- Dr Napthine sings happy birthday
- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Interview with Stephen Lance
- Jim's Movie Cheat Sheet
- Ela visits the "Lui Bar"
- Mother's plea for more family time
- Melbourne's Own photo competition
- Labor's pledge to get families fishing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Doug on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Unhappy can"t hear Grubby and Dee Dee in the car or in the shed. Digital doesn't work in the Mc Crae area. I'm over cricket, ... more
- James on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Stop winging people. At least we have a choice. You don't have to buy a digital radio if you have access to the internet ... more
- Chris mack on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Description is ambiguous does cricket take over regular programs only on Sunday or throughout the week when cricket is on. more
- Jenn on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk How do those of us living outside the Digital range (in the country)and have poor internet connection get normal ... more
- Jayme Doran on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Live audio streaming of Cricket Coverage via the newly relaunched cricket.com.au website is for Australian Cricket Family ... more
- alan smith on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk it's all a rort to make us buy a radio that doesn't work all the time. more
- Gloss on Derby Day: How much did you spend on ... OMG, that south wind was very chilling those ladies who wore summer frocks must have been freezing. They must have been very ... more
- Peter on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Will football be covered on digital or analogue? more
- Jason & Lissy on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk GREat Idea because not everyone likes Cricket. more
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
Spida Everitt inflames the issue
UPDATE: Media commentator and former AFL star Peter Everitt has responded to criticism of his tweets by 3AW's Neil Mitchell by implying they've been taken out of context.
This morning, Everitt arguably attacked the alleged victim in the sexual assault case police are investigating which involves a complaint made against at least one Collingwood footballer.
Neil Mitchell told Everit to 'grow up!' after reading the tweet: "Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......"
At 3:20pm, Everitt posted five tweets where he accuses Mitchell of taking 'poetic license' in delivering the editorial you can hear in the media player above.
"1 of 5 neil mitchell has taken poetic licence to interpret my words to mean I support matters regarding sexual offences in favour of"
"2/5 the perpertrator. This is so far from the truth it is laughable. I can not and will not ever support female abuse in any manner or form"
"3/5 my comments are solely aimed at warning females of the danger of being drunk or under the influence of drugs. I do not condone any"
"4/5 actions that lead to or may lead to a sexual offence being committed."
"5/5 thank you!"
Even before his five-tweet defence, Everitt posted other tweets since he first came under fire this morning on the 3AW website which in order of appearance said:
"As my tweet states very clearly everything is alleged"
"I never said I support rape infact if u look I have never mentioned the word rape"
"Clearly a lot of u are not reading my tweets correctlym"
EARLIER: After Neil Mitchell criticised the Collingwood players for allowing themselves to be filmed drinking and partying in the wake of very serious sexual allegations alleged against one of the club's players, the 3AW host has uncovered another example of a man connected to the footy world 'just not getting it'.
Former AFL star Peter 'Spida' Everitt has posted two tweets on his site http://twitter.com/spidaeveritt, which one can reasonably assume are linked to the woman who has filed a complaint with Victoria Police against at least one Collingwood player.
The Tweet credited to Everitt that is most damning says: "Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......"
This comment, posted around 10am today, comes on the back of allegations reported in The Australian newspaper which suggest a Collingwood footballer being investigated for taking part in an alleged pack sexual assault.
The attack allegedly occurred at a home in Dorcas Street South Melbourne in the early hours of Sunday morning and the newspaper's reporting it allegedly involved the Collingwood player, the woman's boyfriend and several other men.
The paper's reporting the boyfriend urged her to have sex with the Premiership player and the others then forced their way into the bedroom.
The woman - a University student - has been medically examined as police compile their case.
Items from the South Melbourne address, including bedsheets and condoms, have also been taken away for forensic testing.
Everitt's Twitter account is followed by more than 1,300 people, which includes media representatives and footy fans.
3AW is seeking an explanation from Everitt.
Surprise, surprise women are hearing the same messages again: make a stupid decision or trust the wrong man and: 1) it is ok for a man to assault you, 2) any assault is not his fault, but yours, 3) Get ready for scorn and vilification for daring to contact the police.
The scorn we direct towards other cultures and the way they treat women is misplaced.Jaytee Friday 8 October, 2010 - 8:56 PM
If you drink and drive, kill someone on the road do you think the judge would say it was not your fault because you were drunk?
So what makes this any different?
What if the guy is drunk as well and can't tell how drunk the girl is? Is it still his fault or can he say she took advantage of him because he was drunk?
C'mon people. Using alcohol as an excuse is pathetic.
If you cannot control yourself when you get drunk then control the amount you drink. Simple.
If a girl gets tipsy or drunk, accepts an invitation from a stranger to go to his place, thus putting herself in that position why blame the guy? When are women going to take responsibility for their own behaviour?
So they are both drunk but it's the guys fault. Am I the only one who sees what is wrong with this statement?Peggy Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 9:13 PM
3aw should sack that bloke by the name of NEIL MITCHELL.
3AW Has lost about 50,000 listlessness. I will not turn on to 3aw ever again.
HATE MITCHEL HATE MITCHELLTony Inter Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 4:07 PM
i have 3 daughters and they all go out with their friends and drink alcohol. have allways told them that alcohol takes away your good judgement, and do not tell me you got blind and woke up in some footballers or any other mans bed, dont have much sympathy for thses girls who wake up ashamed, hungover and cry rapelorraine Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 3:41 PM
Let's stop talking about sexual assault and just call it ASSAULT!
Now, ask yourself if it is possible to dress, act, speak in such a way as to be asking for ASSAULT? Do women ask to be attacked and assaulted if they are drunk, or young, or naive? When is it, according to the Spida and others, acceptable and okay to assault a woman? Under what circumstances is a physical assault against a woman justified?
Is the penny starting to drop for you morons yet...?Justine Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 8:17 AM
No where have I seen or heard that this woman was under the influence of anything. Why does everyone think that is what has allegedly happen? Why the hell didnâ??t her so called boyfriend stop the alleged attack from happening? People can sometimes find them self in situation that they are unable to get them self out of, even without the affect of drugs or alcohol. It may be out of fear or pressure from another party. None of you know (including me) what has taken place, except for the people that where there. If it had have been anybody but footballers involved would it even be in the media?jill Wednesday 6 October, 2010 - 7:07 PM