- Survey three: 3AW 693 - Melbourne's number one
- Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard is finished
- Life and death: Why weren't paramedics disturbed during their meal break?
- The contemporary veterans we won't forget
- Touchdown in Tarin Kowt
- Today was medical training
- No tears but plenty of worry for families saying goodbye
- Exit Afghanistan: It’s all about the war
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Mark on 3AW Online Community Two households combined. Lots of household items including a leather desk chair, student desk, chest of drawers, antiques, ... more
- PJ on Survey three: 3AW 693 - Melbourne's ... Congratulations! The great thing about 3AW is you do not try to push how great the Gillard Government is down our necks ... more
- JASON & LISSY FROM BORONIA & FERNTREE GULLY on Survey three: 3AW 693 - Melbourne's ... Lissy & I congratulate 3AW for our wik\n in survey 3 2013. Great Station, Great team great Football Commentary tem. more
- Jim Roberts on 3AW Online Community GARAGE SALE. Sat. 25/5 9AM start and a 4pm finish. 15 Prue Court Fawkner. Owners are selling everything. Furniture, Clothes, ... more
- Linda on 3AW Online Community MASSIVE GARAGE SALE6A HENTY STREET, RESERVOIR (OPPOSITE MOORE CRESCENT) SATURDAY, 18TH MAY, 2013 8.30AM TO 3.00PM AND AGAIN ... more
- Susan on Soccer should acknowledge 'boneheaded' ... In the last few weeks at Aussie Ball games - Police assaulted, capsicum sprayed used, the one African player you haveis ... more
- Just a number on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... 'Get real' and 'Barr'y, the problem is not so much that the crew were having a meal break, but that they had been worked ... more
- IAN on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... This Gillard is a disgrace to Australia. I always voted LABOR ,and never will ever again,she should resign now and never to ... more
- Caught in the crossfire on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... We must remember too that the meal windows and mandatory 10hour breakes between shifts were introduced over a couple of ... more
- Gazza on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... Lets hope Richo is right.low wages,no penalty rates,more immigrant workers working for $3 per hour.carnt wait.......... more
- cath on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... I can't take one day more of this incompetent government what a lousy bunch, We can't wait for the ELECTION to put this ... more
- Caught in the crossfire on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... And another thing, if the computer aided despatch system we use (AMPDS) was actually up to the task this case would have ... more
- Caught in the crossfire on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... This isn't just about us sitting around "feeding our faces" and not responding to cases. This is about fatigue management ... more
- Kirk on Exit Afghanistan: It’s all about the war If the troops decide to stay put and put in more poppy 'seeds' that's their prerogative but when we have to pay for it then ... more
- Jamie on Soccer should acknowledge 'boneheaded' ... Succer sucks anyway. more
- Janet on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... No worries mate, at the first sign of something clicking and cracking in their body the first thing people will wish will be ... more
- walter on Too late to be watching Patton, Gillard ... I hope Richo is right. It's about time this hybrid government got the bullet.After their inept governing of our once decent ... more
- Dissatisfied Ambo on Life and death: Why weren't paramedics ... Hello Get Real. It is important that you realise that the meal break provisions which we currently have weren't "imposed" ... more
- Archibald on Soccer should acknowledge 'boneheaded' ... Boneheaded is definitely an understatement. After decades of sports and people's immigration we have no idea any more what ... more
- Dany on Jeff Kennett is in 'the first stage of ... Kennett wants what? He looks so much grey, unshaped and ugly just like his greatest achievement his beloved Fed ... more
Streetwise - Topics and Links
PROTECTING AGAINST BUSHFIRES
There needs to be intelligent intervention. Good science. Understanding the implications of living in the bush. And providing local solutions to protect people and property in high fire risk areas.
We need to plan better, for people, their property, and how we protect them.
VCAT say they make planning decisions better and faster. Maybe they can, but lets be fair – VCAT’s the umpire. They’re making decisions on rules.
Lets get to the bottom of it, who makes the rules? And how are these rules affecting us?
ROAD PRICES AND CONGESTION TAX
I think its coming – road use charges, congestion area parking, tolls, high occupancy lanes.
They’re all directed to ease the congestion. Stand by for road pricing? In an ideal world we’d all be walking, riding a bike or taking public transport. At the moment the car remains king.
Here’s a snapshot: Vehicles in public reserves, building materials and rubble, advertising and bill posting. What about model aeroplanes. Keeping dogs, cats, pigeons, poultry and horses. Busking, building over easements, planting on nature strips, polluting storm water drains.
Do I need to go on?
Okay, overdue library books, smoking, animal litter…
Yep, they’re called local laws this week on Streetwise I’ll give you valuable advice. Be careful - if you don’t follow them, expect an infringement notice or enforcement.
What do you check before you buy a property? Do you measure the site, inspect the building, talk to the neighbours, get a history of the place? There’s so much to take in.
Does anyone check the property complies with local planning and building regulations?
This week on Streetwise I’ll give you valuable advice on checking a house before you buy.
STRONGER, HEALTHIER AND BETTER COMMUNITIES
We want communities with character, peace and quiet, amenity, accessibility to work and play…
Is our government delivering?
Streetwise will give you valuable advice on what builds stronger, healthier and better communities for us to live, work and play in.
LETS GET PHYSICAL
How far is the nearest local park to you. Do you walk, ride, go for a swim?
How easy is it for us to get physical in our own neighbourhood and enjoy the benefits of exercise? Do planners and government provide good public open space in your neighbourhood?
Streetwise talks to everyday people throughout Victoria wondering what to do, who to turn to and who to deal with bureaucratic red tape of councils and state governments. Big House gives valuable advice to listeners on DIY in and projects around the house. Big House can help you with all your renovations, extension and running repairs at home.
I would like you to have a look at the Airport Drive extention and why Hume council will not talk to the airport about running Trade park Drive out on to it to take most of the traffic off Melrose Drive and safe Vic roads millions on rebuilding the roundabout not make sence to me CheersRussell Fisher Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 11:31 AM
Saturday morning 10am - 11am one of the presenters was referring to an alfresco heater/teppanyaki unit approx. $1800.....i'm after further information if possible please.
ThanksNigel Monday 16 July, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Hello Paul & Darren,
You had a lady on asking about land along the south eastern freeway in Berwick all land along that area of the freeway is controlled by Vic roads.
Anthony ToddAnthony Todd Saturday 11 December, 2010 - 11:29 AM
Love the Saturday streetwise. Woman rang in thinking of developing her property into two, after real estate agents say the house will be demolished. They want to make the profit. Have they considered it would change from a family home no capital gains to attracing taxes.robyne Saturday 16 October, 2010 - 11:21 AM
In the end, i think i'll keep my own little system but borrow some of the best ideas from what's already out there in wikki and textile.ccsp Tuesday 1 June, 2010 - 5:42 PM
todds guys did a good job on my renovation at doncaster, would recomend anytimeandy thompson Wednesday 17 March, 2010 - 8:54 PM