- Dr Napthine sings happy birthday
- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Interview with Stephen Lance
- Jim's Movie Cheat Sheet
- Ela visits the "Lui Bar"
- Mother's plea for more family time
- Melbourne's Own photo competition
- Labor's pledge to get families fishing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Doug on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Unhappy can"t hear Grubby and Dee Dee in the car or in the shed. Digital doesn't work in the Mc Crae area. I'm over cricket, ... more
- James on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Stop winging people. At least we have a choice. You don't have to buy a digital radio if you have access to the internet ... more
- Chris mack on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Description is ambiguous does cricket take over regular programs only on Sunday or throughout the week when cricket is on. more
- Jenn on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk How do those of us living outside the Digital range (in the country)and have poor internet connection get normal ... more
- Jayme Doran on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Live audio streaming of Cricket Coverage via the newly relaunched cricket.com.au website is for Australian Cricket Family ... more
- alan smith on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk it's all a rort to make us buy a radio that doesn't work all the time. more
- Gloss on Derby Day: How much did you spend on ... OMG, that south wind was very chilling those ladies who wore summer frocks must have been freezing. They must have been very ... more
- Peter on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Will football be covered on digital or analogue? more
- Jason & Lissy on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk GREat Idea because not everyone likes Cricket. more
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
Russell Mark says sporting shooters facing discrimination after Sandy Hook
Gold medal winning Olympic shooter Russell Mark has criticised the pressure being put on the sport shooting industry in the wake of the Sandy Hook primary school shooting.
Speaking with Nick McCallum, Russell Mark said Australia already had some of the toughest gun laws in the world, and legitimate sporting shooters are being discriminated against.
"(The current laws) are not right by any means," he said.
"Our laws on semi-automatic rifles are the strictest in the world and they're not quite right. There are some legitimate people that still struggle with this."
Russell Mark said there was an ‘analogy’ being drawn between law abiding Australian firearms owners are ‘some maniac running around in a kindergarten in the United States’, and he was disgusted that two Victorian schools were criticised for taking students on a shooting range excursion days after the Connecticut shooting.
"I think responsible gun ownership is what's in the mind of every single Australian that owns a firearm," he said.
"Every single person that I know would like to see someone that uses a firearm irresponsibly or unlawfully punished more, but I don't think anyone wants to see more and more restrictions put into place."
LISTEN: Russell Mark speaks with Nick McCallum:
Russell Marks is the very moderate voice of target shooting in Australia. You should also get the opinion of conservation hunters and then begin to see how the 1996 Howard gun-hate laws have allowed the proliferation of feral animals, to the detriment of public safety/livestock welfare (from wild dogs) and seriously affected our unique fauna survival just by his banning of .22 rim-fire/pea-rifle self-loaders and pump-action shotguns!
I predict the air would be "blue" if you did....!BigBunny Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 2:56 PM
So let's close down sporting shooters. Big deal no loss. Marks should get a real job and stop complaining.Ivan@Kinnane Friday 4 January, 2013 - 3:10 PM
Is Russell Mark the spokesperson for Australian sporting shooters, he always seems to have something to say. Causing a broo haa over the fact he could not share sleeping quarters with his wife at the Olympics, facing severe criticism over showing his 4 year old son how to hold a large gun and shoot it and now saying legitimate shooters are being dicriminated against. He certainly loves to get his head on the news.Gloria Friday 28 December, 2012 - 1:31 PM
It's quite easy - try taking up a different "sport".Peter Hillster Thursday 27 December, 2012 - 6:39 PM