- New release film reviews - August 28
- VIDEO: The Inbetweeners
- 'God looked after the whole thing'
- New release movie reviews - August 14
- Melbourne secures David Bowie exhibition
- Will Russia’s sanctions matter?
- These Final Hours: Zak Hilditch
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Aug 1
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kim on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE- SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST 9.00-1.00. Huge moving house sale- we have formal dining setting & matching sideboard, ... more
- Doncaster Corps on 3AW Online Community Doncaster Salvation Army is again hosting a wonderful musical experience at the 3rd Annual Salvo Festival of Community ... more
- Phil Jamonts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE - Ferntree GullySat 23rd Aug 8am - 2pm1/9 Fitzgerald St, FTGElectrical Contractor going out of buisnees. Many ... more
- sylvia on 'Once My Mother' - Sophia Turkiewicz I've just watched the movie in the cinema, it was a very well told story that brought me to tears. Haven't seen such a good ... more
- Anita Payne on 3AW Online Community â??Spring Art & Craft Exhibitionâ??Highlands Retirement Village in Craigieburn, Victoria are holding an Art & Craft ... more
- Suzie Martens on 3AW Online Community Brighton Theatre CompanyNew play...Chilling and Killing of Annabel Lee...from 21 August to 6 September. Book online: ... more
- Gael Tomamichel on 3AW Online Community Garage SaleSaturday 16th August15 Helen St Frankston9am til 3pm no early callersWe are downsizingHousehold goods, sporting ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale. 17 Bradford Avenue Greenvale, 3059.Saturday 16th of August. 9am-3pm.Clothing, kitchen appliances, outdoor ... more
- Kyra Fennell on 3AW Online Community Garage Sale.Saturday 16th of August9am-3pm.Clothing, household appliances, outdoor furniture and more. more
- Chris Padley on Critical Incident Response Team Congratulations on a different way of dealing with these situations. I as a Psych Nurse in an acute Psychiatric Unit ... more
- Aj on Eatery denies racial profiling claims On 8th Feb this year, Il Dom promoted Indigenous culture on their Facebook page. Not long after, promoted West African ... more
- Helen Tyack on Eatery denies racial profiling claims This girl is doing her best to try to destroy a business, based on assumptions, not evidence. The Facebook page is pure ... more
- Blake on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My Local chineese restaurant wouldn't take my order at 5pm. They open at 6pm but surely they were being racist to me because ... more
- Jester4212 on Eatery denies racial profiling claims Tabbi Teklemariam is obviously out on some kind of vendetta. Total overreaction to situation. Especially playing the race ... more
- Nick on Eatery denies racial profiling claims My local Chinese restaurant wouldn't take my order at midnight the other night. surely it's a case of racism. What else ... more
- mylene on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' If you point a camera at most people they couldn't even remember their name let alone explain complex political policies. ... more
- Gloria on 'Ricky Muir has no clue' Yes, watched Mikes' sessions with these Nuff Nuffs, hard to believe that there is so many gullible people out there that ... more
- Big Al on Jim's Cheat Sheet - May 23 Some films are so good that a sequel can never enhance, only detract. I hope that "Blade Runner" is left alone so we can ... more
- Factsseeker on Labor pledges domestic violence inquiry Every male policemen in Victoria knows what world statistics now show, that women are just as violent as men when it comes ... more
- mylene on WRAP: The 'good and bad' budget Doesn't effect me in the slightest and I'm the $80K+, single Labor voter that the coalition hates. Better luck next time, ... more
Spida Everitt inflames the issue
UPDATE: Media commentator and former AFL star Peter Everitt has responded to criticism of his tweets by 3AW's Neil Mitchell by implying they've been taken out of context.
This morning, Everitt arguably attacked the alleged victim in the sexual assault case police are investigating which involves a complaint made against at least one Collingwood footballer.
Neil Mitchell told Everit to 'grow up!' after reading the tweet: "Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......"
At 3:20pm, Everitt posted five tweets where he accuses Mitchell of taking 'poetic license' in delivering the editorial you can hear in the media player above.
"1 of 5 neil mitchell has taken poetic licence to interpret my words to mean I support matters regarding sexual offences in favour of"
"2/5 the perpertrator. This is so far from the truth it is laughable. I can not and will not ever support female abuse in any manner or form"
"3/5 my comments are solely aimed at warning females of the danger of being drunk or under the influence of drugs. I do not condone any"
"4/5 actions that lead to or may lead to a sexual offence being committed."
