- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Interview with Stephen Lance
- Jim's Movie Cheat Sheet
- Ela visits the "Lui Bar"
- Mother's plea for more family time
- Melbourne's Own photo competition
- Labor's pledge to get families fishing
- What do you love most about Melbourne?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Doug on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Unhappy can"t hear Grubby and Dee Dee in the car or in the shed. Digital doesn't work in the Mc Crae area. I'm over cricket, ... more
- James on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Stop winging people. At least we have a choice. You don't have to buy a digital radio if you have access to the internet ... more
- Chris mack on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Description is ambiguous does cricket take over regular programs only on Sunday or throughout the week when cricket is on. more
- Jenn on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk How do those of us living outside the Digital range (in the country)and have poor internet connection get normal ... more
- Jayme Doran on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Live audio streaming of Cricket Coverage via the newly relaunched cricket.com.au website is for Australian Cricket Family ... more
- alan smith on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk it's all a rort to make us buy a radio that doesn't work all the time. more
- Gloss on Derby Day: How much did you spend on ... OMG, that south wind was very chilling those ladies who wore summer frocks must have been freezing. They must have been very ... more
- Peter on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk Will football be covered on digital or analogue? more
- Jason & Lissy on 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk GREat Idea because not everyone likes Cricket. more
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
Streetwise - Topics and Links
PROTECTING AGAINST BUSHFIRES
There needs to be intelligent intervention. Good science. Understanding the implications of living in the bush. And providing local solutions to protect people and property in high fire risk areas.
We need to plan better, for people, their property, and how we protect them.
VCAT say they make planning decisions better and faster. Maybe they can, but lets be fair – VCAT’s the umpire. They’re making decisions on rules.
Lets get to the bottom of it, who makes the rules? And how are these rules affecting us?
ROAD PRICES AND CONGESTION TAX
I think its coming – road use charges, congestion area parking, tolls, high occupancy lanes.
They’re all directed to ease the congestion. Stand by for road pricing? In an ideal world we’d all be walking, riding a bike or taking public transport. At the moment the car remains king.
Here’s a snapshot: Vehicles in public reserves, building materials and rubble, advertising and bill posting. What about model aeroplanes. Keeping dogs, cats, pigeons, poultry and horses. Busking, building over easements, planting on nature strips, polluting storm water drains.
Do I need to go on?
Okay, overdue library books, smoking, animal litter…
Yep, they’re called local laws this week on Streetwise I’ll give you valuable advice. Be careful - if you don’t follow them, expect an infringement notice or enforcement.
What do you check before you buy a property? Do you measure the site, inspect the building, talk to the neighbours, get a history of the place? There’s so much to take in.
Does anyone check the property complies with local planning and building regulations?
This week on Streetwise I’ll give you valuable advice on checking a house before you buy.
STRONGER, HEALTHIER AND BETTER COMMUNITIES
We want communities with character, peace and quiet, amenity, accessibility to work and play…
Is our government delivering?
Streetwise will give you valuable advice on what builds stronger, healthier and better communities for us to live, work and play in.
LETS GET PHYSICAL
How far is the nearest local park to you. Do you walk, ride, go for a swim?
How easy is it for us to get physical in our own neighbourhood and enjoy the benefits of exercise? Do planners and government provide good public open space in your neighbourhood?
Streetwise talks to everyday people throughout Victoria wondering what to do, who to turn to and who to deal with bureaucratic red tape of councils and state governments. Big House gives valuable advice to listeners on DIY in and projects around the house. Big House can help you with all your renovations, extension and running repairs at home.
Hi you had builders on Saturday 20 July - beginning with F - can you tll m who they are?Rita Sunday 21 July, 2013 - 7:42 PM
I would like you to have a look at the Airport Drive extention and why Hume council will not talk to the airport about running Trade park Drive out on to it to take most of the traffic off Melrose Drive and safe Vic roads millions on rebuilding the roundabout not make sence to me CheersRussell Fisher Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 11:31 AM
Saturday morning 10am - 11am one of the presenters was referring to an alfresco heater/teppanyaki unit approx. $1800.....i'm after further information if possible please.
ThanksNigel Monday 16 July, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Hello Paul & Darren,
You had a lady on asking about land along the south eastern freeway in Berwick all land along that area of the freeway is controlled by Vic roads.
Anthony ToddAnthony Todd Saturday 11 December, 2010 - 11:29 AM
Love the Saturday streetwise. Woman rang in thinking of developing her property into two, after real estate agents say the house will be demolished. They want to make the profit. Have they considered it would change from a family home no capital gains to attracing taxes.robyne Saturday 16 October, 2010 - 11:21 AM
In the end, i think i'll keep my own little system but borrow some of the best ideas from what's already out there in wikki and textile.ccsp Tuesday 1 June, 2010 - 5:42 PM