Hour on Saturday, households will be asked to go about their daily business and turn on the lights for an hour to recognise ''the incredible accomplishments of the human race''.
It will be held at the same time as WWF's Earth Hour, for which people are urged to turn their lights off to promote efforts to mitigate global warming.
Human Achievement Hour was founded last year by the US free market think tank the Competitive Enterprise Institute as a reaction to Earth Hour.
In Australia the Conservative Leadership Foundation, founded and chaired by Senator Bernardi, is promoting the event on its website and on Facebook.
''While Earth Hour activists will be left in the dark, Human Achievement Hour participants will be going to the cinema, enjoying a hot meal, driving their car or watching television,'' the foundation's website states.
The foundation's campaign includes posters and brochures; one poster proclaims: ''Don't be stuck in the dark with the Communists. Turn your lights on!''
Senator Bernardi said yesterday the campaign was not his idea and is being run by university students who volunteer at his think tank.
His connection to the campaign is likely to embarrass key Liberals, including the shadow environment minister, Greg Hunt, who has pledged his support for Earth Hour.
Earth Hour is organised by the WWF and sponsored by Fairfax, the owner of the Herald.
This year's Earth Hour, and Human Achievement Hour, will be held on Saturday between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.
What else would one expect from a party that promotes Liberal Party individuals such as Barnaby Joyce & Tony Abbott. I'm surprised they haven't encouraged people to drive around needlessly for a few hours, just to add a few more tonnes of CO2 to the atmospehere... And they wonder why the standard of university education has become such a joke~!Lenny Sunday 28 March, 2010 - 3:11 PM
earth hour , what a great way to relieve our guilt about the environment.
Mark Sunday 28 March, 2010 - 9:42 AM
So the w---er brigade is going to sit in the dark for an hour to justify and give themselves permission to enjoy life for next 365 days at 24hours and say how green am I.brad Saturday 27 March, 2010 - 12:46 PM