"5/5 thank you!"
Even before his five-tweet defence, Everitt posted other tweets since he first came under fire this morning on the 3AW website which in order of appearance said:
"As my tweet states very clearly everything is alleged"
"I never said I support rape infact if u look I have never mentioned the word rape"
"Clearly a lot of u are not reading my tweets correctlym"
EARLIER: After Neil Mitchell criticised the Collingwood players for allowing themselves to be filmed drinking and partying in the wake of very serious sexual allegations alleged against one of the club's players, the 3AW host has uncovered another example of a man connected to the footy world 'just not getting it'.
Former AFL star Peter 'Spida' Everitt has posted two tweets on his site http://twitter.com/spidaeveritt, which one can reasonably assume are linked to the woman who has filed a complaint with Victoria Police against at least one Collingwood player.
The Tweet credited to Everitt that is most damning says: "Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......"
This comment, posted around 10am today, comes on the back of allegations reported in The Australian newspaper which suggest a Collingwood footballer being investigated for taking part in an alleged pack sexual assault.
The attack allegedly occurred at a home in Dorcas Street South Melbourne in the early hours of Sunday morning and the newspaper's reporting it allegedly involved the Collingwood player, the woman's boyfriend and several other men.
The paper's reporting the boyfriend urged her to have sex with the Premiership player and the others then forced their way into the bedroom.
The woman - a University student - has been medically examined as police compile their case.
Items from the South Melbourne address, including bedsheets and condoms, have also been taken away for forensic testing.
Everitt's Twitter account is followed by more than 1,300 people, which includes media representatives and footy fans.
3AW is seeking an explanation from Everitt.
Surprise, surprise women are hearing the same messages again: make a stupid decision or trust the wrong man and: 1) it is ok for a man to assault you, 2) any assault is not his fault, but yours, 3) Get ready for scorn and vilification for daring to contact the police.
The scorn we direct towards other cultures and the way they treat women is misplaced.Jaytee Friday 8 October, 2010 - 8:56 PM
If you drink and drive, kill someone on the road do you think the judge would say it was not your fault because you were drunk?
So what makes this any different?
What if the guy is drunk as well and can't tell how drunk the girl is? Is it still his fault or can he say she took advantage of him because he was drunk?
C'mon people. Using alcohol as an excuse is pathetic.
If you cannot control yourself when you get drunk then control the amount you drink. Simple.
If a girl gets tipsy or drunk, accepts an invitation from a stranger to go to his place, thus putting herself in that position why blame the guy? When are women going to take responsibility for their own behaviour?
So they are both drunk but it's the guys fault. Am I the only one who sees what is wrong with this statement?Peggy Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 9:13 PM
3aw should sack that bloke by the name of NEIL MITCHELL.
3AW Has lost about 50,000 listlessness. I will not turn on to 3aw ever again.
HATE MITCHEL HATE MITCHELLTony Inter Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 4:07 PM
i have 3 daughters and they all go out with their friends and drink alcohol. have allways told them that alcohol takes away your good judgement, and do not tell me you got blind and woke up in some footballers or any other mans bed, dont have much sympathy for thses girls who wake up ashamed, hungover and cry rapelorraine Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 3:41 PM
Let's stop talking about sexual assault and just call it ASSAULT!
Now, ask yourself if it is possible to dress, act, speak in such a way as to be asking for ASSAULT? Do women ask to be attacked and assaulted if they are drunk, or young, or naive? When is it, according to the Spida and others, acceptable and okay to assault a woman? Under what circumstances is a physical assault against a woman justified?
Is the penny starting to drop for you morons yet...?Justine Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 8:17 AM
No where have I seen or heard that this woman was under the influence of anything. Why does everyone think that is what has allegedly happen? Why the hell didnâ??t her so called boyfriend stop the alleged attack from happening? People can sometimes find them self in situation that they are unable to get them self out of, even without the affect of drugs or alcohol. It may be out of fear or pressure from another party. None of you know (including me) what has taken place, except for the people that where there. If it had have been anybody but footballers involved would it even be in the media?jill Wednesday 6 October, 2010 - 7:07 PM