- Nigella, we don't like to think of you cowering from a thug
- Day 14: 16,500km Around Australia road test
- Day 13: 16,500km Around Australia road test
- Day 12: 16,500km Around Australia road test
- Day 11: 16,500km Around Australia road test
- Day 15: 16,500km Around Australia road test
- Day 16: 16,500km around Australia road test
- Dee Dee tells Seal to 'Choof off'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Flora on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... He humiliated and degraded her in public then tried to make light of it -Tweaking her nose - what the hell is that sick ... more
- Ange Kenos on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... Some 'no bodies' create woeful garbage just so that they can grab headlines. This person is such an example. I could almost ... more
- Philip on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... So the person who has to do something about domestic violence is the woman. Thoughtless, Dee Dee. more
- Georgia on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... People who are victims of domestic violence benefit far more from gentle support rather than this kind of ignorant ... more
- June on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... You ignorant pig. more
- mark on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... Really silly and missinformed comments by dee dee maybe nextime you might choose your words wisely or just shut your mouth. ... more
- kristin anderson on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... what is it with radio "shock jocks" your lack of sensitivitycan only be likened to Howardslack of intelligence.Are the ... more
- David H on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... What is it ABOUT loudmouthed Aussie DJ's ? more
- paul on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... DD,You should think very carefully before saying anything.Your comments are not helpful. more
- Catherine on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... From experience, the thug who inflicts domestic loves it when the woman stands up to , because he will often exploit the ... more
- gerryK on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... Because you buy her books and watch her TV shows does not mean she owes you or women in general, anything. You bought the ... more
- Victor Fonzarelli on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... '"First and foremost, my wish for Nigella Lawson is that she is safe and well, and as far away from her beastly husband as ... more
- Imaginative nickname on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... DD,Think before you speak, or perhaps blog. Your shameful opinions are on the interweb for ever.IN more
- Miriam on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... You show a total lack of understanding of how women feel during abusive relationships. Survival and finding the strength to ... more
- bc on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... its a wonder gillard didnt sign her up more
- T on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... All I have to say is: if you haven't been in an abusive relationship, don't presume to lecture domestic violence victims on ... more
- Jacinta on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... Since when has any one woman, famous or otherwise, been responsible for ending domestic violence? Dee Dee, your argument is ... more
- Debra on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... I think its all staged by the media, if you look closely enough you will see they are holding hands while he has his hand on ... more
- John Bal on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... So Dee Dee, you would like to use your power, the power of the media to coerce someone to do something they might not choose ... more
- Angela Lewis on Nigella, we don't like to think of you ... Helen, beautifully said. unfortunately ignorance gets a public forum (e.g. this DD)that is undeserved by people like Dee Dee ... more
Racist picks a fight with a cage fighting champion
When did it become so provocative, such a crime, to speak in a foreign language in public in Melbourne?
Brazilian-born Aussie Gustavo Falciroli was on the South Morang train when he spoke to a friend in Portuguese. A man came up to him, told him ‘It was not his country’ and then threatened to cut and rape him, his wife and two children.
All that, because this naturalised Aussie spoken in a public place in a foreign language – that’s it.
Gustavo Falciroli after he became an Australian citizen in August this year. (Photo: Facebook)>
Mr Falciroli did not create a scene or an incident. He wisely got off the train, then alerted Police and the man was later apprehended.
The irony in all this, this boofhead racist, unbeknownst to him, had actually abused a man who could have made him pay for being such a drop kick.
You see, Gustavo is a cage fighting champion and a former Jiu Jitsu world champion.
The racist had no idea who he had tackled, he just heard a foreign language and engaged his foul mouth – and that’s the point.
This is the second time in a month we've heard that a person talking in a foreign language has been abused on public transport. Remember the French woman being lambasted for signing a song on a bus – that video went viral.
I don’t understand why people speaking a foreign language are being targeted. When I grew up, it was commonplace to hear Greeks and Italians talking in their own language in shops, on trains, even at the footy. No one cared; it added to the colour of our city. Still does.
For his part, Gustavo Falciroli walked away from this confrontation on the train. He showed grace, dignity and decency; Great Australian qualities.
I would hope he’s proven he’s a far greater Aussie than the boofhead who abused him.
LISTEN: Gustavo Falciroli with Nick McCallum:
Dandy Dave is an IdiotMark Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 11:53 AM
Grace , dignity and decency; great Australian qualities.
Since when? What does that mean? How about Thailand? How about Canada? How about so many countries all around the planet? Every time bad behaviour of some sort hits the news, idiots comment about the behaviour not being Australian. The notion is jingoistically racist. Idiots.Eddy Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 7:30 AM
Your a good man Gustavo!
Your actions prove that you are a REAL MAN by ignoring this pathetic coward.
( Although I would have loved to have seen his face if you had taken it further)Cam Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:05 PM
speak english is right. I agree with you. Since when did Australia become a multi-lingual country? What's the national language of Australia - it's english isn't it?. Perhaps if media like 3AW stuck up for their country more often Australia wouldn't be in the mess it is today.dandy dave Monday 17 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM
who cares what he was saying to his mate, it was none of that guys business to approach him. Good on you Gustavotina Monday 17 December, 2012 - 1:33 PM
Well done Gustavo we need people like you in Australia im glad you became a Australian citizen
feel free to travel on the Pakenham line any timedennis frazer Monday 17 December, 2012 - 8:53 AM