- Interview with director Ruben Ostlund
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Oct 24
- New release movie reviews, Oct 24
- Why good Aussie films fail
- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Teen jihadi threatens Abbott
- New release movie reviews, Sept 26
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Sept 26
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
- Frankie on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Don't we already pay for the roads??By way of Car rego, Federal and state taxes and toll roads. So sick of Govt trying got ... more
- Brendan on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Wasn't there a rugby player a few years ago that tried the same method on a opponent? more
- ggggame on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Staffordshire terrier, aka Pitbull. Nothing against the breed but people should have to pay for a license to own one these ... more
- Meow on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Peggy, your ignorance clearly knows no bounds. more
- Sarah on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog I am an owner of a ridge back cros American staff and a bull arib cross aswell. They are very gentle and full of life. They ... more
- jasmine on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog BLAME THE OWNER NOT THE DOG yes this dog should have been on a lead, any dog can try and attack another its just the ... more
- Laura on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog It was an off leash beach hence why the dog was off leash. more
- David T. on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Anne's finger would be a great weapon to use in the fight against Isis. more
- Harry on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog A Bucket of water works very well too... and is much nicer on your fingers! more
'Professor Frink' on 'anti Earth Hour'
PLAYING NOW: Eli Lehrer, Competitive Enterprise Institute, speaks to 3AW Breakfast about Human Achievement hour, or what has been dubbed 'anti Earth Hour'.
Ross and John have had feedback Eli sounds like Professor John Frink from The Simpsons.
REPORT (Tom Arup - The Age): A think tank founded and chaired by the Liberal senator Cory Bernardi has launched a campaign to promote an anti-Earth Hour event - urging people to turn their lights on.
During Human Achievement Hour on Saturday, households will be asked to go about their daily business and turn on the lights for an hour to recognise ''the incredible accomplishments of the human race''.
It will be held at the same time as WWF's Earth Hour, for which people are urged to turn their lights off to promote efforts to mitigate global warming.
Human Achievement Hour was founded last year by the US free market think tank the Competitive Enterprise Institute as a reaction to Earth Hour.
In Australia the Conservative Leadership Foundation, founded and chaired by Senator Bernardi, is promoting the event on its website and on Facebook.
''While Earth Hour activists will be left in the dark, Human Achievement Hour participants will be going to the cinema, enjoying a hot meal, driving their car or watching television,'' the foundation's website states.
The foundation's campaign includes posters and brochures; one poster proclaims: ''Don't be stuck in the dark with the Communists. Turn your lights on!''
Senator Bernardi said yesterday the campaign was not his idea and is being run by university students who volunteer at his think tank.
His connection to the campaign is likely to embarrass key Liberals, including the shadow environment minister, Greg Hunt, who has pledged his support for Earth Hour.
Earth Hour is organised by the WWF and sponsored by Fairfax, the owner of the Herald.
This year's Earth Hour, and Human Achievement Hour, will be held on Saturday between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.
What else would one expect from a party that promotes Liberal Party individuals such as Barnaby Joyce & Tony Abbott. I'm surprised they haven't encouraged people to drive around needlessly for a few hours, just to add a few more tonnes of CO2 to the atmospehere... And they wonder why the standard of university education has become such a joke~!Lenny Sunday 28 March, 2010 - 3:11 PM
earth hour , what a great way to relieve our guilt about the environment.
Mark Sunday 28 March, 2010 - 9:42 AM
So the w---er brigade is going to sit in the dark for an hour to justify and give themselves permission to enjoy life for next 365 days at 24hours and say how green am I.brad Saturday 27 March, 2010 - 12:46 PM