- Parks Victoria authorises deer cull
- Woman struck down by bus
- Golden night for Aussies at the Oscars
- Jim's movie poster parodies
- 'Leave it to the professionals'
- New release movie reviews - February 27
- Day 14: My final day in Sochi
- Day 13: Sochi souvenirs
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Steve on Parks Victoria authorises deer cull Let's hope this is well supervised or someone will be shot. more
- Gloss on Woman struck down by bus Is there a pedestrian crossing there? I am continually amazed at people who cross busy roads without looking and Sydney Road ... more
- Luke on Parks Victoria authorises deer cull Wait for all the bleeding hearts declaring that we shouldn't be culling off "native" animals. And why we shouldn't just buy ... more
- Mandi on Jim's movie poster parodies I admire John Jarrett for his acting he played a notorious role in wolf Creek I'm yet to see the Wolf Creek 2 .Savages ... more
- Lukew on Telstra axes 800 jobs As long as we have this incessant drive for growth there will be constant pressure on jobs. Since growth drives the CEO's ... more
- Liz on Telstra axes 800 jobs This is becoming absolutely ridiculous. What are we suppose to do to put out food on the table.I'm a mum and my husband was ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Telstra axes 800 jobs @Craig. This is the outcome of years and years of damned rorting by Unions in Australia. Look at the ridiculous pay rates ... more
- Craig on Telstra axes 800 jobs Abbott says we are open for Business ...but all Businesses are leaving and going offshore...we are becoming a country of ... more
- Esther on Daily blog from Sochi Maybe a little late, but check her out on youtube - she's good! more
- biggles on 100,000 trout dying in poor water cruelity more
- Darryl Luttrell on 100,000 trout dying in poor water This will be a blight on governments and corporates if this internationally known Trout water and environmental wonder is ... more
- Nick on Officers heavy-handed with frail man Why is it we see these types of videos every week of a ticket officer being way over the top? These guys get given a tiny ... more
- Mark on Daily blog from Sochi Hang on, is that the journo ice skating in that video??! That's impressive! more
- Ivan@kinnane on Channel Seven axes Today Tonight Flashback to Feb 2013: Neil Mitchell interviews Helen Kapalos about her then dumping by Network Ten. Helen describes it as ... more
- Greg on Channel Seven axes Today Tonight About time,and Channel 9 should axe that other Ambulance Chaser A Current Affair. more
- IVFDad on Couples rush to 'quick fix' IVF Other than medical reasons, the lack of laws for IVF children and families is the biggest threat to the well-being of IVF ... more
- Ian N on New law is needed to stop one-punch ... Can we make it a condition of bail/parole if they blame alcohol that they must be zero BAC for ten years after being ... more
- bc on New law is needed to stop one-punch ... robert clark what a joke he is people are getting king hit by thugs and clark gives them 4 years if thats the case somebody ... more
- andy on New law is needed to stop one-punch ... so all night transport on weekends is part of the solution to these cowardsme thinks BULLTISH" will i or won't leave someone ... more
- Tony on 'Farewell and goodluck, Justin' Do the Sydney audience realise that Justin is NOT Rob Sitch?! more
Spida Everitt inflames the issue
UPDATE: Media commentator and former AFL star Peter Everitt has responded to criticism of his tweets by 3AW's Neil Mitchell by implying they've been taken out of context.
This morning, Everitt arguably attacked the alleged victim in the sexual assault case police are investigating which involves a complaint made against at least one Collingwood footballer.
Neil Mitchell told Everit to 'grow up!' after reading the tweet: "Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......"
At 3:20pm, Everitt posted five tweets where he accuses Mitchell of taking 'poetic license' in delivering the editorial you can hear in the media player above.
"1 of 5 neil mitchell has taken poetic licence to interpret my words to mean I support matters regarding sexual offences in favour of"
"2/5 the perpertrator. This is so far from the truth it is laughable. I can not and will not ever support female abuse in any manner or form"
"3/5 my comments are solely aimed at warning females of the danger of being drunk or under the influence of drugs. I do not condone any"
"4/5 actions that lead to or may lead to a sexual offence being committed."
"5/5 thank you!"
