- New release movie reviews, Sept 11
- Jim's movie cheat sheet - August 29
- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- Melbourne secures David Bowie exhibition
- Will Russia’s sanctions matter?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
Racist picks a fight with a cage fighting champion
When did it become so provocative, such a crime, to speak in a foreign language in public in Melbourne?
Brazilian-born Aussie Gustavo Falciroli was on the South Morang train when he spoke to a friend in Portuguese. A man came up to him, told him ‘It was not his country’ and then threatened to cut and rape him, his wife and two children.
All that, because this naturalised Aussie spoken in a public place in a foreign language – that’s it.
Gustavo Falciroli after he became an Australian citizen in August this year. (Photo: Facebook)>
Mr Falciroli did not create a scene or an incident. He wisely got off the train, then alerted Police and the man was later apprehended.
The irony in all this, this boofhead racist, unbeknownst to him, had actually abused a man who could have made him pay for being such a drop kick.
You see, Gustavo is a cage fighting champion and a former Jiu Jitsu world champion.
The racist had no idea who he had tackled, he just heard a foreign language and engaged his foul mouth – and that’s the point.
This is the second time in a month we've heard that a person talking in a foreign language has been abused on public transport. Remember the French woman being lambasted for signing a song on a bus – that video went viral.
I don’t understand why people speaking a foreign language are being targeted. When I grew up, it was commonplace to hear Greeks and Italians talking in their own language in shops, on trains, even at the footy. No one cared; it added to the colour of our city. Still does.
For his part, Gustavo Falciroli walked away from this confrontation on the train. He showed grace, dignity and decency; Great Australian qualities.
I would hope he’s proven he’s a far greater Aussie than the boofhead who abused him.
LISTEN: Gustavo Falciroli with Nick McCallum:
Dandy Dave is an IdiotMark Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Grace , dignity and decency; great Australian qualities.
Since when? What does that mean? How about Thailand? How about Canada? How about so many countries all around the planet? Every time bad behaviour of some sort hits the news, idiots comment about the behaviour not being Australian. The notion is jingoistically racist. Idiots.Eddy Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 7:30 AM
Your a good man Gustavo!
Your actions prove that you are a REAL MAN by ignoring this pathetic coward.
( Although I would have loved to have seen his face if you had taken it further)Cam Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:05 PM
speak english is right. I agree with you. Since when did Australia become a multi-lingual country? What's the national language of Australia - it's english isn't it?. Perhaps if media like 3AW stuck up for their country more often Australia wouldn't be in the mess it is today.dandy dave Monday 17 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM
who cares what he was saying to his mate, it was none of that guys business to approach him. Good on you Gustavotina Monday 17 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
Well done Gustavo we need people like you in Australia im glad you became a Australian citizen
feel free to travel on the Pakenham line any timedennis frazer Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:53 AM