- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- Melbourne secures David Bowie exhibition
- Will Russia’s sanctions matter?
- These Final Hours: Zak Hilditch
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Aug 1
- Highlights of Melbourne International Film Festival
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
Russell Mark says sporting shooters facing discrimination after Sandy Hook
Gold medal winning Olympic shooter Russell Mark has criticised the pressure being put on the sport shooting industry in the wake of the Sandy Hook primary school shooting.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Russell Mark said Australia already had some of the toughest gun laws in the world, and legitimate sporting shooters are being discriminated against.
"(The current laws) are not right by any means," he said.
"Our laws on semi-automatic rifles are the strictest in the world and they're not quite right. There are some legitimate people that still struggle with this."
Russell Mark said there was an ‘analogy’ being drawn between law abiding Australian firearms owners are ‘some maniac running around in a kindergarten in the United States’, and he was disgusted that two Victorian schools were criticised for taking students on a shooting range excursion days after the Connecticut shooting.
"I think responsible gun ownership is what's in the mind of every single Australian that owns a firearm," he said.
"Every single person that I know would like to see someone that uses a firearm irresponsibly or unlawfully punished more, but I don't think anyone wants to see more and more restrictions put into place."
LISTEN: Russell Mark speaks with Nick McCallum:
Russell Marks is the very moderate voice of target shooting in Australia. You should also get the opinion of conservation hunters and then begin to see how the 1996 Howard gun-hate laws have allowed the proliferation of feral animals, to the detriment of public safety/livestock welfare (from wild dogs) and seriously affected our unique fauna survival just by his banning of .22 rim-fire/pea-rifle self-loaders and pump-action shotguns!
I predict the air would be "blue" if you did....!BigBunny Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 2:56 PM
So let's close down sporting shooters. Big deal no loss. Marks should get a real job and stop complaining.Ivan@Kinnane Friday 4 January, 2013 - 3:10 PM
Is Russell Mark the spokesperson for Australian sporting shooters, he always seems to have something to say. Causing a broo haa over the fact he could not share sleeping quarters with his wife at the Olympics, facing severe criticism over showing his 4 year old son how to hold a large gun and shoot it and now saying legitimate shooters are being dicriminated against. He certainly loves to get his head on the news.Gloria Friday 28 December, 2012 - 1:31 PM
It's quite easy - try taking up a different "sport".Peter Hillster Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 6:39 PM