- Jim's movie cheat sheet December 13
- Johnny Young joins Darren James
- Cricket calendar: Live on 3AW in 2013-14
- Best and worst movie accents
- New Release Movie Reviews - December 12
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - December 6
- Howzat umpire Elliott?!
- Video interview: Mr Pip director Andrew Adamson
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jack on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 red white and black print, stunning. What brand is it more
- Clare Harrison on Photos: Oaks Day 2013 I think it great and they all look that are having a wonderful time more
- Lyn Martin on The Castlereagh Line Has Castlereagh Line finished? I thought last time Keith had it on it finished differently. more
- Joy Matthews on The Castlereagh Line Can you tell me if the Castlereagh Line is finished. I heard the last episode repeated twice and then nothing last ... more
- Craig on In search of Labor's new hero It's not the end of the world for Labor. Abbott is the Libs 3rd leader & only won his leadership by 1 vote. And the Libs ... more
- IAN on In search of Labor's new hero Who want to lead the LABOR Party. more
- PJ on In search of Labor's new hero You forgot Gillard, whose having secret meetings in Canberra with her old guard. more
- Lisa on In search of Labor's new hero They will be in opposition a long time if they don't get rid of factions, fighting, deals, unions and anyone who has been ... more
- jgl Melb on In search of Labor's new hero Shouldn't it read "She has NO trouble standing up to both sides?" As for fakery personified Rudd the first words uttered on ... more
- andrew portway on In search of Labor's new hero New labor leader?, we have had the female leader, how good was that?! we've now got Cartman(south park) revisited they now ... more
- mylene on In search of Labor's new hero I'll leave it up to the Indonesians and the Chinese to get rid of Mr Rabbit. Labor can take a nice long holiday and sit back ... more
- IAN on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon The big "OOOOOO" a small person to me.? will pay with his job. more
- Ivan@kinnane on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Get a life! more
- Libnet on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon I think Essendon need to stand firm....I believe in doing this the AFL and ASADA will take a look at their whole structure, ... more
- Christine on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Yeah it's most inconvenient Essendon daring to challenge the allegations. Let's roll to keep the media and AFL happy. I'd ... more
- pam on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon LaurenVery proud of you--as Essendon supporter for 64 years I fear the possible demise (Yes demise), players don't wish to ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 3On Sunday I am going to go to the GWS v Richmond game and farewell a great of Essendon and Richmond for that matter in ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 2I have endured as you have said, having to defend Essendon to friends, family and co-workers. When I get text messages ... more
- Peter on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon Part 1Thank you for your article Lauren, I think you have expressed exactly how many of us Essendon supporters feel. I am a ... more
- Jacoby on A Bomber fan's plea to Essendon YES! more
'Professor Frink' on 'anti Earth Hour'
PLAYING NOW: Eli Lehrer, Competitive Enterprise Institute, speaks to 3AW Breakfast about Human Achievement hour, or what has been dubbed 'anti Earth Hour'.
Ross and John have had feedback Eli sounds like Professor John Frink from The Simpsons.
REPORT (Tom Arup - The Age): A think tank founded and chaired by the Liberal senator Cory Bernardi has launched a campaign to promote an anti-Earth Hour event - urging people to turn their lights on.
During Human Achievement Hour on Saturday, households will be asked to go about their daily business and turn on the lights for an hour to recognise ''the incredible accomplishments of the human race''.
It will be held at the same time as WWF's Earth Hour, for which people are urged to turn their lights off to promote efforts to mitigate global warming.
Human Achievement Hour was founded last year by the US free market think tank the Competitive Enterprise Institute as a reaction to Earth Hour.
In Australia the Conservative Leadership Foundation, founded and chaired by Senator Bernardi, is promoting the event on its website and on Facebook.
''While Earth Hour activists will be left in the dark, Human Achievement Hour participants will be going to the cinema, enjoying a hot meal, driving their car or watching television,'' the foundation's website states.
The foundation's campaign includes posters and brochures; one poster proclaims: ''Don't be stuck in the dark with the Communists. Turn your lights on!''
Senator Bernardi said yesterday the campaign was not his idea and is being run by university students who volunteer at his think tank.
His connection to the campaign is likely to embarrass key Liberals, including the shadow environment minister, Greg Hunt, who has pledged his support for Earth Hour.
Earth Hour is organised by the WWF and sponsored by Fairfax, the owner of the Herald.
This year's Earth Hour, and Human Achievement Hour, will be held on Saturday between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.
What else would one expect from a party that promotes Liberal Party individuals such as Barnaby Joyce & Tony Abbott. I'm surprised they haven't encouraged people to drive around needlessly for a few hours, just to add a few more tonnes of CO2 to the atmospehere... And they wonder why the standard of university education has become such a joke~!Lenny Sunday 28 March, 2010 - 3:11 PM
earth hour , what a great way to relieve our guilt about the environment.
Mark Sunday 28 March, 2010 - 9:42 AM
So the w---er brigade is going to sit in the dark for an hour to justify and give themselves permission to enjoy life for next 365 days at 24hours and say how green am I.brad Saturday 27 March, 2010 - 12:46 PM