- 3AW's summer of cricket AND talk
- Teen jihadi threatens Abbott
- New release movie reviews, Sept 26
- Jim's movie cheat sheet, Sept 26
- 'We are on Team Australia'
- 'Mainstream homes can't handle dad'
- Call to make drivers pay for all roads
- Owner lifts a finger to save her dog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Peggy on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott It amazes me that parents are always surprised when their son goes to join ISIS or ISIL. Surely they know what opinion their ... more
- Mandi on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Ha thats a laugh a minute hes just blown his cover. more
- Milton on Teen jihadi threatens Abbott Cancel his Passport. more
- Mehmet Hasan on 'We are on Team Australia' I agree totally with the Sheik and Ekrem Fuldagli. As a practising Muslim I reject extremism and criminal behaviour. We are ... more
- poppitt on 'We are on Team Australia' Happy to accept anyone. Any country. But they must obey Australian Laws. If not they are a criminal and should be dealt with ... more
- Gary on Call to make drivers pay for all roads The man is using his feet for thinking and his brain for dancing. What put a toll on the Princes Freeway at Longwarry, what ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads What about transport companies, what about plumbers, electricians, builders, they pay tax on what they earn, now you want ... more
- poppitt on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Do we not pay more with the TAX on fuel? Registration! Insurance! Gosh how much more. I work for a living I have never had ... more
- Peggy on Call to make drivers pay for all roads People drive to work every day so how much would one pay for a day? Anyone living in the outer suburbs will pay a lot more ... more
- Paul on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Bad idea, only reason govt want this is because modern cars are set to be very economical and fuel tax will drop, oppose ANY ... more
- Geoff on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Just redirect our car registration fees to make the roads better. I am not sure but at the moment I think registration goes ... more
- Frankie on Call to make drivers pay for all roads Don't we already pay for the roads??By way of Car rego, Federal and state taxes and toll roads. So sick of Govt trying got ... more
- Brendan on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Wasn't there a rugby player a few years ago that tried the same method on a opponent? more
- ggggame on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Staffordshire terrier, aka Pitbull. Nothing against the breed but people should have to pay for a license to own one these ... more
- Meow on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Peggy, your ignorance clearly knows no bounds. more
- Sarah on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog I am an owner of a ridge back cros American staff and a bull arib cross aswell. They are very gentle and full of life. They ... more
- jasmine on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog BLAME THE OWNER NOT THE DOG yes this dog should have been on a lead, any dog can try and attack another its just the ... more
- Laura on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog It was an off leash beach hence why the dog was off leash. more
- David T. on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog Anne's finger would be a great weapon to use in the fight against Isis. more
- Harry on Owner lifts a finger to save her dog A Bucket of water works very well too... and is much nicer on your fingers! more
Streetwise - Topics and Links
PROTECTING AGAINST BUSHFIRES
There needs to be intelligent intervention. Good science. Understanding the implications of living in the bush. And providing local solutions to protect people and property in high fire risk areas.
We need to plan better, for people, their property, and how we protect them.
VCAT say they make planning decisions better and faster. Maybe they can, but lets be fair – VCAT’s the umpire. They’re making decisions on rules.
Lets get to the bottom of it, who makes the rules? And how are these rules affecting us?
ROAD PRICES AND CONGESTION TAX
I think its coming – road use charges, congestion area parking, tolls, high occupancy lanes.
They’re all directed to ease the congestion. Stand by for road pricing? In an ideal world we’d all be walking, riding a bike or taking public transport. At the moment the car remains king.
Here’s a snapshot: Vehicles in public reserves, building materials and rubble, advertising and bill posting. What about model aeroplanes. Keeping dogs, cats, pigeons, poultry and horses. Busking, building over easements, planting on nature strips, polluting storm water drains.
Do I need to go on?
Okay, overdue library books, smoking, animal litter…
Yep, they’re called local laws this week on Streetwise I’ll give you valuable advice. Be careful - if you don’t follow them, expect an infringement notice or enforcement.
What do you check before you buy a property? Do you measure the site, inspect the building, talk to the neighbours, get a history of the place? There’s so much to take in.
Does anyone check the property complies with local planning and building regulations?
This week on Streetwise I’ll give you valuable advice on checking a house before you buy.
STRONGER, HEALTHIER AND BETTER COMMUNITIES
We want communities with character, peace and quiet, amenity, accessibility to work and play…
Is our government delivering?
Streetwise will give you valuable advice on what builds stronger, healthier and better communities for us to live, work and play in.
LETS GET PHYSICAL
How far is the nearest local park to you. Do you walk, ride, go for a swim?
How easy is it for us to get physical in our own neighbourhood and enjoy the benefits of exercise? Do planners and government provide good public open space in your neighbourhood?
Streetwise talks to everyday people throughout Victoria wondering what to do, who to turn to and who to deal with bureaucratic red tape of councils and state governments. Big House gives valuable advice to listeners on DIY in and projects around the house. Big House can help you with all your renovations, extension and running repairs at home.
Hi you had builders on Saturday 20 July - beginning with F - can you tll m who they are?Rita Sunday 21 July, 2013 - 7:42 PM
I would like you to have a look at the Airport Drive extention and why Hume council will not talk to the airport about running Trade park Drive out on to it to take most of the traffic off Melrose Drive and safe Vic roads millions on rebuilding the roundabout not make sence to me CheersRussell Fisher Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 11:31 AM
Saturday morning 10am - 11am one of the presenters was referring to an alfresco heater/teppanyaki unit approx. $1800.....i'm after further information if possible please.
ThanksNigel Monday 16 July, 2012 - 1:58 PM
Hello Paul & Darren,
You had a lady on asking about land along the south eastern freeway in Berwick all land along that area of the freeway is controlled by Vic roads.
Anthony ToddAnthony Todd Saturday 11 December, 2010 - 11:29 AM
Love the Saturday streetwise. Woman rang in thinking of developing her property into two, after real estate agents say the house will be demolished. They want to make the profit. Have they considered it would change from a family home no capital gains to attracing taxes.robyne Saturday 16 October, 2010 - 11:21 AM
In the end, i think i'll keep my own little system but borrow some of the best ideas from what's already out there in wikki and textile.ccsp Tuesday 1 June, 2010 - 5:42 PM