Even before his five-tweet defence, Everitt posted other tweets since he first came under fire this morning on the 3AW website which in order of appearance said:
"As my tweet states very clearly everything is alleged"
"I never said I support rape infact if u look I have never mentioned the word rape"
"Clearly a lot of u are not reading my tweets correctlym"
EARLIER: After Neil Mitchell criticised the Collingwood players for allowing themselves to be filmed drinking and partying in the wake of very serious sexual allegations alleged against one of the club's players, the 3AW host has uncovered another example of a man connected to the footy world 'just not getting it'.
Former AFL star Peter 'Spida' Everitt has posted two tweets on his site http://twitter.com/spidaeveritt, which one can reasonably assume are linked to the woman who has filed a complaint with Victoria Police against at least one Collingwood player.
The Tweet credited to Everitt that is most damning says: "Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO! Allegedly......"
This comment, posted around 10am today, comes on the back of allegations reported in The Australian newspaper which suggest a Collingwood footballer being investigated for taking part in an alleged pack sexual assault.
The attack allegedly occurred at a home in Dorcas Street South Melbourne in the early hours of Sunday morning and the newspaper's reporting it allegedly involved the Collingwood player, the woman's boyfriend and several other men.
The paper's reporting the boyfriend urged her to have sex with the Premiership player and the others then forced their way into the bedroom.
The woman - a University student - has been medically examined as police compile their case.
Items from the South Melbourne address, including bedsheets and condoms, have also been taken away for forensic testing.
Everitt's Twitter account is followed by more than 1,300 people, which includes media representatives and footy fans.
3AW is seeking an explanation from Everitt.
Surprise, surprise women are hearing the same messages again: make a stupid decision or trust the wrong man and: 1) it is ok for a man to assault you, 2) any assault is not his fault, but yours, 3) Get ready for scorn and vilification for daring to contact the police.
The scorn we direct towards other cultures and the way they treat women is misplaced.Jaytee Friday 8 October, 2010 - 8:56 PM
If you drink and drive, kill someone on the road do you think the judge would say it was not your fault because you were drunk?
So what makes this any different?
What if the guy is drunk as well and can't tell how drunk the girl is? Is it still his fault or can he say she took advantage of him because he was drunk?
C'mon people. Using alcohol as an excuse is pathetic.
If you cannot control yourself when you get drunk then control the amount you drink. Simple.
If a girl gets tipsy or drunk, accepts an invitation from a stranger to go to his place, thus putting herself in that position why blame the guy? When are women going to take responsibility for their own behaviour?
So they are both drunk but it's the guys fault. Am I the only one who sees what is wrong with this statement?Peggy Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 9:13 PM
3aw should sack that bloke by the name of NEIL MITCHELL.
3AW Has lost about 50,000 listlessness. I will not turn on to 3aw ever again.
HATE MITCHEL HATE MITCHELLTony Inter Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 4:07 PM
i have 3 daughters and they all go out with their friends and drink alcohol. have allways told them that alcohol takes away your good judgement, and do not tell me you got blind and woke up in some footballers or any other mans bed, dont have much sympathy for thses girls who wake up ashamed, hungover and cry rapelorraine Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 3:41 PM
Let's stop talking about sexual assault and just call it ASSAULT!
Now, ask yourself if it is possible to dress, act, speak in such a way as to be asking for ASSAULT? Do women ask to be attacked and assaulted if they are drunk, or young, or naive? When is it, according to the Spida and others, acceptable and okay to assault a woman? Under what circumstances is a physical assault against a woman justified?
Is the penny starting to drop for you morons yet...?Justine Thursday 7 October, 2010 - 8:17 AM
No where have I seen or heard that this woman was under the influence of anything. Why does everyone think that is what has allegedly happen? Why the hell didnâ??t her so called boyfriend stop the alleged attack from happening? People can sometimes find them self in situation that they are unable to get them self out of, even without the affect of drugs or alcohol. It may be out of fear or pressure from another party. None of you know (including me) what has taken place, except for the people that where there. If it had have been anybody but footballers involved would it even be in the media?jill Wednesday 6 October, 2010 - 7:07 PM